PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Black Flag - How do I beat the Brothers in Arms Legendary Ships?

Legionario-Cero
05-18-2016, 04:40 AM
I'm sorry I'm making this thread I'm just super frustrated, the only thing that is keeping me from 100% this game is the brothers in arms battle, I have tried countless of times and so many different strategies, I can't seem to defeat these 2, I have read and watched guides and videos and I still can't defeat them.

What is the best method to defeat the brothers in arms? I just don't know anymore

pacmanate
05-18-2016, 04:13 PM
These are a pain.

1. Be upgraded fully to what the game allows at this point
2. Stay behind them and use the fireshot (cant remember its actual name).
3. Get their health down EQUALLY

That last one is super important, as once you destroy one ship, the other sets itself on fire and can 1 hit kill you. Thus, if you make sure that both ships have minimal health, then by the time you down the first ship, the ship that sets itself on fire will be able to be destroyed easily in a few hits

BananaBlighter
05-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Is this the one with the two ships that surround and shoot at you from either side? If it is, then I think I vaguely remember how I beat it.

When the fight starts quickly make your way towards one of the ships, and get onto the opposite side so that you can use it as cover from the other ship. Then remain close and just do what you have to do, ramming and heavy-shotting it, and stay on that side of the ship, well away and protected from the other one. Anytime the other one comes over, just try to switch sides and keep using the first ship as cover.

Once it is on low health, quickly switch to the other ship and repeat. Then, as pacmanate suggested, take them both out as quickly as you can.

pacmanate
05-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Also stack up on mortars, if you can stay away from both as long as possible and mortar them it will help a lot too.

Ram their back ends as well. Just ram them hard.

Sushiglutton
05-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Yep great tips allready. Not getting in between the ships and getting their health down equally were the two key points for me.

Locopells
05-19-2016, 07:27 PM
When the last one comes for you, the burning oil works well, if the health is down enough.

ERICATHERINE
05-19-2016, 07:42 PM
When the last one comes for you, the burning oil works well, if the health is down enough.

I think you're mistaken. There is no burning oil in black flag. That's exclusive to rogue. ^-^'

Edit. Forgot to say that black flag have the explosive barrel instead (which I practically never used so far). ^-^

Locopells
05-20-2016, 12:20 AM
Yes/No - you're right, but there is a similar mission in Rogue, which is what I was thinking of, sorry!

ERICATHERINE
05-20-2016, 05:25 AM
Yes/No - you're right, but there is a similar mission in Rogue, which is what I was thinking of, sorry!

Yea, I know, it's the one that is level 99 followed by the two man'o'war, that you're talking about. ^-^

Megas_Doux
05-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Ram their back ends as well. Just ram them hard.

That also works with La Dama Negra. Ram La Dama Negra in its back end, ram it down until the glorious end.......

:p

ObadaKiwan
06-30-2016, 02:02 AM
Ramming them both would just kill your ship, try having OP mortars and Heavy shot. That'll do.

As mentioned, make sure both ships are at least 25% health for each before taking one down.

Ureh
06-30-2016, 02:35 AM
Probably not as useful advice -but just in case - the cannons on the port side and starboard are on separate cooldowns. So if they do manage to surround the Jackdaw, then make sure to fire heavy shot at the left side, turn the camera to the right and fire again. By the time you finish firing from both sides, the first side should be off cooldown, so rinse and repeat until the enemy ships speed away.