PDA

View Full Version : Is the 2.01 damage model / gun strength accurate?

Achilles97
06-18-2004, 08:03 AM
This post reflects only my personal observances, which must be interpretted taking into account that I am not a superhuman, all-knowing, expert fighter pilot who served on all fronts during World War 2. I am simply a fan of this game and a WW2 hobbiest. Please do not read my post thinking that I am trying to convince people to join my new world order.

Yesterday I played IL2FB AEP for the first time after a six month vacation from the game. I installed the 2.01 official patch.

WOW! My 109's guns seem to be more powerful.
I was able to break the front part of the fuselage (cockpit area) and an engine off of a C47 in one head on pass. This was with the 109g10 w/ mk108.

Is that normal? Do planes really break in half with a cannon/mg burst? Do engines really break off? Do wings really break off?

Thanks!

[This message was edited by Achilles97 on Fri June 18 2004 at 07:14 AM.]

Achilles97
06-18-2004, 08:03 AM
This post reflects only my personal observances, which must be interpretted taking into account that I am not a superhuman, all-knowing, expert fighter pilot who served on all fronts during World War 2. I am simply a fan of this game and a WW2 hobbiest. Please do not read my post thinking that I am trying to convince people to join my new world order.

Yesterday I played IL2FB AEP for the first time after a six month vacation from the game. I installed the 2.01 official patch.

WOW! My 109's guns seem to be more powerful.
I was able to break the front part of the fuselage (cockpit area) and an engine off of a C47 in one head on pass. This was with the 109g10 w/ mk108.

Is that normal? Do planes really break in half with a cannon/mg burst? Do engines really break off? Do wings really break off?

Thanks!

[This message was edited by Achilles97 on Fri June 18 2004 at 07:14 AM.]

Hoarmurath
06-18-2004, 08:09 AM
must have been a very long time since you last played... I never had problems shooting down C47, even with 7.7mm MG, even in FB 1.2...

http://hoarmurath.free.fr/images/sighoar.jpg (http://hoarmurath.free.fr/)