PDA

View Full Version : What's are the odds For Honor releases in 2016?

Joe_Corleone
05-31-2016, 09:05 PM
So...here is my theory. On Ubisofts financial conference this year, they said they had 5 AAA titles coming this fiscal year ending March 31st 2017. Those 5 games are Watch Dogs 2, For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, South Park: Fractured But Whole, and an unannounced AAA title.

Ghost Recon looks to be coming later in the year with a rumored Dec 1st release date. Watch Dogs 2 is rumored to be early next year. Which means there are 3 games still without release windows. I can't imagine an unannounced game coming this year. So that leaves For Honor and South Park.

I'm going to say For Honor has a 65% chance of being released in 2016. If I had to make a bet I would say October would be the prime month to release it.

Of course this is all speculation and just guesses being made from rumors.

What do you all think?

Willaguy2010
05-31-2016, 10:18 PM
I think there's a very good chance that it releases this year.

AvarusTyrannus
06-06-2016, 07:16 AM
I'm guessing spring 2017. With no Assassin's Creed this year Ubisoft is looking at a lighter holiday lineup so we might see For Honor then, but as excited as I am for the game I'm not sure that kind of launch day competition is what you want for a new IP.

StandardAce
06-06-2016, 02:21 PM
I think it will drop later this year :cool:

Joe_Corleone
06-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Ok so now with a lot of Watch Dogs 2 promo stuff being distributed, and the reveal just a few days away, I feel Watch Dogs 2 may come out this year. Which makes me think For Honor may be a early 2017 game.

There also has been a bunch of games that have just been pushed to 2017 as well though, so while I still think 2016 is the best time for For Honor to be released im lowering my percentage from 65% this year to 40% coming out in 2016.

StandardAce
06-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Ok so now with a lot of Watch Dogs 2 promo stuff being distributed, and the reveal just a few days away, I feel Watch Dogs 2 may come out this year. Which makes me think For Honor may be a early 2017 game.

True, although Ubisoft have put out multiple games in the same year - Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity being an example in 2014. Then again, AC:Unity when release was plagued with bugs, glitches and poor optimization - which I don't want For Honor to have. We won't know until E3 - but I hope they can release it this year with no launch problems whatsoever. Hopefully they announce a beta too that allows them to iron out any multilayer problems and occurrences before launch! :rolleyes:

Joe_Corleone
06-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Actually The Crew came out that year as well. The problem is Watch Dogs came out earlier in the year it was May or June. AC Unity, Far Cry 4, and The Crew all came out within a month of each other. Unity and Far Cry sold because of their franchises. The Crew suffered for sure cause it was a big year all around for games.

They have 5 games to get out before March 31st. For Honor should be a top priority. It has franchise written all over it, but I feel it's been handled poorly. This game for some reason feels like it's getting pushed to the back burner when it should be the showcase game. Maybe it's just me but it's been in Gamespot.com top 10 most anticipated games since E3 last year. This game needs to be at the forefront of Ubi's lineup, especially since this is a soft year so far.

MisterWillow
06-07-2016, 02:19 AM

No way Watch Dogs is coming out this year, not with it not even being officially revealed yet, unless (1) they rush it and end up putting out a bug-filled mess or (2) it's much further along than we think, and the only way to know which it is is to see their E3 presentation and whether or not it's playable at E3 (i.e. if not, then it's either not coming out or will be buggy).

I also think it would be a mistake for them to wait another year to release For Honor unless they're having serious development issues, simply because if you wait too long, even if you're putting new things out for people to see, people start getting burned out on information and just want to play, and eventually it turns into a loss of interest.

This is all given my impression of last year's presentation and subsequent gameplay videos that showed a polished game---an impression corroborated by everyone I've seen talk about their experience with it. If they showed no gameplay and only had the trailer, then fine, show gameplay this E3 and then release next year, but that's not where we are.

Granted they could have polished what they showed and not have had anything else even close to done, and I don't know how long they've been working on what they've shown, but if they couldn't finish what they have left to finish in a year and a half, then I don't think they should have revealed it at all until it was closer to completion.

Joe_Corleone
06-07-2016, 09:22 PM
I originally thought the same thing about Watch Dogs 2 as well but in the past week and a half we have had new info on Ghost Recon and Now the reveal trailer for WD2, with makes me think why now and not during the conference? I'm thinking it's because they want info now, and info during the show to announce that it's coming this year.

Look all I know is that if For Honor is not coming this year, it's gonna be a huge misstep for Ubi. People are chomping at the bit for this game. Too many games are now coming in 2017 and I think it could get lost in the scuffle. This year is the prime time to release it. I'm just worried because we have heard nothing. Not one ounce of info. It's almost discouraging for a game you've been waiting to hear more about and it's taken a year.

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2016, 10:22 PM
http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles/1/8/3/5/0/0/9/14652853246.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

So the chances of players getting their hands on For Honor this year have become very slim... But on the bright side, this might be all the more reason for them to offer an open beta this E3.

Joe_Corleone
06-07-2016, 10:37 PM
The only hope I have left is maybe an October release. Nothing against Ubi, but myself and around 50 friends of mine have zero interest in Watch Dogs 2 and very little interest in Ghost Recon, but we all intend to buy For Honor.

Don't they have a team or department that tells them oh hey lots of people want For Honor not many want Watch Dogs 2 right now.

If it's a development thing...ok, I get it. If it's a which game people want more thing...wow are they wrong.

StandardAce
06-07-2016, 10:39 PM
The only hope I have left is maybe an October release. Nothing against Ubi, but myself and around 50 friends of mine have zero interest in Watch Dogs 2 and very little interest in Ghost Recon, but we all intend to buy For Honor.

Same! While I don't really mind Ubisofts other titles - I'm just extremely hyped for For Honor. :D

MisterWillow
06-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Look all I know is that if For Honor is not coming this year, it's gonna be a huge misstep for Ubi. People are chomping at the bit for this game. Too many games are now coming in 2017 and I think it could get lost in the scuffle. This year is the prime time to release it. I'm just worried because we have heard nothing. Not one ounce of info. It's almost discouraging for a game you've been waiting to hear more about and it's taken a year.

Especially if they're putting Watch Dogs out instead (which we've seen nothing about and nobody I know is excited for).

Also really worried for the same reasons you are---mainly the time that's passed without anything new.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles/1/8/3/5/0/0/9/14652853246.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

http://reaction.club/r/hqg-539.gif

Joe_Corleone
06-07-2016, 11:07 PM
I don't wanna be pessimistic now, because they could have all three come out this year. That's probably not gonna happen, but there is a slight chance.

My biggest disappointment is who at Ubi said let's put out two shooters in a year that is full of nothing but shooters, and who agreed?

Fatal-Feit
06-08-2016, 02:57 AM
You have the right idea; we should be more optimistic. Plans sometimes change during development, so maybe another game got delayed or they decide to release WD2 early...

Joe_Corleone
06-08-2016, 07:13 PM
So I'm going one last theory trying to will For Honor to come out in 2016.

Watch Dogs 2 is coming mid Novermber. The rumor is that Ghost Recon is early December (again a rumor), but if it's true, then For Honor could be an October game. 5 games is a lot to release in a fiscal year especially since they would still have 2 more before March 31 2017 and I really can't see them releasing 3 games in the beginning of the year that is pretty packed with titles.

So October may be the month we look towards a For Honor release date.

Fatal-Feit
06-08-2016, 08:40 PM
Fingers crossed.

StandardAce
06-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Fingers crossed.

^ ;)

EGOTuom
06-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Somehow, I am pretty sure it is going to be released in 2016...

... and yeah - October would be a great month for this! :D

MisterWillow
06-09-2016, 10:26 PM
So I'm going one last theory trying to will For Honor to come out in 2016.

Watch Dogs 2 is coming mid Novermber. The rumor is that Ghost Recon is early December (again a rumor), but if it's true, then For Honor could be an October game. 5 games is a lot to release in a fiscal year especially since they would still have 2 more before March 31 2017 and I really can't see them releasing 3 games in the beginning of the year that is pretty packed with titles.

So October may be the month we look towards a For Honor release date.

Sounds good to me! :D

Joe_Corleone
06-10-2016, 03:06 AM
I would like to warn everyone that if at the E3 conference the release date is not announced or is not this year, you will all see the inner 4 year old come out of me throwing the biggest tantrum.

Too much potential for this game to get lost in the craziness of early next year (there are really a ton of great titles coming early next year...look it up). I mean there really are not many great titles coming out later this year. Maybe 4 or 5 at best, and that's being generous.

So not releasing this game this year is really poor marketing and decision making on Ubi's part.

Just in case you're wondering why a 31 year old man is trying to will this game out...because I have my second child coming in November which is why I'm gaming all I can while I can.

Fatal-Feit
06-10-2016, 03:53 AM
Congratulations on the child, homie!

Playing the devil's advocate here; there's A LOT of new big games coming out this year from Ubisoft alone, so do you guys think releasing the game this year would REALLY be a good idea, sales wise? I mean, I don't believe any of us would get over this game if it's delayed by a year, going by our enthusiasm and the fact that there's no other game like this out there. Of course, I'd HATE to wait until 2017, but wouldn't it also be in our best interest for this game to do the best it can when it release?

Joe_Corleone
06-10-2016, 07:09 AM
That's been my point. There are not that many great games this year. Really it's all sequels, and sequels to games that are going downhill.

Besides maybe 4 games like I said in an earlier post, everything else this year is just pure regurgitation of last year. Because there is nothing really original, and most of the big games are shooters, this would be the perfect year for For Honor.

If you wanna get specific. Think about this. Ubi said this game is coming out this fiscal year, which ends 3/31/17 as I've said a bunch. Just from January until March you have Horizon: Zero Dawn, Yooka-Laylee, Recore, Mass Effect: Andromeda, The new Zelda, Scalebound, oh and a brand new system from Nintendo.

Now you tell me where For Honor fits better? It can be a breath of fresh air in a year of sequels (2016), or a new IP in a sea of new IPs and MASSIVE sequels (2017).

My point is this year is soft. Next year is stacked from the beginning to the end of the year. This game will succeed right now. I don't know if it can in the shadows of giants like Zelda or Mass Effect.

For Honor is my number 1 most wanted game right now. Next year it would be 4 or 5.

Fatal-Feit
06-10-2016, 08:18 AM
I see your point, but on the contrary, I think the line-up of games this year, despite most being sequels, are a lot stronger than 2017 so far. There's FF15, No Man's Sky, BF1, Gears 4, The Last Guardian, Mafia 3, Crackdown 3, Nier: Automata, Star Ocean 5, Attack on Titan (US release), Pokemon Sun and Moon, Dishonored 2, Civ 6, and WD2 (unfortunately P5 for US is a 2017 release). Those are the line-up of games I'm looking forward to. Comparatively, FF15 and BF alone already stacks up against the new Zelda and ME. They're just as big and arguably far more anticipated by gamers. I think the issue now is that if they are to release For Honor in October, it will have to compete against BF1, which could be suicide. And that's not to mention that FF15 releases September 30th, a day before October.

Would For Honor be a breath of fresh air this year? I'd say so, yes, but I don't believe that matters if it's pit against FF15 and BF1 since everyone and their grandmothers will be trying to get their hands on those games first.

AAGoldsmith
06-10-2016, 02:14 PM
I have to think, froma development standpoint and based off of what has been released so far with the other titles in development, that For Honor would be more likely that GR this year. Ghost Recon has barely shown actual gameplay footage, while FH has already had multiple live gaming events and an Alpha.

The wildcard seems to be WatchDogs 2, but then again, they have just now released the official trailer, again, showing less than For Honor. Now, could WD be a big reveal at E3 this year? Sure it could, even though I don't think the fanbase is there like it is with FH.

My .02, For Honor releases(Early-mid Q4?), 1-2 months later Watch Dogs releases(Holiday time?), and GR is pushed to March of 2017.

Fatal-Feit
06-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Apparently GR:Wildlands is slated for 2017.

Joe_Corleone
06-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Fatal, I agree there are some big games coming this year. Of the games you posted a few are coming in July or August and a few are very niche games, and a few are big games. We can argue about games all day, but For Honor will have the right hype at the right time for this year in my opinion.

Also i think Ghost Recon will come out this year seeing as they just released a new trailer and 3 collectors editions that you can now preorder. So I would be very surprised if they did all that for 2017.

Fatal-Feit
06-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than For Honor to release this year! I've been waiting for nearly a decade for FF15 (literally half of my lifetime lol) and I would much rather have FH over that. It seems like they've prepared a lot for this E3, so I still have hope that they know what they're doing if they release it this year.

In regards to Wildlands, I just going by what's on Google.

http://i.imgur.com/XcDWbjz.png

StandardAce
06-12-2016, 01:55 PM
I think it will be released in 2017 now after a leak I saw the other day (dunno if I can talk about it).

EDIT: hm... https://gyazo.com/8a45ccd7c5a4445e9497cd9532947e0e

Fatal-Feit
06-12-2016, 04:39 PM
I think it will be released in 2017 now after a leak I saw the other day (dunno if I can talk about it).

EDIT: hm... https://gyazo.com/8a45ccd7c5a4445e9497cd9532947e0e

Honestly, I would trust that ''leak'' over a small gaming news site.

StandardAce
06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Yeah, true. The release date will be unveiled in 28+ hours once Ubisoft has their conference anyway. The leak itself will probably be shown then too officially.

Can't wait to see new footage though :D

Joe_Corleone
06-13-2016, 01:53 AM
Yeah I have very little faith that For Honor is coming this year. I would probably put it at 5% now. I have friends at E3 and friends in the gaming industry and they are saying not to hold my breath. 😔

AAGoldsmith
06-13-2016, 03:07 AM
Any time I hear about this....I take it all with a grain of salt. With that being said, I realize Walmart isn't a good indicator, but I did find this interesting when trying to preorder For Honor. Says it ships on February 14th, a Tueaday (games tend to come out on Tuesdays for those who don't know). Could be a bs placeholder, just thought I'd share!http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm169/aagoldsmith1/Capture_zps94vucza6.png

Deadshot.
06-13-2016, 06:48 AM
LOL... February 14th!
A game titled, "For Honor" coming out on Valentine's Day.

Hey, boys! Whatcha buying your girl for V-day?

A game with swords! Cuz I support THRUSTING!

ah, sorry...I'm overtired. Daughters keep me up late and wake me up waaaay too early... :)

On topic... my guess is November release. We'll find out tomorrow, hopefully!

DerHerbman
06-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Amazon has now a 30.12.2016 release date! Of course a placeholder, but still this year ;) How do you say it in english, The hope dies last?
https://www.amazon.com/Honor-PlayStation-4/dp/B00ZJBT2AO?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Fatal-Feit
06-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Honestly, Feb 14th is a great time, for me. There are waaaay too many good games coming this holiday for me to play...

Joe_Corleone
06-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Not a fan on the Feb 14th rumor. If true, there are too many games coming around that time that will have priority, with what time I'll have.

February is a jammed month right now too.

I guess it doesn't matter when they put it out. There's always going to be other great games coming out as well. As much as this is a game high up on my list the only two games higher are Horizon Zero Dawn and the Nintendo NX and Zelda... both as coming right around that time.

AAGoldsmith
06-13-2016, 09:37 PM
With Watch Dogs releasing Nov 15th and South Park releasing December 6th....Maybe they will go for a super strong Q4, pushing For Honor to an October release???? Who knows?!

StandardAce
06-13-2016, 10:13 PM
Yeah - confirmed next year February 17th now.

AAGoldsmith
06-13-2016, 10:13 PM
Nevermind, I was correct with the original February 14th, 2017. Well dang.

AAGoldsmith
06-13-2016, 10:14 PM
They did say a new Alpha was coming "very soon". At least there is that consolation!

Joe_Corleone
06-13-2016, 10:17 PM
It is what it is. Not a great date. It should have been this year, but that Viking gameplay was incredible.

Killerbrian26
06-13-2016, 11:56 PM
Sadly not. It's coming Valentine's day next year, February 14. While I'm sad I won't be able to play it sooner, I'm glad they are not rushing the game out.

lSacredforcel
06-14-2016, 12:09 AM
I would prefer them to polish the game before the release. While waiting for it, I will be busy with Battlefield.

Cant wait for the alpha announcement.

MathiasCB
06-14-2016, 12:16 AM
Seems like I'll be playing with my special someone... My computer...
Best Valentine's day ever!

AAGoldsmith
06-14-2016, 12:40 AM
Seems like I'll be playing with my special someone... My computer...
Best Valentine's day ever!

Unlike the your usual Valentine's Day where you're just playing with yourself? No offense at all, that joke was just too good to pass up!

Fatal-Feit
06-14-2016, 01:49 AM
http://media.fyre.co/nPEPbBJQaSGSAFUwJkp5_tumblr_inline_nji9i0rr901rbra 2d.gif

I'm sorry, I also didn't want to pass up that chance as well...

MathiasCB
06-14-2016, 04:36 PM
It's alright...

Oh, by the way! I've got both of you covered for valentine's!
Both of you have a nice date to look forward to... With my axe. ;)

AAGoldsmith
06-14-2016, 06:41 PM
It's alright...

Oh, by the way! I've got both of you covered for valentine's!
Both of you have a nice date to look forward to... With my axe. ;)

We'll see about that!

MathiasCB
06-14-2016, 07:33 PM
We'll see about that!

You'll have a bloody great time!

JohnnyPersia222
06-14-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm a bit disappointed, mostly because the only thing I have to play for the rest of the year is Witcher 3 and the Division if I keep playing it, and nothing else. But at the beginning of next year, there's Mass Effect (I think), Horizon: Zero Dawn, and this. :(

Fatal-Feit
06-14-2016, 07:40 PM
It will be bromantic.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/f81cd6f1e9b3c821e35eb673fe92d147/tumblr_nwf4r41sox1rpduwho1_500.gif

MathiasCB
06-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Very bromantic indeed!

Joe_Corleone
06-14-2016, 08:32 PM
I'm starting to come around on the release date. I just want a great game that has no bugs or problems so when I defeat all of you there are no excuses...unless you're on my team.