PDA

View Full Version : What if the AC movie was the answer to our problem? ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-28-2016, 06:08 PM
More precisely, I'm talking about the fact of the 65% md and 35% past days.

Some people are saying it seems impossible for us to get a Connor sequel. To that I now answer "why not a Connor sequel with 35% Connor and 65% md. "

I know there is not much historical event set in Connor's life time that hasn't already been covered, but with a % like that I'm sure this could work. Remember the last cutscene in ac iii's Connor's part? He saw some slave being selled. So he could try to rescue slave.

As for the Templar part, we all know the answer. Shay is still alive, just like some of the other Templars of his game. I don't think 3 Templars to kill is too much for a game with 35% of past day. Not to mention the chance we would have to see Eseosa for the first time in the game and to see the return of Aveline, Arno and maybe even other characters, from past games.

As for the md the fact we would have 65% of the game about it, would be (from my point of view) a great opportunity. We all know since syndicate that we won't control an initiate, at least for a while. So, until at least the next game, we don't know we who could control in a game like this. Here is a list of all the md characters which have a chance to be played as in the next game, from my point of view. (in random order)

Charlotte the la Cruz
Galina Voronina
Juani Otso Berg
Violette Da Costa
Wiliam Miles
Desmond's son
A new character
Gavin
Shaun Hastings
Rebecca Crane
Callum Lynch, and I think that's all.

What I mean by that is that whoever we would get as a 3rd person md protagonist (if that character really would be in 3rd person), with a game having 65% md we could learn more about him/her and faster. This could also mean more md missions which are by far my favorite, all ac games counted.

So, what do you think about it? ^-^

VestigialLlama4
05-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Games are games, movies are movies. Different mediums, different priorities.

The movies having more MD doesn't mean games will follow suit.

ERICATHERINE
05-28-2016, 07:54 PM
Games are games, movies are movies. Different mediums, different priorities.

The movies having more MD doesn't mean games will follow suit.

I don't remember talking about games with an "s". I'm talking about it happening at least for a Connor sequel. So, I'm not talking about every futur ac games. :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
05-29-2016, 03:33 PM
It would be a tough sell for several reasons, the first and foremost being that they're currently scrambling to make this series feel fresh again, hence their decision to skip 2016 to regroup and refine their product, and releasing a game with such strong ties to all the baggage of AC3 and their most repetitive, copy/paste era of yearly releases would send the wrong message right out of the gate. Plus, if the Egypt rumors are true, this game wouldn't come about until 2018 at the very earliest, which would be six years post-AC3 and five years after the end of the console cycle it released on. Sucks to say it, but people will have long moved on from the "old" AC era by then, and the return of a character from the previous generation (especially one who had a mixed reception at best, albeit with a strong cult following) won't exactly be a huge draw by then.

Plus, playable MD has historically been complete garbage. AC3's Desmond sections were almost universally derided, especially that ridiculous Abstergo "infiltration" mission. Admittedly, it's very difficult to create a set of mechanics that feel right at home in both 2012 and 1776, but AC3 was a complete and utter failure on that front. IMO the MD works best when it's limited to just walking, talking, and the occasional VERY linear action or parkour setpiece, otherwise it ends up feeling like a hackjob. It'll probably work better in film, where the transition from 15th-century sword-and-sandal-type action to modern sci-fi doesn't require essentially creating an entirely separate set of mechanics, but having a game that's anywhere close to a half-and-half split would essentially be like creating two games in one if it's going to be any good.

ERICATHERINE
05-29-2016, 06:02 PM
It would be a tough sell for several reasons, the first and foremost being that they're currently scrambling to make this series feel fresh again, hence their decision to skip 2016 to regroup and refine their product, and releasing a game with such strong ties to all the baggage of AC3 and their most repetitive, copy/paste era of yearly releases would send the wrong message right out of the gate. Plus, if the Egypt rumors are true, this game wouldn't come about until 2018 at the very earliest, which would be six years post-AC3 and five years after the end of the console cycle it released on. Sucks to say it, but people will have long moved on from the "old" AC era by then, and the return of a character from the previous generation (especially one who had a mixed reception at best, albeit with a strong cult following) won't exactly be a huge draw by then.

Plus, playable MD has historically been complete garbage. AC3's Desmond sections were almost universally derided, especially that ridiculous Abstergo "infiltration" mission. Admittedly, it's very difficult to create a set of mechanics that feel right at home in both 2012 and 1776, but AC3 was a complete and utter failure on that front. IMO the MD works best when it's limited to just walking, talking, and the occasional VERY linear action or parkour setpiece, otherwise it ends up feeling like a hackjob. It'll probably work better in film, where the transition from 15th-century sword-and-sandal-type action to modern sci-fi doesn't require essentially creating an entirely separate set of mechanics, but having a game that's anywhere close to a half-and-half split would essentially be like creating two games in one if it's going to be any good.

For historical era I think this would be great to control Connor again. He is my favorite character along with Desmond and this video prove that, at least at some point, I wasn't alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro

As for the md I think that, in ac iii, it was the best md of all the ac serie. There was email, conversation with more than 2 persons, first stuff, and the best missions of all, including the one in Abstergo and finnaly, we could use not only a gun, but also the apple. We could even visit a first civ temple. ^-^

Sorrosyss
05-29-2016, 07:00 PM
I feel the direction that the movie is going is a wise one. It's a good way to connect the audience and involve them in the modern day. In all honesty, this may quite rightly be reflected in future games, as new fans from the movie may jump into the new game with an anticipated experience similar to the movie. As others have said, whilst the modern day sections were my favourite of the older games, even I can concede that gameplay wise they were pretty drab - mostly standing around talking and listening. If they can vastly expand the modern day component, bring back a protagonist, perhaps even a proper explorable area with its own full fleshed and properly playable missions - then it may be an easier sell to the traditional player base too.

That's a lot of if's though.

ERICATHERINE
05-29-2016, 07:28 PM
I feel the direction that the movie is going is a wise one. It's a good way to connect the audience and involve them in the modern day. In all honesty, this may quite rightly be reflected in future games, as new fans from the movie may jump into the new game with an anticipated experience similar to the movie. As others have said, whilst the modern day sections were my favourite of the older games, even I can concede that gameplay wise they were pretty drab - mostly standing around talking and listening. If they can vastly expand the modern day component, bring back a protagonist, perhaps even a proper explorable area with its own full fleshed and properly playable missions - then it may be an easier sell to the traditional player base too.

That's a lot of if's though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

LoyalACFan
05-30-2016, 08:52 PM
For historical era I think this would be great to control Connor again. He is my favorite character along with Desmond and this video prove that, at least at some point, I wasn't alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro

As for the md I think that, in ac iii, it was the best md of all the ac serie. There was email, conversation with more than 2 persons, first stuff, and the best missions of all, including the one in Abstergo and finnaly, we could use not only a gun, but also the apple. We could even visit a first civ temple. ^-^

The hard truth is that too many people actively disliked Connor for them to take a chance on him again. The expectations of Connor fans are honestly getting a bit out of control at this point. It's been four frickin' years; at some point ya gotta just let it go. They're done with Connor. If they were ever going to choose one of their old heroes to resurrect in the Brave New Age of AC post-2017, it sure as hell isn't going to be him when they have Altair and Ezio ready to go.

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 09:01 PM
The hard truth is that too many people actively disliked Connor for them to take a chance on him again. The expectations of Connor fans are honestly getting a bit out of control at this point. It's been four frickin' years; at some point ya gotta just let it go. They're done with Connor. If they were ever going to choose one of their old heroes to resurrect in the Brave New Age of AC post-2017, it sure as hell isn't going to be him when they have Altair and Ezio ready to go.

Some people say that Connor was the most disliked, but they seem to forget he was also the most liked. From a graphic I saw, he was both. ^-^

Edit. I forgot. Even if he wasn't choosen as the character of the year, it doesn't mean nobody liked him. The simple fact he was nominated is proof there was a big number of people that liked him. I could an exemple of what I just wrote, but it would make me put a award ceremony from Quebec, which mean the video would be in french.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, why not put it anyway. I actually like "le gala des Aurore".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0o8QDW2U8c

Like they say at the start of the show it's an award ceremony that celebrate the best of the worst of movie made in Quebec. Not every movie will receive a prize, but when you watch it, you know that every nominated movie are the worst you can watch. ^-^

LoyalACFan
05-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Some people say that Connor was the most disliked, but they seem to forget he was also the most liked. From a graphic I saw, he was both. ^-^

Yeah, except that's statistically impossible, it just means they have more data for him.

Edit- well I suppose it's not technically impossible, but it would require an overwhelmingly large proportion of respondents to say they neither like nor dislike any of the other characters, which is unrealistic based on every other poll I've seen on the net. Most polls I've seen have Connor pulling a distant fourth after Ezio, Altair, and Edward, even on the AC Wiki.

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 09:53 PM
Edit- well I suppose it's not technically impossible, but it would require an overwhelmingly large proportion of respondents to say they neither like nor dislike any of the other characters, which is unrealistic based on every other poll I've seen on the net. Most polls I've seen have Connor pulling a distant fourth after Ezio, Altair, and Edward, even on the AC Wiki.

(about the poll) maybe, but a poll can't always be trusted. I know I often make polls in my thread, but it's just for fun. Look at any thread with a poll on this forum, for exemple. Many people go read them and there is so few of them who vote. A poll don't represent everyone who know about it. There is often this like that my via phone, where I live, for another exemple and even if I can't know how much person answered, I'm pretty sure many of the people who have been call turned off the phoneas soon as they knew it was the marketing, if they answered. I know I'm the first one who mentionned the graphic, but thing is, Connor still was nominated, which means many people liked him anyway. Not everyone. That I admit, but many people. ^-^

cawatrooper9
05-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Also, remember that most people on these forums are probably rather dedicated fans of the series, and may appreciate Connor's intricacies more than casual gamers (who, as it turns out, are the majority in gaming). A poll done on these forums can't really be taken as a microcosm of Assassins Creed players as a whole. Connor's pretty popular on these forums (I like the dude, myself), but I think it's clear that most gamers prefer Ezio, to the point that he's basically become synonymous with the series.

ERICATHERINE
05-31-2016, 05:29 PM
Also, remember that most people on these forums are probably rather dedicated fans of the series, and may appreciate Connor's intricacies more than casual gamers (who, as it turns out, are the majority in gaming). A poll done on these forums can't really be taken as a microcosm of Assassins Creed players as a whole. Connor's pretty popular on these forums (I like the dude, myself), but I think it's clear that most gamers prefer Ezio, to the point that he's basically become synonymous with the series.

Yea, but while Ezio had 3 games and two video about him plus some apearence in ac lineage, Connor only got one game where he is sharing the big role with Haytham, one mission in ac liberation hd, a letter he wrote and some mention of him in ac iv aveline dlc and finnaly 1 mention of him in ac rogue. So maybe Ezio is more popular by casual gamer, but Connor clearly as not been shown as much as other characters. Even Haytham got his return, in ac rogue, so why not Connor. ^-^

cawatrooper9
05-31-2016, 09:21 PM
Yea, but while Ezio had 3 games and two video about him plus some apearence in ac lineage, Connor only got one game where he is sharing the big role with Haytham, one mission in ac liberation hd, a letter he wrote and some mention of him in ac iv aveline dlc and finnaly 1 mention of him in ac rogue. So maybe Ezio is more popular by casual gamer, but Connor clearly as not been shown as much as other characters. Even Haytham got his return, in ac rogue, so why not Connor. ^-^

Egg, meet chicken. Chicken, meet egg.

I think there's certainly a debate to be had over whether the absence of continued Connor material contributed to his low popularity, or was a product of it. Again, I like Connor- I think, in many ways, he exemplifies the Assassins better than any other protagonist, and probably should usurp Ezio as the posterboy of the series. But we're not talking about what I like, we're talking about the general public, and though I don't have data to back it up, I think it's safe to say that Ezio is the favorite protagonist of the masses.

ERICATHERINE
05-31-2016, 11:21 PM
I think it's safe to say that Ezio is the favorite protagonist of the masses.

Well, I'm not so sure, actually. These days I ear more and more people talking about how they like Edward and way less people say the same thing about Ezio. As for Connor's popularity, I think it could grow up if he was shown more often. For exemple when I heard about the tv serie star wars rebels, I was sure to not like it. Then after some years passed, I still didn't want to watched, but I had absolutely nothing to do and so I watched an episode of it, just to be sure to learn that I like this tv serie a lot. Now I the complete season 1, on dvd and as soon as the season 2 is buyable I'll try to buy it. ^-^