PDA

View Full Version : View Problem

Wemic
01-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

Haven't spent any time w/FB since the patch and can't seem to find a solution here. My problem is that when I move my joystick, my view changes in the direction I'm moving (ie bank right and next thing I know, I'm looking at the right wing). Makes it impossible to fly. Probably a simple solution but just can't find it. My system is as follows:

KR7A-Raid mobo
HOTAS Cougar
ATI 9800 Pro Cat 3.10
Athlon XP 2100+
Hercules Gametheater XP

Thanks in advance.

Wemic

Wemic
01-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

Haven't spent any time w/FB since the patch and can't seem to find a solution here. My problem is that when I move my joystick, my view changes in the direction I'm moving (ie bank right and next thing I know, I'm looking at the right wing). Makes it impossible to fly. Probably a simple solution but just can't find it. My system is as follows:

KR7A-Raid mobo
HOTAS Cougar
ATI 9800 Pro Cat 3.10
Athlon XP 2100+
Hercules Gametheater XP

Thanks in advance.

Wemic

SpremeCommander
01-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Wow, that's a new one. Maybe hit the default controller assignment button and see if it changes.

Wemic
01-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Tell me about it. I hit my hat switch and I can move the view forward again but as soon as I move the stick, same problem again. It's late, so I'll try your solution tomorrow.

Anyone else?

Wemic

Ed_the_sock
01-10-2004, 12:54 AM
If you're using cougar profile that you didn't write yourself, try not using it - ie just let the stick run in DirectX mode. And reset the control assignments in IL2-FB.

Some people put some pretty weird stuff in their profiles for use when you flying as a rear gunner, or a bomb aimer, and if you've maybe bumped the mode selector (dogfight switch) on the cougar you can be in for a whole world of weirdness. Reversed axis's for when your're a rear gunner etc etc

Wemic
01-10-2004, 12:20 PM
I'm definitely using someone else's profile. Haven't had time to do my own yet. I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Wemic

Wemic
01-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Good call, Ed_the_sock. It was my dogfight switch. Sheesh! Never sim while tired.

Wemic