PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else curious what's in the season pass?

Joe_Corleone
06-18-2016, 08:47 PM
I have the gold edition already paid off, so we know they is a season pass. What do you guys and gals think will be in it? I'm hoping for new characters, customization options, maps, and game modes.

Willaguy2010
06-18-2016, 09:21 PM
All of the above, as with a lot of DLC's they will probably just add more of what we have already.

Dead1y-Derri
06-19-2016, 12:31 AM
All of the above, as with a lot of DLC's they will probably just add more of what we have already.

Yeah I think we'll just see more of what we've already got. I can't see a new faction or game mode being DLC specific cause we've seen how horribly that has worked in other games. So I can imagine it could be skins, maps and maybe cosmetic only things.

We could maybe see a big focus with SP DLC.

DraxeI
06-19-2016, 01:11 AM
They've got a tricky problem with this I think.

You've got to bring out content that will make make owning the season pass worth it, but the problem with doing that with multiplayer maps and such is that you'll split the community into those owning the DLC and those who don't. In most cases, you'll only have ~10-20% of players owning that kind of DLC.
Then you could do cosmetics, but what kind of cosmetics could possibly justify a season pass?

As Derri suggested, singleplayer DLC could be a thing. But I somewhat doubt people would buy that on a massive scale. Especially in For Honor as the multiplayer portion is really the most magical aspect.

Killerbrian26
06-19-2016, 02:24 AM
Maybe there will be DLC classes? Maybe there will be bigger dlc later on that introduce a new faction, where there is a campaign explaining them and in multiplayer they exist with some of the classes being locked behind dlc. I'm very unsure of what could come in as DLC.

Fatal-Feit
06-19-2016, 05:09 AM
One thing they could do regarding things such as new game modes and heroes are make them timed exclusives like what they've done with R6S. This way they won't divide the playerbase and there will some form of MP reward for season pass owners.

AvarusTyrannus
06-19-2016, 05:44 AM
Could make the DLC content new heroes rather than maps, that way you could still play within the same community and not be divided into certain map groups. Heroes, more singleplayer, cosmetics...there are things they could do, but I agree map packs have been the bane of many a multiplayer game.

MisterWillow
06-19-2016, 05:56 AM
Could make the DLC content new heroes rather than maps, that way you could still play within the same community and not be divided into certain map groups. Heroes, more singleplayer, cosmetics...there are things they could do, but I agree map packs have been the bane of many a multiplayer game.

This.

More game companies should look at Helldivers as an example of this. All the new planets and objectives are free, but new weapons and strategems are DLC. The only division in the community is a disparity in power. Obviously, For Honor shouldn't have players buying power (and since the devs have already said multiplayer wouldn't involve that anyway, we don't have to worry about it), but I can definitely see them releasing other Hero/classes as paid DLC while giving players access to all the maps.

Dead1y-Derri
06-19-2016, 02:31 PM

You've got to bring out content that will make make owning the season pass worth it, but the problem with doing that with multiplayer maps and such is that you'll split the community into those owning the DLC and those who don't. In most cases, you'll only have ~10-20% of players owning that kind of DLC.
Then you could do cosmetics, but what kind of cosmetics could possibly justify a season pass?

As Derri suggested, singleplayer DLC could be a thing. But I somewhat doubt people would buy that on a massive scale. Especially in For Honor as the multiplayer portion is really the most magical aspect.

The only real safe option of not offending anyone is just cosmetics, SP and maps. Now maps as you stated do devide the player base but then it has no impact on the game really. Thousands will always not have the DLC and some will purchase the DLC. It doesn't really bother anyone too much. SP DLC could happen but the problem with that is, are people going to buy it? If they're loving the MP, chances are they might not care to go back to the SP as it might not be their cup of tea.

Cosmetics probably wouldn't justify an entire season pass like you said.

The problem with new classes or heroes or weapons is that unless they don't impact the game then people might think they're selling heroes that are better or have unique aspects that the original content doesn't have and when that happens, people starting thinking pay to win....

Ideally you want to go down the route of not encouraging this thought as it can kill a MP and divide a community.

DerHerbman
06-19-2016, 02:49 PM
They also could ad new single player stuff. I´m always more comfortable to buy things I know instead buying things blind! So I lean back and wait what they will bring.

MisterWillow
06-19-2016, 07:15 PM
They also could ad new single player stuff. I´m always more comfortable to buy things I know instead buying things blind! So I lean back and wait what they will bring.

They could... but they also said that the campaign provides context to multiplayer setting---like the multiplayer is an endless continuation of the campaign and the campaign is the story of how that world came to be.

If that's true, then maybe side stories with a side character with an unresolved plot-thread, or prequel stuff. That would be interesting.

MathiasCB
06-19-2016, 07:49 PM
I would probably enjoy an update that would provide everyone with new map and maybe something more within the factions we already have. The dlc part could grant us access to.. lets say missions with the view from a commander in the blackstone legion. Granting armor in multiplayer which would look a bit like Apollyons or like Holdens(I Think that was his name..).
Also, rather than unlocking cosmetics with only buying... I would love it your were to buy access to achievements which would then give you cosmetics upon completion.

waraidako
06-19-2016, 10:52 PM
New faction or new weapon types would be the ultimate one. But that would also be a ton of work. I'm leaning more towards maybe new classes, definitely new maps and customization options.

StandardAce
06-19-2016, 10:56 PM
Wouldn't mind some singleplayer stuff, some cosmetic loot and maps perhaps.Don't know how to feel about new paid DLC weapons as it might allow and encourage pay to win. ;)

Joe_Corleone
06-20-2016, 12:38 AM
I don't think new weapons for each class would be out of the question. Honestly I'm kind of expecting it. I've also been thinking maybe they will do something like rainbow six siege. Maybe not a new faction but new classes in the existing factions.

Killerbrian26
06-20-2016, 02:34 AM
Perhaps they will have a system similar to Rainbow Six Siege where they will make all heroes cost an in game currency or a real money currency and whenever they add new heroes to the game, people with the season pass get them for free. I can also see them adding free maps to the game while they release new DLC.

Arashitora
06-20-2016, 08:07 AM
If I understand it correctly, in single player mode you play only as the Kensei, the Warden, and the Raider. DLC containing story missions (or even campaigns!) with the other classes would be a good DLC addition.

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 05:36 AM
If I understand it correctly, in single player mode you play only as the Kensei, the Warden, and the Raider. DLC containing story missions (or even campaigns!) with the other classes would be a good DLC addition.

That's unclear.

In the masterclass, they said you'd play the three factions throughout the campaign. I took that to mean that you'd play as every Hero/class of every faction for a couple levels to get a feel for each and so you can form an impression of your strengths, weaknesses, and preferences once you jump into multiplayer.

BoldAlphawolf
06-21-2016, 01:38 PM

Id get it for the cosmetic weapons and armor, new heros too but not of a new faction i think the game will be fullfilled with the three warrior legacy's, im so surpised how people are already asking for new content when we dont even have the whole game yet! haha but that just means we are passionate and excited for it guy's

Arashitora
06-22-2016, 10:34 PM
That's unclear.

In the masterclass, they said you'd play the three factions throughout the campaign. I took that to mean that you'd play as every Hero/class of every faction for a couple levels to get a feel for each and so you can form an impression of your strengths, weaknesses, and preferences once you jump into multiplayer.

I hope you're right, but....

Gaelec said, "You start with the Knights as the Warden, then go into Vikings campaign as the Raider, and then lastly in the Samurai part of the campaign."

hallower1980
06-22-2016, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't buy it for cosmetics alone. But I doubt that's their plan.

While it's possible they would offer new weapon and shield options, that would be expensive to produce — more so with every new option they offer. That's because of their intensive motion-capture animation system. For every new weapon to feel different, they would have to choreograph it against each other particular weapon. I don't know how many options are already available, but with multiple options per faction that's a lot of particular match-ups they had to record. So weapon DLC would have diminishing returns unless it helps to sell more copies of the game.

I'd guess that the most likely DLC plan will focus on maps and modes. There will always be more they could offer in that regard. For example, they could offer maps that greatly increase environmental hazards, putting the emphasis on positioning and awareness. Or they could add a war mode which links multiple battles in a tug-of-war, ala the Galactic Conquest mode in the original Star Wars: Battlefront. Or they could add a mode that makes surviving and assisting NPC footsoldiers the focus.

When they reveal more about the various modes and Battle Packs, we might be better able to anticipate what the DLC will look like. I can understanding asking about it now because I don't like to buy Gold editions until I know what the Season Pass will include. They don't need to announce the details yet... only before the game releases and the Gold edition (discounted Season Pass) is no longer offered.

Newtons_3rd_Law
06-23-2016, 01:51 AM
Maybe there will be a Zulu Warrior tribe, or Muslim hordes heading to Europe to murder, rape and pillage?

So, whats new?

Maybe a White male will be the lead marketing figure for the Zulu tribe, just like Battlefield 1 (the European World War 1 game) lead marketing character is African/black (just like in Mafia 3, [the European Italian Gangster game is also black]).

Actually I prefer the idea of a Mongol warriors.

Its what I would buy.

I will not buy this title if it has `Origin games` `Mass Effect` gay scenes or `Dragon Age: Inquisition` gay scenes either. So I hope it is not in the DLC.

Anyway, I will not pre-order, as I dont like nasty surprises. And it appears to be the way anti-heterosexual creepage is spreading like a cancer through Western civilisation.

Funny old world; we have a choice.

If games companies insist on making pro-homosexuality mandatory, then ban me forever, please.

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 08:22 AM
I hope you're right, but....

Gaelec said, "You start with the Knights as the Warden, then go into Vikings campaign as the Raider, and then lastly in the Samurai part of the campaign."

Hmmmm

Yeah, I can see how you've interpreted that the way you have...

But then Pope says "it also gives you some playtime with a bunch of different characters, really get hands on and see how the different ones feel" which gives me the impression that I have.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

I will not buy this title if it has `Origin games` `Mass Effect` gay scenes or `Dragon Age: Inquisition` gay scenes either. So I hope it is not in the DLC.

Anyway, I will not pre-order, as I dont like nasty surprises. And it appears to be the way anti-heterosexual creepage is spreading like a cancer through Western civilisation.

If games companies insist on making pro-homosexuality mandatory, then ban me forever, please.

http://65.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxnbqpYDTU1qis1zio1_500.gif

Eidard
06-23-2016, 09:23 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/no-answer.gif

TrikRisk
06-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Let me just say, Season Passes are horrible. I don't like them one bit. People who strugle economically won't be able to buy such stuff and it has great stuff in it so they will just watch from afar what they could have gotten. If it were only cosmetics for weapons/armor it would be ok but maps are a big deal in Season Pass and if this game wants do do Esports it cant have maps for just certain people(people who bought them).

A lot or enough people will struggle already just to buy the game alone, no need to do something with that much significant content. Also kids, they just ask their moms to buy the game and then they won't be getting a season pass. Well, at least where I'm from. Where I'm from, having a PS4 is being really lucky.

This said, if yuo make a Season Pass, Dev Team, make so it wouldn't be worth for people struggling.

P.S.: I don't know that much about what Season Passes do but I now they are a bunch of DLCs with discount, and I'm speaking from heart here and not from a business stand point of view.

MathiasCB
06-23-2016, 01:29 PM

https://img.pandawhale.com/post-58285-Eddie-Murphy-Bowfinger-cringe-HUgp.gif

Sir_Beefing
06-23-2016, 01:56 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/confused-reaction-gif.gif?gs=a

AvarusTyrannus
06-23-2016, 06:25 PM
Replying to a bait post...shameful

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f529456f3adb55e3d6d087463137b80d/tumblr_mr8gtj6x6d1r045o1o1_400.gif

MisterWillow
06-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Aww, come on!

I, for one, loved all the confused gifs.

http://i.imgur.com/lsa8Hxn.gif

MathiasCB
06-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Indeed... Quite amusing!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3e3b95c7efea4c1b05e26e0fb06d2a96/tumblr_n4dillbLBf1qfsjezo3_250.gif

waraidako
06-23-2016, 11:09 PM
Now I kinda hope there are gay scenes in the DLC... :|

coma987
06-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Now I kinda hope there are gay scenes in the DLC... :|

Daubeny x Holden Cross

http://i.imgur.com/tNY1ZS6.gif

MathiasCB
06-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Daubeny x Holden Cross

I smell some rule34.
Jokes aside, I'd really like to see Daubeny and Holden become allies fighting side by side. Would amuse me.

Number_06
06-26-2016, 08:13 PM
For Honor Season Pass Includes 1 Year Of “Expansions” & “Exclusive Content”

Read more: http://wccftech.com/honor-gets-season-pass-includes-expansions-exclusive-content-1-year/#ixzz4CiMEJ3qQ

So as long as they don't know what they will offer for for honor as exlcusive contents for the next year, you will not be able to know it too.
NP mates

waraidako
06-26-2016, 09:35 PM
I just hope they're smart enough not to split their community. If there are new maps in the DLC, they should be free for everyone. If you have to pay for them, it will divide the community between those who only have the base game and those who have the DLC, and that is always a terrible idea. In multiplayer games, players are content, and you want as many of them as possible to keep the game alive. Always ensure everyone can play together no matter if they've bought all of the DLC, or just the base game.