PDA

View Full Version : Faction Wars

Sir_Beefing
06-17-2016, 04:28 PM
How would people feel about a faction system? When you first join For Honor online you would be presented with a choice of Vikings, Knights and Samurai. As you play For Honor online you would earn points towards that faction, at the end of the month/ any other period of time, the faction with the most points would win. Obviously there would be some flaws like a faction having more player then another however things like that could be worked around by simply adjusting the point gains accordingly.
What do you think?

Willaguy2010
06-17-2016, 05:44 PM
While at first glance a faction system sounds appealing, I'm not sure about locking the player into a faction or penalizing them for changing factions. Most days I'll play Knights, some days I'll play Vikings, and on holidays I'll play Samurai. I like to switch it up a bit. But it does provide players with more of a sense of identity and commitment to their chosen faction.

Sir_Beefing
06-17-2016, 06:32 PM
I agree that locking people into one faction would get boring, that was not necessarily what i intended. I was suggesting something more along the lines of just a pledge of loyalty whilst retaining the ability to play all factions but that did give me an idea. Its more than likely that there will be a faction vs faction game mode so what about implementing the same idea but just applying it to that one game mode?

Fatal-Feit
06-17-2016, 06:55 PM
I agree that locking people into one faction would get boring, that was not necessarily what i intended. I was suggesting something more along the lines of just a pledge of loyalty whilst retaining the ability to play all factions but that did give me an idea. Its more than likely that there will be a faction vs faction game mode so what about implementing the same idea but just applying it to that one game mode?

Interesting. I really dig the idea of making it a whole game mode of its own, as some form or rank battle with factions. Rank battles, of course, would be its own thing if it exists.

I don't see the harm in this since this game isn't balanced in a way where there's a certain hero that's better than another like in Overwatch for example. All heroes seems to be evenly matched and ultimately skill dependent.

MisterWillow
06-17-2016, 11:47 PM
Sounds like how Planetside does things. I suggested something similar a while ago (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1209153-Play-Across-All-Factions)), so I'm all for it. :)

Sir_Beefing
06-18-2016, 12:33 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of what the have in Mortal Kombat X. Your play across all factions post sums it up pretty well.