PDA

View Full Version : Would High Fantasy DLCs interest you?

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2016, 07:22 AM
As I've discussed in a previous thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349660-Let-s-talk-about-realism-and-what-we-SHOULD-expect), For Honor's tone and world design are heavily inspired by history, but it doesn't have a huge focus on realism. There appears to be a much larger focus on giving you the feeling and adrenaline of being a powerful warrior hacking through waves of soldiers in a battlefield with knights vs vikings vs samurai and all of that fun. Immersion through things like that seems to be a big priority and so I've been thinking... Would YOU like to see them do more with that outside of the vanilla game? Would you like to see them implement a medieval fantasy castle that has a dragon (ala Dark Souls) that breaths fire on certain areas of the war zone? Or maybe a map at a coastline where a Hydra could appear and snatch up minions and players and pull them into the ocean? If yes, maybe you could come up with some other interesting maps. If not, I'd love to read your reasons.

I'm fully aware that the devs have already said there won't be any dragons in an early interview, but who knows; they could pull a Blood Dragon in the Season Pass (if there is one).

MisterWillow
06-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Totally on board for this, at least, later down the line. And since it's high fantasy, the factions are already defined, and there could easily be more than three---Elves, Orcs, Humans, Dwarves, at least.

It would be really interesting if they could finagle a deal with Disney and have Star Wars DLC, or find a way to do a cyberpunk DLC, with street gangs vying for territory in a massive city, and weapons being reduced to improvised things, like pipes and hammers, or go the opposite direction and get really creative and have engineers manufacturing hodgepodges of future-tech materials to make crazy neon swords and hammers that send out shockwaves.

Really like the environmental hazard idea, too.

Fatal-Feit
06-08-2016, 06:32 AM
And since it's high fantasy, the factions are already defined, and there could easily be more than three---Elves, Orcs, Humans, Dwarves, at least.

They could take the already established factions and turn them into fantasy creatures. Warden could become orcs, for example.

I was also thinking they could do crazy things with the feats. We can already self heal and command catapults; but how about summoning the undead to grab and drag your enemies to hell? lol

Willaguy2010
06-08-2016, 07:20 AM
To be honest this sounds like a completely different game than what For Honor is. I'd be fine with some funny or cool events here and there that have fantasy elements, but to dedicate DLC to it just seems too far. They should expand upon the current universe they have with the DLC, not add new ones.

MisterWillow
06-08-2016, 07:42 AM
To be honest this sounds like a completely different game than what For Honor is. I'd be fine with some funny or cool events here and there that have fantasy elements, but to dedicate DLC to it just seems too far. They should expand upon the current universe they have with the DLC, not add new ones.

I see your point, however, to take from Fatal's initial post, what if they pulled a Blood Dragon, and make something like this in between this game (and it's DLC) and the sequel?

WYRDB0Y
06-08-2016, 12:37 PM
Only if it's a separate game, I rather see them stick to the theme.