PDA

View Full Version : AC Initiates problem and questions

Legionario-Cero
05-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Hey all
I have a question about AC initiates, firstly, I noticed it doesn't sync my progress well, my Uplay account is synced with all my progress correctly, yet when it comes down to initiates it seems it doesn't catch up well, I finished several games yet it doesn't give me exp for me and it says as if I never played them, is that a known problem? anyway to fix it?

secondly, I remember initiates was like an encyclopedia for the AC universe full of information about all of the characters and aspect of it, where did all that information go to?

ERICATHERINE
05-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Hey all
I have a question about AC initiates, firstly, I noticed it doesn't sync my progress well, my Uplay account is synced with all my progress correctly, yet when it comes down to initiates it seems it doesn't catch up well, I finished several games yet it doesn't give me exp for me and it says as if I never played them, is that a known problem? anyway to fix it?

secondly, I remember initiates was like an encyclopedia for the AC universe full of information about all of the characters and aspect of it, where did all that information go to?

It hurt me to say it, but acinitiates.com is dead. Ubisoft killed our site. As for the lore info, some info, like the one in the year -3000 about the reinvention of the weel is lost. It can't be found anymore. But the big majority of the lore went on some site. Here are the ones I use.

That one is about what happenned from Desmond's capture until Shaun hacking our site.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates

That one shows everything important that happenned from the isu era until the md part of the titan comic about ac, which if you don't know about it, is the last thing that happenned in modern day, so far.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Hope it help.

Legionario-Cero
05-29-2016, 11:00 PM
It hurt me to say it, but acinitiates.com is dead. Ubisoft killed our site. As for the lore info, some info, like the one in the year -3000 about the reinvention of the weel is lost. It can't be found anymore. But the big majority of the lore went on some site. Here are the ones I use.

That one is about what happenned from Desmond's capture until Shaun hacking our site.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates

That one shows everything important that happenned from the isu era until the md part of the titan comic about ac, which if you don't know about it, is the last thing that happenned in modern day, so far.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Hope it help.

Wait so.. what is initiates for now?

And thank you very much for the links I will check them out soon and read everything

ERICATHERINE
05-29-2016, 11:39 PM
Wait so.. what is initiates for now?

Well the answer depends of what you're asking.

The site will not be updated anymore. So, if you mean, "what replaced it?", I'm not sure if it is "ac counsil", "ubisoft club" or both.

If you mean "in the game", it's us. Ubisoft wanted us to feel the immersion, so in ac unity, they started making the md protag "us" as an initiate and they continued with ac syndicate. Then in the database of the Jack the ripper dlc, we learned that we won't have a md protag as "us the initiate" until sometime in the future. So, now the initiates are on standby and nobody knows who we will control in the next game's md.

On my part, I still consider myself as an initiate, since I signed up the site contract to become one of them. We are the only existing faction of Assassin's creed. We are initiates. Long live us!. XD

And thank you very much for the links I will check them out soon and read everything

Glag I didn't put them here for nothing. If you want to know more about the titan comics of Assassin's creed, you should try to read them. If you're not sure their is a thread on this forum that talk about it. In that thread, sorrosyss make a summary of each part and update each time a new part is available. Here is a link of the thread.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1389564-Assassin-s-Creed-Titan-Comics-Story-Analysis-amp-Discussion-(Spoilers)?highlight=Titan+comics

Hope you'll enjoy. ^-^

Legionario-Cero
05-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Well the answer depends of what you're asking.

The site will not be updated anymore. So, if you mean, "what replaced it?", I'm not sure if it is "ac counsil", "ubisoft club" or both.

If you mean "in the game", it's us. Ubisoft wanted us to feel the immersion, so in ac unity, they started making the md protag "us" as an initiate and they continued with ac syndicate. Then in the database of the Jack the ripper dlc, we learned that we won't have a md protag as "us the initiate" until sometime in the future. So, now the initiates are on standby and nobody knows who we will control in the next game's md.

On my part, I still consider myself as an initiate, since I signed up the site contract to become one of them. We are the only existing faction of Assassin's creed. We are initiates. Long live us!. XD

I'm kind of confused here, I still haven't played unity and syndicate, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about, so forgive me for the mass of question ahead:
I thought Ac initiate was just a site related to ac, I didn't know it's actually part of the games or plot, what is the ac council? how is it different than initiate?
what do you mean by md protag?
what do you mean initiate is us?

-------------------

and also, you mentioned something about the year -3000 and the reinvention of the wheel? what is that?

sorry for the all questions, the ac universe is too enormous, I took a break from the games for a long time and now I'm getting back to everything

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 01:13 AM
I'm kind of confused here, I still haven't played unity and syndicate, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about, so forgive me for the mass of question ahead:

It's not a problem. I'm happy to help.

I thought Ac initiate was just a site related to ac, I didn't know it's actually part of the games or plot, what is the ac council? how is it different than initiate?

Well, I not really a fan of ac coucil, but it's just a site for the community to post things about ac. You can win badges by doing things and post fanart and things like that. It's not my thing. acinitiates.com was way better, on my opinion. Ac council is not made to give us more lore.

what do you mean by md protag?

I'm talking about the modern day protagonist. For exemple Desmond is that person from ac 1 to ac iii. Then he was replaced by what everyone here call the floating mute tablet or diferent variation of that name, which is the character we control in ac iv black flag and ac rogue. Than from ac unity until now we weren't anybody in the md. Instead we have a video that is made just like if our console was hacked. So, from unity, we "the initiates" are the md protag.

what do you mean initiate is us?

Well, by registering to acinitiates.com we became an initiates because it's was made, just like if we were to sign a contract. So, the initiates are the only existing faction of the ac word in our world. The Assassins existed, but not anymore. The Templar existed, but not anymore. The instruments of the first will never existed. As for Erudito, i don't know if they can really be considered as an existing faction, because I heard somewhere they are a representation of anonimous in the ac world.

and also, you mentioned something about the year -3000 and the reinvention of the wheel? what is that?

It was the very first entry on the timelineof the database of acinitiates.com, when the site actually had a database. I would like to describe that entry more than by saying it was about the reinvention of the wheel and that it was in the year -3000 of the database, but the problem is that the database was retired many years ago, so I don't remember it that much. Don't worry, it wasn't related to the Assassins or to the Templars in any way. ^-^

Legionario-Cero
05-30-2016, 01:48 AM
It's not a problem. I'm happy to help.

Well, I not really a fan of ac coucil, but it's just a site for the community to post things about ac. You can win badges by doing things and post fanart and things like that. It's not my thing. acinitiates.com was way better, on my opinion. Ac council is not made to give us more lore.

I'm talking about the modern day protagonist. For exemple Desmond is that person from ac 1 to ac iii. Then he was replaced by what everyone here call the floating mute tablet or diferent variation of that name, which is the character we control in ac iv black flag and ac rogue. Than from ac unity until now we weren't anybody in the md. Instead we have a video that is made just like if our console was hacked. So, from unity, we "the initiates" are the md protag.

Well, by registering to acinitiates.com we became an initiates because it's was made, just like if we were to sign a contract. So, the initiates are the only existing faction of the ac word in our world. The Assassins existed, but not anymore. The Templar existed, but not anymore. The instruments of the first will never existed. As for Erudito, i don't know if they can really be considered as an existing faction, because I heard somewhere they are a representation of anonimous in the ac world.

It was the very first entry on the timelineof the database of acinitiates.com, when the site actually had a database. I would like to describe that entry more than by saying it was about the reinvention of the wheel and that it was in the year -3000 of the database, but the problem is that the database was retired many years ago, so I don't remember it that much. Don't worry, it wasn't related to the Assassins or to the Templars in any way. ^-^

I see.

About the factions, how come there are no factions in the modern day? the assassins exist, even thought they are not literally assassins, there is still a faction going on, desmond and his father and everyone in their group are the assassins, no? and the templars are abstergo, so what do you mean there are no factions?

and the The instruments of the first will never existed but they exist in the present, correct?

Also, what do you mean us initiates are a faction? what is this faction? what is our aim?
lol I'm sorry I'm totally confused here, if this informaiton about initiates is spoiler for the 2 games I'm missing then don't let me know, I'll just have to play them, but if I'm really not getting something then please explain

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 02:00 AM
I see.

About the factions, how come there are no factions in the modern day? the assassins exist, even thought they are not literally assassins, there is still a faction going on, desmond and his father and everyone in their group are the assassins, no? and the templars are abstergo, so what do you mean there are no factions?

When I said which faction existed, exist, may exist or never existed, I was talking about the real world and so, in our world, not the ac world. Every faction I named exist in the ac world, but with the exception of the initiates and maybe Erudito, if we consider them as anonimous. ^-^

Legionario-Cero
05-30-2016, 02:32 AM
When I said which faction existed, exist, may exist or never existed, I was talking about the real world and so, in our world, not the ac world. Every faction I named exist in the ac world, but with the exception of the initiates and maybe Erudito, if we consider them as anonimous. ^-^

Oh ok lol, now I get it.
But Erudito is a faction that exist in the game world, whether they are based on real life anonimous or not does not really matter, right?

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 04:34 AM
Oh ok lol, now I get it.
But Erudito is a faction that exist in the game world, whether they are based on real life anonimous or not does not really matter, right?

No it doesn't matter and as far as I know it's not even confirm. I just eared someone say that. That person could have been wrong. ^-^

Legionario-Cero
05-30-2016, 05:25 AM
No it doesn't matter and as far as I know it's not even confirm. I just eared someone say that. That person could have been wrong. ^-^

You mentioned something that quite upset me by the way, you said that even during the last 2 games we are still a walking tablet in the modern day plot.
I feel like ubisoft is milking this franchise so bad, is there even any plot in the present? I remember during black flag there was barely anything in present days.
it's like all the recent games since AC3 are just filler games, no cogs are really moving anymore, unless I'm wrong.
but if I'm not wrong, then how many more milking filler games before the plot start moving again?
they could milk this franchise to endless amount of games, since there is enough world history for that, but damn, it's so upsetting, I know many have lost interest in the franchise because every game is the same thing with barely any progress. I'm a loyal AC fan but even I can't help but notice this.

Senningiri_GR
05-30-2016, 10:58 AM
Here is another link from the ATA (Access The Animus) Team, but still some of the Data is lost and some pictures are out of place. (http://www.accesstheanimus.com/assassins_creed_initiates.html)

It is a very sad thing that after Ubisoft had created this enormous Site that connected all the franchise in a way they dropped it. Now Initiates is useful only for synchronizing your games and nostalgia. There was even an article here on the forums that said that now the site has retired but I cannot find the link anywhere. I believe it is pointless to have Bishop referring us as the "Initiate" while the site is dead. Now that it doesn't exist there is there is a Ubisoft site about every game of the company with a profile, but looks more like the Uplay.

I think there is present day story just that we don't know about it. Some weeks ago I noticed that in the Assassin's Creed Syndicate, when the Bishop was giving us orders to explore the life of the Frye twins there was a map: http://i.imgur.com/igPxvsq.jpg

In this map you can notice stuff that existed in the ACInitiates lore like the Tromso Submarine Base, the Osaka and Sao Paulo HQ and the Altair II. There is also the Paris HQ that was mentioned in the beginning of Assassin's Creed Unity and the ACInitiates Twitter. Strangely there is an unknown base in Nigeria and the Altair II ship is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean in a location with no islands probably heading for North America or Europe.
(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1452240-quot-Never-compromise-the-Brotherhood-quot)

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 04:35 PM
You mentioned something that quite upset me by the way, you said that even during the last 2 games we are still a walking tablet in the modern day plot.
I feel like ubisoft is milking this franchise so bad, is there even any plot in the present? I remember during black flag there was barely anything in present days.
it's like all the recent games since AC3 are just filler games, no cogs are really moving anymore, unless I'm wrong.
but if I'm not wrong, then how many more milking filler games before the plot start moving again?
they could milk this franchise to endless amount of games, since there is enough world history for that, but damn, it's so upsetting, I know many have lost interest in the franchise because every game is the same thing with barely any progress. I'm a loyal AC fan but even I can't help but notice this.

Actually we aren't a floating tablt in the last two games. We control nobody in the md of those games. We are an initiate who play a game which get hacked by Bishop who is the character you see in senningirl's picture. ^-^

Legionario-Cero
05-30-2016, 09:55 PM
Actually we aren't a floating tablt in the last two games. We control nobody in the md of those games. We are an initiate who play a game which get hacked by Bishop who is the character you see in senningirl's picture. ^-^

that's still no real progress, it's like every game the present day plot is progressing 2-3%

AC is probably the biggest video game franchise in terms of games, and it's probably never going to end unless the popularity dies.
it's going to be like a soap opera with 2461 episodes

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 10:56 PM
that's still no real progress, it's like every game the present day plot is progressing 2-3%

AC is probably the biggest video game franchise in terms of games, and it's probably never going to end unless the popularity dies.
it's going to be like a soap opera with 2461 episodes

Well, from my point of view ac syndicate moved the plot forward way more than other games if we take the time to collect the helix glitches collectibles.

Here is all the md part of the main story and collectibles in that game

Warning. Major spoilers ahead. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmjg1x2B3Vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGIAwsBgqKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6939RM09hk

Edit. Forgot to say that there is even more md in a serie of side missions in the main game. ^-^

Edit 2. I just saw that I puted the wrong video. I changed it for the good one. Sorry. ^-^

Senningiri_GR
05-31-2016, 07:59 AM
Sometimes I wonder what the Initiates would look like today with all these new characters and stories, both from present day and past.

Sorrosyss
05-31-2016, 12:45 PM
It is a shame, as it was a fun site for finding new lore. Most of it has now been monetised into other media now though - such as the Titan Comics.

I think that is one of the reasons that the Assassins have now ditched the Initiates in the game world too. Kind of a reflection on real world events.

ERICATHERINE
05-31-2016, 05:17 PM
I think that is one of the reasons that the Assassins have now ditched the Initiates in the game world too. Kind of a reflection on real world events.

The Assassins didn't ditched us. They want to leave us alone for sometimes to protect us from abstergo. :-\

Sorrosyss
05-31-2016, 07:31 PM
To any Initiates reading this, thank you for your great service. For your own safety, we will not be contacting you for the foreseeable future.

As they say in all good breakups... "It's not you, it's me."

;D

ERICATHERINE
05-31-2016, 07:36 PM
To any Initiates reading this, thank you for your great service. For your own safety, we will not be contacting you for the foreseeable future.

As they say in all good breakups... "It's not you, it's me."

;D

But they still might join force, in the future. ^-^