PDA

View Full Version : Which Chronology to choose?

Opono
05-14-2016, 03:22 AM
So I am trying to play every single game,spin-off, movie, graphic novel in chronological order, I am currently using this site:

http://overmental.com/content/the-definitive-chronological-order-of-the-assassins-creed-canon-41767

I am currently up to Revelations, but then the site says to play Rogue before AC3... the problem with that is that I also need to follow Desmond`s story as well, but AC3 happened before Rogue, so wtf? Do the games stop following Desmonds story after 3? Also where would the graphic novels fit in?

Sigma 1313
05-14-2016, 04:59 AM
So I am trying to play every single game,spin-off, movie, graphic novel in chronological order, I am currently using this site:

http://overmental.com/content/the-definitive-chronological-order-of-the-assassins-creed-canon-41767

I am currently up to Revelations, but then the site says to play Rogue before AC3... the problem with that is that I also need to follow Desmond`s story as well, but AC3 happened before Rogue, so wtf? Do the games stop following Desmonds story after 3? Also where would the graphic novels fit in?

I am doing a timeline run too, but I generally follow the MD story timeline. I would recommend doing it that way because there are spoilers for 4 and 3 in rogue. 4 also takes place before 3 (in the past), but not in the present. Trust me, do rev(I recommend watching DLC on youtube),embers, china, 3 (plus ToKW), liberation,4(plus freedom cry), rogue, unity(plus dead kings), india, syndicate (plus jack the ripper), russia. Then watch the special russia ending.

I recommend this link for graphic novels. If you care, I would suggest reading the fall and the chain before 3, so that you know who Daniel Cross is. There is a new graphic novel as well, Templars, but I'm not the one to ask about graphic novels, I've read them once online, and as needed check the assassin's creed wiki.
http://www.alltimelines.com/assassins-creed/

ERICATHERINE
05-14-2016, 05:41 AM

Definitely ac 3 before rogue. Why? Two reasons.

First the md, which also mean you'll have to play black flag before rogue, but after ac iii. Also, ac liberation hd comes just after ac iii in my list since Aveline was born after Connor, just so you know.

Secondly, the ending of the past days of rogue is the beggining of ac unity, from another point of view.

Also to answer your question
yes Desmond die at the end of ac iii, just before the epilogue of the game, which take place in the past days, after the credits.

^-^

Edit : here is two site you can use for more lore.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Kulurak_CZ
05-14-2016, 06:03 AM
Use this: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Kulurak/Chronological_order_of_Assassin's_Creed_franchise
I done it myself and it is up to date. And it is a lot more detailed.

Jessigirl2013
05-14-2016, 01:27 PM

The end bit of Rogue is a bit of a spoiler for Unity... So you could play up to the last sequence and then do Unitys first sequence and then go back and finish Rogue.

ERICATHERINE
05-14-2016, 04:47 PM
The end bit of Rogue is a bit of a spoiler for Unity... So you could play up to the last sequence and then do Unitys first sequence and then go back and finish Rogue.

He could do that, but from my point of view the modern day would not be in the right order. Of course if you are talking about doing rogue until the last sequence before ac 3, then I'm sure I'm/I'll not be the only one that will think the md will not be in the right order. ^-^

Opono
05-14-2016, 10:05 PM
Thanks for all of your reply's folks, based on what you all posted here, I think I will do a MD run, I may have to skip some of the spin-offs, cause hell nah I aint playing no card game (no offence if your into that, its just not my cup of tea), btw I noticed that multiplayer was listed in the timeline link Kulurak_CZ posted, how important is it to the storyline? Is it just that it occurs in the same city as main game? I will also try to skip those as multiplayer games can be rather long and repetitive.

[QUOTE=Sigma 1313;11699172 Trust me, do rev(I recommend watching DLC on youtube),embers, china, 3 (plus ToKW), liberation,4(plus freedom cry), rogue, unity(plus dead kings), india, syndicate (plus jack the ripper), russia. Then watch the special russia ending. /QUOTE]

I already bougth the DLC for Rev and will play it sometime today, just wondering why you said to watch on Youtube? Is it bad? Also I tougtht ToKW was an alternate universe irrelevant to the story?

Sigma 1313
05-14-2016, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all of your reply's folks, based on what you all posted here, I think I will do a MD run, I may have to skip some of the spin-offs, cause hell nah I aint playing no card game (no offence if your into that, its just not my cup of tea), btw I noticed that multiplayer was listed in the timeline link Kulurak_CZ posted, how important is it to the storyline? Is it just that it occurs in the same city as main game? I will also try to skip those as multiplayer games can be rather long and repetitive.

[QUOTE=Sigma 1313;11699172 Trust me, do rev(I recommend watching DLC on youtube),embers, china, 3 (plus ToKW), liberation,4(plus freedom cry), rogue, unity(plus dead kings), india, syndicate (plus jack the ripper), russia. Then watch the special russia ending. /QUOTE]

I already bougth the DLC for Rev and will play it sometime today, just wondering why you said to watch on Youtube? Is it bad? Also I tougtht ToKW was an alternate universe irrelevant to the story?

The Lost archive is more of the platforming esque gameplay from the Desmond sequences after collecting x animus shards. I personally really disliked the gameplay for it, as did most people I know. The story it gives it is vital though, which is why I say just watch it. Though if you already bought it, might as well play it. Multiplayer has a very small story. Essentially in brotherhood, Abstergo started training people using the animus to combat assassins. Most templars you assassinate in side missions are multiplayer characters. It never really goes anywhere though. As for the tyranny of king washington, I really enjoyed it. It is alternate reality, but that vision was really seen by connor and george washington. It essentially ties up a loose end from the Truth in AC2 showing George Washington with an apple. I think it's worth playing through, as it's only a couple of hours long. You could probably watch it on youtube though if you're not interested in playing it.

ERICATHERINE
05-15-2016, 02:30 AM
Thanks for all of your reply's folks, based on what you all posted here, I think I will do a MD run, I may have to skip some of the spin-offs, cause hell nah I aint playing no card game (no offence if your into that, its just not my cup of tea), btw I noticed that multiplayer was listed in the timeline link Kulurak_CZ posted, how important is it to the storyline? Is it just that it occurs in the same city as main game? I will also try to skip those as multiplayer games can be rather long and repetitive. I already bougth the DLC for Rev and will play it sometime today, just wondering why you said to watch on Youtube? Is it bad? Also I tougtht ToKW was an alternate universe irrelevant to the story?

Here is some multiplayer lore if you want to watch it. It shows how Otso Berg joined the Templars in modern day. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWr47D3ypXE

AdrianJacek
05-15-2016, 08:51 AM
Here is some multiplayer lore if you want to watch it. It shows how Otso Berg joined the Templars in modern day. ^-^

I find it interesting those videos use character models from AC3 (specifically Vidic and William Miles) and not from the story mode of Revelations.

ERICATHERINE
05-15-2016, 05:37 PM
I find it interesting those videos use character models from AC3 (specifically Vidic and William Miles) and not from the story mode of Revelations.

Or maybe ac iii used those multiplayer characters models instead. Technically, we can see in this link

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates

that the first video of revelations multiplayer took place at October 12 2012, ac revelations

Revelations privilege video took place at October 28 2012, ac revelations

Revelations one of them video took place at December 6 2012, ac iii

Finnaly, revelations target aquired video took place at December 10 2012, ac iii.

Also, since ac iii was already being made, maybe the ac 3 characters model of William Miles and Warren Vidic were already done by the time ubisoft did the multiplayer video of ac revelations, so maybe they just used them for both, for that reason. ^-^

Opono
05-16-2016, 08:14 PM

Thanks a lot, in what game does Otso come into play? I am up to AC3 now... the further I go into the timeline, the more I think its going to get harder for Ubisoft to ever end the series without disappointing us players for high expectations.

As a side note, I paid like 80$ for Fall,Chain and Brahman graphic novels, they will all be worth like 15$ in a few years lol

cawatrooper9
05-16-2016, 08:44 PM

That's my favorite way to do it.

ERICATHERINE
05-17-2016, 03:01 AM
Thanks a lot, in what game does Otso come into play?

In the games we see him for the first time in ac rogue, then we don't see him in unity, but he is in ac syndicate. In the lore in general, we ear about him for the first time (at least in this site : http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed:_Initiates ) at november 8 2012, which is at the same time as the story of ac 3.

On the other hand we could see with his eyes for the first time on October 12 2012, followed by another multiplayer video of ac revelations, which is of course sooner than the above. ^-^

cawatrooper9
05-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Thanks a lot, in what game does Otso come into play?

Interestingly worded question, actually!

We don't see Berg as a major appearance until Rogue (though I think he might be in the comics, or something). However, if you're asking when does he "come into play" I'd have to answer much earlier- Assassins Creed 2, actually! His team, Sigma Team, is what leads the assault on the Assassin hideout at the end of the game. We just don't find out who he personally is until much, much later.

ERICATHERINE
05-18-2016, 01:22 AM
However, if you're asking when does he "come into play" I'd have to answer much earlier- Assassins Creed 2, actually! His team, Sigma Team, is what leads the assault on the Assassin hideout at the end of the game. We just don't find out who he personally is until much, much later.

Actually, that's not quite true. Maybe it was the sigma team, but berg, wasn't part of it yet. That team had Vidic has it's leader, then a new sigma team was lead by Daniel Cross in ac revelations. They attacked the vehicle Desmond and co. was in, but they were attacked the an Assassin cell. Cross then became crazy, and killed the rest of his team while Desmond and co. got away. The sigma team was destroyed with Cross as the only survivor. It's only after the next sigma team was build that Otso Berg was in it. ^-^

cawatrooper9
05-18-2016, 07:18 PM
Actually, that's not quite true. Maybe it was the sigma team, but berg, wasn't part of it yet. That team had Vidic has it's leader, then a new sigma team was lead by Daniel Cross in ac revelations. They attacked the vehicle Desmond and co. was in, but they were attacked the an Assassin cell. Cross then became crazy, and killed the rest of his team while Desmond and co. got away. The sigma team was destroyed with Cross as the only survivor. It's only after the next sigma team was build that Otso Berg was in it. ^-^

Ah yeah, I see in the Wiki that he didn't join until late 2012 (around Desmond's death).

ERICATHERINE
05-19-2016, 02:53 AM
Ah yeah, I see in the Wiki that he didn't join until late 2012 (around Desmond's death).

Exactly.

I wonder if Otso Berg might be in the ac movie. I'm not talking only about him being seen, but also mentionned. Why not at least a cameo like with Charles Lee in ac rogue. ^-^

Jessigirl2013
05-25-2016, 05:39 PM
He could do that, but from my point of view the modern day would not be in the right order. Of course if you are talking about doing rogue until the last sequence before ac 3, then I'm sure I'm/I'll not be the only one that will think the md will not be in the right order. ^-^

But if he did that the past would be in the wrong order.:rolleyes:

Depends whether the OP prefers the MD or past story?:rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
05-25-2016, 06:26 PM
But if he did that the past would be in the wrong order.:rolleyes:

Depends whether the OP prefers the MD or past story?:rolleyes:

The modern day should prevail. Long live md. XD

Jessigirl2013
05-25-2016, 07:02 PM
The modern day should prevail. Long live md. XD

Hear hear.:rolleyes:

Yikes, I've let my obsession slip... I remember Charles lee being referenced in Rogue but I cant remember how...:confused:

ERICATHERINE
05-25-2016, 09:37 PM

Yikes, I've let my obsession slip... I remember Charles lee being referenced in Rogue but I cant remember how...:confused:

It was just a cameo. We could see him sit at the same table as many other Templars, like William Johnson or Haytam Kenway, somewhere in the game. He didn't say anything. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-25-2016, 09:42 PM

There, for you. You can see him at shay's left on Haytam's side. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YULgZQgCjw