PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - max 50 fps on a high end system?

MnemonicSyntax
06-13-2016, 06:57 PM
I have a pretty nice gaming rig. Specs:

Windows 10
Intel 4770k
16 Gigs of RAM
GTX 980 EVGA GPU

When I play ACB, I have a max FPS of 50. It doesn't go over that, and sometimes it dips down to about 40, especially when jumping.

My drivers are updated, as well as firmware on all my components. I've tried setting the affinity, turning off Hyper-Threading, etc etc etc

Anyone know of a fix as to why my high end graphics card can't run a game from five years ago? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Unless the de facto response is to contact "Support." The "Support" is crap, and I probably know more than they do. I'm not going to play email tag for days just to have them tell me to make sure all my drivers are up to date.

Locopells
06-14-2016, 12:43 AM
Hmm. Possibly a older/slower hard drive? I have heard that some HDDs work better then others (although I've never had issues). Some SSDs are even supposed to be fast enough for the game to unlock the horse gallop - which suggests the game regulates itself dependant on what speed it thinks the HDD is capable of...

MnemonicSyntax
06-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Hmm. Possibly a older/slower hard drive? I have heard that some HDDs work better then others (although I've never had issues). Some SSDs are even supposed to be fast enough for the game to unlock the horse gallop - which suggests the game regulates itself dependant on what speed it thinks the HDD is capable of...

That sounds so ridiculous Loco that it just might be right.

Though it's weird, when I had my 780, I didn't have any issues. Same HDD at the time too.

Lignjoslav
06-14-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm only speculating, but could it be some newfangled stuff in the GPU driver that's supposed to reduce power consumption/heat/noise?

Locopells
06-14-2016, 12:29 PM
Well unless it's HDD age (which I doubt), it would seem to be some kind of conflict with the new card (such as Lign's suggestion). But as to what, I can't really say, from this end, sorry. Maybe try their support, they sometimes have game-specific fixes.