PDA

View Full Version : Nice Poll

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 10:05 PM
seems the new poll on the official il2 sturmovik site strengthens the fact that il2 is losing popularity due to the warping issues that Oleg and his crew have created with the release of Forgotten BattlesT

i know there are claims that nothing has changed with netcode... but who is to say THAT is the problem. it could very well be the increased intelligence of the AI or the increased skin size to 1024x1024 or both... who knows.

i DO know through many rumors from beta testers and others that the programming department currently working on Forgotten BattlesT is taking the warp issue with a grain of salt... claiming that nothing was changed and the problems lie with individuals... not the software. that is total and utter hogwash!!!

putting aside newbie comments and fence walking, all dedicated fliers that have flown since the release of the demo and before, know there has been a major change between IL2 SturmovikT and Forgotten BattlesT causing many faithful to fall by the wayside.

it is a shame that entities/companies have already reaped the revenues generated by our hard earned money that paid for the product twice now.(a lot of what we got in Forgotten BattlesT was promised to us in IL2 as updates... remember?)

IMHO... Oleg and his cohorts should feel obligated to work steadfastly on removing the Co-op warping or reducing it to il2 levels. even if they have to write the programming all over again. and cut out all the glitter of showing new aircraft that never flew over the Eastern Front.

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 10:05 PM
seems the new poll on the official il2 sturmovik site strengthens the fact that il2 is losing popularity due to the warping issues that Oleg and his crew have created with the release of Forgotten BattlesT

i know there are claims that nothing has changed with netcode... but who is to say THAT is the problem. it could very well be the increased intelligence of the AI or the increased skin size to 1024x1024 or both... who knows.

i DO know through many rumors from beta testers and others that the programming department currently working on Forgotten BattlesT is taking the warp issue with a grain of salt... claiming that nothing was changed and the problems lie with individuals... not the software. that is total and utter hogwash!!!

putting aside newbie comments and fence walking, all dedicated fliers that have flown since the release of the demo and before, know there has been a major change between IL2 SturmovikT and Forgotten BattlesT causing many faithful to fall by the wayside.

it is a shame that entities/companies have already reaped the revenues generated by our hard earned money that paid for the product twice now.(a lot of what we got in Forgotten BattlesT was promised to us in IL2 as updates... remember?)

IMHO... Oleg and his cohorts should feel obligated to work steadfastly on removing the Co-op warping or reducing it to il2 levels. even if they have to write the programming all over again. and cut out all the glitter of showing new aircraft that never flew over the Eastern Front.

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 10:25 PM
wise man say:

[this space intentionally left blank]

you say:

lots

you assume that i am serious like you
i assume that you assume too much

sorry: this is my disinterest in proper english

<font face="Courier New">
BaldieJr
_____ | _____
_\__(o)__/_
./ \.
!$S
ma camp udor nots ay lut
</font>

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 10:27 PM
Dont count your warpings before you crash...or maybe that has to do with chickens....beats me.

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 11:23 PM
MadDogE134 wrote:
- i DO know through many rumors from beta testers and
- others...

I feel the need to point out that it's impossible to "know" anything from rumors. For example, I've heard a rumor that RayBanJockey is the world's greatest sim pilot, not to mention God's gift to women.

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.
(If I knew who said that first, I'd give credit here.)

HL callsign: Ctrl_Eeee, the guy you just shot down