PDA

View Full Version : As someone who has been following this game since reveal...

Eiddard
06-15-2016, 03:22 PM
I am a bit dissapointed in the Ubisoft decision of only showing campaign this E3.

This game was revealed as a multiplayer, the focus is supposed to be its multiplayer, and even though I think it is nice to see some of the campaign, I think it was a mistake to only show that.

I've been following this game because it was showed as a multiplayer, and because the multiplayer gameplay last year was amazing, the devs have starved us, there has been really little information of gameplay and game features since E3 2015, I used to come to this forum dayli for months until it was dead because of lack of information, and I feel like there isn't that much information even after this year E3 reveal.

Not only that, but the only meaningful thing that happen regarding multiplayer since 2015 E3 until this year E3 was the alpha and since I didn't get in and there was a NDA, it was like nothing happened for me, yes the few people that got lucky getting the alpha might have enjoyed it, but basicly the only thing I got from the alpha was that there was 2-3 maps(don't know how they look or what are those maps based on), a few adjustments to the gameplay from the 2015 E3 gameplay(don't know what are those adjustements), oh yeah, and some thing about traps that some people posted without realising that information was under the NDA which then they elminated the information from their post, which I guess they were talking about something similar to the spike walls from the campaign gameplay.

I hope that ubisoft releases specific information about other classes, I mean we could see some on the campaign gameplay, but it was never from those classes perspectives, not only that but the classes all are two-handed users(the ones that we can see people playing and not just in the background), there is almost nothing that we know about shield classes or dual wield classes.

At least we have some AI gameplay footage of the viking sword+shield, but even then, we don't know how that class work, the block system for that class, the stances, etc, we can just speculate with the little information we have, which it leads to useless speculation to my eyes.

Willaguy2010
06-15-2016, 03:42 PM
I don't ever remember them saying that this game is multiplayer focused. In fact they said that they want to have a full fledged campaign which this appears to be, I think they did a good job showing the campaign to put people's worries to rest that this game was just another multiplayer focus with a single player as the side dish.

PrivateBonsai94
06-15-2016, 03:56 PM
there focus has always been both watch the interviews. I think there taking time to polish it all to perfection, they don't want a division type glitches holding them up. I just think there really trying no to spoil all the cool **** in the game before its even out.

Kerniac69
06-15-2016, 03:58 PM
It was a nice job to show a small part of the campaign, but at least they should have shown us more of multiplayer gameplay. I mean, with the introduction of vikings, I really want to see what it looks like in pvp. This is the kind of game which is fun in solo but much more attractive in multiplayer.

Sorry for my bad english.

V4nClief
06-15-2016, 04:01 PM
I think the team has done a great job and was very impressed with the reveal. I for one have been following this game from the beginning and know this was a game about balance. A game to satisfy both offline and and online multiplayer. Not sure where you got heavy multiplayer focus in on this one. I know we all want as much information on the game as possible I understand that, but be patient we are still about 8 months away and trust me we will hear a lot more information forthcoming.

V4nClief
06-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Ruikio I'll trade you a candy bar for more customization information :) On a serious note I'm going all in on this one and buying the gold edition to have that extra customization.

Sir_Beefing
06-15-2016, 04:15 PM
From my understanding the upcoming beta is likely to be a multiplayer one like the last alpha so we shouldn't have to wait long to find out more about all the multiplayer stuff. I am the same in that i have been following from last E3 and am looking forward the the multiplayer but i think it was nice the see what the solo play will have to offer.

Eiddard
06-15-2016, 04:33 PM
I got the feeling of being a multiplayer focused game from all the interviews in the past E3, obviosly they were discussing multiplayer because it was the only thing they showed, but I remember them saying that the core of the game was the idea of players fighting each other or something like that, even though they did say that there would be a full campaign.

At least that is what I remember from the interviews, but there has been a year since, but for me always was about the multiplayer, again, as I said in op, it was nice to see some campaign, but I would rather prefer to see more multiplayer and have more information about that.

V4nClief
06-15-2016, 04:40 PM
I for one am exciting i can have a full immersed and expansive campaign to just kick back and chill on, but also very excited to have an amazing multiplayer like the devs of the game are promising. Honestly, if all goes well this game is shaping up to be a classic and the developers took their time to make everything as great and to potential as they could.

MathiasCB
06-15-2016, 04:43 PM
I think it was great that they showed us the Campaign. We got to see multiplayer last year.
Now we got to see more of the game. If I would want to see multiplayer, I'd rather just rewatch the old masterclass and E3 videos from last year
Even tho it would be awesome seeing some multiplayer viking... This way we got to see more of things we haven't seen yet.

FredEx919
06-15-2016, 06:10 PM
We're definitely putting a lot of work into both singleplayer and multiplayer. Ultimately, we just want you all to have the freedom to play however you would like. So even though we focused on story campaign this year, we'll have plenty more multiplayer details to share later on.

Altair_Snake
06-15-2016, 07:07 PM
If anything, I worried about the Raider's Forward Guard Break. He can drag people through a long distance to get a wall bash or ring out. If he can also do that in MP, then I wonder what will be the downside to balance that. Maybe I'm underestimating how slow he is.

V4nClief
06-15-2016, 09:31 PM
Would love to see more of the customization side of things for sure and maybe a sneak peak at the knights campaign.

AvarusTyrannus
06-16-2016, 01:10 AM
That shoulder rush throw is initiated by a grab, so just as in the multiplayer the opponent can counter your grab attempt by pressing the grab button fast enough. Can't speak to how easy that may or may not be, but the bots are certainly capable of it. Point being it isn't an instant win maneuver, it isn't garunteed to work. Additionally one would hope a human player would be more aware of their surroundings than a bot...maybe don't position yourself between a raider opponent and spikes/ledge/whatever.

As for showing campaign this year, I think it is to show that it isn't going to be a Titanfall situation. Let everyone know loud and clear that there is a fully fleshed out campaign it isn't exclusively multiplayer or have a tacked on afterthought story.

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-16-2016, 01:48 AM
If we get a beta for the multiplayer within 3 months I'm perfectly happy with what has been shown. Overwatch started their beta about 6 months before launch and continued it all the way through. This is a great game, don't be afraid to show us the multiplayer :)

MisterWillow
06-19-2016, 06:17 PM
that shoulder rush throw is initiated by a grab, so just as in the multiplayer the opponent can counter your grab attempt by pressing the grab button fast enough. Can't speak to how easy that may or may not be, but the bots are certainly capable of it. Point being it isn't an instant win maneuver, it isn't garunteed to work. Additionally one would hope a human player would be more aware of their surroundings than a bot...maybe don't position yourself between a raider opponent and spikes/ledge/whatever.

As for showing campaign this year, i think it is to show that it isn't going to be a titanfall situation. Let everyone know loud and clear that there is a fully fleshed out campaign it isn't exclusively multiplayer or have a tacked on afterthought story.

^^All Of This!^^

handheld brando
06-19-2016, 07:22 PM
The focus was never claimed to be on multiplayer its just that they started with the multiplayer.

They have said from the start that there would be a single player its just people forgot all about it. Multiplayer is what alot of people are excited about and hell i am too but having a backstory to my characters and my world makes the game so much easier to invest myself in.

DerHerbman
06-19-2016, 07:30 PM
If anything, I worried about the Raider's Forward Guard Break. He can drag people through a long distance to get a wall bash or ring out. If he can also do that in MP, then I wonder what will be the downside to balance that. Maybe I'm underestimating how slow he is.

He will run into the Spikes, Wall or over a Cliff if you just sidestep? ;)

I like the way they reveal the Game. We donīt see a single in game pic from many other Games that far away from release, so be glad we got a whole multiplayer match plus 2 Story campaigns!

AvarusTyrannus
06-20-2016, 02:24 AM
He will run into the Spikes, Wall or over a Cliff if you just sidestep? ;)

I like the way they reveal the Game. We donīt see a single in game pic from many other Games that far away from release, so be glad we got a whole multiplayer match plus 2 Story campaigns!

I don't think so. I believe the rush/tackle had to be initiated on an opponent. As far as I know you can't start it way back and run into a target, or into whatever else if they dodge. Either you do it on them and it works or they block/dodge it and it never starts.

HideoshiKaze.TV
06-20-2016, 02:28 AM
Raider can only grab and rush a target that he's facing. Unlike other characters, he can't grab an enemy and then do a 180 turn grab rush. While Wardens and other classes can grab you and then throw you behind them. This is from what I tested anyways.

MisterWillow
06-20-2016, 03:36 AM
Raider can only grab and rush a target that he's facing. Unlike other characters, he can't grab an enemy and then do a 180 turn grab rush. While Wardens and other classes can grab you and then throw you behind them. This is from what I tested anyways.

Not sure if I'm misreading this, but the Raider can grab and throw you behind him like the Warden.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EjD5G9S7TbdPW/giphy.gif

AvarusTyrannus
06-20-2016, 06:45 PM
I suppose it just doesn't carry them as far as the shoulder rush tackle, but seems plenty far enough to hit a wall of spikes, IIRC the Warden's throws did not push people that far. Maybe the throws are boosted for singleplayer, or the Raider is just especially suited for it.

MathiasCB
06-20-2016, 06:58 PM
I suppose it just doesn't carry them as far as the shoulder rush tackle, but seems plenty far enough to hit a wall of spikes, IIRC the Warden's throws did not push people that far. Maybe the throws are boosted for singleplayer, or the Raider is just especially suited for it.

Vikings... Bigger, stronger and better.. :cool:

Sir_Beefing
06-20-2016, 10:06 PM
Vikings... Bigger, stronger and better.. :cool:

In your opinion ;)

FLYINGvDUTCHMAN
06-30-2016, 02:46 AM
In your opinion ;)

In mine too !
WARRRGGHHH VIKINGS!!!!