PDA

View Full Version : After spending time at E3 with the For Honor Devs as a star player.

handheld brando
06-17-2016, 05:26 PM
I can honestly say without a doubt that all of you are going to love this!

If you are excited for it now just wait until you truly get your hands on it and get some real hands on. Getting to meet the other star players such as Mr.Willow and hanging with SpaceElephant and meeting Jason Van Den Berg and getting to talk with all of them and how passionate they are made me truly realize just how excited I am for this game. Not too mention how wildly cool the other star players were.

Ruikio
Mr.Willow
Kaze
All the bros who won the reporter contest (Beard bros were legit)

and all the Ubi Devs and For Honor bros we got to meet.

It was great spending time with them and singing and dancing (although that may have just been me) and talking about the game. The gameplay in the story felt smooth and the Voice acting (So far) was spot on. While i can't go into to much detail i can tell you that all of you here are going to be getting one amazing game next valentines day.

FredEx919
06-17-2016, 06:27 PM
That's awesome Handheldbrando! I wish I could have been there to meet everyone, but i'm glad you all had a good time!

Fatal-Feit
06-17-2016, 06:49 PM
There's just something incredible about the developers and fans sharing the same passion for a game and getting the right communication and interaction together that elevates a game for me. When the developers are excited to allow fans to have hands on with their game every new reveal, you know they've nailed it. Congrats to all the Star Players and Reporter Contest winners for having an awesome E3. Can't wait to see you on the battlefield. :cool:

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Hulk-Hogan-Thumbs-Up.gif

AvarusTyrannus
06-17-2016, 11:31 PM
That's awesome Handheldbrando! I wish I could have been there to meet everyone, but i'm glad you all had a good time!

Ubi-Guide Vince was singing your praises, shame we didn't get a chance to meet the man behind the legend.

Sir_Beefing
06-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Well said Fatal-Feit. The developers and community have got me so hyped for this game its unreal. Cant wait to get some good fights in!

Willaguy2010
06-17-2016, 11:43 PM
As community members we stand together, despite our platform choices, to help better this community and this game as a whole. Through constructive criticism and feedback we shall see this mission accomplished together! Vikings! Knights! Samurai! Now let us stand! Let us fight! For Honor!

Sir_Beefing
06-18-2016, 12:57 AM
For Honor!!!:D

MathiasCB
06-18-2016, 01:15 AM
Let us raise a glas of the finest ale. For honor!

handheld brando
06-18-2016, 02:25 AM
Ubi-Guide Vince was singing your praises, shame we didn't get a chance to meet the man behind the legend.

Oh man see now you got me curious as to what he said man if. If he has a twitter you gotta show me. But yes all of the people i met the For Honor Devs/ Community bros/ComDevs/Star players/Steep Devs/Just dance bros etc. All of them were some of the most upbeat and fun people i have ever met in my life and they showed me a wild good time. I can tell you right now all of the Ubi guys and Gals know how to party!

I guess i could say if there is anything they will remember me for is that i was the jolly bro singing and dancing wherever we went (So much so that apparently some of the other star players thought i was with the Just Dance crew). As for meeting the man the myth the legend that is Handheldhimself I will be building up a stream based on For honor content come closer release time but atm i am looking for help to get everything properly setup and edited so i can have it look all nice and pretty. So definitely stay tuned good friend and i will have more news at a later time.

Also FredEx919 buddy wish i coulda met you as well it was such a wild 4 days that i was definitely sad to go and will greatly miss everyone and hopefully we can meet sometime.

MisterWillow
06-18-2016, 04:11 AM
It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Sorry I'm so quiet in person... I'm hoping that last day (and last party) made up for it a little. :p

Thanks again to all the people involved in arranging everything and making us feel welcome (especially Vincent). Hope we get to do it again sometime, would love to see everyone again..

handheld brando
06-18-2016, 04:31 AM
It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Sorry I'm so quiet in person... I'm hoping that last day (and last party) made up for it a little. :p

Thanks again to all the people involved in arranging everything and making us feel welcome (especially Vincent). Hope we get to do it again sometime, would love to see everyone again..

Hey no worries buddy not all people are as crazy and shameless as i am. I am glad you had fun though and i did my best to try and bring you in on all the good conversations. Vince was one of the coolest guys man and i loved chilling and talking with him. I would absolutely love to hang with all of you guys again and if you are ever in Sacramento give me a call and ill buy you all a drink!

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-18-2016, 04:39 AM
What makes someone a star player?

handheld brando
06-18-2016, 04:58 AM

Our fabulous hair and rugged good looks i suppose.

Jk for me i believe i was chosen as a Star player because of my constructive and postive feedback and critiques during the Alpha Phase. When they told us they wanted our feedback and would take everything into consideration they meant it! Hell i actually talked to one of the dev guys about my suggestions at E3 and he remembered them though he couldn't tell me if my feedback went into the game he said everything and anything that was said in these forums and in the reddit and Alpha forums was taken into serious consideration.

Don't ever let anybody tell you that your feedback is worthless or the devs dont listen because after talking with the Devs and them explaining to me just how deeply they considered all the feedback and how even suggestions like mine were taken into heavy consideration proved to me that these guys truly do care about their fans. With all the love and care these guys are putting into this game and after seeing it all in person and the enthusiasm they had and how much joy and excitement they had when they got to talk about their games made me truly excited. So all in all make sure you give some constructive feedback even if its negative feedback as long as you keep it cool and constructive they will listen to it and they will take it into consideration and who knows. Maybe next year you will get to be their star player.

P.S UBI BROS I am down for next year as well ;)

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-18-2016, 06:03 AM
Oh, I have no chance of being a star player, I live in New Zealand. Pretty much all of my feedback is negative, cause it's changes I'd like to see xD

handheld brando
06-18-2016, 06:24 AM
Oh, I have no chance of being a star player, I live in New Zealand. Pretty much all of my feedback is negative, cause it's changes I'd like to see xD

They pulled people from all over the world from California (Hey me!) to Australia so never say never buddy. Even if the feedback is negative friend as long as you do it in a constructive manner using logic and reasoning then perhaps you may get your chance friend.

AvarusTyrannus
06-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Oh man see now you got me curious as to what he said man if. If he has a twitter you gotta show me. But yes all of the people i met the For Honor Devs/ Community bros/ComDevs/Star players/Steep Devs/Just dance bros etc. All of them were some of the most upbeat and fun people i have ever met in my life and they showed me a wild good time. I can tell you right now all of the Ubi guys and Gals know how to party!

I guess i could say if there is anything they will remember me for is that i was the jolly bro singing and dancing wherever we went (So much so that apparently some of the other star players thought i was with the Just Dance crew). As for meeting the man the myth the legend that is Handheldhimself I will be building up a stream based on For honor content come closer release time but atm i am looking for help to get everything properly setup and edited so i can have it look all nice and pretty. So definitely stay tuned good friend and i will have more news at a later time.

Also FredEx919 buddy wish i coulda met you as well it was such a wild 4 days that i was definitely sad to go and will greatly miss everyone and hopefully we can meet sometime.

I was referring to Fred, but you were alright too I guess. /s

Good luck with the stream, and I'm sure we'll all see each other on the battlefield shortly.

MisterWillow
06-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Hey no worries buddy not all people are as crazy and shameless as i am. I am glad you had fun though and i did my best to try and bring you in on all the good conversations. Vince was one of the coolest guys man and i loved chilling and talking with him.

Thanks again. So thankful that everyone there was so accommodating and friendly, especially all the Ubi-Guides.

Special shout-outs to Vince, Craig, Matt, Alex, Dan, Damien and Angéle. All incredibly chill. Would love to see you all again.

I would absolutely love to hang with all of you guys again and if you are ever in Sacramento give me a call and ill buy you all a drink!

I'll hold you to that! ;) :p

I got picked because I was here on the forums since the week the game was announced interacting with everyone, and, as Ruikio put it while we were there, I 'kept the community alive' (an exaggeration I think, but a flattering one to be sure).

Our fabulous hair and rugged good looks i suppose.

You know, thinking back, everyone did have pretty fabulous hair... :D

Jk for me i believe i was chosen as a Star player because of my constructive and postive feedback and critiques during the Alpha Phase. When they told us they wanted our feedback and would take everything into consideration they meant it! Hell i actually talked to one of the dev guys about my suggestions at E3 and he remembered them though he couldn't tell me if my feedback went into the game he said everything and anything that was said in these forums and in the reddit and Alpha forums was taken into serious consideration. Don't ever let anybody tell you that your feedback is worthless or the devs dont listen because after talking with the Devs and them explaining to me just how deeply they considered all the feedback and how even suggestions like mine were taken into heavy consideration proved to me that these guys truly do care about their fans. With all the love and care these guys are putting into this game and after seeing it all in person and the enthusiasm they had and how much joy and excitement they had when they got to talk about their games made me truly excited.

Yeah, I was thanking Craig that last night (screaming over the music), cause when I first saw my email, I thought it was a joke or something (Emile and Pope said that a lot of people think that), as I never thought I would have been invited to something like that just for commenting on a forum, and he was saying that everything on the forums were taken very seriously, and said something to the effect that we were their lifeblood.

And like you said, after meeting them and seeing everything they were doing, I completely believe them. If it was a facade, they should all be actors. :p

P.S UBI BROS I am down for next year as well ;)

Hell yeah! :D

handheld brando
06-18-2016, 08:49 AM
I was referring to Fred, but you were alright too I guess. /s

Good luck with the stream, and I'm sure we'll all see each other on the battlefield shortly.

I am just gonna pretend you were talking about me all along.

Yeah

Lets do that.

Sir_Beefing
06-18-2016, 11:44 AM
Don't ever let anybody tell you that your feedback is worthless or the devs dont listen because after talking with the Devs and them explaining to me just how deeply they considered all the feedback and how even suggestions like mine were taken into heavy consideration proved to me that these guys truly do care about their fans.

I got to say the it feels good having community members say stuff like this. Its one thing having the devs say that they listen to what we have to say but lets face it, there are a lot of devs on a lot of games that say that. Its things like the star player system that really help build trust between the community and developers. Big thanks to all for making me just that much more hyped for the game :p

handheld brando
06-18-2016, 08:04 PM
I got to say the it feels good having community members say stuff like this. Its one thing having the devs say that they listen to what we have to say but lets face it, there are a lot of devs on a lot of games that say that. Its things like the star player system that really help build trust between the community and developers. Big thanks to all for making me just that much more hyped for the game :p

It definitely did they earned a fan for life after showing me just how cool and how dedicated they are.

Some people may read this and think I am just kissing some *** but as MisterWillow can attest man they showed us all the love and every bit of respect and honestly they were probably way more excited to hang out with us and talk with us about the games than they were anything else. I have met some devs before but nothing like this man and nothing on the level of enthusiasm that all these guys had. Hell i was shocked when they actually remembered my suggestion during the first alpha! These guys are truly some wild bros and they are all people definitely worthy of my respect and as i said before everyone on the Ubisoft team whether it be For Honor or even Just Dance have earned a fan for life.

(P.S MisterWillow, I actually went out and bought just dance 2016! I will look totally different next time we meet!)

Altair_Snake
06-18-2016, 09:23 PM
*Deadly Envy Gaze* :P

waraidako
06-18-2016, 09:31 PM
the Voice acting (So far) was spot on.

I feel I have to point out that whoever did the Japanese for Saburo is just reading off of a script and doesn't actually speak Japanese. It wasn't even close. The moment he started speaking it was like a giant hand with the words "It's just a game" written on it reached out and slapped me across the face. Imagine if the warden turned around, stretched out their hand towards some soldiers, and Borat's voice came out. "Wawaweewa, we must'uh now close the gate. Very niiice." You would be completely taken out of the experience, and rightfully so. That's what the Japanese feels like to someone who knows what it's supposed to sound like. Or, if you watch anime, just think back to any time they try to speak English. It's like that.

Nothing personal against the voice actor. If you don't know Japanese, you don't know Japanese, nothing to be done about that. But they should have hired someone who did.

handheld brando
06-18-2016, 10:56 PM
I feel I have to point out that whoever did the Japanese for Saburo is just reading off of a script and doesn't actually speak Japanese. It wasn't even close. The moment he started speaking it was like a giant hand with the words "It's just a game" written on it reached out and slapped me across the face. Imagine if the warden turned around, stretched out their hand towards some soldiers, and Borat's voice came out. "Wawaweewa, we must'uh now close the gate. Very niiice." You would be completely taken out of the experience, and rightfully so. That's what the Japanese feels like to someone who knows what it's supposed to sound like. Or, if you watch anime, just think back to any time they try to speak English. It's like that.

Nothing personal against the voice actor. If you don't know Japanese, you don't know Japanese, nothing to be done about that. But they should have hired someone who did.

I get where you are coming from for sure but lets not forget that this is not quite our world exactly. Sure they have knights Vikings and Samurai but they are not OUR knights,Vikings and Samurai. Actually you should definitely recognize Saburos Voice if you watched Hellsing (Not the Japanese voice over). I also recognized the Wardens Voice in the version we saw at the Ubi lounge but im not 100 percent on it but they both definitely sound well done.

Even if that part is the only part that bugged you i can personally attest to the other characters sounding very good specifically the characters in the knight mission.

MisterWillow
06-19-2016, 05:37 AM
It definitely did they earned a fan for life after showing me just how cool and how dedicated they are.

Some people may read this and think I am just kissing some *** but as MisterWillow can attest man they showed us all the love and every bit of respect and honestly they were probably way more excited to hang out with us and talk with us about the games than they were anything else. I have met some devs before but nothing like this man and nothing on the level of enthusiasm that all these guys had. Hell i was shocked when they actually remembered my suggestion during the first alpha! These guys are truly some wild bros and they are all people definitely worthy of my respect and as i said before everyone on the Ubisoft team whether it be For Honor or even Just Dance have earned a fan for life.

I'll back you up on that all day any day.

Even if you were being critical of what they were doing development or design wise, they were all more than willing to talk about whatever. Nobody there was ever flippant or seemed annoyed that anyone wanted to talk (from what I saw anyway).

All class, all day.

(P.S MisterWillow, I actually went out and bought just dance 2016! I will look totally different next time we meet!)

Oh, gods. Now I don't want to see you too soon... just so the transformation is more noticeable. :p

While Handheld's reasoning is pretty good, it's also important to remember they're still in development, and all the dialogue could easily be placeholders.

waraidako
06-19-2016, 11:56 AM
I get where you are coming from for sure but lets not forget that this is not quite our world exactly. Sure they have knights Vikings and Samurai but they are not OUR knights,Vikings and Samurai. Actually you should definitely recognize Saburos Voice if you watched Hellsing (Not the Japanese voice over). I also recognized the Wardens Voice in the version we saw at the Ubi lounge but im not 100 percent on it but they both definitely sound well done.

Even if that part is the only part that bugged you i can personally attest to the other characters sounding very good specifically the characters in the knight mission.

I think the female warden was Jennifer Hale. I like her, she's good.

FredEx919
06-19-2016, 05:34 PM
What makes someone a star player?It's a combination of things, but a great start is activeness in the community and games. We invited people from all over the world, so being located in New Zealand definitely doesn't prevent you from one day becoming a star player.
I guess i could say if there is anything they will remember me for is that i was the jolly bro singing and dancing wherever we went (So much so that apparently some of the other star players thought i was with the Just Dance crew).I was talking to Vince the other day and he kept mentioning one of the For Honor star players dancing (all good stuff of course), but never said who. Now I know lol

handheld brando
06-19-2016, 07:17 PM
It's a combination of things, but a great start is activeness in the community and games. We invited people from all over the world, so being located in New Zealand definitely doesn't prevent you from one day becoming a star player.I was talking to Vince the other day and he kept mentioning one of the For Honor star players dancing (all good stuff of course), but never said who. Now I know lol

He could have been talking about me or Long Tran.

Long Tran was breaking it down on the bus like the world was ending. The man has some moves!

If you ask Vince about the guy who was constantly singing then he will for sure remember me. I remember chilling with Vince man downstairs in the lobby and he was just one of the coolest dudes I have ever met. But for sure if you talk to Vince again tell that man to follow me on twitter so I can give him some proper thanks and love man and share them pictures i got of him.

MisterWillow
06-19-2016, 09:31 PM
He could have been talking about me or Long Tran.

Long Tran was breaking it down on the bus like the world was ending. The man has some moves!

True about LongTran, but it could have been anyone really. Everyone was out there till the place closed. :D

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Miss you all already lol. I miss the game already. Must play alpha day and night

handheld brando
06-20-2016, 12:48 AM
Miss you all already lol. I miss the game already. Must play alpha day and night

Dont worry bro we will all play together for sure i already have all you guys added so we will continue. Hopefully man we can get some Fredexe up in here and maybe get some games with spaceelephant and hell maybe the The_Darklorde

MisterWillow
06-20-2016, 03:55 AM
Dont worry bro we will all play together for sure i already have all you guys added so we will continue. Hopefully man we can get some Fredexe up in here and maybe get some games with spaceelephant and hell maybe the The_Darklorde

Games with Fred, SpaceElephant and Darklorde would be epic. :D

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-20-2016, 08:54 AM
I'll just have to sneak into those games if I get into the alpha/ beta xD

handheld brando
06-20-2016, 09:04 PM
I'll just have to sneak into those games if I get into the alpha/ beta xD

I hope you can man. I have never met a gaming community like this one. I met some of the other Star players at E3 and i can honestly say that i can see myself being friends with these guys for a long time to come and will probably game with them for a long time. Hell man some of the Ubi Bros are still talking to me on twitter and through emails and other communication forms so its definitely inspiring and only upped my enthusiasm up to enormous levels. Meeting Jason and Emile for example was an experience i won't soon forget because their passion for the game far surpassed my own and they were some of the wildest dudes ever (Jason got that style that no one could pull off but him) and ill be damned if i don't stick around to see their baby flourish in the wild.

All those dudes and dudettes working on For Honor and all the Ubi Bro's and Ubi Broettes have earned a fan for life.

P.S If only i got to meet FredExe as well T-T.