PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II

DarkApprent2012
06-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Hi this may or may not have been wished for or discussed before. I would really like to be able to replay the all of the dna sequences without the need to clear the game again. So can you (UbiSoft) please maybe release a patch that will install this feature to the game so that us long time fans can relive the feelings we had when first playing the game? I know it has been a few years but please give it some consideration.

Thanks for your time.
Best regards

SixKeys
06-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Hi this may or may not have been wished for or discussed before. I would really like to be able to replay the all of the dna sequences without the need to clear the game again. So can you (UbiSoft) please maybe release a patch that will install this feature to the game so that us long time fans can relive the feelings we had when first playing the game? I know it has been a few years but please give it some consideration.

Thanks for your time.
Best regards

Lol, they're not gonna release a patch for a 7-year-old game. The best we can hope for is that one day when they release an HD collection, they'll change it.

ERICATHERINE
06-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Lol, they're not gonna release a patch for a 7-year-old game. The best we can hope for is that one day when they release an HD collection, they'll change it.

This. ^-^

Ubi-Banshee
06-03-2016, 03:11 PM
Apologies for not having a ready solution for this! Thank you for sharing your feedback, I'll be happy to pass the suggestion along.

DarkApprent2012
06-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Thank you for your answer Ubi-Banshee :) I hope that this can lead to something awesome for us fans :)

DarkApprent2012
06-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Ubi-Banshee are there any updates on this?

ERICATHERINE
06-16-2016, 09:21 PM
Ubi-Banshee are there any updates on this?

Did you read sixkey's comment? :rolleyes:

DarkApprent2012
06-16-2016, 10:08 PM
ERICACATHERINE i did but i choose to still fight for it because i know a lot of fans wants it.

HDinHB
06-16-2016, 10:41 PM
http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/07/notilting.jpg

(+ what SixKeys said)

Ureh
06-17-2016, 03:04 AM
ERICACATHERINE i did but i choose to still fight for it because i know a lot of fans wants it.

The road is shrouded in darkness, and you may never see its end, but you'll travel down it nonetheless.

Some believe your efforts are futile, they will ask why.

You'll answer, "Because no on else will!"

Keep fighting the good fight.

HDinHB
06-17-2016, 03:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYB92jGPnlg

DarkApprent2012
06-17-2016, 11:25 AM
I will keep fighting the good fight because i have been wanting that to be added for 7 years and i won't give up on it.

ERICATHERINE
06-17-2016, 11:53 PM
Just to be clear. I'm not saying it will never ever happen. I'm just saying that if it happen, it'll be in a remaster.

The thing is, even if I could do it would not, because there is things, even apart md, that won't be replayable, like Leonardo, talking with Ezio about the codex prophecy, for a quick exemple. I know those moment are too short and that there is just a few of them, but if I want to replay those missions I want the entire story and that include those moment and the modern day.

I'm not saying they should not/just won't do it. Just that I won't use the feature and again, that if they do it, they will surely only do it for a remaster.

Look that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOY70NVMkRM

That never got fixed so far and it's only in the game after ac ii. This probably cut some conversation with the gang and it would surely have been important ones concerning Clay. Thing is I would way more like that to be fix than have a patch to replay missions that are always done at 100% just by getting done any way we want, but thing is, that, too will surely not be done unless there is a remaster. ^-^

DarkApprent2012
06-23-2016, 10:54 PM
What the? The long post i wrote got deleted? Look i can understand what you're saying but honestly right now they are so into making Watch Dogs 2 and Assassins Creed Empire or whatever it will be called so one of the reason i want a patch for now is because it's more easy to make a patch then a total remaster of the Ezio Trilogy because they might have time to make a patch but a remaster takes longer especially if it's 3 games. I mean just look at Batman: Return To Arkham, Rocksteady Studios outsourced and asked Virtuos Studios to remaster those games and if a remaster was on the way it would be highly unlikely that UbiSoft themselves would not have the time so they would outsource also, maybe to UbiSoft Sofia, well they did a good job with Liberation but i would like UbiSoft themselves to do it. Well i did not know about that glitch but you're right they will solve that in a remaster.

Just want to let you know that i am still fighting for this and have no plans to give up yet.

ze_topazio
06-24-2016, 01:09 AM
Yeah, come on, that ship has sailed a long time ago, the game is too old by now and Ubisoft have said two years ago that they are done with the past generation of consoles, your best hope is for that to be fixed in a possible remaster, a patch for the old game is not going to happen.

DarkApprent2012
06-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Nope sorry giving up is not an option. If you give up you don't achieve anything. Just look at George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, if they would have given up then USA would be a whole different country and if other leaders from the past would have given up, how would our respective countries look today? So no i am am not going to give up because this is not just for me like i have explained before.

cawatrooper9
06-24-2016, 02:57 PM
I mean, I'd disagree that the game is too old for a remaster (after all, God of War III got one and it isn't a whole lot younger), so it's theoretically possible, especially given Ezio and ACII's popularity. However, let's not get too melodramatic, Lincoln and Washington weren't lobbying for a remaster of a video game... :p

DarkApprent2012
06-24-2016, 06:16 PM
It was just an example, what i am trying to say that they were men that did not give up and they achieved all their goals and it is also what i am doing, not giving up for the sake of us fans that have wanted this for 7 years. Yeah he is the most popular character and that is really one of the most popular, if not the most popular game in the series. I am not really fighting for a remaster right now, just a patch because they can maybe assign 2 programmers or so to do that because they would have time to make a patch and besides they are already working on 2 or 3 more games so a remaster right now is highly unlikely. Yeah they did it for God Of War 3 so what would keep UbiSoft from remastering the Ezio Trilogy games at a later point? No idea.

cawatrooper9
06-24-2016, 08:09 PM
It was just an example, what i am trying to say that they were men that did not give up and they achieved all their goals and it is also what i am doing, not giving up for the sake of us fans that have wanted this for 7 years. Yeah he is the most popular character and that is really one of the most popular, if not the most popular game in the series. I am not really fighting for a remaster right now, just a patch because they can maybe assign 2 programmers or so to do that because they would have time to make a patch and besides they are already working on 2 or 3 more games so a remaster right now is highly unlikely. Yeah they did it for God Of War 3 so what would keep UbiSoft from remastering the Ezio Trilogy games at a later point? No idea.

Oh, this is for a patch?

I'm sorry friend, but that's even far less likely than a remaster.

Also, my point with GOW 3 was actually to support your claim (at least when I thought it was for a remaster). What you're asking for is far more than a simple patch, it would require quite a bit of work. It's a nice dream, and I'd fully appreciate its implementation, but it's almost certainly not even a blip on the developers' minds.

DarkApprent2012
06-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Well then, i will just have to work hard for it to become a blip on the developers minds then. You guys should help me with this considering i am not doing this only for myself but for the fans also.

cawatrooper9
06-24-2016, 10:10 PM
You do you, my man.
Pretty sure most people here seem to be vibing for a remastered collection, though.

ze_topazio
06-24-2016, 11:02 PM
Nope sorry giving up is not an option. If you give up you don't achieve anything. Just look at George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, if they would have given up then USA would be a whole different country and if other leaders from the past would have given up, how would our respective countries look today? So no i am am not going to give up because this is not just for me like i have explained before.

Friend, I spent years fighting for a trophy patch for AC1, and that was when the past generation was still the main generation, and a trophy patch is much easier to make than this, yet they never cared, there's no way they are going to make such complicated thing for a 7 year old game for consoles that, in Ubisoft eyes, are dead.

I mean, I'd disagree that the game is too old for a remaster (after all, God of War III got one and it isn't a whole lot younger), so it's theoretically possible, especially given Ezio and ACII's popularity. However, let's not get too melodramatic, Lincoln and Washington weren't lobbying for a remaster of a video game... :p

Is not too old, on the contrary, is too recent, remasters should be for truly old games in need of restoration, not past gen games.

Fatal-Feit
06-24-2016, 11:03 PM
People keep saying that it won't get patched because the game is old, but that's not the only reason. Old games can get patched, especially popular ones that are considered classics like AC2. The issue is that patching a game costs money on consoles, so the developers' free time are not the only thing to take a hit to get this patch going.

I say the developers' free time and wallet because chances are that they're the ones who will make the sacrifice to get this patch going. The executives working at Ubisoft don't carry the same care and passion for their games that we and the developers do. The prospect of funding a patch for a 7 year old game is absurd. It doesn't matter what game it is; if it's not making them money, then it's a waste. Sony actually takes pride in their games, which is why GOW3 got patched. Plus, they only needed to develop for one console.

Our best bet to get this patch happening is 1. starting a Kickstarter project and 2. bringing the community together to make videos and threads to show our enthusiasm for this feature. Maybe even a hashtag. lol #PatchAC2

DarkApprent2012
06-24-2016, 11:33 PM
All of you make interesting points, you really do but i am not willing to give up on this. What about writing a petition then? If i could get signatures then that would help right? AC2 according to me is the best game in the series and many feel the same way. I am not seeing so many here that have faith in or does not want to hope for this but you must know some people?

cawatrooper9
06-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Speaking of logistics, Désilets no longer even works at Ubisoft anymore. Not to say that someone else couldn't spearhead the project, but I think Patrice would have the commitment to do this, if anyone.

HDinHB
07-01-2016, 01:22 AM
I don't think an electronic petition is worth the paper it's printed on, the the kickstarter idea is intriguing. You should contact Yves Guillemot , Azaïzia Aymar, and anyone else that might listen, tell them you are willing to spearhead a crowd-funding effort, and ask them how much money it would take. I would give like $5.

It might get their attention, and you might even get an answer.

I still think you're more likely to get this added to an eventual remaster than a patch to the old game.

DarkApprent2012
07-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Well you guys, we will just have to wait and see but i am going to do everything in my power to try and achieve this little goal.