PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Armor/ Outfit?

Sigma 1313
05-13-2016, 11:49 PM
What's your favorite armor or outfit from any game? Mine is Altair's Armor from Assassin's Creed 2, but I also love the basic robes from 2 and brotherhood, and Brotherood's Drachen Armor

SixKeys
05-14-2016, 12:33 AM
Alta´r's original robes and Evie's military suit:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-victory/thumb/4/46/02_MilitarySuit.jpg/468px-02_MilitarySuit.jpg

Megas_Doux
05-14-2016, 05:18 AM
Cannot pick just one, so:

1 Arno's his tailored coat, aka the one seeing on every marketing piece. Sleek, elegant and pure assassin badazzery!!!! The true heir of the ones of the Crusades, which leads me to:
2 Altair's original robes.
3 Evie's original robes.
4 Edward Kenway Pirate captain.
5 Legendary Muskeeter armour (in blue/red). A BIG applause to those juicy customization options in ACU.

PD 1 At first I hated Jacob Outdoorsman outfit, but I grew fond of it to the point I really like it.
PD 2 I hate bulkier looks.
PD 3 Ezio's robes in ACB are the single most overrated thing in the franchise.

LoyalACFan
05-14-2016, 06:14 AM
Helmschmied armor/Ebony die in AC2

Missaglias armor/no dye in ACB

Azap armor/white dye in ACR

Charlestown outfit in AC3

Crimson Cloak outfit in AC4

Tailored coat dyed white in Unity

Everything's hideous in Rogue

Maximum Dracula/Defender's Garb dyed black in Syndicate

VestigialLlama4
05-14-2016, 06:53 AM
From Game to Game.

Best Default outfits:
1) Altair's outfit in AC1.
2) Connor's outfit in AC3.
3) Arno's outfit in Unity (I hated the game but the outfit is quite well designed).

Favorite Accessory:
-- For Ezio, The Blue Venice Cape.
-- And the Tuscan Green dye in Brotherhood, the one that makes Ezio look like Green. They had a similarly named dye in AC2 but that was a disaster and it ended up making Ezio look like Mustard Yellow.

Best Armour
1) Ishak Pasha's Armour. Cool design and Ezio removes the mask in cutscenes, awesome that they coded that in and still kept the outfit.
2) Evie Frye's Aegis armour. It's more Madonna than First Civilization but that is a cool outfit indeeed.
3) The Templar armour in Black Flag.

I generally hated the look of AC2, Brotherhood, Mayan Armour, and especially Unity's idea of armour: Black Altair.

Best Alternative Outfits ever come entirely from Black Flag: Francis Drake, Henry Morgan and Stede Bonnet's Gentleman Outfit. I always use those costumes in special missions because it really fits the mood and dimensions of the character and cutscene. I wear Henry Morgan when I enter the Observatory with Black Bart (since it resembles his outfit), Francis Drake's outfits for Ezio exploring and collecting stuff, and for the finale I put on Stede Bonnet's Gentleman outfit, simply because I can't imagine Edward Kenway wearing pirate gear in front of his daughter and a more approrpriate outfit is needed. In Black Flag, all the costumes show up in cutscenes (with the exception of that dream sequence mission, which is fair).

nukelukespuke34
05-14-2016, 07:30 AM
I'm probably alone in this, but Arno's master robes (not the Master Outfit, which only comes in blue, but the Master robes that look a lot like the Master Outfit but you can customize the pieces and colors of) dyed in classic Assassin red and white. When you put that on, you feel like the second coming of Altair. :o

LoyalACFan
05-14-2016, 09:09 AM
I'm probably alone in this, but Arno's master robes (not the Master Outfit, which only comes in blue, but the Master robes that look a lot like the Master Outfit but you can customize the pieces and colors of) dyed in classic Assassin red and white. When you put that on, you feel like the second coming of Altair. :o

Nah, you're not alone, that was a cool outfit as I remember. I was just kind of done with Unity by the time I unlocked it, lol.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-15-2016, 02:56 AM
Altair's robes in AC1

Connor's robes and Jamestown outfit in AC3

Edward's robes and Mayan Armor in AC4

Shay's Templar outfit in ACRogue

Jacob's Maximum Dracula, Gunslinger outfit and Master Assassin in ACSyndicate

Evie's Simply Evie, The Aegis, Lady Melyne's

BananaBlighter
05-15-2016, 11:28 AM
1) Connor's outfit
2) Arno's outfit
3) Jacob's Outdoorsman outfit tied with Altair's robes

Markaccus
05-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Out of everything that wasnt just a 'skin', I still think the Altair armour from ac2 was the best. I really like the pasha armour from acb,too.

Megas_Doux
05-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Altair's robes in AC1

Jacob's Maximum Dracula

I don't know why I forgot to put that one. A favorite of mine indeed. Some Rogue outfits such as Sir James Gunn's armour and Templar 11th century armour are really cool as well.

cawatrooper9
05-16-2016, 03:56 PM
I'll agree with Megas about Arno. His robes were great, in that they were very Assassin-y but still bold enough to really be their own thing- they weren't simply some variation of the white robes that we'd seen in pretty much every other game.

I like the Brutus armor (because I'm weird like that) but I'd say my favorite Ezio armor is the default Revelations robes (because, again, I'm weird like that).

I also really like any of Jacob's armors because of the hats (I'm sure you're starting to see a pattern here, what with me constantly being weird like that). I really like the Simply Jacob cap, and wish it was on other outfits too, but I like the sort of menacing tophats as well.

Finally, if I had to pick my favorite more traditional robes (because they've all been kind of weird ones so far) I'd say Shay's. I guess I like them because they make him feel less special than previous robes have. They're drab and kind of woolly looking, not nearly as flashy and clean as other robes we've seen (especially the blindingly white, miraculously always clean robes of Brotherhood). I think it really makes Shay seem like just another cog in the wheels of the brotherhood, and thematically that's brilliant.

Ureh
05-16-2016, 09:59 PM
I'll agree with Megas about Arno. His robes were great, in that they were very Assassin-y but still bold enough to really be their own thing- they weren't simply some variation of the white robes that we'd seen in pretty much every other game.

I like the Brutus armor (because I'm weird like that) but I'd say my favorite Ezio armor is the default Revelations robes (because, again, I'm weird like that).

I also really like any of Jacob's armors because of the hats (I'm sure you're starting to see a pattern here, what with me constantly being weird like that). I really like the Simply Jacob cap, and wish it was on other outfits too, but I like the sort of menacing tophats as well.

Finally, if I had to pick my favorite more traditional robes (because they've all been kind of weird ones so far) I'd say Shay's. I guess I like them because they make him feel less special than previous robes have. They're drab and kind of woolly looking, not nearly as flashy and clean as other robes we've seen (especially the blindingly white, miraculously always clean robes of Brotherhood). I think it really makes Shay seem like just another cog in the wheels of the brotherhood, and thematically that's brilliant.

You can't go wrong with any of the robes and armour in the games, they all look pretty neat. For the Arno robes, do you prefer the longer (tailored) or shorter (original) variation?

As for the Brutus armor, I really like the concept art for it and the in-game model have some really cool features like the eagle pauldron, eagle belt, leather straps, awesome chest plate with Assassin motif, slick boots, the wolf pelt, and of course the dagger. Ezio really likes his wolf fur (his revelations outfit has it too)!

cawatrooper9
05-16-2016, 10:42 PM
You can't go wrong with any of the robes and armour in the games, they all look pretty neat. For the Arno robes, do you prefer the longer (tailored) or shorter (original) variation?

I prefer the original, but the tailored one is cool too.

As for the Brutus armor, I really like the concept art for it and the in-game model have some really cool features like the eagle pauldron, eagle belt, leather straps, awesome chest plate with Assassin motif, slick boots, the wolf pelt, and of course the dagger. Ezio really likes his wolf fur (his revelations outfit has it too)!
He does indeed. I always assumed the ACR robes (travelling robes, I think they called them) were at least partially assembled from bits of the Brutus armor from back in the day.