PDA

View Full Version : Re-evaluating Past Games

Doc Brandy
06-14-2016, 03:00 PM
Since you guys are taking time to re-evaluate the franchise, I thought you should consider going back and looking at all the best features of the other games. For instance, AC 3 had great combat in that you could move quickly through environments attacking the enemy with speed and precision. The allure and mystery that was AC2-Brotherhood is going to be hard to mimic, but I think people want a real character that is capable of amazing things. I have enjoyed AC Syndicate with few issues. I would enjoy going through AC with a friend. The storyline.

cawatrooper9
06-14-2016, 03:37 PM
If we're going to pick the best parts of each game, I'd probably rate it like this:

AC1- Most reactive (though most annoying) crowds.

AC2- Made a ton of innovative features that we still use in modern AC games

ACB- First game (and perhaps best at it) to really utilize the open world concept

ACR- Best Assassin recruit system

ACIII- Best balance of an interesting yet exciting take on the Templars/Assassins

ACL- Props for a really out of the box setting

ACIV- Best open world map, most replayable

ACRo- Best story (I know I'll get flak for that)

ACU- Best customization

ACS- Most alive feeling world (even if it is more of a facade when compared to the reactive crowds of older games)

SixKeys
06-16-2016, 04:15 AM
For me:

AC1: The best thing about AC1 is by far the atmosphere, but since that's a very broad term, I'll boil it down to lighting and sound design.

AC2: The glyphs went a long way in establishing the lore and mystery. Variety of locations.

ACB: Fluid combat.

ACR: Honestly can't think of much, TBH. :/ Everything that was fun was pretty much copied & pasted from the other games. I guess the variety of bombs was good.

AC3: Animations. I would also say treerunning, but with the caveat that the streamlined controls should ONLY apply when parkouring through trees or beams. I want the old puppeteer controls back, so if that means getting rid of the current controls, I would be happy.

Liberation: Disguises. I mean our character actually donning on a different outfit, not just magically morphing into a random civilian.

AC4: PvP multiplayer.

ACRo: Kind of the same case as Revelations, TBH. All the good things about the game that can be easily categorized (instead of very broad, hard-to-nail-down terms like "good story") came from other games before it. I'm done with naval, so I don't even want that.

ACU: Emphasis on stealth and deep customization.

ACS: Wealth of side content and how it's all connected to the main goal. (also applies to ACB)

Ubi-JollyCharly
06-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

thanks a lot for your very detailed and constructive feedback!
We'll make sure to let the team know :)

JollyCharly

katz960
06-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Let me start off by saying I loved Assassins Creed. I have played them all with the exception of this last one. One of the reason's I found this series great was the storytelling.
It seems to me that when Ubisoft ended their story with Ezio a curious thing happened. They forgot that most of us had been following him and Desmond Miles journey with Ezio for the last four games and they had left what I felt was an incredible last piece of the story with Assassins Creed Embers. Here we find Ezio in his old age confronted with a female Assassin from Imperial China. Most of you know this story, in the end Ezio gives her a box and tells her not to open it until she is in great need. This excited me to no end. My imagination went wild! What was going on in Imperial China? What exactly were the Templar's doing? Most importantly what was in the box??? I wanted to feel like Ezio left his mark and effected change within the Assassins. I wanted to be able to play this series and feel like I understood what it truly meant to be an assassin and to live by their creed and have my game play effected by how close I came to truly living by that creed. I also wanted to feel like Desmond Miles sacrificed his life to thwart the Templars and for a higher purpose. Instead I walked away feeling like their was a huge gap in the storyline, where Ezio left only a small legacy that was almost imperceptible. I most certainly never played this game so I could play a Templar. It would be nice if there had to be that component that a gamer might be able to choose what side they want to fight for. I am glad Ubisoft is not rushing to make a new Assassins Creed game, I would rather they take their time thinking about what it means to be an Assassin and live by the creed. I hope that becomes a component in their future game. I hope so because then I can go back to playing a great game that I love. Until then I will I will forgo playing Assassins Creed.

SixKeys
06-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Let me start off by saying I loved Assassins Creed. I have played them all with the exception of this last one. One of the reason's I found this series great was the storytelling.
It seems to me that when Ubisoft ended their story with Ezio a curious thing happened. They forgot that most of us had been following him and Desmond Miles journey with Ezio for the last four games and they had left what I felt was an incredible last piece of the story with Assassins Creed Embers. Here we find Ezio in his old age confronted with a female Assassin from Imperial China. Most of you know this story, in the end Ezio gives her a box and tells her not to open it until she is in great need. This excited me to no end. My imagination went wild! What was going on in Imperial China? What exactly were the Templar's doing? Most importantly what was in the box??? I wanted to feel like Ezio left his mark and effected change within the Assassins. I wanted to be able to play this series and feel like I understood what it truly meant to be an assassin and to live by their creed and have my game play effected by how close I came to truly living by that creed. I also wanted to feel like Desmond Miles sacrificed his life to thwart the Templars and for a higher purpose. Instead I walked away feeling like their was a huge gap in the storyline, where Ezio left only a small legacy that was almost imperceptible. I most certainly never played this game so I could play a Templar. It would be nice if there had to be that component that a gamer might be able to choose what side they want to fight for. I am glad Ubisoft is not rushing to make a new Assassins Creed game, I would rather they take their time thinking about what it means to be an Assassin and live by the creed. I hope that becomes a component in their future game. I hope so because then I can go back to playing a great game that I love. Until then I will I will forgo playing Assassins Creed.

Your questions about the box are actually addressed in the platformer games AC Chronicles: China, India and Russia.

rob1990312
06-22-2016, 03:30 AM
So maybe the whole point of the box in embers was so that ubi could create these three gimmicks