PDA

View Full Version : Sub Classes

Quikkfeet
06-14-2016, 07:28 AM
So stoked for this game!!! I've been waiting since last year's E3. So impressed with the viking class. What other cool sub classes do you think there will be besides the Oni, Raider, or Warden? AHHHH! :D

Eiddard
06-14-2016, 08:58 AM
There was a lot of discussion in the forums in the last year about classes.

For what I have seen from the gameplay trailer this year, we can guess a few classes for both the samurais and the vikings. Even though is a campaign gameplay I would assume some of the warriors shown are actual classes playable for multiplayer.

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuJZ2m2x0k

Vikings:

- Raider, two-handed dane axe, our protagonist in the gameplay.
- Sword + Shield, min 6:20, it has really interesting stances, I look forward to know more from this class.
- Spear-like weapon + shield (female character probably called Valkyria), min 4:00, you can see this class in some points of the gameplay too.
- Two-handed sword, this was a bit weird to see for me, I am not sure if it was an actual viking class or just a warden a bit out of place, you can see it around the same time as the sword+shield guy.

Samurai

- Kensei, nodachi, shown several times in the gameplay, including the boss at the end.
- The Oni, or whatever is called now, min 3:50.
- Kanabo (japanese mace), min 3:00 on the video.

And that is all I thinkg, there is actually a Viking with Axe+Shield at the start of the video, but we can't see gameplay of him so I rather not add it to the list.

Anyway, we should wait until E3 is over, there is a lot of information to come yet I think, the Masterclass might give some insights on the playable classes in the multipayer for the three factions.

Killerbrian26
06-15-2016, 07:17 AM

For what I have seen from the gameplay trailer this year, we can guess a few classes for both the samurais and the vikings. Even though is a campaign gameplay I would assume some of the warriors shown are actual classes playable for multiplayer.

On top of that, from what I saw in the cinematic trailers under deep scrutiny:
Knights:
Flail and shield, Sword and Shield, Halberd/Polearm
Samurai:
Naginata
Vikings:
Dual wielding, axe and shield

Quikkfeet
06-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Ya i've seen all of the videos from this E3 and I hope all of those mini bosses we've seen are playable characters in the multiplayer.
I've seen all of those in the cinematics as well and don't really want to get my hopes up on those until I see actual in game footage. I'm very excited and can't wait to see more. Hopefully I get into the alpha as well. Thanks for the replies :D

Fatal-Feit
06-15-2016, 09:54 PM
Ya i've seen all of the videos from this E3 and I hope all of those mini bosses we've seen are playable characters in the multiplayer.
I've seen all of those in the cinematics as well and don't really want to get my hopes up on those until I see actual in game footage. I'm very excited and can't wait to see more. Hopefully I get into the alpha as well. Thanks for the replies :D

I don't believe those big brutes that can tank hits and knock you down with a single swing are playable due to balancing issues, but I do hope the Oni class still makes it into the game and haven't been replaced. The assets are still there, thankfully.

SnorriUlversson
06-16-2016, 08:30 PM
I would really like to see a dual wield fighter for vikings, something like berserker or ulfhednar

MrJoker.
06-16-2016, 10:12 PM
Axe and shield will be awesome !

Pallbearer7
06-16-2016, 10:55 PM
I don't believe those big brutes that can tank hits and knock you down with a single swing are playable due to balancing issues, but I do hope the Oni class still makes it into the game and haven't been replaced. The assets are still there, thankfully.

Jason did say in an interview that some of the abilities in singleplayer have "translations" into multiplayer, likely balancing stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if that big mace samurai has a multiplayer "translation" as well, balanced for that mode.

AvarusTyrannus
06-18-2016, 12:10 AM

Vikings:

- Raider, two-handed dane axe, our protagonist in the gameplay.
- Sword + Shield, min 6:20, it has really interesting stances, I look forward to know more from this class.
- Spear-like weapon + shield (female character probably called Valkyria), min 4:00, you can see this class in some points of the gameplay too.
- Two-handed sword, this was a bit weird to see for me, I am not sure if it was an actual viking class or just a warden a bit out of place, you can see it around the same time as the sword+shield guy.

Samurai

- Kensei, nodachi, shown several times in the gameplay, including the boss at the end.
- The Oni, or whatever is called now, min 3:50.
- Kanabo (japanese mace), min 3:00 on the video.

And that is all I thinkg, there is actually a Viking with Axe+Shield at the start of the video, but we can't see gameplay of him so I rather not add it to the list.

Anyway, we should wait until E3 is over, there is a lot of information to come yet I think, the Masterclass might give some insights on the playable classes in the multipayer for the three factions.

The monstrous Kanabo Chosen was a big plus for me, that was exactly one of the heroes I most wanted to see implemented. I really hope they carry over to the mutliplayer.

A story character in the Knight campaign mission shown during the masterclass used what appeared to be a pollaxe

The viking with a Warden sword I think is just a campaign archetype, just like the shield and sword samurai, lesser samurai, and non-quite Wardens shown. They probably borrow aspects from multiplayer characters, or vice-versa, but they aren't likely to directly carry over...just something to be a bit more challenging than minions, but not so difficult that "boss" fights aren't more rewarding.

So at my count that gives us three likely Samurai and Vikings, and three Knights if Pollaxe and flail make the cut. Wishful thinking for me would be for them each to have at least one more at launch. A viking with two hand axes, naginta/yari samurai, and for the knights....maybe a war hammer or mace, preferably the former.

All said 3 for each faction might be more likely.

Willaguy2010
06-18-2016, 03:41 PM
The monstrous Kanabo Chosen was a big plus for me, that was exactly one of the heroes I most wanted to see implemented. I really hope they carry over to the mutliplayer.

A story character in the Knight campaign mission shown during the masterclass used what appeared to be a pollaxe

The viking with a Warden sword I think is just a campaign archetype, just like the shield and sword samurai, lesser samurai, and non-quite Wardens shown. They probably borrow aspects from multiplayer characters, or vice-versa, but they aren't likely to directly carry over...just something to be a bit more challenging than minions, but not so difficult that "boss" fights aren't more rewarding.

So at my count that gives us three likely Samurai and Vikings, and three Knights if Pollaxe and flail make the cut. Wishful thinking for me would be for them each to have at least one more at launch. A viking with two hand axes, naginta/yari samurai, and for the knights....maybe a war hammer or mace, preferably the former.

All said 3 for each faction might be more likely.

I don't know how I feel about that fat Chosen with the Kanabo. It seems something more suited to Dark Souls and I fear players will simply play that class if it's in multiplayer for the humor associated with a character like that. Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

AvarusTyrannus
06-18-2016, 05:13 PM
I don't know how I feel about that fat Chosen with the Kanabo. It seems something more suited to Dark Souls and I fear players will simply play that class if it's in multiplayer for the humor associated with a character like that. Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

If lots of people choose to play as him for the humor in it rather than because they excel at it then I guess we'll all get pretty good at taking them down, and I don't have a problem with that.

Willaguy2010
06-18-2016, 05:29 PM
If lots of people choose to play as him for the humor in it rather than because they excel at it then I guess we'll all get pretty good at taking them down, and I don't have a problem with that.

Definately, I know I'm hardly ever going to play as that class, so I look forward to killing the Japanese version of Shrek.

MisterWillow
06-19-2016, 10:10 PM

In the dev walkthrough, Geoff called him a Shugoki, and him having a name makes me think he'll be a Hero in multiplayer.

They'll need to tone him down some (he would take at least half your life if he hit you), but I would welcome a bruiser like that. He'd be great for holding down a point.

(3:05)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuJZ2m2x0k

AvarusTyrannus
06-20-2016, 06:50 PM
He was incredibly slow and swings very telegraphed, that might strike enough of a balance. A Shugoki player will have a hard time hitting an opponent, but each hit will really matter, conversely fighting a Shugoki dodging and punishing will be easier than against others, but you'll have to rinse and repeat to finish the job. Like you said, perfect for holding down an objective and buying time. I don't know about you guys, but I for one am really looking forward to playing Shugoki, it's so dramatically different from any of the others, and each hero playing so differently is a huge part of what appeals to me in this game.

BaconBusterYT
06-21-2016, 03:34 PM
I'd bet that the remaining Samurai class will use a naginata, and the Viking one will use dual axes. We saw both of those in the E3 2015 cinematic trailer, right? Plus, the dual axe one was in the official website art for a long time. The axe and shield viking likely won't make it in as he's too similar to the sword and shield one.

As for the last Knight class, no freakin' clue.

AvarusTyrannus
06-21-2016, 04:05 PM
I'd bet that the remaining Samurai class will use a naginata, and the Viking one will use dual axes. We saw both of those in the E3 2015 cinematic trailer, right? Plus, the dual axe one was in the official website art for a long time. The axe and shield viking likely won't make it in as he's too similar to the sword and shield one.

Fingers cross for warhammer knight. Who doesn't want to cave a breastplate in like Robert Baratheon?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b5/ac/bf/b5acbf9b2f704a6f9035a8ad791df17c.jpg

MisterWillow
06-21-2016, 09:08 PM

That could also be a matter of customisation---so you could choose if he has a sword or axe.

I feel like the dual axe Viking will make it---still can't wait to see how dual wielding works---but now I'm not sure about the naginata. My impression is that the kanabo samurai replaced him, but that could also be a matter of customisation.

It's an odd thing about the classes. In my other thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1341664-Hero-class-shadows?) speculating on what they all might be, I feel there was some information that was correctly deduced.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1q4pc8.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/2rqbnyd.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/30w9vrt.jpg

So, no new Hero was revealed for the Legion, but shield-knight's still up on the official art, so I think it's safe to assume he'll be there. Vikings was pretty obvious on the two-handed axe, but I'm still immensely curious on how the dual wielder in the front plays. Samurai got two new heroes. Kensei up front---I was wrong on the weapon, thought it would be a taichi, not a nodachi---and the one in the middle is obviously the Shugoki.

We have quite a few left to go, it seems...

My guess for the heavy-hitter Knight class, it would be the one with the spear, which, considering how a spear is used, should be quite different than the Raider and Shugoki on both sides of a conflict---my guess is he'll be faster---but there was talk elsewhere of a Knight with a poleaxe, which would be more close to the Raider.

Fingers cross for warhammer knight.

That would also be welcome. He'd probably be somewhere in between the Raider and Shugoki in terms of speed and power (though power would be debatable, considering what a warhammer can do).

AvarusTyrannus
06-22-2016, 12:08 AM
If your options are between getting wacked with a kanabo, warhammer, or Dane axe...well isn't much point splitting hairs. Big two handed warhammer look super cool, the only problem is keeping everything unique. I don't envy that task, so far each character plays and feels different, but when you add more maintaining that gets tricky.

BaconBusterYT
06-24-2016, 01:24 AM
What about a knight with a one-handed warhammer and a buckler shield? You can incorporate unique moves into it, like flipping the hammer around or buckler punching people, and maybe the buckler would be used to block, but couldn't turtle like the other shield classes we've seen.