PDA

View Full Version : Which MD character would you want the most to be the next character we control?

ERICATHERINE
06-12-2016, 09:09 PM
You can also talk about which one you think would be the most possible. It's just that I missed some space for the title. Because, lets be honest, it's not because we want it, that it have bigger chance happening.

Here is a list of everyone I think would be possible. Of course, if you think I missed one, don't feel bad about telling me.

Desmond's son (my personal choice). Some may think he is too young, but they seem to forget the md story began some years in the futur. I think this could happen again. For exemple, look at the ac movie's animus. For a change that big with the design and surely also the mechanics of that thing to happen, it could have very well take many years to make. So, since the ac movie will be the next thing happening in the lore, who can be certain if Desmond's son will not be an adult by the time the next game arrive. Who knows, he might have to escape from Abstergo with an Assassin help, like when Desmond fled with Lucy. Also, he is a sage. This could maen great things happening in the past days. After all, sages have the memory of Aita, which mean ubisoft would have a reason to make us a game with, in the past days, the isu era.

Charlotte de la Cruz (the choice with, from my point of view, the most chance of happening). She may be a solution to the lack of girl protagonist, just like some other choices. It's certainly not for nothing that ubisoft made a story about her. She already have team and she use an animus, which could certainly make her fight and do md missions like Desmond which is what many fans have wanted for a long time, now.

Galina Voronina. She could just be the patner of Charlotte, like she could be the next md protagonist. It's certainly not for nothing that she was shown that much in ac syndicate. She certainly don't have to tell me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3562219385&feature=iv&src_vid=WgPePk3kGZk&v=yubso_i0ZCI

for me to know that. She can even hold her own in a fight against Otso Berg and have enough strength left after the fight to kill every one else in the sigma team.

Callum Lynch. Will he go in the game story, or stay in the movie one? We won't know before either we see him in a game or he get killed.

Bishop (looking at you, sorrosyss. i'm waitng for your Eve related comment. :p) with the Initiates not under her command anymore, she might actually continu doing what she was doing, before we joined the Assassins. What she was doing back then, we don't know. Maybe she was a field agent like she could have been an Assassin with the same fonction as Shaun or Rebecca, but even then we saw them fight, so why not Bishop as well.

Shaun Hastings and Rebecca Crane. In syndicate we were able to be many charaters, in the past days. Of course we could control Evie and Jacob, but also Lydia Frye in the ww1 and we got even some missions where we could control Jack the ripper, in a dlc. So, if we take it that way, why not an ac game with two md protagonist and what better choice of 2 charaters working togeter than Shaun and Rebecca? They can fight, they have weapon (at least for Shaun). Who knows. Maybe they might join force with Galina's team at some point and that could happen in the titan comics like (and most likely) the games.

Juany Otso Berg. Yea I know, he's a Templar, but it would not be the first time we would control a Templar (ahem, Haytam and Shay, ahem). It would just be the first time in the md. Also, you have to admit it would be better than another unity and since he is a Templar field agent, he could do real missions, instead of just acting as a floating tablet. Plus, he will surely want his revenge against Galina for her knocking him out, not to mention the other Assassins who want to kill him like Arend schut Cunningham, for exemple.

Violette Da Costa. Now that it has been revealed she is a member of the instruments of the first will, she could be an interesting choice as a md charater to control. It would surely make us learn more about the instruments or even on Juno.

William Miles. Since Desmond's son as been revealed in ac syndicate (even if it's true reveal moment was in ac b, ubisoft told us it was just Clay get crazy), I came to think he could be the one to save him from the Templars. We haven't seen his wife yet and the child's mother is certainly not an Assassin, so unlee Desmond's mom finnaly make an apearence, William Miles is the only one who can save him. After all, like he said in ac iii, he was fighting the Templars since before Desmond was born.

A new character.

Someone else.

With the initiates hidding themselves from the Jack the ripper dlc until an unknown amount of time, we clearly may control someone in the next games md.

So, who would you want the next character we will control to be? Also, who do you think is the most likely to be the next character we'll control in md? ^-^

Sorrosyss
06-12-2016, 11:16 PM
Eve.

....ok, Bishop. (You told me to say it! :p)

Being serious though. Most likely to happen is Desmond's Son or Charlotte, in my view. With Galina a close third. I honestly can't see any of the others being used, and they've already said the movies are doing their seperate thing, so it won't be Callum.

These are the characters we know of though. Its entirely possible it may be a completely brand new character. And that possibility can't be discounted.

Its strongly suggested we won't see Initiates next time (woo), so hopefully the floaty tablet wielder won't make an unwelcome re-appearance.

ERICATHERINE
06-13-2016, 06:15 AM
Eve.

....ok, Bishop. (You told me to say it! :p)

XD

Being serious though. Most likely to happen is Desmond's Son or Charlotte, in my view. With Galina a close third. I honestly can't see any of the others being used, and they've already said the movies are doing their seperate thing, so it won't be Callum.

These are the characters we know of though. Its entirely possible it may be a completely brand new character. And that possibility can't be discounted.

Its strongly suggested we won't see Initiates next time (woo), so hopefully the floaty tablet wielder won't make an unwelcome re-appearance.

Yea, I was not sure if Galina would be moore likely than Charlotte. Obviously, I choosed Charlotte. I choosed her above Galina, because she is already the main protag, in the titan comic, while Galina, in syndicate, share the lead role with Shaun and Rebecca.

Talking about the floating tablet, I must say that yes, it would be unwelcome, when comparing with any choice above that have a name, but It would still be better than unity's md or liberation hd's email from Erudito. ^-^

cawatrooper9
06-14-2016, 02:38 PM
Come on guys, it's obviously gonna be Otso Berg.

Or Melanie Lemay. :p

dxsxhxcx
06-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Charlotte de la Cruz.

then after the next game "reboot" the franchise and add a new protagonist.

ERICATHERINE
06-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Or Melanie Lemay. :p

XD

ERICATHERINE
06-14-2016, 08:01 PM
Charlotte de la Cruz.

For which of the 2 questions? The one you want or the one you think have the best chance of being the next md protagonist? ^-^

dxsxhxcx
06-14-2016, 11:43 PM
For which of the 2 questions? The one you want or the one you think have the best chance of being the next md protagonist? ^-^

the one I want, due to the lack of a better one, but we'll probably play as "ourselves" again, as an Initiate or Mr. Flying Tablet, or even both (Mr. Initiate with a flying tablet!);

ERICATHERINE
06-15-2016, 01:08 AM
the one I want, due to the lack of a better one, but we'll probably play as "ourselves" again, as an Initiate or Mr. Flying Tablet, or even both (Mr. Initiate with a flying tablet!);

I don't think we will be an initiates, for now. In the database of the Jack the ripper dlc, it was revealed the initiates will be separated from the Assassins for an unknown time. So, for now, I'm optimistic, about that.

Of course, I'm still causiously optimistic, conserning ac empire and I'll act like that as long as ubisoft don't completely confirm the rumor. It's too bad. E3 would have been a great moment to talk about that. ^-^

dxsxhxcx
06-15-2016, 02:52 PM
I don't think we will be an initiates, for now. In the database of the Jack the ripper dlc, it was revealed the initiates will be separated from the Assassins for an unknown time. So, for now, I'm optimistic, about that.

Of course, I'm still causiously optimistic, conserning ac empire and I'll act like that as long as ubisoft don't completely confirm the rumor. It's too bad. E3 would have been a great moment to talk about that. ^-^

I hope you're right and this isn't just an allusion to the fact that we won't have an AC game this year because being a Initiate and Mr. Flying Tablet sucked big time.. :p

crusader_prophet
06-15-2016, 03:44 PM
A new protagonist. None we have seen so far.

ERICATHERINE
06-15-2016, 08:25 PM
I hope you're right and this isn't just an allusion to the fact that we won't have an AC game this year because being a Initiate and Mr. Flying Tablet sucked big time.. :p

Yea I doubt we see/be the initiates for a while. I don't remember who, but someone in this forum even said the Assassins will never work again with the initiates, based on what ubisoft may have made the Assassins say between the line(it was just like what a boss say to his employe when he is about to get fired). I don't think it's true, but I don't work for ubisoft so I can't be certain. I prefer to think the initiates are just in standby.

It would be so great have real md missions again, like with Desmond in ac iii. ^-^

Is that what you hope or what you think have the biggest chance of happening? ^-^

crusader_prophet
06-15-2016, 11:26 PM
Is that what you hope or what you think have the biggest chance of happening? ^-^

That is something I would like to see happen. It will be a clean start for the writers, not be tethered and obligated for consistency that is already out there in transmedia.

ERICATHERINE
06-16-2016, 12:27 AM
That is something I would like to see happen. It will be a clean start for the writers, not be tethered and obligated for consistency that is already out there in transmedia.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're talking about a reboot? ^-^

LoyalACFan
06-17-2016, 11:31 AM

I agree. They really need to wipe the slate clean at some point, even if they don't do a hard reboot. They've been building up all of this lore in the Initiates app for the last several years now, but the problem is that only like twelve people on Earth follow all of it. They can't just jump into the plot from Initiates in the game and expect all their millions of players to be on board with it. Just simplify, get back to basics, and drop all the metagame BS.

ERICATHERINE
06-17-2016, 06:34 PM
I agree. They really need to wipe the slate clean at some point, even if they don't do a hard reboot. They've been building up all of this lore in the Initiates app for the last several years now, but the problem is that only like twelve people on Earth follow all of it. They can't just jump into the plot from Initiates in the game and expect all their millions of players to be on board with it. Just simplify, get back to basics, and drop all the metagame BS.

I like the initiates stuff. :-\

Sorrosyss
06-17-2016, 07:33 PM

Valid points. This is something they should be wary of. I mean it's nice when a character from the expanded universe ends up in one of the games (Daniel Cross, Galina etc), but they'd be foolish to assume everyone reads all the extended material. I suppose if they were to put say... Charlotte, into the protagonist role, they would be best advised to show some of her backstory within the game rather than throwing her and gamers in blind.

On the other hand, how much did we really know about Desmond in the first game? Not that much, and arguably most of it was fleshed out in The Lost Archive DLC some four games later. In Charlotte's case she has a whole slew of comics showing her story thus far, for those who desire it. In Galina's case in Syndicate she was just dropped in with a small database entry as explanation for her. lol. If the rumours are true that she was playable in the cut Modern Day level, this might give us an idea of how future protagonists are handled. I'd definitely argue that the Modern Day can't hang about though. One of its chief criticisms is that most of the sections are spent standing around talking. I'd rather we got into some action, and read said protagonist's backstory in a database entry. I imagine most Assassins are going to be disenfranchised individuals looking to free the world anyway. Most of them are probably going to have troubled backgrounds, so it may just be best to just leave that all to the side rather than run into cliches or Desmond comparisons.

LoyalACFan
06-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Valid points. This is something they should be wary of. I mean it's nice when a character from the expanded universe ends up in one of the games (Daniel Cross, Galina etc), but they'd be foolish to assume everyone reads all the extended material. I suppose if they were to put say... Charlotte, into the protagonist role, they would be best advised to show some of her backstory within the game rather than throwing her and gamers in blind.

On the other hand, how much did we really know about Desmond in the first game? Not that much, and arguably most of it was fleshed out in The Lost Archive DLC some four games later. In Charlotte's case she has a whole slew of comics showing her story thus far, for those who desire it. In Galina's case in Syndicate she was just dropped in with a small database entry as explanation for her. lol. If the rumours are true that she was playable in the cut Modern Day level, this might give us an idea of how future protagonists are handled. I'd definitely argue that the Modern Day can't hang about though. One of its chief criticisms is that most of the sections are spent standing around talking. I'd rather we got into some action, and read said protagonist's backstory in a database entry. I imagine most Assassins are going to be disenfranchised individuals looking to free the world anyway. Most of them are probably going to have troubled backgrounds, so it may just be best to just leave that all to the side rather than run into cliches or Desmond comparisons.

But the critical point here is that they would eventually have to do all of this in the game again. If they put Charlotte in as the main heroine, yeah, sure, she'd have a lot of backstory and motivation that the diehard fans would pick up on, but 99% of players wouldn't know about it, so they'd have to hit those beats again (or take the character in a completely different and unrelated direction). Sure, they could put it all in a database entry, but the impetus to create an engaging protagonist does not lie with the player; if you have to learn about your hero's backstory and motivations by pausing to look through a menu screen, something is wrong.

IMO the best way to move forward is to just make a new MD character (it's probably going to be Desmond's son, because let's be real, why else would they dredge up that old loose end?) and have the Initiates/"Expanded Universe" people show up as supporting characters. Galina, Charlotte, that Gavin dude, Bishop, and whoever else is still alive in Initiates can be there, but not as the main attraction. Plus Shaun and Rebecca I guess, but IMO they need to wrap those characters up and retire them. What began as enjoyable banter has now been sort of played out. The cast would be too big anyway if we're throwing in the Initiates crew.

ERICATHERINE
06-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Charlotte, ... Bishop,

Actually, those two weren't in acinitiates.com. ^-^

LoyalACFan
06-17-2016, 11:04 PM
Actually, those two weren't in acinitiates.com. ^-^

I'm just including anyone who's relevant to the modern day. And notice that I did say Initiates and "Expanded Universe" characters. Charlotte falls into the latter category (which TBH is a better umbrella term for AC multimedia in general, since there's just so god damn much of it).

ERICATHERINE
06-17-2016, 11:26 PM
And notice that I did say Initiates and "Expanded Universe" characters. Charlotte falls into the latter category (which TBH is a better umbrella term for AC multimedia in general, since there's just so god damn much of it).

Right, sorry, my bad. ^-^

LoyalACFan
06-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Right, sorry, my bad. ^-^

Np :)

ERICATHERINE
06-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Np :)

Sorry if I sound stupid, right now, but what does "Np" mean? :confused:

Locopells
06-19-2016, 12:53 AM
No Problem