PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Masterclass

Quikkfeet
06-15-2016, 10:27 PM
Anyone have any footage of the Masterclass? They showed part of the Knight campaign and would love to see it. Thanks!

AvarusTyrannus
06-15-2016, 10:29 PM
I think they are still editing it together and I didn't notice anyone unaffiliated recoding it.

Sir_Beefing
06-15-2016, 10:52 PM
It shouldn't take them long to get something online.

Casp3r42
06-15-2016, 11:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJTlv0d3CmQ

this is just the gameplay bit

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-16-2016, 01:28 AM
thanks!

Altair_Snake
06-16-2016, 01:46 AM
Thanks a lot!

I've noticed some new stuff. We can change targets in the middle of a combo. And the Warden can cause knockdowns. I think it's if you hit the enemy, after shoulder bashing him.

I'm not liking the knockdowns, though. They don't llok as good as the other animations. The get up part is a bit choppy. I think the knockbacks were enough and they looked good.

V4nClief
06-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Awesome! I've been waiting to see this thank you my friend

MrJoker.
06-16-2016, 05:58 PM
That look so awesome !

TripleJay_X
06-16-2016, 06:18 PM
10:34 is cool

now this gets interesting :cool:

The AI needs some tuning, they just stay in the same spot, no dodging. counterattacks, dodge-to-side, i miss and AI hits me in the back....AI's counterattacks should be defendable, but not too easy, maybe tied to your stamina so you can dodge AI's counterattack and you only get a partial damage.

MisterWillow
06-17-2016, 08:38 PM
And the Warden can cause knockdowns. I think it's if you hit the enemy, after shoulder bashing him.

I'm not sure. If you notice (starting at 6:20) one guy gets knocked down in the was you suggest---shoulder charge followed by a heavy overhead attack---but immediately after, another guy gets knocked down with just the overhead strike.

This could be just a campaign thing, though. I remember them saying there were a few things in the single player that weren't going to be present in the multi player.

I'm not liking the knockdowns, though. They don't llok as good as the other animations. The get up part is a bit choppy. I think the knockbacks were enough and they looked good.

They could have been newly added. They seem to be experimenting with different things even now (such as the slight stylistic change brought up in another thread), so I wouldn't put that much stock in them looking like they will in the final game.

The AI needs some tuning, they just stay in the same spot, no dodging. counterattacks, dodge-to-side, i miss and AI hits me in the back....AI's counterattacks should be defendable, but not too easy, maybe tied to your stamina so you can dodge AI's counterattack and you only get a partial damage.

They said that this is literally the first mission in the game, so I wouldn't expect the enemies to be overly aggressive at that stage.

It's also for demonstration purposes, so the difficulty could have been wound down. We also don't have any info on how changes in difficulty could affect the AI. So, what they showed could have been them on easy, but if you play on hard you could get swarmed and die much easier.

AvarusTyrannus
06-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Thanks a lot!

I've noticed some new stuff. We can change targets in the middle of a combo. And the Warden can cause knockdowns. I think it's if you hit the enemy, after shoulder bashing him.

Looked cool when the Oni-esqe opponent got up from a knockdown. Little handplant flip thing.

Sir_Beefing
06-17-2016, 11:17 PM
The flip was awesome but a got to question if that's possible in full armour.

Willaguy2010
06-17-2016, 11:45 PM
The flip was awesome but a got to question if that's possible in full armour.

Got to be pretty strong, but that armor weighs in at around 80 to 100 pounds so you might be able to do it.

Sir_Beefing
06-18-2016, 12:29 AM
Got to be pretty strong, but that armor weighs in at around 80 to 100 pounds so you might be able to do it.

If my opponent flipped like that in 100 pond armour i can tell you know that that's a fight that i would walk swiftly away from :p

MisterWillow
06-18-2016, 05:05 AM

Yes, you'd need to be stronger than average, but remember, that's 80-100 pounds more or less evenly distributed over your whole body, with a majority of the weight (whatever's on your torso) being situated very close to your centre of gravity. It's not like you're wearing all or most of the weight on your feet, and would need to power lift all that with your legs.

AvarusTyrannus
06-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Yes, you'd need to be stronger than average, but remember, that's 80-100 pounds more or less evenly distributed over your whole body, with a majority of the weight (whatever's on your torso) being situated very close to your centre of gravity. It's not like you're wearing all or most of the weight on your feet, and would need to power lift all that with your legs.

This is the Oni we are talking about anyways, who is less armored than a Warden, would follow that would allow them to be a bit more agile.

Willaguy2010
06-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Yeah I know, I saw a video about the study of historic armors, one was of a Japanese samurai and it weighed about 90 pounds. It also protect very well but would break apart after repeated blows to the same area. The armor I saw seemed more equivalent to the Kensei than the Oni, so it probably would be lighter.