PDA

View Full Version : Community Recommended by D2 Dahaka - June 2, 2016

UbiSkyBear
06-02-2016, 09:10 PM
D2 Dahaka has 10 great tracks for you to check out this week. Let's see what he has to say about these exciting tracks below!

http://i68.tinypic.com/zsn8ns.png

Industrial Age by Funktastic-

When our friend funk isn't driving us all mad on the forums, he's applying his considerable talent to the Trials editor. Industrial age is a nicely themed creation with a forgiving technical-hard driving line and is a fine example of what funk can do when he applies himself.

MPC FINITO by Kidmpc

An underappreciated masterpiece from the line master himself. This gorgeous industrial themed creation features a great sense visual of depth and a trade mark smooth as silk driving line only kid m p c could deliver.

Downcast by AM0RPHOUS

No introduction is required for this prolific track builder. AM0RPHOUS - aka the man who could produce an entire DLC faster than most of us can design individual obstacles - does not disappoint with this smooth flowing, technical-hard speed-runner. Rumour has it he built this one handed, riding bareback on a unicorn.

Imperial (Extreme) by ZZZZZZach

ZZZZZZach has a knack for a track. He also has a knack for making punishing extreme lines through some of the finest architecture you'll find in Trials. In between pulling your hair out in frustration, take some time to admire the intricate detail on display. Stunning!

"Uninfinite" by Coupe

Coupe formerly known as Fidelity - in my opinion Ė is one of the game's most under-appreciated builders. His tracks are always nicely decorated and lit and most importantly, the good looks are backed up by good lines and this is no exception. Love him or you will go blind!

Smog Valley [EZ] by GUS2128

A Baggie only speed-runner through a disgustingly contaminated valley isnít exactly the most exciting pitch for a trials track. Against all the odds this track manages to be fast, fun and not all that disgusting. Enjoy!

Ecclesiatrial by Rishaanvb

Rishaan requires no introduction and this latest entry in his Trials CV doesnít disappoint. This trek though a desecrated place of worship is full of atmosphere and has a cleverly designed tech-line, that slows things down so you can soak it all in.

Speedrunners by SP1NALFLU1D

Heralding from the Trials Evolution era, SP1NALFLU1D is best known for his ability to accurately model almost anything in the editor. This track sadly isn't a demonstration of his talents, nor will it win any awards for lighting or deco, but it features one of the most enjoyable tech speed-running lines I've had the pleasure to grind in a while. If you donít love this line, youíre playing it wrong!

Bayside Boatride by SwampBalls

Swampballs is another builder who requires no introduction. This creative genius is one of few out there who can make a track that is not only fun to play, but can tell a genuinely engaging story. This one may not be new, but itís a personal favourite of mine and a testament to this creatorís talents. Enjoy it all over again!

LOFTR: FREE FALL by LORDS of FtRING

This collaboration between DragonMICKY and attila999 isnít exactly new, but it was the first custom track in Trials Fusion, that genuinely blew me away and opened my eyes to the possibilities of the then new track editor. Even now, LOFTR: FREE FALL remains an impressive accomplishment and for that reason Iíve included it in my picks.

Morfyboy
06-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Excellent picks Dave, and kudos on your thorough description. Just want to say thanks from me, for doing this, especially with the short notice. ;)

D2Dahaka
06-03-2016, 12:00 PM
The pleasure is all mine morf, happy to help :)

UbiSkyBear
06-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Loved these picks, D2. Great choices!

D2Dahaka
06-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Loved these picks, D2. Great choices!

Glad you liked them :)

Eevan80
06-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Indeed, very nice picks D2 - and smart descriptions. "The line master himself", i liked that. :D There's even one track from a builder i don't enjoy in general, but found myself grinding it yesterday until top spot, thanks for that. :)

D2Dahaka
06-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Indeed, very nice picks D2 - and smart descriptions. "The line master himself", i liked that. :D There's even one track from a builder i don't enjoy in general, but found myself grinding it yesterday until top spot, thanks for that. :)

Cheers Evan. I tried my best to include under-appreciated tracks and/or builders, but couldn't stick to that theme for a number of reasons. The time frame for picking tracks was tight as a few people who were in front of me in the queue pulled out at the last minute. A lot of tracks I couldn't include due to them having being picked recently, being part of a comp or for IP issues.

TheSlimReeper
06-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Nice picks, never new of one of the builders either.

purpleoozi
06-10-2016, 10:56 PM
I've know Rishaan for quite some time now. I consider him not only a good friend, but also as a top tier builder who knows the ins-and-outs of the editor.

But Ecclesiatrial on Xbox One is almost unplayable with how much lag there is. Maybe it's just me, my system, or my internet, but I chop through this entire track.

I have to assume that Rishaan's track was created and ran perfectly on PS4, but the port really did his track no justice on the Xbox One.

Is anyone else experiencing this lag on X1 when playing Ecclesiatrial? And is there no way to fix this? I would really like to be able to play his track.

En0-
06-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Hello,

Just to precise the tracks haven't been ported but they went through the automated xplat sharing flow, which can explain the issues.
We don't have a way to deal with different hardware for UGC at the moment, so there are some cases like this one sadly. :-(

Cheers,

Rishaanvb
06-18-2016, 02:29 PM
I've know Rishaan for quite some time now. I consider him not only a good friend, but also as a top tier builder who knows the ins-and-outs of the editor.

But Ecclesiatrial on Xbox One is almost unplayable with how much lag there is. Maybe it's just me, my system, or my internet, but I chop through this entire track.

I have to assume that Rishaan's track was created and ran perfectly on PS4, but the port really did his track no justice on the Xbox One.

Is anyone else experiencing this lag on X1 when playing Ecclesiatrial? And is there no way to fix this? I would really like to be able to play his track.

He oozi, it's just bad track design on my part. It didn't even run perfectly on the ps4. But as I mentioned in my track thread:

Just checked it out and unfortunately it's unplayable on XB1, exactly like you already guessed.. slo-mo on 40% of the track i'd say, beginning directly at the start. Really a shame man, was looking forward to it. :(

That's what I figured, but I didn't expect it to slow down the entire first half of the track. I assumed it was just the parts where the background on the right side is visible and the part where you have to do a little backwheel bounce to save some time. After that point it should play smoothly right? When I have the time I might rework it and add/remove some stuff so it's playable on the xone.

I sincerely hope you can forgive me and the fact that I ruined your enjoyment of the trials experience won't be detrimental on our friendship.

Cheers,

D2Dahaka
06-30-2016, 04:26 AM
A bit late, but my bad on the Ecclesiatrial pick. I knew it ran badly on X1, but was in such a hurry I didn't have time to replace it.

purpleoozi
07-19-2016, 01:43 PM
He oozi, it's just bad track design on my part. It didn't even run perfectly on the ps4. But as I mentioned in my track thread:

I sincerely hope you can forgive me and the fact that I ruined your enjoyment of the trials experience won't be detrimental on our friendship.

Cheers,

What's up man-

There's nothing you could do that would make me love you any less. Apart from the lag, I did enjoy the track. I don't think I got the platinum on it, but just getting 0 faults through the lag was good enough for me :)

I probably would've responded sooner but ever since UbiSoft changed the format of not being able to 'view full site' on my iPhone, I've rarely checked the forums -- went from daily checks to maybe a once a month check.

I think its safe to say that we should just blame Dahaka for all of this. Way to go Dave... way to go.