PDA

View Full Version : What Lixux is it gonna be anyway?

XyZspineZyX
05-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Suse? Redhat? What versions?

I'd like to prepare a machine for the server release, but at this point I'm kinda clueless about what distribution to put on there.

The patch update message thingie said that you guys were messing with Redhat, but other than that?

XyZspineZyX
05-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Suse? Redhat? What versions?

I'd like to prepare a machine for the server release, but at this point I'm kinda clueless about what distribution to put on there.

The patch update message thingie said that you guys were messing with Redhat, but other than that?

XyZspineZyX
05-07-2003, 03:37 PM
I didnt know any of those companies made "Lixux"

If you are talking about linux, im guessing theyll give out a redhat rpm and just a standard package for all the others.

XyZspineZyX
05-07-2003, 04:59 PM
TAT_Neo wrote:
- I didnt know any of those companies made "Lixux"

Never had typos, eh? Smartass! ;b

Yeah well... guessing is good.... Just like we all expected the dedicated servers to be released with the game, and not weeks and maybe months later. Since UBI will only release binaries, I'd prefer to know instead of guessing.

XyZspineZyX
05-08-2003, 11:04 AM
I think you can assume it will work on Red Hat, seeing they said they were going to test it on that before they released it.

Neo

XyZspineZyX
05-08-2003, 08:53 PM
How about Solaris......? Anyone know...

Loki

XyZspineZyX
05-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Redhat all the way. I love it. Some ARE going to disagree, but I haven't seen an easier install then RedHat 9.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 05:23 AM
How about any blooming version at all, who cares as long as its released!