PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a Collector's Edition?

Fatal-Feit
06-15-2016, 11:23 PM
What the title said.

Sir_Beefing
06-15-2016, 11:30 PM
Dont think they have said anything about one but it would be cool to see one.

MathiasCB
06-15-2016, 11:50 PM
I sure hope there will be one.
I'd buy it without hesitation!

Fatal-Feit
06-16-2016, 01:48 AM
If there is, I seriously hope they announce it ASAP so I can plan my pre-orders soon.

V4nClief
06-16-2016, 05:34 PM
As far as I've seen you only have standard, deluxe, and gold edition so far. I'm sure Ubisoft will release a collector's edition like they did with Assassin's Creed especially since a few of the developers check out this forum to see our feedback. If they see a good response from it and they see the potential sales outweigh the cost then I'm sure they will release one for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already discussed the idea a bit and see different avenues of collectible items they could include and getting a cost by cost break down and seeing what their potential mark up would be. Then again I only took 4 years majoring in business and a minor in marketing. :p

BananaBlighter
06-16-2016, 06:42 PM
I hope there will be a collector's edition, though I don't think there will be. I mean, if there was, wouldn't they have shown it with the others? Also, the deluxe edition already comes with a lithograph and the soundtrack, so it's like a semi-collector's edition. What I want is something with a nice big figure or something.

V4nClief
06-16-2016, 07:41 PM
Like I said they might be going through the motions of what a true collector's edition might have included from a cost to sales ratio. It's still early don't forget we have 8 months. give it another month or two then we can start ruling out the possibility. Keep the faith my friend.

Sorrosyss
06-17-2016, 07:43 PM
I was wondering this too. Hope for a nice figure of some kind, or a diorama of the three factions.

StandardAce
06-17-2016, 08:42 PM
I hope so! Really wouldn't mind getting a statue/helmet/etc.. for this game! Although - Ubisofts other titles currently do have preorder-able collectors editions like Watch Dogs 2 (Has 2 different collectors edition), the new South Park game, and Ghost Recon Wildlands so there may not be one for For Honor unfortunately.

Fatal-Feit
06-17-2016, 09:00 PM
I hope so! Really wouldn't mind getting a statue/helmet/etc.. for this game! Although - Ubisofts other titles currently do have preorder-able collectors editions like Watch Dogs 2 (Has 2 different collectors edition), the new South Park game, and Ghost Recon Wildlands so there may not be one for For Honor unfortunately.

Wildlands comes out much later than For Honor as well, so there goes the excuse of saying For Honor doesn't come out this holiday so no point in revealing one yet. :(

I would LOVE to start a collection for this game and I want a Collector's Edition to be the first prop I have since it usually comes with really cool stuff, but there's no use whining about it I guess.

MisterWillow
06-17-2016, 09:12 PM
As far as I've seen you only have standard, deluxe, and gold edition so far. I'm sure Ubisoft will release a collector's edition like they did with Assassin's Creed especially since a few of the developers check out this forum to see our feedback. If they see a good response from it and they see the potential sales outweigh the cost then I'm sure they will release one for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already discussed the idea a bit and see different avenues of collectible items they could include and getting a cost by cost break down and seeing what their potential mark up would be. Then again I only took 4 years majoring in business and a minor in marketing. :p

Well, if that's true, then there should be one, since one of the early threads made was asking for a collectors edition (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1226798-What-s-would-you-like-to-see-in-a-collectors-edition)), which had a lot of positive feedback, and there have been others (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1416639-Will-there-be-a-Collectors-Edition?) and here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1229723-3-differents-collectors-Edition?highlight=collectors+edition)) that have been asking for one.

I feel like the only reason they haven't announced one yet is because they don't know what will be in it.

V4nClief
06-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Correct Mister like I said they are probably weighing the profit to cost ratio on what could be included if they released one. I love how people take certain parts and slam the person for having an idea or a possible opinion. I'm just wishfully thinking they will and looking at it from a business perspective and we do know the devs check out the forums that's not just an opinion, but a fact. If you don't like my opinion that's fine buddy you can either ignore it or go ask the developers themselves instead of posting here.

MisterWillow
06-18-2016, 06:42 AM
I wasn't necessarily talking about the profit to cost ratio (though that's definitely a consideration they'll make).

I was really referencing what items could potentially be included in said collector's edition---statue, helmet, a flag or banner maybe, weapons (probably letter-openers or on keychains). There are so many things that could fit in with a game like this that it could become daunting trying to decide. It has the potential to become even more complicated because of the three-factions-one-of-which-you're-supposed-to-identify-with aspect of the game. Should they have multiple collector's edition that's themed for each faction (which you would need to specify when pre-ordering) or try to incorporate items of all three factions into a single edition (so three flags, three keychains, a statue that has all three factions represented---and then, should they all be males, females, or mixed, and if mixed, who do you make male and female)?

There are so many variables just for the nature of the very specific thematic elements within the game that deciding what to put in a box becomes very difficult.

MathiasCB
06-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Instead of a collectors edition... How about a Viking edition? ;)

Sir_Beefing
06-18-2016, 04:53 PM
You spelt Knights wrong. :cool: