PDA

View Full Version : For Honor masterclass just ended...

Joe_Corleone
06-15-2016, 12:45 AM
Was pretty informative if you didn't see it or just didn't know. Here's some of the highlights.

The campaign mode starts with the Knights, then goes to the Vikings, and finishes with the Samurai. So it's one long campaign but you play as each faction in a section in an overarching story that explains the lore. The story also leads into why you are playing multiplayer.

They showed the first mission of the game. As I said you start as the Knights, but as to not spoil anything, I won't go into detail what the mission consisted of.

They were asked if there is customization in the game and they played very coy. They said it's not something they are talking about right now because they want things to introduce in the future...(so yes)

They were asked if they are dragons in the game, they said no. While the game is its own fictional story featuring historical warriors, it's not a high fantasy game. So it's all humans and no dragons or mythical creatures.

In addition to the above one game director said there are dragons in emblems that can be on armor.

They said they are going to be testing this game a lot leading up to the release of the game on Feb 14, 2017, so make sure you register at ForHonor.com to have a chance to play an alpha or beta test at various times.

Overall good stuff, wish they went into more detail about customization, but the campaign mode really seems to be a fully realized single player and not something added on because gamers wanted it. There is a very good story and great lore to be had.

*Edit*

I forgot one more thing. They were asked if you can change the sex of your character and they said yes, which we knew, but you can also change skin color of your character. They ended the question by saying there is a word for a "female warrior" and its "warrior". I always play as male characters because well... I'm a guy, but I loved the way they answered that question. They not only revealed that you can also change skin tone of your character, which I didn't know, but acknowledged that females are just as strong as men, which I do know cause I'm married.

FredEx919
06-15-2016, 01:00 AM
Great rundown. I'll work on getting a VoD up for anyone that may have missed the Masterclass.

WYRDB0Y
06-15-2016, 01:13 AM
Great rundown. I'll work on getting a VoD up for anyone that may have missed the Masterclass.

Would be appreciated, the stream quality was really bad for me, I couldn't see the gameplay clearly which was annoying.

StandardAce
06-15-2016, 01:22 AM
Would be appreciated, the stream quality was really bad for me, I couldn't see the gameplay clearly which was annoying.

Yeah - bitrate looked low unfortunately - but pleased with what we saw none of the less :)

AAGoldsmith
06-15-2016, 01:31 AM
I'll be needing that video myself, had daddy duty during the masterclass!

MathiasCB
06-15-2016, 01:52 AM
Had a blast watching the masterclass.
Going to have a blast rewatching it with better quality. :cool:

Altair_Snake
06-15-2016, 03:46 AM
Please do! I'm also eagerly awaiting. :D

Quikkfeet
06-15-2016, 10:00 AM
What's the Masterclass exactly? I missed it! D:

Sylentmana
06-15-2016, 02:12 PM
My hype hath increased 10 fold. This is one of my most anticipated games in a long time.

V4nClief
06-15-2016, 04:19 PM
Yes real life called and i completely missed the video. A repost would be very much appreciated.