PDA

View Full Version : Tone down the difficulty or some other requirements

Feloyig
06-17-2016, 05:23 PM
When you look at the leaderboards for some missions, e.g. R&D, you can see that currently only 45 out of 895 players have an A or higher, so only about 5%. I think the intention was that an A is the equivalent of a gold medal in Fusion and an A+ the equivalent of a platinum medal. I think the developers should look at easing the requirements a bit for at least some tracks so that all decent players can earn their Uplay units and do well in the game. It's currently a bit over the top for at least some missions. Any half-decent player should be able to get an A on every normal track (not necessarily the extremes you can unlock) within a few attempts and/or earn their Uplay units, just like it was in Fusion.

I can think of some solutions, e.g.:
1. Lower the requirements for obtaining the stickers.
2. Lower the requirements for getting the 'King of the Schoolyard' action.
3. Lower the scores required for getting an A.
4. Make what's currently a B an A, an A an A+ and an A+ an A++. And adjust the other grades (e.g. a C) accordingly. Could be an elegant solution for acknowledging the effort, energy and time of players who currently have an A or A+.
5. Somehow make the platforming and aiming easier for gamepad users. (I don't know how, maybe something like aim assist.)

En0-
06-18-2016, 02:48 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

It's always tricky to set the right difficulty. If we would do what you say, we would have people who would complain the game is too easy.
The game is mostly easier than Fusion (people tends to forget how much they grinded for gold/platinum), as it's easier to "finish" them but mastering them has been set higher to push players to improve themselves. Has it been set too high? Maybe. Hard to say as we really wanted it to be some challenges even for top players.

About the aim assist, it already exists and is enabled by default (check game options, you can disable it and see the difference).

Cheers,

I ShinFenix I
06-18-2016, 02:52 PM
I have every A+ of the game and yes it's very difficult but you know a game like supermeat boy is popular because of his difficulty so TBD will be popular for the same reason

xXJ4cK1EBXx
06-18-2016, 06:49 PM
I found 0 difference in aim assist being on or off

Feloyig
06-23-2016, 06:20 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

It's always tricky to set the right difficulty. If we would do what you say, we would have people who would complain the game is too easy.
The game is mostly easier than Fusion (people tends to forget how much they grinded for gold/platinum), as it's easier to "finish" them but mastering them has been set higher to push players to improve themselves. Has it been set too high? Maybe. Hard to say as we really wanted it to be some challenges even for top players.

About the aim assist, it already exists and is enabled by default (check game options, you can disable it and see the difference).

Cheers,

Thank you for the reply from the developers! I think it's possible to tone it down without upsetting the top players. You don't necessarily have to change the grading or scoring system or the way the controls handle, you could also just make it easier to get a sticker for a mission or the Uplay actions that give actual Uplay units.

End_Of_Assembly
06-30-2016, 07:22 PM
I found 0 difference in aim assist being on or off

haha i found the same thing. i was confused when i turned it off and it seemed like nothing happened

End_Of_Assembly
07-07-2016, 10:30 PM
just be glad it's not an achievement to zero fault every level.