PDA

View Full Version : Did Ubisoft just tease Assassin's Creed Empire?

Sigma 1313
06-07-2016, 02:28 AM
In case you're not aware, Ubisoft just released a teaser for the live stream reveal of Watch_Dogs 2. You may remember that back in 2013 when AC4 and Watch Dogs released there was a character from AC4 that traveled to Chicago that you actually kill in Watch Dogs. Even if the games aren't set in the same universe, they like to poke around with each other.

So why bring this up? Well At the very start of the Watch Dogs 2 teaser, the character's phone says "EMPIR_E"

Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xjSlHRBBck

http://i.imgur.com/XaCHdjK.jpg

m4r-k7
06-07-2016, 02:40 AM
Tease within a tease.... teaseception? xD

Realistically, its probably just a coincidence and Empire means something in Watch Dogs 2. But I hope we get something related to AC Empire at E3 even if its a 10 second teaser.

LoyalACFan
06-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Tease within a tease.... teaseception? xD

Realistically, its probably just a coincidence and Empire means something in Watch Dogs 2. But I hope we get something related to AC Empire at E3 even if its a 10 second teaser.

Nah, I bet it really is referencing AC Empire. As OP mentioned, Ubisoft titles like to poke at each other across universes. Hell, they even kinda promoted a link between AC4 and WD back in the day before they delayed the latter.

But as for AC at E3... who knows? If this reboot is really the mac daddy we're all wishing for, then I would hope they'd have a little in-engine footage ready to display (otherwise we're in trouble; eighteen months before release with no demonstrable assets would be a gigantic red flag), but considering the fact that they've been heavily criticized in the past for showing gameplay long before release and then inevitably "downgrading" it later, I would bank on them wanting to just play it safe and keep mum about Empire until they have something ready to show that's pretty close to what the final product will look like. AC is already such a universally recognized brand that they don't even really need to start the hype train this early. I would expect a little Unity-esque tease at the very most.

crusader_prophet
06-07-2016, 04:29 PM
I would say it's a tease. Great find Sigma.

cawatrooper9
06-07-2016, 06:40 PM
But wait! What if this means that the open world game set in ancient Egypt is actually Watch_Dogs 2? :p

Hacking would be pretty useless, actually.

LoyalACFan
06-07-2016, 06:44 PM
But wait! What if this means that the open world game set in ancient Egypt is actually Watch_Dogs 2? :p

Hacking would be pretty useless, actually.

Protagonist carries an iStone

... I'll see myself out

pacmanate
06-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Press Square to:

1. Throw Rock
2. Use rock to make fire
3. Smash rock on floor
4. Lick rock for nutrients

LoyalACFan
06-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Press Square to:

1. Throw Rock
2. Use rock to make fire
3. Smash rock on floor
4. Lick rock for nutrients

Watch_DogsTM: Primal

Senningiri_GR
06-07-2016, 08:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hwB7SSr.jpg

Farlander1991
06-07-2016, 08:53 PM
"Hello World" is a standard phrase used most of the time in beginner programming courses (to display a 'Hello world!' message) as well as a lot of times for system checks and stuff. So the ACR and WD2 are references to that, I'm sure WD1 has a 'Hello World' reference as well, originating several decades ago the phrase became sort of a meme when it comes to topics related to computer programming and software in general.

cawatrooper9
06-07-2016, 09:01 PM

... I'll see myself out

Are you sure it wasn't a Neandroid?

Sushiglutton
06-07-2016, 09:05 PM
I would say it's a tease. Great find Sigma.

Yeah this is the biggest thing that has happened in months (M-M-MEGATON), so I guess we kind of have to take it. EMPIR_E confirmed!

Sorrosyss
06-07-2016, 11:00 PM
That's no tease, it's a torment. :p

It's difficult to guess what their move is going to be here. I mean yes, as the flagship IP it would be nice to get a tease of the next game. But then for Syndicate we only got the reveal about six months out, and with Watch Dogs 2 today, it's about the same. It may well be the 'downgrading' accusations have got them to keep hype in check going forwards and show titles nearer to completion.

Given the movie, I'd expect a replay of its trailer, followed by a short 'reveal' of the VR experience that is coming for it - which they spoke about a month or so ago.

Megas_Doux
06-08-2016, 02:56 AM

... I'll see myself out

The hacking part will consist of modify hieroglyphs and Papyri.

LoyalACFan
06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Given the movie, I'd expect a replay of its trailer, followed by a short 'reveal' of the VR experience that is coming for it - which they spoke about a month or so ago.

When was this? The only Ubi VR project I've heard about was Eagle Flight (which was cool af when I played it at GDC by the way)

But speaking of the movie, it might be a unique approach to tease the game with a trailer attached to it. It would put the AC movie in headlines and possibly draw some die-hards to the theater at launch, but it also risks distracting the focus away from the movie itself.

m4r-k7
06-09-2016, 04:18 PM
The protagonist of Watch Dogs 2 has an Assassins Creed patch on the back of his jeans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkeXFMQUYAAPD03.jpg:large

Easter egg or crossover confirmed? xD

crusader_prophet
06-09-2016, 04:19 PM
When was this? The only Ubi VR project I've heard about was Eagle Flight (which was cool af when I played it at GDC by the way)

But speaking of the movie, it might be a unique approach to tease the game with a trailer attached to it. It would put the AC movie in headlines and possibly draw some die-hards to the theater at launch, but it also risks distracting the focus away from the movie itself.

Yeah there is apparently going to be a VR experience of the movie as well. Not too interested about it. But I doubt they will show a trailer of a movie in a game conference. It might be against E3 policies. Unless UbiSoft is hosting their own independent conference.

BananaBlighter
06-09-2016, 06:31 PM
The protagonist of Watch Dogs 2 has an Assassins Creed patch on the back of his jeans.

Oh wow, where did you find this?

That definitely looks more like the logo than just a simple hood. It could just be an easter egg, but since there are theories that the two universes are connected, and Dedsec share similar ideals of freedom, it is possible that they are somehow linked to the Assassins.

cawatrooper9
06-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Yeah there is apparently going to be a VR experience of the movie as well. Not too interested about it. But I doubt they will show a trailer of a movie in a game conference. It might be against E3 policies. Unless UbiSoft is hosting their own independent conference.

Yeah, I don't think the VR thing will be a movie-based game, but just a sort of VR semi-interactive (if interactive at all) cutscene.

Looks like the Tulum Assassins turned to torrenting.