PDA

View Full Version : What if they announce a downloadable open beta for all platforms on June 13?

Fatal-Feit
06-02-2016, 04:40 AM
The chances aren't bad if you think about it. At E3 last year, a demo was opened to the public at the event alongside its announcement. People got to play its main MP mode on a single map and had access to a hero from the Legions. Months later, we got a closed alpha on PC; we got two new maps and a hero from the Chosen. It's been a while since we've had any announcements and as we know, the developers are eager to let people play the game. If I'm right about this, I hope the beta will allow players to use all 3 factions and we'll have 3 distinct maps; one for each faction.

And here are all of my predictions for E3:

They will reveal the SP campaign mode, foremost, and have a public demo at the event. The Warborn (Vikings) will FINALLY be shown as well and they will be playable in the public demo. Before leaving the stage, they will announce a downloadable open beta on all platforms that very day for an awe from the crowd. Aaaaaand somewhere during the show, we'll get a release date.

MisterWillow
06-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Considering that DICE/EA had the Battlefield: Hardline beta 'launch' (and I only put quotes because they announced it was live but still made people sign up for a mailing list for the code) at the conference at last years' E3 (or the year before, I don't actually remember when that came out), it's not unprecedented, and the level of polish that seemed to be on the game even last year makes me think it's highly likely.

Predictions overall are spot on, I think. The only thing I'll add is showing other Hero/classes for the Legion and Chosen.

premiumart
06-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Sounds pretty likely to me. Like you said the game was playable for the press at the reveal. Lets just hope there was a lot of progress and not that much of tweaking the systems, im not saying that tweaking the system is a bad thing it just slows down progress XD.

WYRDB0Y
06-02-2016, 11:10 PM
I honestly don't know, but it would be awesome.

And here are all of my predictions for E3:

They will reveal the SP campaign mode, foremost, and have a public demo at the event. The Warborn (Vikings) will FINALLY be shown as well and they will be playable in the public demo.

I'm with you on this, maybe even combine the 2, first campaign gameplay will be from the Warborn.

premiumart
06-03-2016, 09:45 AM
I think Ubisoft just confirmed the warborn reveal in a subtle way. There is a ubisoft lineup teaser for E3 and they used scenes from the cg trailer BUT everytime they cut to For Honor you would always see a warborn. Im certain this is kind of a message XD.

Eiddard
06-03-2016, 04:35 PM
I think Ubisoft just confirmed the warborn reveal in a subtle way. There is a ubisoft lineup teaser for E3 and they used scenes from the cg trailer BUT everytime they cut to For Honor you would always see a warborn. Im certain this is kind of a message XD.

The reveal of the warborn was pretty obvious for this E3, if they don't show a minimun of 2 types of warriors for each faction it will be very dissappointing.

About the Open Beta, I hope they announce it, but I don't think it will be playable until the E3 ends, If they do announce an open beta I would expect it to be 2 weeks - 1 month after the E3, since it would be a pain to have part of your development team attending and managing the E3 while having to handle an Open Beta.

I expect at least 5 maps, 2-3 gamemodes for MP, some updates/tweaks in the gameplay compared to last year E3, as I said 2-3 warriors per faction, considerable amounts of customization (both aesthetic and gameplay) and a release date. (I guess there will be something about the SP but I don't really care about it)

We've been starving for information for a year, hope Ubi feed us well.

Ruikio
06-06-2016, 01:42 AM
If they release an open beta or another beta in general. I'll be a bit sad because I'll be at E3. :(

StandardAce
06-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Hopefully this is the case - I'd be so hyped if your theory is correct! :cool:

AvarusTyrannus
06-06-2016, 07:13 AM
I've been surprised by the number of open beta tests in recent years. Long-ish time back you would get a demo for a game before or alongside release, just as a way to get people hyped or try before you buy. That stopped happening for the most part, but now it seems to have come back in the form of open beta tests, new name, but pretty similar concept.

Anyways I don't think this particular theory is likely.

Joe_Corleone
06-06-2016, 06:48 PM
I think a beta is probably something that is needed for this game, especially with how buggy most of Ubisoft games have been recently. The only way I can see them announcing a beta at E3 is if the game is coming out this year. However considering the fact that they had this game in playable form at both E3 and Gamescom last year, I don't think a beta announcement is out of the question.

MisterWillow
06-06-2016, 10:57 PM
If they release an open beta or another beta in general. I'll be a bit sad because I'll be at E3. :(

Really? Me too! :D :p

And don't betas usually last longer than a week, especially if it's open and announced under such a circumstance? So you'd still get to play a bit, just not as long as everyone else.

Fatal-Feit
06-06-2016, 11:41 PM
You two are incredibly lucky! I wish I had the money to go to E3. xD

premiumart
06-07-2016, 04:31 PM

Why would even want to go? I thought most of it is press only ?

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Why would even want to go? I thought most of it is press only ?

You get to try out new games first and meet other gamers around the world like Angry Joe. :)

AvarusTyrannus
06-08-2016, 03:28 AM
You get to try out new games first and meet other gamers around the world like Angry Joe. :)

More excited to meet and talk with devs rather than youtube gamers, I want the sneaky details after all.

luffy1616
06-08-2016, 06:12 PM

I Dont know a lot about E3, But i thought E3 is not open to the public.Can anyone get a ticket??

Fatal-Feit
06-09-2016, 04:35 AM
I Dont know a lot about E3, But i thought E3 is not open to the public.Can anyone get a ticket??

IIRC, E3 is open the public but the ticket is very expensive. And that's not to mention the plane ride and hotel cost.

Willaguy2010
06-09-2016, 01:40 PM

Only the showroom floor is open to the public, after buying that ticket Fatal-Feit talked about. The presentations are restricted to industry members, VIPs and press, also friends and family.

AAGoldsmith
06-10-2016, 02:29 PM
A beta is only going to help this game. First and foremost, betas are designed to stress test servers, and allow access to thousands of players to find and report bugs.

5,000 players spending even 5 hours on a game is a lot more bug finding power than 10 QA testers spending 60 hours a week for 4 months, think about it.

Secondly, betas are meant to get people hyped and wanting to play the game. While For Honor has a strong fan base, I am not sure how deep the penetration has been into the "Casual Gamer", the COD types, the Madden players. People who spend 2-5 hours a week playing games. This is the vast majority of gamers who buy games, why, you ask? Simple; the gamers that play 2- even 10 hours a week are typically early 20's to mid thirties males with full time jobs, who have the extra income to purchase games on the regular, and spend extra money on unlockables.

Granted, on a person per person standpoint the "hardcore gamers" certainly spend more money on games, but the number of hardcore gamers vs casual gamers is fairly small (I've read reports that hardcore gamers make up less than 10% of the total gaming base).

Therefor, and of course Ubisoft knows this, in order for them to maximize revenue (it is a company after all), For Honor HAS to get a large fan base from the casual gamer side as well as those of us on forums, playing multiple games, beta testing etc.

Casual gamers don't sign up for forums (for the most part, I realize that is a generalization), but casual gamers DO talk to their other casual gamer friends and make recommendations, create unique content through screenshots for their friends, and most importantly, engage social media.

This is why I think a Beta is very likely, and will certainly help For Honor. Once the Beta is announced (if it happens) I predict a massive swell of registrations on the forum, and a lot more free press on social media.

Fatal-Feit
06-10-2016, 10:17 PM
The Warbon reveal can now be checked off our lists. :)

Fatal-Feit
06-13-2016, 10:18 PM
I guess we were half right, haha!

AAGoldsmith
06-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Announced an Alpha "Very Soon". That's always good news!

MathiasCB
06-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Go vikings!
Didn't feel as satisfying as I'd hope for... but still... GO VIKINGS!

Can barely wait for the moment I get my hands on that viking myself... :D