PDA

View Full Version : Instruments Of The First Will - how Juno will expand a new third faction (spoilers)

Sorrosyss
05-22-2016, 06:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VexAkVj.jpg

Juno's return to a new body is nearing reality. Throughout the ages, the Instruments of the First Will have worked to further Juno's resurrection, primarily through the usage of Sages - with her husband Aita reincarnated each time. But what will happen when the legendary Isu walks the Earth once more?

One thing is clear. Juno views humanity as tools. Its present even in the name of her faction - instruments. As with the time of the Isu era, she expects humanity to fall back into place as the subservient creatures they were designed to be. Whilst the Templars tolerates her faction for now in the interests of obtaining more Pieces of Eden, it is clear that neither group intends to work with the other long term, with the Instruments' manifesto even outright calling for the destruction of the New World Order.

http://i.imgur.com/tS0Qxoh.png

If we imagine the scenario where Juno would return, it could be intriguing for the greater human populace. Here we have a pale white humanoid, with glowing eyes, whom has apparently risen from the dead from a secret historical past that we knew nothing of. The parallels to the story of Christ are quite strong, especially when you factor in that there is a Shroud present in both cases. It has even been suggested that the 'hidden twelve' are in fact her version of disciples. The Juno symbol too, that which the Instruments use, is similar to the Christian Cross as a rallying image. Whats more, if Juno was to then perform 'miracles' with Pieces of Eden, whats to say that sections of humanity would not genuinely believe her to be an angel, or a metaphysical chosen daughter of god? I can imagine it would not just be Christianity that would view these events as profound, but such a world and life changing event would certainly colour the opinion of many people around the world - especially those seeking a saviour, as Juno promises herself to be.

In one swift moment, by revealing herself to the world she would instantly have followers and believers eating her every word. History tells us that people often gather behind great leaders, and one whom is promising paradise - in this case The Grey - would certainly capture the hearts and minds of many. As with many real world cults, one should not underestimate the lengths that the Instruments may be prepared to go to.

This should be a terrible wake up call for both the Assassins and the Templars. Through sitting in the networks of the world, not only does she know their locations and identities, but she can expose her enemies to the greater world with ease. The two great factions would find themselves horribly outnumbered by the Instruments, with a spotlight shone on them for the first time. You can guarantee that there are likely other Isu weapon caches hidden throughout the world, and being a scientist herself Juno can no doubt either recreate or improve on existing Isu designs, especially with humanity's advances in technology. Then of course, she can even bring back other Isu, or recreate warriors from her era - again giving her a huge tactical advantage.

Practically overnight, she could create a global third faction to dominate the modern day of the Assassin's Creed universe. Minerva warned that this day would come to pass. The prospects should be frightening for Assassin or Templar alike.

http://i.imgur.com/qUOfhL7.jpg

[Credit to the excellent non-cubic (http://non-cubic.deviantart.com/art/Juno-586034435) and Darthdestruktor (http://darthdestruktor.deviantart.com/art/Assassin-s-Creed-Enslaved-Again-386810379) for their artwork]

ERICATHERINE
05-23-2016, 01:50 AM
Great work with that thread sorrosyss. ^-^

Mr.Black24
05-23-2016, 04:04 AM
I've always wanted a third fraction for the series to pop out for sometime. Is it so hard to believe that the Assassins and Templars are the only ones who have interest in pursing global interests and/or uses of the FC tech or knowledge? Some people argue that it would distract from the story of the AvsT war, but I never figured it that way. The Cult of Hermes in Brotherhood is an example of an Order who simply wished to remove human oppression from oppressive power structures like nobility through enlightenment:

"Why seek knowledge without putting it to use? We have the chance to fashion a better world, one in which we have the freedom to shape our own destiny."―Ercole Massimo

Its a goal that has more lighter shades of grey in contrast of the Templar Order. They don't wish to control people, as Ercole reasoned that he had only wanted to free and protect the people from dictation and war, through knowledge. Assassin philosophy argues that people should choose this route and not be forced to follow it. That itself is ironic and adds more to the grey morality conflict.

I would definitely welcome the Instruments of the First Will as a new faction for the lore, more to add in this conflict of philosophy, either in a lighter or darker type of color.

cawatrooper9
05-23-2016, 02:25 PM
I've always wanted a third fraction for the series to pop out for sometime. Is it so hard to believe that the Assassins and Templars are the only ones who have interest in pursing global interests and/or uses of the FC tech or knowledge? Some people argue that it would distract from the story of the AvsT war, but I never figured it that way. The Cult of Hermes in Brotherhood is an example of an Order who simply wished to remove human oppression from oppressive power structures like nobility through enlightenment:
Exactly, not only would I like to see something like this in the MD, but I'd like to see cults of Juno have more presence in the past segments, perhaps by way of organization by sages.

Interesting how you point out how humans are "tools" to Juno, Sorr. Given how Juno is essentially just coding right now, I wonder if this is intended to be a commentary on the nature of man's relationship with technology :p

Ubi-Banshee
05-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Woooooow - love this thread, lots of amazing ideas in here - I quite like the idea of another faction getting thrown into the mix. It would be interesting to see how alliances would shift and change in the face of something like Juno. Thanks for sharing! :o

crusader_prophet
05-23-2016, 08:14 PM
I can imagine it would not just be Christianity that would view these events as profound, but such a world and life changing event would certainly colour the opinion of many people around the world - especially those seeking a saviour, as Juno promises herself to be.

It will most likely be a threat to the monotheists in my opinion. Their faith and beliefs held for millenia will be shattered knowing that their creators are a race of superior beings and not a single larger than life entity. They could even declare it as the rise of Dajjal, the antichrist and self-declare as the few non-infidels that are loyal to their Prophets and God.

Polytheists on the other hand, could find the rise of Isu era as more accepting in comparison. This might finally establish their millenia old belief of existence of multiple deities assigned with their unique powers and responsibilities (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Durga, Kali, Indra, Lakshmi, Ganesh etc. / Poseidon, Zeus, Hera, Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hades, Aphrodite etc.). Reveal of the Isu race and confirmation of the mythology can in fact be reinforcing. The polytheists could very well form the core of the third faction, seduced by fulfillment of life (moksha) and satisfaction from being thralls ready to do anything at Juno's command (she may not even need PoE to enthrall them).