PDA

View Full Version : So I just beat Rogue....

Sickboy7979
06-04-2016, 03:30 AM
And loved it. I totally loved the story in this one, Especially the ending. I loved how they tied it to AC 3 and gave a little how it ties to Unity. So cool. Overall, I loved this game. It felt like home - meaning that AC 4 BF was my first and still favorite AC game so far (beat all except Unity and Syndicate). I loved the setting and mechanics from BF. Only gripe was that it felt like there were SO many locations to discover if you were going for a high % synch. Felt like way more than BF. Maybe it's because the story sequences were shorter? I don't know but, at one point I said screw it - I'm just gong to finish the game and ignored the undiscovered locations and side missions. But, minor gripe. I really liked this game. Installing Unity on my Xbox One as I type this. 6.4G update!!! I'm sure most of the bugs will be fixed that I heard about.

cawatrooper9
06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Only gripe was that it felt like there were SO many locations to discover if you were going for a high % synch.

Not only that, but a huge percentage of the map was both beautiful and woefully underutilized. There are some truly amazing locations in the game, but they exist only to house some collectibles. Absolute shame, in my opinion.

HDinHB
06-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes, some of the best free-running experiences of the last 4 games were out of the way spots in Rogue. If you didn't go for some of the collectibles, you may have missed out.

OP, I didn't have substantial problems with Unity after Patch 3. Not technical problems anyway.

Ubi-Banshee
06-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Glad you liked it! Hope you enjoy Unity too :o

cawatrooper9
06-07-2016, 09:04 PM
OP, I didn't have substantial problems with Unity after Patch 3. Not technical problems anyway.

Agreed, I didn't have any substantial issues at launch. Nearly two years and numerous patches later, I'd imagine you'll be fine.

Sickboy7979
06-10-2016, 06:48 PM
So far, I'm LOVING Unity. Zero technical problems with the full patch. I know this game is hit and miss with some people. Some love it, some don't and feel it's the worst of the series. I'm definitely in the love it camp. I just completed Seq 4 and am 13% sync right now. I like Arno and the other characters and am enjoying the story so far. Missions are fun and lots of great side missions/content. Plus the graphics and setting are truly amazing. I'm blown away by how beautiful Paris is.

Sigma 1313
06-10-2016, 06:58 PM
So far, I'm LOVING Unity. Zero technical problems with the full patch. I know this game is hit and miss with some people. Some love it, some don't and feel it's the worst of the series. I'm definitely in the love it camp. I just completed Seq 4 and am 13% sync right now. I like Arno and the other characters and am enjoying the story so far. Missions are fun and lots of great side missions/content. Plus the graphics and setting are truly amazing. I'm blown away by how beautiful Paris is.
I felt the same way at that point. However by the end, the main story felt to repetitive, the side missions were mostly fun, but 100% was a little bit of a slog, and there were so many damn collectibles. Over all, I think it's a pretty solid game, but not one of the best in the series. I still think AC3 is the worst though.

Ureh
06-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Oh yeah it's pretty good. On my first playthrough I just ignored most of the side content. Only played the main story and co-op missions. I think that's the way to play it if you don't want to interrupt the pacing of the story. Still not perfect but I thought it was more enjoyable that way.

The side stuff aren't like AC1, ACB, and parts of ACR/3/4 where they augment the main story and characters. Quick examples: AC1, Altair is silently interacting with his fellow Assassins, over the course of the game their disposition for him changes, these investigations unlock as your progress through the story. ACB, Ezio interacts with fellow Assassins and helps to liberate and reinvigorate Rome, these missions slowly unlock as you progress through the main story. AC4, Edward collects booty and at first works with Assassins to further his own gains, slowly over the years his attitude changes and the Assassins react differently. Most AC4 side stuff are open from the start as soon as you get the Jackdaw - which is a problem in ACU - but since you're sailing for miles and miles it helped me feel that Edward was away from home for many years. Parts of ACR and 3 have optional content that help to enhance the characters and story as well, but they're possibly fewer and farther.

ACU's content - especially the side stuff - are just spilled all over the place and you don't really interact with fellow Assassins (except with your folks in co-op) and Arno is coincidentally meeting the not-yet-(in)famous historical figures like Condorcet, Bastille-ladder-guy, Rosetta-guy, Cassini-guy, Marat-thingy, and others. I only remember two quest lines that somewhat approached the same level of cohesion in the past games I mentioned, Mericourts and de Sade's, but they were lost in the map full of icons. There's also a quest line to unlock Flamel's secret passage but that was kind of a letdown (might've been better suited for a blackbox mission when you're in the Sivert assassination).

I'm also in the process of replaying the older games so I could be forgetting stuff or embellishing things, but that's how I remembered them. Oh man I got carried away.

I really hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

Sickboy7979
06-10-2016, 08:52 PM
I felt the same way at that point. However by the end, the main story felt to repetitive, the side missions were mostly fun, but 100% was a little bit of a slog, and there were so many damn collectibles. Over all, I think it's a pretty solid game, but not one of the best in the series. I still think AC3 is the worst though.

Interesting. I loved AC 3. Right now, it's my second fav next to BF. We'll have to see where Unity ends up.

Sickboy7979
06-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah it's pretty good. On my first playthrough I just ignored most of the side content. Only played the main story and co-op missions. I think that's the way to play it if you don't want to interrupt the pacing of the story. Still not perfect but I thought it was more enjoyable that way.

The side stuff aren't like AC1, ACB, and parts of ACR/3/4 where they augment the main story and characters. Quick examples: AC1, Altair is silently interacting with his fellow Assassins, over the course of the game their disposition for him changes, these investigations unlock as your progress through the story. ACB, Ezio interacts with fellow Assassins and helps to liberate and reinvigorate Rome, these missions slowly unlock as you progress through the main story. AC4, Edward collects booty and at first works with Assassins to further his own gains, slowly over the years his attitude changes and the Assassins react differently. Most AC4 side stuff are open from the start as soon as you get the Jackdaw - which is a problem in ACU - but since you're sailing for miles and miles it helped me feel that Edward was away from home for many years. Parts of ACR and 3 have optional content that help to enhance the characters and story as well, but they're possibly fewer and farther.

ACU's content - especially the side stuff - are just spilled all over the place and you don't really interact with fellow Assassins (except with your folks in co-op) and Arno is coincidentally meeting the not-yet-(in)famous historical figures like Condorcet, Bastille-ladder-guy, Rosetta-guy, Cassini-guy, Marat-thingy, and others. I only remember two quest lines that somewhat approached the same level of cohesion in the past games I mentioned, Mericourts and de Sade's, but they were lost in the map full of icons. There's also a quest line to unlock Flamel's secret passage but that was kind of a letdown (might've been better suited for a blackbox mission when you're in the Sivert assassination).

I'm also in the process of replaying the older games so I could be forgetting stuff or embellishing things, but that's how I remembered them. Oh man I got carried away.

I really hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

Great observations. So far I'm loving it. About to start playing again in a few minutes. I hope the enjoyment I'm getting from it right now last all the way through.