PDA

View Full Version : The game is really fun if you give it a chance.

XDoubleXA
06-14-2016, 03:14 PM
For all the people crying over nothing, it's a side game people! It's not a sequel. Something to keep you busy. I for 1, think it was done excellent. Its fun, challenging, and has a good story. Not to mention, its humor is great. I don't think its purpose was to take over fusion like most of you thought. IMO, it's better than more DLC for fusion. Its 14gb of a game for 15 bucks people. A filler for the new one to be developed. I'm thankful for that.

LIONDEN1
06-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Agreed Double, its fun for what it is and quite large in size for the price. Its a nice hold over till the actual new trails comes out, people should quit Butt hurting about it, just go back to fusion if they dont like it. I'm glad we got something new for now. Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, lol.

souzr
06-14-2016, 04:35 PM
So your justification for a ****ty game is the fact that it costs 15 bucks? The 2 best Trials games made both cost 15 bucks and they were real games that offered hundreds of hours of gameplay, not ''side games''. They were ''quite large in size for the price'' while this is far from it.

When playing a Trials game, I want multiplayer, I want an editor, not a story. If the developers need more time, fine. But why release something which, if you're not an idiot only comes across as a cash grab?

I never really spoke my mind when everyone on the forums was complaining about Fusion..I wasn't angry back then, just dissapointed.. but whatever might aswell do it now. Ever since Ubisoft got involved, Trials has only gone downhill: Gold edition, forum switch, Fusion, Fusion DLC (1/4 of the content for the same prize + unicorn) and now finally this. If this is a ''side game'', I really do hope that the big one that's coming is actually good, but I don't really have much faith anymore because of what Redlynx has been doing for the past 2 years. It says something when the most fun I've had playing Trials for the past 2 years is playing a pay-to-win mobile game.

B8ZZ
06-15-2016, 02:16 AM
For a game that is €15, the amount of content in this trash is laughable.

XDoubleXA
06-15-2016, 01:54 PM
My justification is it"s a pretty good game for 15 bucks that also has replay value. The only thing You're doing is whining and crying about a side project.

LIONDEN1
06-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Its a good game, people just want something to cry about. if they could read, they would know a new trials is in the works. Its hard to ***** about a $15 game thats better than a lot of $60 games. This even has some replay value. I'm sure these babies will own the game soon anyway, i think most ran out of their cheetos or just didnt change their diapers.

Rudemod 69
06-15-2016, 02:56 PM
For those of you that are enjoying the game, good for you.

Just accept the fact that not everyone is interested in said game.

BlueBadger400
06-15-2016, 03:43 PM

No, it's completely the other way around.

If you don't like the game then that's fine, you don't have to like it, no one is forcing you to like it, but you need to accept the fact that some people do and move on and not fill every thread with hateful and downright rude comments.

You're implying that posting negative comments = not interested and that'is a pretty big oxymoron. Not interested means that you don't care and have moved on, being negative and disrespectful is not the same as not being interested.

LIONDEN1
06-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Those not interested in it should shut up then, move on and play something else. Hating on it wont make it go away, its here and its fun. So shut up and stop trolling twitch, nobody cares how much you or anyone else hate it.

Jeruhnq
06-15-2016, 04:43 PM
Just want to reply to eno (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1461110-TOTBD-My-Reaction/page4) here cause the other thread is close (always cool to see a thread looked when you click on reply).

@En0- I just don't like to buy digital games so i prefere to wait for sales.
I thought you would reveal a new Trials after the summer (which is weird cause you just release TOTBD). Good to know you want to talk with the community for the new Trials game, also just in case you still have a good thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1031167-What-would-YOU-like-to-see-in-the-next-Trials-!-Suggestions-Feedback-Compilation) with nice suggestions and ideas (mines are in page #4).

XDoubleXA
06-15-2016, 05:07 PM

The reason why I posted this, is because of all the negative/rude remarks from people that's played 10 minutes of the game, and trying to give a full review. Nobody's saying you have to like it, but give other people a chance to try it out, instead of trying to make up their minds for them. Filling forums with the same lame should of been could of been this or that.

Rudemod 69
06-15-2016, 06:49 PM

If you don't like the game then that's fine, you don't have to like it, no one is forcing you to like it, but you need to accept the fact that some people do and move on and not fill every thread with hateful and downright rude comments.

You're implying that posting negative comments = not interested and that'is a pretty big oxymoron. Not interested means that you don't care and have moved on, being negative and disrespectful is not the same as not being interested.

Those not interested in it should shut up then, move on and play something else. Hating on it wont make it go away, its here and its fun. So shut up and stop trolling twitch, nobody cares how much you or anyone else hate it.

The reason why I posted this, is because of all the negative/rude remarks from people that's played 10 minutes of the game, and trying to give a full review. Nobody's saying you have to like it, but give other people a chance to try it out, instead of trying to make up their minds for them. Filling forums with the same lame should of been could of been this or that.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111185206/4520947-s3hz.jpg

XDoubleXA
06-15-2016, 07:26 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111185206/4520947-s3hz.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/6195/4urVG7.jpg

Retribution
06-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Not trying to be a negative nancy here, but i have to side with Rudemod here. I know the DLC is just a spinoff from the core of Trials, but people WILL have something to say about it. Redlynx should expect it after years and YEARS of providing the simplicity of trials, and changing it in something else. Nobody is wrong for not liking the DLC nor not being interested in it.

I have not played it myself, maybe its because im a simple guy. I like simple things. I honestly think the DLC should have been a part of the season pass, not a separate purchase. More people would play it and not complain that they paid for something that does not warrant to the very core of trials especially when you announce AND launch it on the same day, as if you knew people would buy it on an impulse instead of second-guessing whether this DLC would have been worth it.

Rudemod 69
06-15-2016, 08:06 PM

I'll try again.

I'm not the one doing the crying here.

Ret, thankyou.

En0-
06-16-2016, 05:53 AM
Just want to reply to eno (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1461110-TOTBD-My-Reaction/page4) here cause the other thread is close (always cool to see a thread looked when you click on reply).

@En0- I just don't like to buy digital games so i prefere to wait for sales.
I thought you would reveal a new Trials after the summer (which is weird cause you just release TOTBD). Good to know you want to talk with the community for the new Trials game, also just in case you still have a good thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1031167-What-would-YOU-like-to-see-in-the-next-Trials-!-Suggestions-Feedback-Compilation) with nice suggestions and ideas (mines are in page #4).

We reopened the thread, I'll answer there.

En0-
06-16-2016, 06:16 AM
Hello,

Are you like 12 years old or something? The only person i see trolling in this thread is you. And whats with the cheeto's obsession? You seriously need to grow up...

Anyway back on topic. I can honestly see why a lot of long time trials fans are disappointed in where the the franchise has been heading this last year or so (me included) so I think the devs should have expected a bad reaction from some people.But honestly the worst thing about this is the way the release has been handled.

While it was a nice surprise to see this announced at the ubi e3 conference, and that it was available right away.It should of been made abundantly clear that this was not a standard trials release and that it lacked a lot of features that would be expected in a trials game. Also the post release handling has been pretty bad as well.While i accept that the mods on this site dont need to be subjected to driveby posts and any form of abuse, the way you guys have handled it has not been great. Giving canned PR responses to people that are genuinely concerned about the future of trials while at the same time actually engaging with anyone who praises the game is not a great way to deal with the negativity around this release.

I respect that you guys wanted to try something different and I hope it's successful enough to warrant the time that was spent on it. I just hope that you will take on board why people are concerned that the next trials game wont contain the elements that made this a great franchise in the first place...

For everyone, whatever is your opinion, let stop personal attacks. It doesn't help anything.

@Zombichow17:
I would like to disagree with you. I think anyone considering the game was able to get the information he wanted before buying.
The trailer and the game description in the different stores clearly explains what is the game about. We gave an early build to FatShady that he can introduce the game to the community as soon as the game gets released. We answered questions we receive. So, I really believe for whoever wanted to find out, it was clear it was not a standard trials release
If you read my previous answers, I answer to people who praises the game but also with people who didn't like the game. I also believe my answers are clearly not PR answers.

As said in a previous post, we are not surprised by the concern or the reaction. This is why we are answering as much as possible the different threads. However, I am clear about one thing: it is not because a game is not in someone's taste or he would have preferred another type of game that it justifies all behaviors or allows to judge without having played the game, or spreading wrong information. It is ok to say "I am not interested by this type of game, I won't buy it, I'll stay on Fusion". It is not ok to say "This is a stupid game, RedLynx cares only about money" (by the way, if we would care only about money, we would have done a "normal" Trials).

I saw some of the most hardcore Trials fans grinding the leaderboards and having fun with some features that are not totally Trials (turboflip, jetpack, minecart...). I saw some people who never played Trials who were enjoying the uniqueness of this game (ton, gameplay). I also some people being bothered by the weakness of the game (the platforming, the initial difficulty) but not dismissing it as a worthless game and focusing on what they were having fun with and understanding that even with some weaknesses the game is great for what it is.

So people who love the game have to respect that some people may not be interested. But people who are not interested by it shouldn't proactively spoil other players' enjoyment, they should respect this and just move on to what they like to do (playing Fusion or Evo). Coming on the streams/forums/social network to just spit on the game doesn't make any sense. It is a great game if you like this type of game and several players explained what they liked in it and I think it's also very important to respect that.

Cheers,

BeardinUSA
06-16-2016, 07:56 AM
@Zombichow17:
I would like to disagree with you. I think anyone considering the game was able to get the information he wanted before buying.
The trailer and the game description in the different stores clearly explains what is the game about. We gave an early build to FatShady that he can introduce the game to the community as soon as the game gets released. We answered questions we receive. So, I really believe for whoever wanted to find out, it was clear it was not a standard trials release

Eno, most people get their information about games via reviews at mainstream gaming websites. It appears no review copies were sent out. Your average gamer isnt going to check places like fatshady's youtube channel, and I think you know that.

If you wanted to make it clear this wasnt a standard trials game, you should have sent out review copies with the embargo being lifted after the reveal. The way this was handled was bad, and appears deceptive.

I give redlynx the benefit of the doubt and assume that wasnt the intention, but I think the release was handled very poorly. And im sure quite a few people bought the game expecting a different product than what they received as a result.

Rudemod 69
06-16-2016, 08:33 AM
EnO, I can respect that you will defend your product. That's perfectly natural and understandable.

Yes, it's been stated that it's not meant for the core Trials demographic. You must realise that some are not going to be too understanding of this, however, due to the Trials connection.

If people are enjoying the game, that's fine. Just the same as it's fine that some will have no wish to purchase or enjoy the game.

I actually got the same impression as ZOMB, regarding the responses. 'Giving canned PR responses to people that are genuinely concerned about the future of trials while at the same time actually engaging with anyone who praises the game is not a great way to deal with the negativity around this release.'

I also believe the way Badger responded to my post was immature, patronising and condescending. I didn't go on a mad rant at the pro views, as it would have been deemed as trolling. These things work both ways.

I myself did describe the product as a piece of **** and could have worded that post better. However, in this thread I just posted a genuine concern of the backlash directed toward the ones who have no interest in the game.

Rudhelm
06-16-2016, 09:03 AM
This really starts to sound like a religious battle... come on guys...? I'm just playin trials for some months now, and one of the first things i saw in this forum was whining about Fusion, like Evo is the so much better game... Know what? Then stick to it. What do you want? It has an already great Editor, so make the game you want yourself.

XDoubleXA
06-16-2016, 12:33 PM
EnO, I can respect that you will defend your product. That's perfectly natural and understandable.

Yes, it's been stated that it's not meant for the core Trials demographic. You must realise that some are not going to be too understanding of this, however, due to the Trials connection.

If people are enjoying the game, that's fine. Just the same as it's fine that some will have no wish to purchase or enjoy the game.

I actually got the same impression as ZOMB, regarding the responses. 'Giving canned PR responses to people that are genuinely concerned about the future of trials while at the same time actually engaging with anyone who praises the game is not a great way to deal with the negativity around this release.'

I also believe the way Badger responded to my post was immature, patronising and condescending. I didn't go on a mad rant at the pro views, as it would have been deemed as trolling. These things work both ways.

I myself did describe the product as a piece of **** and could have worded that post better. However, in this thread I just posted a genuine concern of the backlash directed toward the ones who have no interest in the game.

You're still whining about this? Let it go man.

XDoubleXA
06-16-2016, 12:48 PM
This really starts to sound like a religious battle... come on guys...? I'm just playin trials for some months now, and one of the first things i saw in this forum was whining about Fusion, like Evo is the so much better game... Know what? Then stick to it. What do you want? It has an already great Editor, so make the game you want yourself.

There's always going to be those people who try to find something they don't like, and just HAVE to run to the forums and post. If its a bug, or a on going issue that's different. Lately it seems certain individuals just like to complain.

Besides that, Trials has one of the best communities out there. I've met a lot of good people playing this game. Its one reason I like the games so much.

eflixxx
06-16-2016, 02:00 PM
There's always going to be those people who try to find something they don't like, and just HAVE to run to the forums and post. If its a bug, or a on going issue that's different. Lately it seems certain individuals just like to complain.

And there's always going to be those people who blindly accept anything, and who think we the customers owe game developers anything.

ZOMBIECHOW17
06-16-2016, 02:16 PM
@eNo

I appreciate your point of veiw on this.When i said the communication around this release wasn't very good I should have explained myself better. I was mainly referring to the lack of info about whether this contained an editor or that it was linked to fusion in any way. i.e that none of the objects would be usable in fusion or that it made no use of track central. As these are two of the biggest and best parts of trials i believe the messaging should have been clearer on these particular elements.This is the first time trials since Hd that contains no editor in any form so you can see why people would naturaly expect that to be part of it.

Anyone who played far cry blood dragon will know that this game would be somewhat out there and off the wall so i knew it wouldn't be a normal trials game in essence but like i said above certain things could of been communicated in a better way.

Also my PR comment wasn't aimed at you, but if you look at the answer from the mod in the " is there an editor?" thread even you have to agree that is the epitome of a PR response as it in no way attempts to answer the original question asked.

I can also agree that you, the other mods and members of this forum shouldn't have to engage with people that just post 'lol. what is this crap' or 'redlynx you suck' etc etc..But those of us who have genuine concerns about trials going forward and put their point of view across in a thoughtful and respectful manner shouldn't be ignored and tarred with the same brush as these people.

Also at no time have I, or will I criticise this game or anyone for enjoying it.I'm a supporter of diversifying genres in the gaming industry. We all like different things and I dont begrudge anyone who has fun with this take on trials or any game thats out there. But that goes both ways and anyone who constructively criticises, or brings up valid negative points shouldn't be subject to abuse or ridicule either..

BlueBadger400
06-16-2016, 02:23 PM
And there's always going to be those people who blindly accept anything, and who think we the customers owe game developers anything.

I personally hope that every gamer/person makes their own decision when it comes to purchases of pretty much anything and takes responsibility on what to spend money on.

Rudhelm
06-16-2016, 03:50 PM

This totally sounds like an argument of a conspiracy theories nutter... sorry.

We don't owe them, and they don't owe us. If we don't like the product, we don't buy it... easy as that.

XDoubleXA
06-16-2016, 04:01 PM

So you're saying, because some people like the game, and think the developers did a good job on a "side project", that they just will blindly accept everything. Everything that comes out is so0o00 awesome to these people. Never cry about anything, just all smiles and no self awareness on how naive they are. I'm pretty sure these people don't exist. At least I never met one. Would you like to introduce to someone of these attributes, because it would be a pretty stress free relationship.

En0-
06-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Eno, most people get their information about games via reviews at mainstream gaming websites. It appears no review copies were sent out. Your average gamer isnt going to check places like fatshady's youtube channel, and I think you know that.

If you wanted to make it clear this wasnt a standard trials game, you should have sent out review copies with the embargo being lifted after the reveal. The way this was handled was bad, and appears deceptive.

I give redlynx the benefit of the doubt and assume that wasnt the intention, but I think the release was handled very poorly. And im sure quite a few people bought the game expecting a different product than what they received as a result.

Hello BeardinUSA,

From what I know, it's actually how it has been done. There was an embargo up to the reveal and that's all (so my guess is that if there is an embargo, it's because we sent versions, but I was not in these loops, so I am not sure).

The description text on the store and the trailer were clear also.

Cheers,

En0-
06-16-2016, 09:13 PM

Hey Rudemod,

Thanks for the answer.

I really try to not give PR answers when I interact with the community and I really try to engage with both sides.

I don't think we have any problem with some people having no interest in the game, but that was quite noisy for people without interest. I think that was the only problem from my point of view. Both sides could have communicated better around this topic.

Cheers,

En0-
06-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Hello Zombiechow,

Thanks for the answer.

@eNo

I appreciate your point of veiw on this.When i said the communication around this release wasn't very good I should have explained myself better. I was mainly referring to the lack of info about whether this contained an editor or that it was linked to fusion in any way. i.e that none of the objects would be usable in fusion or that it made no use of track central. As these are two of the biggest and best parts of trials i believe the messaging should have been clearer on these particular elements.This is the first time trials since Hd that contains no editor in any form so you can see why people would naturaly expect that to be part of it.

Anyone who played far cry blood dragon will know that this game would be somewhat out there and off the wall so i knew it wouldn't be a normal trials game in essence but like i said above certain things could of been communicated in a better way.

I think we made clear on the description of the game it was a single player game (almost) and we have posted on the forum only 2 hours after the reveal (in the middle of the night for us). Going on Twitch, the forum Twitter was going to give the answer quite quickly. But I agree with you that it's the first game since HD that we focus on the single player and almost cut totally the community side and that can be surprising.

Also my PR comment wasn't aimed at you, but if you look at the answer from the mod in the " is there an editor?" thread even you have to agree that is the epitome of a PR response as it in no way attempts to answer the original question asked.

For the answer from SkyBear, I think it's important to understand the context. SkyBear is a community manager who helps us with our projects and she's doing a great job. But she's new around the Trials community and this community, and the way we interact with the community, is totally different from any other community. The ton we use when we communicate or the proximity we have with the players is unique inside Ubisoft. You may be the only community with direct access to the dev team and the producer. So, that will require some adaptation from SkyBear but I clearly don't blame her for that. It's not an easy context and she's really caring for the project, the team and the community.

I can also agree that you, the other mods and members of this forum shouldn't have to engage with people that just post 'lol. what is this crap' or 'redlynx you suck' etc etc..But those of us who have genuine concerns about trials going forward and put their point of view across in a thoughtful and respectful manner shouldn't be ignored and tarred with the same brush as these people.

I 100% agree with you and try to answer a maximum of posts and bring as much transparency as possible. If I am missing a post or a question (for sure that can happen), please feel free to send me PMs/Tweet to ask me to answer.

Also at no time have I, or will I criticise this game or anyone for enjoying it.I'm a supporter of diversifying genres in the gaming industry. We all like different things and I dont begrudge anyone who has fun with this take on trials or any game thats out there. But that goes both ways and anyone who constructively criticises, or brings up valid negative points shouldn't be subject to abuse or ridicule either..

I totally agree. :)

Cheers,

Eno

En0-
06-16-2016, 09:29 PM
This totally sounds like an argument of a conspiracy theories nutter... sorry.

We don't owe them, and they don't owe us. If we don't like the product, we don't buy it... easy as that.

I like all of that.

Rudemod 69
06-17-2016, 11:23 AM
Hey Rudemod,

Thanks for the answer.

I really try to not give PR answers when I interact with the community and I really try to engage with both sides.

I don't think we have any problem with some people having no interest in the game, but that was quite noisy for people without interest. I think that was the only problem from my point of view. Both sides could have communicated better around this topic.

Cheers,I appreciate the reply, EnO.

Please note that my opinions are not the views of the OTHG as a whole, and hope that it doesn't reflect badly on the group.

Thanks again.

En0-
06-17-2016, 12:22 PM
I appreciate the reply, EnO.

Please note that my opinions are not the views of the OTHG as a whole, and hope that it doesn't reflect badly on the group.

Thanks again.

It doesn't reflect bad on the group and it doesn't reflect bad on you. Respecting people's opinion is also not having bad feeling after. :)

We know you love Trials and that¨s far enough for us.

LIONDEN1
06-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Its not a freaking DLC! Its a stand alone game!

LIONDEN1
06-17-2016, 12:44 PM
Zombie, Really? Me grow up? I'm not the one crying about a game i've never played, yall are a bunch of cry babies, now go eat your cheetos, meaning you're prob a lazy bumb. You're just sad cause you didnt get what you wanted, dont troll here and twitch trying to ruin the game for those who havent bought the game. I like it and many others do also. and i'm not 12, i'm 12 1/2.

ZOMBIECHOW17
06-17-2016, 02:14 PM
@LIONDEN

Thanks for your very insightful opinion on my private life and my eating habits. I will be sure to take this on board in all my future endeavours.

Oh and I had to give up eating cheeto's due to a wheat intolerance but I do miss them..

LIONDEN1
06-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Just checked, no wheat in Cheetos so you can have them again, lol

GanajaD
06-17-2016, 04:21 PM
I'm sure a QA team would be awesome if it had some of the dedicated/loving/enthusiastic trials community members in it. :)

Rudhelm
06-17-2016, 09:55 PM
In this case this wouldn't helped at all, coz they probably would have blocked the game. Downloaded it, and i love it! Not as much as Fusion, but it's a great Game! I totally understand why the physics were made «easier». This way it's way more accesable for non-trialists and may wake their hunger for more trials. Although i wish the bike was a bit more mix of Roach an Pit Viper instead of mix of the Baggie and the Roach. The Shooting and Graplinghook open up a totaly new level. Grapling while going full throttle is just fantastic! The Lore/grapling hook Combo is awesome! And the Plattforming totally reminds me of Impossible Mission! Stay a while, stay forever! Great Job, RedLynx!

I do understand why Trials Enthusiasts may not like it, but hey... deal with it.

eflixxx
06-20-2016, 08:25 AM
after getting over the preliminary shock and sadness (lol) i have now played it a bit and will give my pros and cons:

cons:
kinda misleading branding it TRIALS when its such a small portion of the game
the storyline and cutscenes (not needed at all in speedrunning games)
soggy bike (gets better thought)
unprecise controls for platforming, its like running and jumping in ice
undefined targetgroup, who is this game for? kids? nah, too hard. adults? nah, too childish. speedrunners? nah, too glitchy and unprecise.
no replays/editor/track central

pros:
fancy design, nice pallette
partially interresting level design
national leaderboards
trials parts gets better when bike gets better
no ingame purchases
bmx is better than in fusion

edit:
two weeks in. will most likely never open the game again.