PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Improving the player experience - update on cheating

Natchai_Ubisoft
06-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Player experience is and always will be at the center of everything we do and we are constantly looking at ways to improve it. Cheating has been a source of frustration for our community as some individuals have been gaining an unfair advantage in the game by using third-party software at the expense of our loyal players. In order to address this situation, last month we announced a series of new measures (http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-248717-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) that have since brought significant results but also new learnings.

We recently shed some light on our online architecture in a special Podcast (https://soundcloud.com/thedivisiongame/the-division-podcast-episode-10-we-live-to-server). While some of the game decisions are made client-side, there are constant server checks in place. This ensures that even in the situation where a player would be able to modify his client data, the servers can detect it. The array of these checks has constantly improved since the launch of the game which allowed us to catch a great amount of cheaters. Of course, this doesn’t mean that cheating is a thing of the past and we stand ready to react quickly, should new cheats be developed.

As a direct result of this improved cheat detection, last month we announced “the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date”. This marked the beginning of an intensive campaign during which actions were taken against a total of over 30,000 accounts, including 3,800 permanent bans. This led to a significantly improved experience, particularly in the Dark Zone.

Following this campaign of suspensions and bans, it also became clear that while huge progress has been made in terms of cheat detection, our 14 days suspension on first offense policy has not been dissuasive enough. Judging from your feedback, and based on what we witnessed when cheaters came back to the game, we have now decided to push our policy one step further: we will now start applying permanent bans on first offense when players are caught using cheat engines and we will communicate clearly when new ban waves are taking place.

We are committed to constantly improve your experience in the game, and this begins with ensuring a positive and fair environment free of noxious players willingly violating the rules. We will take all steps necessary to track down cheaters and make sure they cannot spoil your enjoyment of the game.

See you in game!

The Division Team

thkara
06-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Nice. What about the list with exploits? Where is it?

Dragon29O5
06-09-2016, 10:13 PM
Let me start by saying I ABSOLUTELY HATE HACKERS IN THIS AND OTHER GAMES!!! They have ruined my enjoyment of the Darkzone in The Division on so many occasions I can't recall!

So whilst I agree with the new policy I have some MAJOR concerns!

I personally know of ONE (with maybe a second player) that have been banned who CATEGORICALLY does not cheat. As far as we can ascertain his ban has come as a result of one of the following:

1) Been in a group with a hacker (Guilt by Association)

Problem A) This is game has its own Matchmaking System that pairs you with players you don't know and unless a random player is using hacks that you can actually see (eg Teleporting) its almost impossible to tell. Consequently the "Guilt by Association" is grossly unfair.

2) False Positive - Fallen through world at some point and has falsely reported as teleporting.

Problem B) There are many points in the world where this occurs. I don't believe that you can tell the difference between a bug in game, that you allowed to make it into a released game, and a Teleport hack (short of watching a replay of the footage)

3) False Positive - Too many headshots / too many headshots occuring in a short amount of time

Problem C) This infers Massive/Ubi are using some game analytics. These have been proven many times over to report false positives and ergo are in themselves unreliable. Plus in the case of my buddy (online only and probably +100hrs played with in The Division) he is simply amazing with a Marksman Rifle and Scope.

4) Ban Appeals Panel/Committee

Problem D) This only came up following my friends discussion on Live Chat with a Support Agent (he was also telling us what was happening in Team Speak @ the same time). They upheld his ban..... I can't help but wonder if this "Panel" even exists.... and is perhaps a way for the Support Agent to get rid of annoyed players with as little stress as possible.

Does such a committee/panel exist and if so does it ACTUALLY review the evidence fully OR is it just in fact a CURSORY look at the case?

Final Point
Even in the worst countries in the world they have a justice system that allows you to "know the charges which you stand accused of" and "the day/date on which they occured". The system/process as it currently stands fails to deliver even the most basic of this information.

I can't help but feel that you are opening up the possibility of some VERY LARGE Lawsuits regarding your overall implementation. I know in the UK that your "ToS" do not supercede the laws of the land and in the USA class action lawsuits have been started for less........

Diamond_dom
06-09-2016, 10:29 PM
could we really get ban unknowingly teaming with a hacker? how could we know for sure something must be done here

Natchai_Ubisoft
06-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Hi,

To dispel some rumors that have been flying around, I'll answer some questions regarding bans:

1) Being banned by being in a group with a cheater: Doesn't happen. The system only checks individual accounts and doesn't account for things that happen in group. I.e. if cheats aren't detected on your account, you won't get banned by being in a group with a cheater.

2) Falling through the world: Does not show up in the system as a speed/teleport hack, so no, you will not get banned for this.

3) Too many headshots during a short amount of time: If you are a remarkable aim, you still will not get flagged as a cheater for too many headshots in a timeframe.

It's important to note that our system will only flag things that just aren't possible. Additionally people don't get banned for a single instance of what could constitute cheating, the only people getting banned are so because cheats have been detected repeatedly and regularly.

4) Players requesting for appeals that are reasonable get reviewed again by our developers. There have been overturned bans, but they are pretty rare as most times the team finds that cheats have in fact been used, even upon closer inspection.

We are of course continuously optimizing our tools to constantly adapt and detect the latest cheat methods, while also making sure to limit the risks of false positives.

PanzerBonanza
06-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Judging from your feedback, and based on what we witnessed when cheaters came back to the game, we have now decided to push our policy one step further: we will now start applying permanent bans on first offense when players are caught using cheat engines and we will communicate clearly when new ban waves are taking place.

AMEN to that! Better late than never. Hackers should't be allowed to be part of any multiplayer video game community.

:D

J.Pieterse
06-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Lately I expierience alot of lag could it be due to all the new changes and inplementations?

Scarphace84
06-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Hi,

To dispel some rumors that have been flying around, I'll answer some questions regarding bans:

1) Being banned by being in a group with a cheater: Doesn't happen. The system only checks individual accounts and doesn't account for things that happen in group. I.e. if cheats aren't detected on your account, you won't get banned by being in a group with a cheater.

2) Falling through the world: Does not show up in the system as a speed/teleport hack, so no, you will not get banned for this.

3) Too many headshots during a short amount of time: If you are a remarkable aim, you still will not get flagged as a cheater for too many headshots in a timeframe.

It's important to note that our system will only flag things that just aren't possible. Additionally people don't get banned for a single instance of what could constitute cheating, the only people getting banned are so because cheats have been detected repeatedly and regularly.

4) Players requesting for appeals that are reasonable get reviewed again by our developers. There have been overturned bans, but they are pretty rare as most times the team finds that cheats have in fact been used, even upon closer inspection.

We are of course continuously optimizing our tools to constantly adapt and detect the latest cheat methods, while also making sure to limit the risks of false positives.

I read this statement you made and its clearly a broken system you have operating. I never cheated once in this game, i fell through the map about 5 days ago on the way to a HVT and the day after i am banned for 14 days. So explain to me why im banned for playing with a friend legit gaming not hacking/modding/cheating in anyway, not being abusive to other players because we only chat via skype so explain why im banned? I was banned because your system is broken, you only have to check my account to see i have nothing in my gear or weapons to show im hacking, etc. My rogue kills are at 23, my game time is over 350 hours yet you think im gonna cheat and risk losing over 60 worth of game (yes i was stupid and bought a season pass) to gain some gear set items or to better others in the DZ. I think you need to reveiw your anti cheat system and actually provide evidence to suppor the bans not the same dribble you keep feeding me "code of conduct" crap. You have no proof to backup the ban you put over to me and i highly doubt youll remove my ban. I did request a full refund for the game and season pass lol since then Ubisoft have blanked me totally.

stick_jock2002
06-11-2016, 02:43 PM
I read this statement you made and its clearly a broken system you have operating. I never cheated once in this game, i fell through the map about 5 days ago on the way to a HVT and the day after i am banned for 14 days. So explain to me why im banned for playing with a friend legit gaming not hacking/modding/cheating in anyway, not being abusive to other players because we only chat via skype so explain why im banned? I was banned because your system is broken, you only have to check my account to see i have nothing in my gear or weapons to show im hacking, etc. My rogue kills are at 23, my game time is over 350 hours yet you think im gonna cheat and risk losing over 60 worth of game (yes i was stupid and bought a season pass) to gain some gear set items or to better others in the DZ. I think you need to reveiw your anti cheat system and actually provide evidence to suppor the bans not the same dribble you keep feeding me "code of conduct" crap. You have no proof to backup the ban you put over to me and i highly doubt youll remove my ban. I did request a full refund for the game and season pass lol since then Ubisoft have blanked me totally.

Well... DID you file an appeal?? If so... the ONLY thing you can do is wait... and see what the outcome is... or by all means, continue to scream your innocence here on the forums and how you've wrongfully been banned... Oh yeah, aren't you the one that's going to sue them as well?? How's that coming by the way??

Dzo9
06-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft View Post
Judging from your feedback, and based on what we witnessed when cheaters came back to the game, we have now decided to push our policy one step further: we will now start applying permanent bans on first offense when players are caught using cheat engines and we will communicate clearly when new ban waves are taking place.

HUGE THANKS !!!

guepard4
06-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Hi,

That means that an innocent player can be banned?

TheWasian_OwO
06-13-2016, 10:44 PM

False positives can always happen in any game, that's why the appeal process exist, your question is pointless and adds nothing to the discussion.

The issue I've seen lately even with the ban waves occurring is that now there are clans of people that run around in a group and only one hacks. Even with evidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ajzULUJ-s this clan still runs around with people that hack.

They have been reported and they are still playing to this day, even on one of their steam profiles they've logged more than 100 hours in the game in the last 2 weeks. How is it that Ubisoft can not address people that are doing the impossible in-game in a timely manner?

guepard4
06-13-2016, 10:51 PM
False positives can always happen in any game, that's why the appeal process exist, your question is pointless and adds nothing to the discussion.

The issue I've seen lately even with the ban waves occurring is that now there are clans of people that run around in a group and only one hacks. Even with evidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ajzULUJ-s this clan still runs around with people that hack.

They have been reported and they are still playing to this day, even on one of their steam profiles they've logged more than 100 hours in the game in the last 2 weeks. How is it that Ubisoft can not address people that are doing the impossible in-game in a timely manner?

Appeal? According to ALL the posts of the forum there is no possibility of that. Support people don't want to say what you have done and says "prove that you have not hacked".

I don't know if it is real, but ALL the posts say same.

In adittion Natchai_Ubisoft said that you can't be banned only for being in a group with a hacker. Read before say to someone that a question is pointless.

FireMcBoonSauce
06-13-2016, 11:29 PM
I truly do not believe in this so called appeal system Ubisoft is stating they have. We have tried everything from calling support (who had NO INFORMATION on why the ban was put in place) to live chat 2 times (who had NO INFORMATION on why the ban was put in place) to get an appeal for my wife's being banned for 14 days. No one can tell us how she was cheating, we DON'T cheat while playing these games. 3 tickets put in on the 8th she gets an email on the 12th they have closed the tickets stating "We have closed the cases because we have not heard from you in 4 days since our response" WHAT RESPONSE she got no response in emails or on the web site. I hate cheater but I hate terrible customer support as well. The way you treat people that have paid for this game and the expansions to ban them with NO EXPLANATION !!!!!!! on how they cheated except with a vague email (WHICH TELLS YOU NOTHING) is the worst customer support. I would not recommend this or any other Ubisoft title to any friend of mine if this is the norm for your company.

Adomus71
06-14-2016, 12:20 AM
Well to say some of what you say is true or for that matter all of it is true but I can tell you right now your tools aren't accurate. Case in point I just receive a 14 DAY BAN TODAY
I promptly reached out to customer service as I do not cheat nor will I ever cheat as it ruins the experience for myself as I like a challenge being it getting loot or defeating an objective.
In the email I received I was given no reason for the ban or the day the time frame in which the alleged cheat occurred. I asked the support rep for details and he said he didn't have to provide them under the terms of service agreement which to me is complete BS. I paid for this game and I paid for the season pass and I deserve justification as to why I am being banned. I am not asking for access to their tools but if they say I cheated then telling me the exploit and when or how often I used it wouldn't be news to me or telling me the gear I got from said cheat or so on and so on. instead I got a cop out answer from some guy on chat. Then he had the nerve to tell me I could file and appeal but to do so I would have to provide video evidence of what I think they might think I was doing to cheat. Tell me how that makes any sense. And I do not record any of my play sessions so give your head a shake Ubisoft.
The irony of all of this is we as consumers pay good money out of our pockets for unfinished buggy products and we get the privilege of being permanent beta testers for these companies well they hide behind their EULA and there Terms of Service agreements well we as consumers have no recourse for anything they do. Things such as down time in a paid MMO or playing a buggy game that makes the experience less than desirable.
We all know the glitches in the game they are widely talked about online and if players choose to use them that is their choice. I myself am not aware of any cheats that affect the ability to perform better in PVP however but I am sure they are out there. So the question I have for everyone including the devs is if the game has a bug that allows a player to bypass or make something easier and the player uses this bug is that really cheating? I am putting this question out there just for debate really because a lot of people would argue that if that bugged code was in a finished ( release to gold ) product then it can not be considered a cheat and it is the responsibility of the developer to patch the issue instead of passing the buck as it were. This same question since my ban has been sent to several major editors in the industry for their feedback and consideration as this has been an industry wide problem for far to long and the consumer gets the raw deal.
Developers need to do better testing and Q/A or take onus for issues and patch and stop calling their problematic code cheating maybe.
Now let the Ranting begin or will my post get yanked

Hi,

TheWasian_OwO
06-14-2016, 02:34 AM
Appeal? According to ALL the posts of the forum there is no possibility of that. Support people don't want to say what you have done and says "prove that you have not hacked".

I don't know if it is real, but ALL the posts say same.

In adittion Natchai_Ubisoft said that you can't be banned only for being in a group with a hacker. Read before say to someone that a question is pointless.

The actual hacker is still playing I never requested that someone be banned for grouping with a hacker, way to read into something and make an assumption.

Also using confirmation bias of people that are aggravated they got banned for potentially hacking is a pathetic excuse to hide behind saying the appeal process doesn't work, the fact is it is there and it can be used, even Natchai commented on the appeal process "4) Players requesting for appeals that are reasonable get reviewed again by our developers. There have been overturned bans, but they are pretty rare as most times the team finds that cheats have in fact been used, even upon closer inspection"

Point still stands your question was pointless and even your comment on the appeals was answered, read the thread before commenting.

CFF-Salvo
06-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Is this mainly a pc issue? I have not come across any issues of cheaters on my ps4 yet.

manthaoX
06-15-2016, 05:32 AM
Do we a section that has the banned players? or even the ones who had offenses but are not yet banned?

tushisanshao
06-15-2016, 07:17 AM

I also DOUBT the these four notes because I was banned for 14 days. For appeal process, I think that is really joke.

As I for example, I ticketed appeal process to supports. and I got answer below:
-

My mailbox is still have nothing to details the reason why I was banned.

well, if this "Being banned by being in a group with a cheater: Doesn't happen. The system only checks individual accounts and doesn't account for things that happen in group. I.e. if cheats aren't detected on your account, you won't get banned by being in a group with a cheater." is true, why i was banned.

P3zZeR8
06-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Thank you for keeping us apprised on the situation. I am looking forward to one day venturing back into the DZ in an attempt to regain some dignity lol. For now I have been enjoying logging in a few days a week to do the daily and weekly missions/HVT. Especially enjoying the HVT missions and would very much like to see level 32 mods added to the loot table for the hardest of HVT missions, maybe even adding it as a chance to drop from Challenging mode daily missions.

Keep up the great work!

Cinder_One
06-17-2016, 06:04 AM
Hi,

I have a huge discrepancy with the comments that you have made in your post, and 3 of them which are so far from the truth it is unreal.

You stated that: "the only people getting banned are so because cheats have been detected repeatedly and regularly." <-- That couldn't be further from the truth!
I was banned for ZERO Reasons!
I do NOT EVER use the in game chat
I DO NOT EVER use Voice Chat
I Do NOT EVER "talk, converse, text, type,or chat" with ANYONE in the game whatsoever. Yet I have been Banned.

I DO NOT EVER use cheat programs to play this game, Nor will I ever, yet I WAS BANNED.
Your representatives said "PROVE" that I wasn't cheating, so I did!
I SENT Your Company a RECORD of ALL PROGRAMS that run on this Computer (on June 15, 2016)
I Sent Your Company a RECORD of ALL PROGRAMS THAT HAVE EVER RUN on (THIS BRAND SPANKING NEW COMPUTER) on (June 15,2016).
Which PROVES to them my COMPLETE UTTER INNOCENCE, and PROVES that NOT ONCE, EVER, have I Cheated!

This is a brand new computer, and all files have been sent to your Company, JUST TO PROVE TO YOU the FACT that NO CHEATS have ever been used, and as of right this minute the 14 day ban is still on this account.
You Have the PROOF, that YOU WRONGFULLY BANNED Me. Enough with the nonsense, and lies.

You also stated: "We are of course continuously optimizing our tools to constantly adapt and detect the latest cheat methods," If this were the case then YOUR SYSTEM SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, that is was banning an HONEST Player, A NON CHEATER, A NON HACKER, A NON GLITCHER... or what ever else you refer to them as.

You also said: "while also making sure to limit the risks of false positives" Making sure to LIMIT the RISKS of FALSE POSITIVES? HA!, That's yet another NON-RUTH Spoken, as I've been BANNED, and was FALSELY accused of cheating.

I Sure Wish that Someone there would take the time to consider the hundreds of FALSE BANS (I've seen people complaining about), and do so Honest to Goodness Research, and find out WHY these False Bans are Occurring. Rather than spitting out some rubbish, and gargle from a pre-typed article, copied and pasted here in this forum too.

Does ANYONE, bother to truly research the claims of being falsely banned? Because I assure you my Ban was 110% incorrect, and I've even given you the documents (Computer files) from my PC to PROVE my innocence.

For the life of me, I cannot even understand how anyone could think this is acceptable business practices.
And I CANNOT understand how your Company is allowing these FALSE BANS to take place. It just does not make any sense to me.
Someone behind the scenes at UBISOFT has the Power, and the Ability to FIX all of this, but it seems that Not a Single soul is willing to go that extra Mile to make sure that the Honest, Righteous, Honorable, and Worthy are not discriminated against with such false claims of cheating.

From the Hundreds and Hundreds of Posts that I've seen (yes I researched for days, trying to figure out why I was banned), there are FAR, FAR too many people who have been FALSELY BANNED, for your "Systems, and Check Points" to be working "PROPERLY", and yet Not a single soul is willing to rectify the problem behind the scenes at Ubisoft? Pffft.... I'm irritated, and angry, and EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED.

Fry the CHEATERS, Not the Honorable Players. That's the WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE!

Cinder_One
06-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Pardon my Typos, it should read

Pardon my Typos, it should read: "yet another NON-TRUTH"
And it also should read: "do some Honest to Goodness Research"

P3zZeR8
06-20-2016, 04:13 PM
I have a huge discrepancy with the comments that you have made in your post, and 3 of them which are so far from the truth it is unreal.

You stated that: "the only people getting banned are so because cheats have been detected repeatedly and regularly." <-- That couldn't be further from the truth!
I Do NOT EVER "talk, converse, text, type,or chat" with ANYONE in the game whatsoever. Yet I have been Banned.

I DO NOT EVER use cheat programs to play this game, Nor will I ever, yet I WAS BANNED.
I SENT Your Company a RECORD of ALL PROGRAMS that run on this Computer (on June 15, 2016)
I Sent Your Company a RECORD of ALL PROGRAMS THAT HAVE EVER RUN on (THIS BRAND SPANKING NEW COMPUTER) on (June 15,2016).
Which PROVES to them my COMPLETE UTTER INNOCENCE, and PROVES that NOT ONCE, EVER, have I Cheated!

This is a brand new computer, and all files have been sent to your Company, JUST TO PROVE TO YOU the FACT that NO CHEATS have ever been used, and as of right this minute the 14 day ban is still on this account.
You Have the PROOF, that YOU WRONGFULLY BANNED Me. Enough with the nonsense, and lies.

You also stated: "We are of course continuously optimizing our tools to constantly adapt and detect the latest cheat methods," If this were the case then YOUR SYSTEM SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, that is was banning an HONEST Player, A NON CHEATER, A NON HACKER, A NON GLITCHER... or what ever else you refer to them as.

You also said: "while also making sure to limit the risks of false positives" Making sure to LIMIT the RISKS of FALSE POSITIVES? HA!, That's yet another NON-RUTH Spoken, as I've been BANNED, and was FALSELY accused of cheating.

I Sure Wish that Someone there would take the time to consider the hundreds of FALSE BANS (I've seen people complaining about), and do so Honest to Goodness Research, and find out WHY these False Bans are Occurring. Rather than spitting out some rubbish, and gargle from a pre-typed article, copied and pasted here in this forum too.

Does ANYONE, bother to truly research the claims of being falsely banned? Because I assure you my Ban was 110% incorrect, and I've even given you the documents (Computer files) from my PC to PROVE my innocence.

For the life of me, I cannot even understand how anyone could think this is acceptable business practices.
And I CANNOT understand how your Company is allowing these FALSE BANS to take place. It just does not make any sense to me.
Someone behind the scenes at UBISOFT has the Power, and the Ability to FIX all of this, but it seems that Not a Single soul is willing to go that extra Mile to make sure that the Honest, Righteous, Honorable, and Worthy are not discriminated against with such false claims of cheating.

From the Hundreds and Hundreds of Posts that I've seen (yes I researched for days, trying to figure out why I was banned), there are FAR, FAR too many people who have been FALSELY BANNED, for your "Systems, and Check Points" to be working "PROPERLY", and yet Not a single soul is willing to rectify the problem behind the scenes at Ubisoft? Pffft.... I'm irritated, and angry, and EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED.

This has never happened to any of the people I play with on PS4.

WoNDeR..
06-21-2016, 12:20 AM
I agree with this guy and I'm in the same boat. I sent in a help ticket to customer service and it was the worst experience ever. I was banned for 2 weeks after 1.2 came out and all they said was I violated the terms and service and my ticket was categorized as "Cheating". Which is complete ********.

You wrote May 24, 2016 at 04:40 PM EDT
Is this a joke?

Sharif @Ubisoft Support May 24, 2016 at 04:50 PM EDT
Thank you for contacting us.
The ban applied on your account has been taken to preserve the play experience for others following recurring actions detected on your account which are in direct breach of our Code of Conduct. You will therefore be unable to play the game for 14 days from the start of the ban. Any future breach of the Code of Conduct will lead to a permanent ban. To avoid losing permanent access to the game, please familiarize yourself with the Code of Conduct of Tom Clancy's The Division, you will be able to find it on our official forums:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1406653-Code-of-Conduct?

Please note we cannot communicate on the actions detected on your account but all sanctions are the result of a thorough investigation following a detection by our tools.

Thank you for your understanding,

The Tom Clancy's The Division Team​

You wrote May 24, 2016 at 04:57 PM EDT
You just repeated the same contents as the email. And the subject has been changed to "cheating" when I haven't done such a thing unless you consider "glitching" to fall under that category even though I haven't glitched anything in this game since the release of Falcon Lost and it was before suspensions were threatened.

Sharif @Ubisoft Support May 24, 2016 at 05:10 PM EDT
I have escalated your account to the team responsible for the ban issued on your account. They will review the evidence used to determine your ban and make a final decision. If they choose to revert your sanction, you will regain access to the server. Support will not have any further information after the appeal has been submitted. Thank you for your patience during this time. ​

You wrote May 28, 2016 at 06:40 PM EDT
4 days later still no reply. Cool...

You wrote Jun 03, 2016 at 04:14 PM EDT
This company is a joke, holy crap. It's unbelievable how the gaming industry works now. They take our money and pretty much screw the customers over. Good job "customer support". This stupid 2 week ban is almost up and not a single damn thing has been done

Sharif @Ubisoft Support Jun 03, 2016 at 04:21 PM EDT
Please carefully read this email, which was sent to you already.

-They will review the evidence used to determine your ban and make a final decision.
-If they CHOOSE to revert your sanction, you will regain access to the server.
-Support will NOT have any further information after the appeal has been submitted.

Thank you for your patience during this time. My apologies for any inconvenience.

You wrote Jun 03, 2016 at 04:28 PM EDT
I read the email. Maybe you should carefully see that my ban date is almost up. What's the point now if my sanction gets reversed even though I did nothing wrong. By the time my ban expires on Tuesday, I would have already lost 2 weeks worth of game play on top of the fact the 1.2 patch came out which I have yet to experience. I didn't drop $100 on this game just to be banned from it. I am very pissed off with how terrible this was handled.

Sharif @Ubisoft Support Jun 03, 2016 at 04:29 PM EDT
Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

You wrote Jun 03, 2016 at 04:31 PM EDT
And that's your response to that? Is there a number I can contact to reach a supervisor because now I've completely lost my patience with this company and you lack any skill to call yourself "customer support" by that response.

Sharif @Ubisoft Support Jun 03, 2016 at 04:44 PM EDT
As it turns out, we don't have that option to call a supervisor. However, I can transfer you to their email.

Till this day, I have yet to get a response from anyone from the team looking over that ban If I mention the supervisor, then no **** I want their contact information. I didn't get compensated for the 2 weeks I was unable to play this game I paid $99 for. It was complete horse ****. During that same week, a buddy of mine got banned as well and he just started playing the game.

ImaniTyl
06-21-2016, 07:51 AM

I really agree with you bro because i was BANNED with no REASON too. I was banned on 8 June and I contacted with support in next day is 9 June and untill now I don't have any respond from the support that told me; he will following my case...... 2 weeks with my ID was permanent BAN. I really want to know what kind of reason do you banned me. I don't want to know just a word of code of conduct and i have my evidence too that is my appeal but, it still not responding.

https://youtu.be/e10ZZAvPYNo
This is game play 1 day before i was BANNED. I'll ask you a question what kind of reason that you ban me? I spend 9 Hrs everyday to farm the guns, gears this your respond? BANNED?

Geeneeral11
06-23-2016, 02:18 AM
peremptory ban the first time i used cheats ??!!!!
this is not fair.... :/

WoNDeR..
06-23-2016, 05:31 AM

Cheats aren't fair.

FlynnMacFlon
06-23-2016, 12:04 PM

Tough. You used cheats , so you are a cheat and deserve a ban.

As for false positives. They stated they were REDUCING the chance of false positive not removing.

And the CS isnt with the game developers its with Ubisoft. Are you guys all new to gaming cause its well known they are the worst CS around. Stating "you will be contacted no more than xx hours etc" and then its days, is always the norm with them. I once waited 27 days and even then they claimed they didnt understand .

NitroMidgets
06-23-2016, 11:53 PM
I am still waiting for help with my issue.
My email and Uplay were hacked, soon as I found out I changed my passwords. About an hour later I get a 14 day ban. I contacted support, just over 24hrs later I get a response and that was a week and a half ago without an update or response.

I will give credit where it is due, the CM's tried to assist me. They couldn't even get any forward progress with my case.

I tried the Live Chat function and it was useless as the person I talked to said they only deal with Technical issues.
I figured it would have been a simple matter of checking IP addresses for who did what. I was wrong it seems. By the time they figure it out, my suspension will be over.
I can see how others would feel like there is no accountability on Ubisofts end.

It took DE who runs Warframe 4hrs to get my account sorted out and restored. Not only did they lift the ban but they restored my account to reverse any damage done.

TMF-SilentDeath
06-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Must

TMF-SilentDeath
06-27-2016, 04:16 PM

Huge thx ubisoft keep the bans comeing if u cheat in games 7 deserve death in real life.

Division_Wins
06-29-2016, 05:58 AM
THANK YOU for taking action against cheaters.

DVM Moody
06-29-2016, 07:15 PM
You know what would be really cool, Instead of banning these player sentence their accounts to be permanently assigned to a cheaters only server. That way they can cheat all they want and only be able to play against other cheaters. I beleive the original Dark Souls game did something similar.

Either way, I think permabans are the best course of action. I have to commend Ubisoft for protecting their intellectual property from being used against the dictated aggrements of use.

FlashXAron
06-30-2016, 10:24 AM
You know what would be really cool, Instead of banning these player sentence their accounts to be permanently assigned to a cheaters only server. That way they can cheat all they want and only be able to play against other cheaters. I beleive the original Dark Souls game did something similar.

Either way, I think permabans are the best course of action. I have to commend Ubisoft for protecting their intellectual property from being used against the dictated aggrements of use.

Let that DAMN cheaters play against each other ...

and for sure that cheaters are the biggest liars also.
Catch a liar and he will tell you even a more idiotic story , even when you tell him that couldn't be true, he will tell you an even bigger lie !

pfccwd
07-01-2016, 03:49 AM
if your wanting to improve "the player experience" then here's your first step

1. LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYER BASE AND MAKE THE PROPER CHANGES

if you fail any of these steps you will lose even more players now and in the future especially when Wildlands is coming out

TMF-SilentDeath
07-01-2016, 11:53 PM
CHEATERS are terrible scum of the earth that deserve all the bad things in life cough to happen to them. And those that try to claim there friend is not a cheater you are worse. And im certain you have the ability to look at the code and tell they are full of it thx. They are still insta one shot killing in the dz and teleporting and glitching gear it is just not as rampent. They need to make it against the law and start prosecuteing cheaters and then it will change. I will def convict for the fire =ing squad. cheaters deserve death...

m1crobra1n
07-02-2016, 11:02 AM
CHEATERS are terrible scum of the earth that deserve all the bad things in life cough to happen to them. And those that try to claim there friend is not a cheater you are worse. And im certain you have the ability to look at the code and tell they are full of it thx. They are still insta one shot killing in the dz and teleporting and glitching gear it is just not as rampent. They need to make it against the law and start prosecuteing cheaters and then it will change. I will def convict for the fire =ing squad. cheaters deserve death...

Very hard is to tell who is cheating and who is not.
Yesterday i got my sniper to 144K DPS but sometimes i get 1 million damage by shooting a npc.
One guy in my friend list made hes stats to be focused only on marksman rifle and he single shots down everyone in PVP.
So because he understands what he does on he's gear and know how to make he's gun a powerful thing he is been called cheater by everyone.
You would call him cheater to cause from your point of view it's not possible that there are people who have skill and i dont mean the game feature skill.

Skill is what you get from experience in gaming. Your aiming skill and so on.
When i were younger i played a lot of counter strike and i were in a clan that did clan wars.
We were playing online shooter game when we had even a 56k modem. Games that were before quake and so on.
The first shooter online games i mean. So we have experience on aiming and shooting and moving and so on.
This experience of using sound to understand where someone is running and so on.

This generation young people do not understand these things so for them this is impossible and there for must be a cheater.

If you youse AR then make cloves for AR damage and build everything to be based on critical hit chance or damage.
The more % or crit chance you have the more critical damage you can hit,
I have 6% of crit chance but i have 170% critical hit damage and my 144K DPS first wave m1a 204GS does mostly 500K damage to bots with critical hit damage.
With critical hit chance it sometimes does 1 million damage. so bassically if you have more critical hit chance you will get more cirical hit damage and you can take out 1 shot everyone.

That does not mean you are cheating or glitching.

Even i have been called teleporter in this game in DZ. And that was not a cheat. I just were in a sh!t server that lagged so hard that picture freeze for a second or 2 and then fast moved.
That looks like teleporting to others.

NitroMidgets
07-13-2016, 10:29 PM
Since a month has past without Ubisoft providing any customer support then I call BS on their ban system. You suspended me for fifteen days not two weeks as you said it was after my account was hacked into. A Community Manager could not get any help on the matter, I tried Live Chat, email and I called Customer Support. They just said my case was sent on to another office to be reviewed. That was a month ago. How backed up are they? At this point if you can't provide customer support in a reasonable amount of time, which a month counts as then you should just stop banning people. You take too long to look into anything or never do.
I am told that it is with the other office, no they can't provide any contact info for that office, no they can't simply forward my call to them. I am just left to wait until the sun burns out before they looked into it. I had a feeling the two weeks would end before they got back to me. I did think it was odd that Ubisoft doesn't count the day that it went into effect so it ends up being 15 days rather then 14. I had to laugh when another person at Ubisoft couldn't get any progress on my case.

You provide no way to dispute it. If you want accountability on the players part then you need some as well.
Others were actually told to prove they didn't cheat. Unless you record every playing session ever then you are just SOL. Not that it would matter as they won't even tell you who, what, when, where or why they banned you so in effect you have no way to prove you didn't.

I canceled my pre-order for Wildlands. I no longer trust Ubisoft since they can't provide a basic thing like Customer Support.

If you insist on banning people then at least allow the games to be played offline. Hell, allow mods offline as well. The community can probably come up with some decent content with less bugs and it would be more enjoyable.

Vogue666
07-14-2016, 09:31 AM
Nice. What about the list with exploits? Where is it?

More and more wall riders
People going rogue getting to man hunt and diving into walls and being untouchable in the dark zone so frustrating

BaoZi-
07-14-2016, 09:41 AM
Well, i would not call all you are whiner, but to be fair, this is how Big Corp. works now days. see? they have their "rules" of the terms to play the part.

For example, so many department that bounce your question to Mars, you will never find some one could deal your problem, because there is no one to look at,

It brings me the memory of World of warcraft, in the very beginning of the stage of WOW. the customer support team, i would give 10 out of 10, their response time and service attitude was brilliant, help you in no time, and sort out any issue you have,i was even been a little bit naughty after they restored my account which has been hacked and to keep the duplication items which has been restored by the support team. aka. GM. but look now days?. you will be lucky you have the response with in 7 days. and problem be fixed?. for ever. never never. bah...

What can we say to be honest?.

I would not guess, or assume the UBIsoft just ban people because that was a quick $99 in their pocket, it sounds silly, but it keep bring me to that direction from Ubi's reaction from the players. how hard to just show them your evidence? i understood you believed in your software and believed in your devs team, that your not doubt their work. but your keep getting these problem of false banning players.how hard just to show then and shut them up?.

At end of the day, we: players, customers," was never a important part of Ubisoft focus, we are just Ubisoft's ATM, that they just focus on how to get the money out of our pocket, and other BS?. like you have been banned or you have been mistreated as cheater, who cares?, clearly Ubisoft dose not.

I would say: man up, and sue the company, but hey, who would really gonna to sue the Giant Company like Ubisoft for just $99 game?..

My conclusion is: take it or leave it, Ubisoft will never short on their "ATM"s, and you will never be treated as a honest customer, so take the fact they give you, or leave this sxxx hxxx.

Anyway. based on how many player"customer" they have in hand, we probably not attended in time because their high value of queues etc. but to be honest, it dose not matter. this will keep happening and the BS will gose on. so long Ubisoft. and "ATM"s.

A looser from a cheater in the game out,

P.S.: this is a great game we can not denied The Division is a great fps game for the time been, but really. just the customer team kills it..

augeaz
07-14-2016, 01:15 PM
Hi,

Hi,

I have a friend who lost any hope of getting his account back.

I cannot say for certain if he was using any hacks or not but I know he did get banned back in the time when you were issuing bans on a first occasion for 14 days.
Despite trying hard to sort out the situation with the support he did not manage to get the case reviewed and 14 days passed and he got his account back.
Couple of weeks after he got his character back he decided to purchase the Season Pass.
Few days after that he disappeared again from the game with a permanent ban.
Apparently support cannot do much since the system flagged him and any future contact in regards to this issue will yield the same outcome.

Now I cannot say if he cheated or not.
I can tell he swears he did not.
I can tell he is not that dumb to cheat after 14 days initial ban and spending extra money being excited to see the new expansion.

Is that really the end of his carrier as The Division agent?

NitroMidgets
07-16-2016, 01:21 AM
Randy @ Ubisoft Support
July 14, 2016 10:30 AM

The ban has been lifted we are sorry for the inconvenience.

That was the response I got from Support after waiting one month and one day for them to look at my case.
That, was, BS.
I got labeled a cheater, lost access to the game for two weeks and that is the response. You can say I am beyond annoyed at this point.

iGreek_GR
07-16-2016, 10:16 PM
Wow, still there are some cheaters (using hacking tools) and travel anywhere with no clipping for their character AND their shots. Full group and we got killed from a cheater today (few hours ago) and lost only our green items(set gear). I reported him , same did all my group members hopping from Ubi to ban him. It was nasty and remind me the first weeks of the chaos in this game...I really hope that we won't return to that situation or DZ is a dead zone..

T0ECUTTER1470
07-17-2016, 11:52 AM
How is it that players with a gear score of 221 are still getting in to other lower brackets ? ...the same ****** bag player CK22079 every time running around turning rogue and attacking everyone who he knows cant match him in that zone but still seems to keep getting away with it ....its time you the developers admins or what ever you are did something about these kind of players once and for all before they drive everyone away from the game completely ....its getting out of hand now .

T0ECUTTER1470
07-17-2016, 11:56 AM
How is it that players with a gear score of 221 are still getting in to other lower brackets ? ...the same ****** bag player CK22079 every time running around turning rogue and attacking everyone who he knows cant match him in that zone but still seems to keep getting away with it ....its time you the developers admins or what ever you are did something about these kind of players once and for all before they drive everyone away from the game completely ....its getting out of hand now .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1567899400182690&set=ms.c.eJwzNDUzt7C0NDEwMLQwMrM00DOECBhZggTMDQwBc 5wGxQ~-~-.bps.a.1567830306856266.1073741833.100008879343994&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1567899290182701&set=ms.c.eJwzNDUzt7C0NDEwMLQwMrM00DOECBhZggTMDQwBc 5wGxQ~-~-.bps.a.1567830306856266.1073741833.100008879343994&type=3&theater

StrayMastermind
07-21-2016, 04:52 PM
Oh I can explain that one for you, keeping some lower rank gear to adjust your gear score before going in. Once in you can put your gear back on, I've been hearing alot about this practice as a way to hit up the lower ranking players as easy pray. Unless they put some sort of gear lock system into place that locks in gear when entering the DZ you'll see alot of people doing this.

Thiag0BR
07-22-2016, 05:10 PM
About 3 weeks ago there was a guy named "Kristo33" in the DZ just taking everyone out by himself, I there was my group of 4 and 3 more guys fighting him and he just killed everyone, no looks like that cheaters aren't being detected banned.

T0ECUTTER1470
07-23-2016, 11:02 AM
Good to see Ubisoft or who ever is in charge of banning players doing there job ......same player CK22079 is still running around a week later doing the exact same thing with out a care in the world ..I like many others have payed to play this game ....paid for the season pass bought all the add ons for this game only to have Ubisoft let players who clearly cheat bend the rules what ever you want to call it get away with this and ruin the game for everyone else ..

alckipone
07-24-2016, 08:50 PM
can any one tell me how to hack this it seems to be the only way forward

dragonassbabe
07-26-2016, 12:30 AM
deadeye exploit is not fixed. please fix in a hurry.1 million plus dps.

mickysc
07-26-2016, 12:33 AM
that's what dz became..these guys were killing/stickybombing to rank 5 and running in there..our game got ruined for almost 2 hours.
https://s32.postimg.org/lpbmekopt/Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_20160725195444.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/lpbmekopt/)
https://s31.postimg.org/gnr02aduf/Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_20160725195501.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/gnr02aduf/)
https://s31.postimg.org/jxo9bfcif/Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_20160725201003.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/jxo9bfcif/)

T0ECUTTER1470
07-27-2016, 09:47 AM
People who play the game like that should just be removed banned and forgotten about ...they bring absolutely nothing to the game at all and get off on exploiting glitches using hacks and what ever else they can find to just feel like a badass when clearly all they are is just plain arseholes... .

bobwalt
07-27-2016, 03:10 PM
People who play the game like that should just be removed banned and forgotten about ...they bring absolutely nothing to the game at all and get off on exploiting glitches using hacks and what ever else they can find to just feel like a badass when clearly all they are is just plain arseholes... .

They are nothing but cyber bullies and should be treated as such.

HellHound1226
07-29-2016, 11:51 PM
I played yesterday and was in a 4 man team, we came across a guy named efxgod or godofefx and he was just unkillable, would not die with for people shooting point blank head shots with pulse active and turrets firing at him all at same time. he was glitching in and out of conex box or green cargo box by south side entrace to most southern extraction site on right side of dz.... he killed us all several times before we tried to change servers. toour amazment he was in the next 2 servers we entered..explain that considering myself and 2 other members on team were levell 99 gear score 255 running at least 350000 toughness plus and 200000 plus dps??? my gamertag is hellhound1226 on xbox one please help and fix and find a way to fix rogues ambushing players coming out of safe houses and check points

groff77
08-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Honestly I'm not sure Massive/Ubisoft knows what to do. I suspect that they would need to rewrite the client side completely to correct many of these current issues. I think that there is turmoil in Massive/Ubisoft. I dont think they have a direction right now, I do not think they have any plan on how to correct the issues in front of them. Im not even sure they have any incentive to make those corrections because they have our money. Since they do not discuss any specific ban info (I dont mean users names) on a monthly or weekly basis how do we as users even know they are banning anyone really.

onenightnparis
08-09-2016, 11:02 AM
that's what dz became..these guys were killing/stickybombing to rank 5 and running in there..our game got ruined for almost 2 hours.
https://s32.postimg.org/lpbmekopt/Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_20160725195444.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/lpbmekopt/)
https://s31.postimg.org/gnr02aduf/Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_20160725195501.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/gnr02aduf/)
https://s31.postimg.org/jxo9bfcif/Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_20160725201003.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/jxo9bfcif/)

Administration's office, DZ 06 Extraction Hotel, ground floor

I'm sure Massive needs that, lol

J.Pieterse
08-10-2016, 07:43 PM
They dont even care haha they've been like this since ever ...you already bought the game, all their pvp games are cheater invested just to start with, is the last game I bought from this ****ing thugs

J.Pieterse
08-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Cheaters never admits haha I personally know cheaters on other games but they would never admits they cheats not even to their close friends

alckipone
08-11-2016, 10:05 PM
i think its massive and ubisoft that are the biggest cheaters thats why they dont fix anything and make us struggle more and more

NitroMidgets
08-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Cheaters never admits haha I personally know cheaters on other games but they would never admits they cheats not even to their close friends

I would agree. However when you are wrongly accused by Ubisoft you have essentially no way to prove otherwise. I had multiple posts about my experience with Ubisoft. It took just over a month but eventually they would only say sorry for the inconvenience. They would even say what they were accusing me of, when it happened, how it happened, the IP address used or anything else. Granted I knew what my issue was. My Uplay was hacked along with my email. Even with that it took more then a month. If you were accused because their Fair Play system thought you had too many head shots, you'd be screwed because they wouldn't even tell you that much. By never telling you what you did you have no way to prove your side even if you did record or stream each session. Guilty until you give up trying to prove your innocent. That seems to be the system they are using.

MattMcI1966
08-19-2016, 07:30 AM
What is been done to deal with the use of High End Gear below level 30.

There are so many now its beyond a joke.

The game for lower level DZ is just as broken as 231 yet I see no notices of action to be taken to address this or dress the cheating hoards

Kissala
08-19-2016, 08:14 AM
I would agree. However when you are wrongly accused by Ubisoft you have essentially no way to prove otherwise. I had multiple posts about my experience with Ubisoft. It took just over a month but eventually they would only say sorry for the inconvenience. They would even say what they were accusing me of, when it happened, how it happened, the IP address used or anything else. Granted I knew what my issue was. My Uplay was hacked along with my email. Even with that it took more then a month. If you were accused because their Fair Play system thought you had too many head shots, you'd be screwed because they wouldn't even tell you that much. By never telling you what you did you have no way to prove your side even if you did record or stream each session. Guilty until you give up trying to prove your innocent. That seems to be the system they are using.

What kind of proof you had to give Ubi that your account and email were really hacked? I mean it would be real easy just to hack n play from different IP, and then when caught just claim that they were hacked.

In case you did not have to proof it in any way, I would say you got out easily.

NitroMidgets
08-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Ah, there goes the blanket defense of a non-existant system. They would have seen the IP used, that the Uplay password was changed. People like you actually expect people to prove they didn't do something. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
They don't even tell most people what they did wrong, when they did it or how they did it. Without that, how in the **** do you expect somebody to prove they didn't do something? Don't go saying it would expose how they detect it because that is a **** defense. We all know it is a form of punk buster or Fair Play that they use for in game cheating.
I tried to self report, the morning it happened. I made a thread about not having a way to report it. The CM's here closed that thread without even addressing the issue. One CM agreed that it should have been easy to look into and correct. DE did it with Warframe. They are a smaller company and got my account fixed really fast. I couldn't even talk to the people who were supposed to be looking into it.

Oh and if a person is going to hack the game then they are already using a hacked account with a stolen copy of the game. They aren't going to lose anything.

Kissala
08-19-2016, 10:55 PM
Ah, there goes the blanket defense of a non-existant system. They would have seen the IP used, that the Uplay password was changed. People like you actually expect people to prove they didn't do something. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
They don't even tell most people what they did wrong, when they did it or how they did it. Without that, how in the **** do you expect somebody to prove they didn't do something? Don't go saying it would expose how they detect it because that is a **** defense. We all know it is a form of punk buster or Fair Play that they use for in game cheating.
I tried to self report, the morning it happened. I made a thread about not having a way to report it. The CM's here closed that thread without even addressing the issue. One CM agreed that it should have been easy to look into and correct. DE did it with Warframe. They are a smaller company and got my account fixed really fast. I couldn't even talk to the people who were supposed to be looking into it.

Oh and if a person is going to hack the game then they are already using a hacked account with a stolen copy of the game. They aren't going to lose anything.

I was not defending anything. I was merely saying how easy it would be to cheat from one IP and then say it was not me and I have no idea who that girl was in my bed.

Always say something good so: You are extremely good with words that say nothing about issue itself.

I do not defend UBI when they left out reason for bans. I would like them all to be PUBLIC for everyone to see. I am sure you would like the same.

Kissala
08-19-2016, 11:32 PM
Just to be sure. Are you certain it was not you that picked up your laptop and went to neighbour to use it in their wifi, just to get another IP? Are you sure it was not you that used their wifi and inserted your own passwords for Uplay and you email? Are you absolutely certain that it was not you that hacked the hell out of the game?

In case you are not absolutely sure, then maybe it would be time to shut the feckup and stop accusing Ubi from false bans.

Countless are the ways to get other IP even when sitting in your own computer only, so I have no idea what that should prove anyway.

NitroMidgets
08-19-2016, 11:48 PM
I don't bother with a laptop. Too much money for one to simply be passable. I use a gaming desktop that I built.
It wasn't our wifi either.

You can search though for people who received a ban for logging into their Uplay from a friends house. It didn't even require downloading anything. Just logging in.

They have had false bans. They have admitted as much. There has even been articles written about their false bans for other games. One person got a ban for cheating in a game they didn't even own. My sig even has the response I got from Ubisoft after a month and one day. They made a mistake. Imagine that. I know, that will conflict with some peoples ideas that the system is fool proof.

Comment removed

You are just searching for an excuse when you otherwise have nothing to add other then some fanboy response for Ubisoft. I have owned Ubisoft games for a very long time. Never had this issue until now.

Even if I provided video evidence I was somewhere else when it happened and affidavits from witnesses it wouldn't be enough for some.

Ja0_81
08-22-2016, 01:02 PM
What is been done to deal with the use of High End Gear below level 30.

There are so many now its beyond a joke.

The game for lower level DZ is just as broken as 231 yet I see no notices of action to be taken to address this or dress the cheating hoards

I totally second this. Me and some friends got really sick of the higher levels and the too much gear to choose from. So we started some low level 1-14 characters and most of the time running around chasing rouges. We discovered that there are a lot of players who has gone back to this "cleaner" state of the game. But the ones using gear glitch are really destroying the game. We have reported them on every encounter but it's a shame that it's not being **** done about the ones who had already exploited the gear glitch.

I'm not saying you should ban them because from start it's not a cheat, they took advantage of a glitch that was in an earlier version. But it's a damned shame that they are allowed to keep using this gear. You should at least remove the gear that they are using and that was acquired thru the glitch.

Black_Widow9
08-27-2016, 09:23 PM
Please make sure if you suspect someone of cheating that you are reporting them through the appropriate channels and not naming and shaming on the Forums.
Reporting a cheater (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1416197)

Thanks

alckipone
08-30-2016, 09:57 PM
you support the cheating its probably youse that are implementing the cheats thats why you blink and the bugs that help the players are fixed the issues that beat the players theres no hurry to fix . if we report cheats nothing happens . best bet bin this game no longer worth the hassle and the devs are clueless

groff77
09-08-2016, 10:21 PM
you support the cheating its probably youse that are implementing the cheats thats why you blink and the bugs that help the players are fixed the issues that beat the players theres no hurry to fix . if we report cheats nothing happens . best bet bin this game no longer worth the hassle and the devs are clueless

I agree that Massive and every other game developer fix the bugs that benefit the user base much faster then fixing the actual game bugs. I wouldn't expect a ban for anything right now. There were many user banned before but now they dont have enough user base to ban anymore so I believe reporting issues will not do much other than help them fix bugs going forward. I do not agree to "bin this game" I think it can be saved for sure, I just doubt October is enough time to remotely come close to that. I suspect there will be 2 to 3 more large patches before the game is "fixed"

bannstar
09-12-2016, 07:25 PM
A clear and understandable code of conduct for want of a better term would help the community to understand what is and isn't deemed unacceptable, the CoC would be a work in progress and updated as necessary going forward, this should improve the amount of reports being submitted and help to ensure that those reports that are submitted are more accurate and informative and less likely to result in time wasted for both Ubisoft staff and the gamers/community.

Secondly like GTA 'bad' behaviour people should be put in instances of DZ with other 'bad' behaved agents. Sorry can't think of a better term for it at the moment.

groff77
09-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Well thats all fine and dandy but they have already listed their rules and yet PC hacking is still occuring daily, DZ glitching and GS dropping (both bug exploits) are being done by alot of people out there. Nothing is now being done because Massive hopes they can fix the issues so these problem go away. They are not turning off the golds below level 30 they are not blocking below level 30 agents from bullying the DZs they're in with those golds. With all the reports out there and the videos showing exactly how to do these things, really they have enough examples showing them what to fix and who to ban but it doesnt happen. No fix, no bans, and none of it is listed as and exploit. Embrace it do the "bad stuff" and fix your own experience till they fix their game.

T0ECUTTER1470
09-13-2016, 12:11 PM
6_1587716394867657_1343508223793122712_o

He4toX
09-14-2016, 05:54 PM
1 way u can better the DZ experience is to make it impossible for ****** bags in groups kicking you just to kill you as soon as u met up with "your new group"... cheers

groff77
09-19-2016, 10:09 PM
Yeah I have seen that a few times too, I saw a team of 4 on manhunt kick on and kill him after he was out of the group. Not that he didn't deserve being killed for being a door camping loser but that is still just brutal. I think that ultimately Massive needs to identify the issues and then fix as they can or at least identify what is considered an expoit and re-implement 15, or 30 day bans followed by permanent. For direct PC hacking like god mode, or speed hack or aimbot plus others they need to be an immediate and permanent Ban.

voidec
10-12-2016, 03:08 PM
where to report a player for cheating?Name was mistress... something. she was moving with god speed...

Y3kcim
10-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Well thats all fine and dandy but they have already listed their rules and yet PC hacking is still occuring daily, DZ glitching and GS dropping (both bug exploits) are being done by alot of people out there. Nothing is now being done because Massive hopes they can fix the issues so these problem go away. They are not turning off the golds below level 30 they are not blocking below level 30 agents from bullying the DZs they're in with those golds. With all the reports out there and the videos showing exactly how to do these things, really they have enough examples showing them what to fix and who to ban but it doesnt happen. No fix, no bans, and none of it is listed as and exploit. Embrace it do the "bad stuff" and fix your own experience till they fix their game.

This saddens me! Why can't this be answered?

OkamiSenpaii
10-15-2016, 01:24 AM
Here is a crazy thought, the ability to report hackers. I know ubisoft, unthinkable right?

oldnavy65
10-15-2016, 09:44 PM
Here is a crazy thought, the ability to report hackers. I know ubisoft, unthinkable right?

Heres another crazy thought....perhaps people could check the patch notes for the PTS they would see the ability to report players is on there in 1.4.... I know...unthinkable right!!!

groff77
10-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Heres another crazy thought....perhaps people could check the patch notes for the PTS they would see the ability to report players is on there in 1.4.... I know...unthinkable right!!!

You can report glitchers, exploiters, hackers now with video evidence and guess what... NOTHING HAPPENS! So what makes you think that anything will change. In my opinion there are some issues with the powers that be up high. I think they would rather keep as many people on here as they can including the hackers, glitchers and exploiters because without them the user base is almost all gone.

This is likely why Massive have not updated an exploit or bannable offence list, because if they identify something then they have to act. Right now they have nothing so they do not have to act.

NoSoup.4U
10-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Problem is usually when you see a hacker, its too damn late to record a video, sometimes the hacker is just too far away for you even to see him, except the on screen msg with the name of the ****** that killed you. No matter how many print screens you get, cant prove nothing. One thing is for sure, 99% of the hackers speaks russian or similar. A few chinese too. I have a folder filled with screenshots of nicknames from hackers I've crossed with, useless I know, but at least if I see them near by, I just run to the next checkpoint/saferoom, disconect from the game and go play solitaire...

TexMinimus
10-23-2016, 03:18 AM
Problem is usually when you see a hacker, its too damn late to record a video, sometimes the hacker is just too far away for you even to see him, except the on screen msg with the name of the ****** that killed you. No matter how many print screens you get, cant prove nothing. One thing is for sure, 99% of the hackers speaks russian or similar. A few chinese too. I have a folder filled with screenshots of nicknames from hackers I've crossed with, useless I know, but at least if I see them near by, I just run to the next checkpoint/saferoom, disconect from the game and go play solitaire...

i wonder what do you think is similar to russian. and how do you recognize chinese

Jessa246
11-11-2016, 02:40 PM
When the new The survival get released in full and what i've read and seen in videos already i can see the PvP part being full of cheaters wanting an easy way out of winning the beast gear.

As for the PvE part players will probably find it too hard especially if they fail to find item to survive and even then some will cheat to get passed this.

RKT-Binho069
01-31-2017, 10:39 PM
Ubisoft refuses to show that have an indisputable evidence of cheating.
Since I get banned the first time on a BAD WAVE of BANNING by UBISOFT, they send an e-mail with apologize notice inside, thats ok till I got the Second BAN.
They accusing me that I was Banned by make use os a TUACT VENON X V3 Mouse Turbo Controller and keeps LYING about the TRUTH.
If they REALLY have an indisputable evidence of cheating, they NEED to show that evidence, because LYING against his OWN CONDUCT CODE is CRIME, and on US Lying through LAWS is a FEDERAL CRIME, since I know.
Make USE of a TURBO CONTROLLER is NOT CHEATING.
Show me the indisputable evidence of cheating?
Or UBISOFT HACKS the COSTUMER COMPUTER in order to PUT EVIDENCES on it?
I've already SHOW the CONDUCT CODE, were NEVER SAYS that is FORBIDDEN to use a TURBO CONTROLLER.
This is the picture of the TUACT VENON CONTROLLER SETUP SCREEN and the LINK for the CONDUCT CODE and also were the AGENT says that I was BAN by using a Turbo Controller.
Thats F... ********.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211713220204500&set=pcb.10211713252525308&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211713251885292&set=pcb.10211713252525308&type=3&theater

Lets stopping buying this ****ing Company Games, since they LIE agains players, planting FALSES EVIDENCES for Banning gamers.

iGreek_GR
02-01-2017, 10:44 PM
I've just reported another player, it's really weird IMO why people choose to use cheats like teleport+headshots only+insane dps+god like regardless if they can get banned.

However the best thing to do Ubisoft is to make a list of banned players due to using cheats so they are "marked" being "nasty" players. Fame is something that hackers/cheaters consider and they love to have the most of it, why Ubisoft can't do this list?
It really makes me wonder why so secrecy about cheating and reporting names..

iGreek_GR
02-01-2017, 10:50 PM
To add a so known fact but yet I will say it again,

you say that you keep try to make the game as much enjoyable as possible, yet your auto-finding-cheating-method seems that doesn't do it's work as it should, you say that it's not easy to prove that player is using any cheat and needs evidence..how is that easy for us when you are playing this game and suddenly get instant killed from a cheater? only option we have is ingame report method.

OldGamerGene
02-10-2017, 10:09 PM
OK, I read through all this. Interesting. Only 86 posts about banning cheating players. This would therefor seem a very small problem. Now on to the purpose of my post.

The consumer protection act dictates that if you buy a service (The Division) and that service is withheld, the service provider must provide a reason and evidence to support the reason. There is alot of legal mumbo-jumbo there designed to protect both the service buyer and service provider. UBISoft not providing a reason and evidence seems clearly to violate this. And don't forget, even if the EULA says they don't have to tell you, the law says they do. (And I bet the EULA has another typical clause that says if one part of the EULA is deemed unlawful the rest still is in force.) Hve I read the EULA - nope and don't plan to.

Now, if you have been truly wronged, and believe this is a unlawful conduct of business, you have recourse to use the courts and recourse to get "class action" status. As noted in this thread, big bucks. (Just filing the intent can cost $1000s.) And seeing only 86 posts - that does not seem to provide enough evidence to support a "class" as legally defined. The other recourse is to complain to your congressman or senator - after all they are there in part to serve us and get you help in enforcing the law.

And frankly its not in UBISofts best interest to really piss off the player (service buyer) community. They have many more games they would love to sell you. So I see the banning as a balancing act to show the entire community they are at least trying to keep a level playing field. Will mistakes happen - yep.

Now I hate cheaters as well. My first experience with them was back in the dreamcast days where cheaters used GameSharks to steal inventory. Very annoying and so many left the platform it died.

Posting here complaining about a ban will solve nothing. See recourse's above.

I enjoy this game alot. While I only have 153 hours at it, it has been a great investment ($75 for me and my son). For entertainment value/dollar - nothing beats on-line video gaming. And as I have noted in other forums, if The Division died today - I still got a lot of fun for $75.

To UBI: As to cheaters - ban them. Make the appeal process work. Provide evidence. A cheater can always buy another license...

Agent-Zero-
02-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Since I get banned the first time on a BAD WAVE of BANNING by UBISOFT, they send an e-mail with apologize notice inside, thats ok till I got the Second BAN.
They accusing me that I was Banned by make use os a TUACT VENON X V3 Mouse Turbo Controller and keeps LYING about the TRUTH.
If they REALLY have an indisputable evidence of cheating, they NEED to show that evidence, because LYING against his OWN CONDUCT CODE is CRIME, and on US Lying through LAWS is a FEDERAL CRIME, since I know.
I've already SHOW the CONDUCT CODE, were NEVER SAYS that is FORBIDDEN to use a TURBO CONTROLLER.
This is the picture of the TUACT VENON CONTROLLER SETUP SCREEN and the LINK for the CONDUCT CODE and also were the AGENT says that I was BAN by using a Turbo Controller.
Thats F... ********.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211713220204500&set=pcb.10211713252525308&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211713251885292&set=pcb.10211713252525308&type=3&theater

Lets stopping buying this ****ing Company Games, since they LIE agains players, planting FALSES EVIDENCES for Banning gamers.

Dude, auto fire is totally cheating in my books.

Stop cheating and try playing for real.

Agent-Zero-
02-13-2017, 12:05 AM
OK, I read through all this. Interesting. Only 86 posts about banning cheating players. This would therefor seem a very small problem. Now on to the purpose of my post.

The consumer protection act dictates that if you buy a service (The Division) and that service is withheld, the service provider must provide a reason and evidence to support the reason. There is alot of legal mumbo-jumbo there designed to protect both the service buyer and service provider. UBISoft not providing a reason and evidence seems clearly to violate this. And don't forget, even if the EULA says they don't have to tell you, the law says they do. (And I bet the EULA has another typical clause that says if one part of the EULA is deemed unlawful the rest still is in force.) Hve I read the EULA - nope and don't plan to.

Now, if you have been truly wronged, and believe this is a unlawful conduct of business, you have recourse to use the courts and recourse to get "class action" status. As noted in this thread, big bucks. (Just filing the intent can cost $1000s.) And seeing only 86 posts - that does not seem to provide enough evidence to support a "class" as legally defined. The other recourse is to complain to your congressman or senator - after all they are there in part to serve us and get you help in enforcing the law.

And frankly its not in UBISofts best interest to really piss off the player (service buyer) community. They have many more games they would love to sell you. So I see the banning as a balancing act to show the entire community they are at least trying to keep a level playing field. Will mistakes happen - yep.

Now I hate cheaters as well. My first experience with them was back in the dreamcast days where cheaters used GameSharks to steal inventory. Very annoying and so many left the platform it died.

Posting here complaining about a ban will solve nothing. See recourse's above.

I enjoy this game alot. While I only have 153 hours at it, it has been a great investment ($75 for me and my son). For entertainment value/dollar - nothing beats on-line video gaming. And as I have noted in other forums, if The Division died today - I still got a lot of fun for $75.

To UBI: As to cheaters - ban them. Make the appeal process work. Provide evidence. A cheater can always buy another license...

US law isn't aplicable outside of the US.

So in theory you might be right. Doesn't mean it actually works that way outside of the US.

Solitude-Fr
02-13-2017, 06:07 AM

Of course your a cheater.

Open your eyes and play without any help.

Bye bye ;)

OldGamerGene
02-13-2017, 07:51 AM
US law isn't aplicable outside of the US.

So in theory you might be right. Doesn't mean it actually works that way outside of the US.

True.
But US law guides many. And the posters I reviewed seemed to be US based.
The bottom line is UBISoft does not want to piss off everybody.
...gene

Agent-Zero-
02-13-2017, 12:10 PM
True.
But US law guides many. And the posters I reviewed seemed to be US based.
The bottom line is UBISoft does not want to piss off everybody.
...gene

No, they don't need any help with that. Everybody is always pissed off with them already anyway.

Really is one of those companies that can't do any good. According to some people that is.
Personally, I disagree. I think they're great. 'Ive had to contact customer support twice and they've been a pleasure.
Had to contact them today even and the customer service was simply perfect, exemplary even.
And OMG The Division & For Honor, and for me Wildlands but that isn't a loaded title for me.
All top notch stuff...

That post above is funny though... Actually posted the evidence himself.....

OldGamerGene
02-17-2017, 04:23 AM
True, but US law has sway in many jurisdictions. While not applicable as law, the precedent may sway jurists as it applies to your jurisdiction.
...gene

Force_Dragon
02-17-2017, 04:48 AM

Thanks for admitting you used the controller to gain an unfair advantage and letting me know they took care of you. Now I may buy more of their games.

Letsgomental_
02-20-2017, 11:53 AM
By the way is mouse and keyboard macros bannable? and tbh i think a few of u are guilty just angry becus u got caught and if u did manage to get banned for something that wasent your fault im sorry but scriming on a forum telling people never to buy games grow up.

Acrow.
02-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Why so many cheats in the game?
Because so many scams in the game where players shoot behind the wall
I'm tired of being cheated, how do I stop?
Enough cheats

OSG.F.o.x.y
02-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Bruv,
we've all heard this story before....
"I DONT KNOW WHY I WAS BANNED!!?"...

List of typical hacker B.S. is as follows... //
*My Brother / roomate / Girlfiriend was using hacks on my PC, but it wasn't me
*My LAG caused me to be flagged as hacking
*Someone downloaded something my pc
*Blah blah....

Guess what they arent making educated guesses.... they are DETECTING CHEATS.
Enjoy the bans. Can't stand scrubs who cheat then come in here and complain using all caps on words like "CATEGORICALLY".

Let me start by saying I ABSOLUTELY HATE HACKERS IN THIS AND OTHER GAMES!!! They have ruined my enjoyment of the Darkzone in The Division on so many occasions I can't recall!

So whilst I agree with the new policy I have some MAJOR concerns!

I personally know of ONE (with maybe a second player) that have been banned who CATEGORICALLY does not cheat. As far as we can ascertain his ban has come as a result of one of the following:

1) Been in a group with a hacker (Guilt by Association)

Problem A) This is game has its own Matchmaking System that pairs you with players you don't know and unless a random player is using hacks that you can actually see (eg Teleporting) its almost impossible to tell. Consequently the "Guilt by Association" is grossly unfair.

2) False Positive - Fallen through world at some point and has falsely reported as teleporting.

Problem B) There are many points in the world where this occurs. I don't believe that you can tell the difference between a bug in game, that you allowed to make it into a released game, and a Teleport hack (short of watching a replay of the footage)

3) False Positive - Too many headshots / too many headshots occuring in a short amount of time

Problem C) This infers Massive/Ubi are using some game analytics. These have been proven many times over to report false positives and ergo are in themselves unreliable. Plus in the case of my buddy (online only and probably +100hrs played with in The Division) he is simply amazing with a Marksman Rifle and Scope.

4) Ban Appeals Panel/Committee

Problem D) This only came up following my friends discussion on Live Chat with a Support Agent (he was also telling us what was happening in Team Speak @ the same time). They upheld his ban..... I can't help but wonder if this "Panel" even exists.... and is perhaps a way for the Support Agent to get rid of annoyed players with as little stress as possible.

Does such a committee/panel exist and if so does it ACTUALLY review the evidence fully OR is it just in fact a CURSORY look at the case?

Final Point
Even in the worst countries in the world they have a justice system that allows you to "know the charges which you stand accused of" and "the day/date on which they occured". The system/process as it currently stands fails to deliver even the most basic of this information.

I can't help but feel that you are opening up the possibility of some VERY LARGE Lawsuits regarding your overall implementation. I know in the UK that your "ToS" do not supercede the laws of the land and in the USA class action lawsuits have been started for less........

Acrow.
02-21-2017, 05:32 PM
Why so many cheats in the game?
Because so many scams in the game where players shoot behind the wall
I'm tired of being cheated, how do I stop?
Enough cheats

Here are some cheat links:

https://youtu.be/7dLCDLpWEQk :Tactick26R
https://youtu.be/4YLuOdMKHIw :dark..__zxcc_ii

Hazy_BE
02-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Thanks for admitting you used the controller to gain an unfair advantage and letting me know they took care of you. Now I may buy more of their games.

Dude are u ******ed or what ?

This isnt cheating nor gaining advantage at all...

Some Razor or Madcat mouses/controllers do exactly the same on PC, some mouses even have a inbuilt function to limitate the angle when you are moving...

Do you think streamers and competitive players do plays with a 10eur mouse/gamepad ? Clearly NO, so they need to be banned as well ... logic yeah, logic

Hazy_BE
02-21-2017, 08:21 PM
Oh and I've forgot to mention, Ubisoft banned me once on the crew for having using a "exploit" on a jump... Where everybody did the same "exploit" (play with a group of 2 or more people, 1 run first and the other drives behind, uses nitro to push the first player, but hell my score wasnt legitimate at their eyes so they ended saying I'm using a cheat/exploit ...)

Oni_NL
03-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Hi, talking about cheats and hacks.

Why does the game cheats LOL
I experienced a weird encounter during DZ last night...
I was in cover and had a overview of the room where I was in and nobody came in but out of nothing there came this SPAWN of a rusher with shield and that was that.
I was knock out :confused: He litterally SPAWNED beside me?!?!? Thats not even funny guys.
So please check the update 1.6... because thats kinda cheating from ubisoft ;)

TNX

Noabody2
03-03-2017, 03:12 AM
That's awesome! Do ya think you could have a chat with your comrades monitoring "The Crew"? The cheating there smells of some of the foulest debauchery I've had the displeasure to whiff. If not, cotton balls with Vicks. But if you can I thank you thousands of times over and will shout your praises from the rooftops. *Yes, it's that bad*