PDA

View Full Version : ✴One Thought✴

TheeRedKing
06-16-2016, 10:07 PM
This game looks very interesting and is amazing. Looking at gameplay I think the game could use more gore as in blood. Even though the characters do have finisher animations such as chopping off peoples heads. I'm talking about the overall combat when you are fighting minions. The fact that these warriors are using blades to kill each other. There should be a lot more visible blood loss to the person being sliced, cut, hacked, or even slashed. This would be a nice final touch once the game is in full development.

Sir_Beefing
06-16-2016, 10:14 PM
It would be nice to see alittle more gore but i think there is a fine line before it becomes distracting from the gameplay.

Dead1y-Derri
06-16-2016, 11:39 PM
Hi TheRedKing and welcome to the forums :)

I think we do with seeing some more blood but I also agree with the comment below.

It would be nice to see alittle more gore but i think there is a fine line before it becomes distracting from the gameplay.

It makes sense to have a fine line between blood and gore and something that might become visually distracting :)

Runic
06-17-2016, 01:39 AM
Fingers crossed for a Viking blood eagle execution

TheeRedKing
06-17-2016, 03:52 AM
I see you have a very clear point. I do agree with what your saying that it will become a visual distraction. Thank you for your input cause I never looked at it from that perspective. Considering what you said Sir_Beefing yes there is fine line, but I'm not ask for the whole nine yards just a bit more. By a bit more I mean like if you watch gameplay there really isn't any blood hitting the floor or walls or not even blood leaking from dead bodies that's is what I'm saying not to much not to little. I'm not saying like blood should splatter in to the screen or obscure your vision of the combat I'm saying like more blood should have affect on surrounding objects.

TheeRedKing
06-17-2016, 03:57 AM
Yeah that would be sick Runic. Me myself I can't wait to get a full grasp of the executions :) entirely

Sir_Beefing
06-17-2016, 01:39 PM
You turn the corner to find your team with their lungs hanging out ... would be cool to see that in the game :P

V4nClief
06-17-2016, 02:37 PM
A little more blood and gore and a little less glowing orange on the perk power up would be a nice touch.

TheeRedKing
06-17-2016, 11:17 PM
Exactly that would be so cool. Cause war surrounds several things numbers, combat, blood, and death

waraidako
06-18-2016, 09:05 PM
Yes! Blood spray, and blood on the swords after a fight. Add a button to wipe it off on your sleeve or something. Would be badass. When I stab someone, and pull that sword out, I want like an arc of blood to follow that swing.
The samurai should just do a chiburi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiburi) with his katana so all of the blood flies off into a sweet line on the ground.

The combat in the gameplay video looked very clean.

MisterWillow
06-19-2016, 07:36 AM
I'm going to offer a dissenting opinion on this one. I really don't think the game needs much more blood than it has right now.

I'd rather not have this turn into Ninja Gaiden, or even something like Onimusha. The relative cleanliness I think is a bit more realistic. If you've ever actually been cut, or seen video of it, you'll know that the blood doesn't spurt or spray anything like most media represents it (an argument can be made for something like arterial spray, but that would only apply to a decapitation). You get trickles or even flows, but not mists.

The small bits of blood you get on successful attacks is more than enough to get the point across. Plus, as evidenced by this video (at the end, when the Warden is knighted), your character will retain damage and their armour and clothing will be stained. That's all I really want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJTlv0d3CmQ

MathiasCB
06-19-2016, 09:13 AM
I'm all for what Willow said.

Any more blood and gore would be a distraction for me. I think it's been balanced in a good way. Not too much, not too little.

Runic
06-21-2016, 05:09 AM
But how will Odin know I honor him if I can't create rivers of blood from his enemies (or could there just be something in the options so I can pick what suits me best).

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 08:03 AM
But how will Odin know I honor him if I can't create rivers of blood from his enemies

By the sea of bodies you leave behind?

premiumart
06-21-2016, 04:44 PM
Actually i dont even like the executions i feel like this game should be about the struggle to survive more than the pleasure of killing.

This game is called for Honor and i rather would grant my enemy a swift death than to grind him to pieces. I dont even like the decapitation that much, i think i ll pass on executions as much as possible.

Eidard
06-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Actually i dont even like the executions i feel like this game should be about the struggle to survive more than the pleasure of killing.

This game is called for Honor and i rather would grant my enemy a swift death than to grind him to pieces. I dont even like the decapitation that much, i think i ll pass on executions as much as possible.

I don't like them either, it just take time from my gameplay with a kind of unnecesary cutscene.

And the problem is that in the campaign it gives you health back, if in the multiplayer is the same you will have to use them even if you don't like them.

Sir_Beefing
06-21-2016, 05:28 PM

I would think that a decapitation is considered a swift death, i cant really think of any faster way to die. I would rather die to must of the executions in the game then get stabbed and left to bleed out on the battlefield

premiumart
06-21-2016, 05:32 PM
I would think that a decapitation is considered a swift death, i cant really think of any faster way to die. I would rather die to must of the executions in the game then get stabbed and left to bleed out on the battlefield

What about burial ceremonies though ? I just would want their families to find them in one piece.

Sir_Beefing
06-21-2016, 05:59 PM
haha the blood eagle was a funny idea but i agree that stuff like that should stay out :p

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 07:16 PM

I get your point, but I like the executions. There's a certain finality to them. ;)

Instead of having your opponent fall over, you bury a blade in their head (or lop it off).

TripleJay_X
06-21-2016, 07:26 PM
i want to do the same what the Mountain did to prince oberyn with a nice close-up and a nice replay cam showing it from different angles :cool: