PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in siege from a co-op POV compared to vegas 1+2

MTKC2009
06-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Honestly last year along with star was battlefront (big star wars fan and was even more disappointed with that, so much so never bought it after the lack of co-op in it) this was the game that was at the top of my co-op shopping list.

I spent MANY hours playing terrorist hunt on rainbow six: vegas 1+2 (especially the part 1 as 2 IMHO was a bit inferior overall). Now both those games had a co-op campaign which a lot of shooters do these days and this game doesn't but here I shall talk about terrorist hunt specifically.

Vegas 1+2 only had ONE extra mode on top of the campaign from a co-op POV but even that on a much older/inferior console eg xbox 360 had more options than this modern game.

It had plenty of time limit options. It had a choice of how many enemies you faced. It didn't have the infamous bomber class who although I have got more used to now would still be a better mode if he wasn't in it IMHO.

Too people who say this game would be too easy if he wasn't in it. I say it shouldn't be on realistic due to what damage you take from each bullet/no regenerative health unlike vegas 1+2 and if it still is then the suggestion I have later about having more tangos to kill would certainly up the chance of death regardless of if the bomber class was in the game.

At the very least this controversial class should have been OPTIONAL. He was never popular to begin with and highly divisive so how about do a new TH mode without him?
or have custom game options where you can turn the class off/on.

The only real improvements IMHO with this new version are the graphics which is expected as a better console and the damage you can do to the environments + ability to make holes with equipment that gets an A+ but apart from this I feel disappointed with this game

I would say for a custom TH classic mode there are three most needed options..

1) time limit yes/no with perhaps other options for various time limits, people who are especially good and want more challenge could make the time limit tighter perhaps.

2) Enemy amount - far more tangos than on realistic and player could choose amount from say the amount on normal difficulty minimum up to say 50?

3) bomber class yes/no. If no is selected then he doesn't spawn and is replaced by a normal terrorist.

map/difficulty choice is in game..

This would at least improve TH classic and make it closer to the quality of it on vegas 1+2, maybe even better (hard to tell until I have played the game with these options)...

I would like to able to sing this game's praises so to speak but in it's current state from a co-op POV I simply can't, it is disappointing.

zachskis24
06-14-2016, 04:44 PM
Honestly last year along with star was battlefront (big star wars fan and was even more disappointed with that, so much so never bought it after the lack of co-op in it) this was the game that was at the top of my co-op shopping list.

I spent MANY hours playing terrorist hunt on rainbow six: vegas 1+2 (especially the part 1 as 2 IMHO was a bit inferior overall). Now both those games had a co-op campaign which a lot of shooters do these days and this game doesn't but here I shall talk about terrorist hunt specifically.

Vegas 1+2 only had ONE extra mode on top of the campaign from a co-op POV but even that on a much older/inferior console eg xbox 360 had more options than this modern game.

It had plenty of time limit options. It had a choice of how many enemies you faced. It didn't have the infamous bomber class who although I have got more used to now would still be a better mode if he wasn't in it IMHO.

Too people who say this game would be too easy if he wasn't in it. I say it shouldn't be on realistic due to what damage you take from each bullet/no regenerative health unlike vegas 1+2 and if it still is then the suggestion I have later about having more tangos to kill would certainly up the chance of death regardless of if the bomber class was in the game.

At the very least this controversial class should have been OPTIONAL. He was never popular to begin with and highly divisive so how about do a new TH mode without him?
or have custom game options where you can turn the class off/on.

The only real improvements IMHO with this new version are the graphics which is expected as a better console and the damage you can do to the environments + ability to make holes with equipment that gets an A+ but apart from this I feel disappointed with this game

I would say for a custom TH classic mode there are three most needed options..

1) time limit yes/no with perhaps other options for various time limits, people who are especially good and want more challenge could make the time limit tighter perhaps.

2) Enemy amount - far more tangos than on realistic and player could choose amount from say the amount on normal difficulty minimum up to say 50?

3) bomber class yes/no. If no is selected then he doesn't spawn and is replaced by a normal terrorist.

map/difficulty choice is in game..

This would at least improve TH classic and make it closer to the quality of it on vegas 1+2, maybe even better (hard to tell until I have played the game with these options)...

I would like to able to sing this game's praises so to speak but in it's current state from a co-op POV I simply can't, it is disappointing.

They took out the choice to edit terrorist hunt missions so that they aren't easy to far Renown in. If you set the game for realistic, enemy density low, no bombers, and your favorite map, you could just farm out that easy 250 R (plus bonuses, ect.) I do wish they had this as well but I can see from a reward standpoint how this would be difficult for them to give you R. In addition to this, R6 Vegas was far more tactical and harder to master. So they probably reduced your control over what you want to do so that you felt like it was harder when all it did was push you out of your comfort zone. It a cheap way to prolong the lifespan of a game mode but it works.

MTKC2009
06-15-2016, 06:36 PM
How do you KNOW they took out the choice to EDIT terrorist hunt missions? I have never heard they specifically did that...

+

Even assuming they did this would be EASY to fix to include what I am suggesting...

Simple you don't earn ANY renown at all in custom matches, just XP. I honestly don't care about renown anyway and if I want to earn it it is farily easy in HARD matches with even a semi decent team.of 5.

Either that or regardless of difficulty you earn only normal victory levels or less (assuming you win)

I honestly don't care about renown at all. I just want to be able to play TH classic the way I want too..

XP should be the same as it is now depending on difficulty setting played on...

I just want the options listed....

1) No bomber class OPTION, they would be replaced by 1 or 2 normal terrorists.
2) The amount of terrorists should be able to user controlled from normal level amount up to far beyond hard, say around 50.
3) No time limit at all - option is in game eg normal and should be able to be there for hard or realistic.

So if they worried about people farming renown it's simple, either give a bare minimum eg normal completition or less OR none at all..

ALSO - have a warning if they choose to do "no renown" at all or less at on screen.

Alternative....

Make an new TH classic mode (would need to be called something else) that is more similar to vegas 1+2, eg take out bomber class entirely but to keep some challenge increase the amount of terrorists...

Just too be 100% clear - no bombers in this mode at all...

1) normal - 30 terrorists
2) hard - 40 terrorists
3) realistic - 50 terrorists.

Now ideally would prefer a no time limit option BUT if want to do this the same as TH classic, eg normal no time limt and hard/realistic have one then do what I have been suggesting.

EG if you start the game with LESS than 5 players then you get more time to complete the map - that seems so simple/obvious honestly that I can't believe it is NOT IN THERE NOW...

ALSO - have ability to start match in public match making with less than 5 players IF everyone votes to start...

MTKC2009
06-23-2016, 01:25 PM
I would like to add the following to any developer/person connected to ubisoft who MIGHT read this...

Going back in time for a moment to the xbox 360 days....

Terrorist hunt mode in vegas 1 (more so than vegas 2) was a GREAT mode which I have spent MANY hours on. Along with COD's Zombies and Gear's of War's horde mode I would say these were probably three of the best "extra" co-op modes in any xbox 360 game and they were POPULAR.

Vegas 1's TH mode was popular years after it was first released and you could still find a game with not much problem. Siege's TH mode in comparison is not that busy....

WHY?

I think it is the lack of OPTIONS (something developers seem to FEAR these days)

You could choose various time limit options/no time limit at all. You could pick how many enemy's you were going to fight (depending on the map), low, medium and high amounts and the highest amount were far more than this TH.

There was also no bomber class at all. the terrorists did have various weapons but they were all potentially deadly (especially on it's hardest setting)...

I am not saying entirely remove the bomber class from the game BUT how about either a custom mode OR a new mode as suggested above without them...

I doubt anything much with PvE is going to happen at this point as honestly I don't think siege's developers care that much about it.

If you do and are reading this, prove me + others wrong.

minners71
07-18-2016, 06:35 AM
Does writing the ODD word here and there IN capitals make your points more VALID? Another thing SIEGE does better in Terrorist hunt is AI. Never played Vegas1 or 2 but the VIDEOS I have watched on youtube have terrible AI I mean laughably BAD. Hopefully Ubi will give SOME love to Terrorist hunt in the future and also make it PLAYABLE offline.

MTKC2009
07-18-2016, 03:13 PM
minners71,

I wrote some words in capitals for EMPHASIS. I have seen bad AI in both siege and vegas 1+2 at times both can be guilty of that. Vegas also has decent AI at times and can be very deadly, instantly so on realistic difficulty as despite the regen health it was instant kill from head shots on realistic difficulty and no re-spawns in vegas 1 TH (the preferable version IMHO)

In general though siege on "realistic" is certainly harder overall despite fact you can be healed assuming you are playing with a team.

Vegas 1+2 had more options as well for it's terrorist hunt and no bomber class which frankly after all the beta complaints about it should have been optional.

I was asked by a mod to make a thread specifically about fixes/changes to TH classic feel free to post on there any suggestions you have though honestly I think an offline TH mode is unlikely as it is not how this game is set-up.