PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 Cut Content - Pistols and Dual Swords.

Mo.ni.ka
05-13-2016, 05:20 PM
As you all know after Assassin's Creed 4 had been released for a bout 2 to 3 months, people have been questioning Ubisoft why the game itself doesn't have those cool Flintlocks and Swords which appeared in the CGI trailers, on the cover art and various other promo images: Four Italian Blunderbuss and Two Mismatch French Cutlass.
http://arcadesushi.com/550/files/2013/03/Assassins-Creed-4-Black-Flag2.jpg
https://www.primagames.com/media/images/news/assassins_creed_4_black_flag_box_1.jpg
http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2013/10/ACBF_Hirez_preview_Final.jpg

Why the hell are those aren't in the game as they are cool as f*ck. It makes Edward feel extremely unique, especially the Mismatch Swords. But after spending some time messing around with Assassin's Creed 4 files, I happened to stumble some really questioning files. I was using Archive_Next (a Forge file reading tool) and I noticed there were some weapons while exist in the file (DataPC.Forge) but never appear in the game in any form. Those files are called ACGA_W_P_Legend_Swords and CHR_W_P_Pirate_Flintlock. As I remember there is a weapon in Assassin Creed 3 under the name Pirate Flintlock:
http://help.support.ubi.com/images/AssassinsCreed/AC3/PirateFlintlock.jpg
http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/AC3_SC_SP_38_SD_ULC_PirateFlintlock-e1347648059703.jpg
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreedbr/images/6/62/Musket_flintlock_pistol_concept_-_AC3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130103171152&path-prefix=pt

Coincidentally those flintlocks look almost exactly like the one Edward wield in the trailers and promo arts.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4f/AC4FlintlockPistols.jpg/600px-AC4FlintlockPistols.jpg
As for the Legend Swords thing I can't be sure if it is actually the Dual Mismatch Sword. i think that Ubisoft did intend to include those ultra cool weapons in the game but when the game was released they just cut those exact ultra cool weapons just to screw over all of us fans. I do hope that one they Ubisoft will allow modding so that we can actually bring those weapons back into the game and make Edward Kenway look exactly like how he is supposed to be.

****Edit 5/19/2016****

So after I use a tool that can be used to read the model and texture in Assassin's Creed 4, I found out that the Legend Swords is the Blades of Toledo and the Pirate Flintlock is almost the same with Common Flintlock only with a darker color. The Pirates Flintlock is actually the same one we use in Assassin's Creed Rogue. I don't know why they have to move it to rogue but not in Black Flag. However, after investing more files I found out that there are swords and guns in multiplayer that look pretty much the same as Edward's promotional art weapons.

-Swords (Blackbeard T1, T2 Sword look like Edward Secondary Sword and The Siren T1 Sword look like his Primary
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2f/fd/11/2ffd111444ac8daa0db9e901ca4bd713.jpg

-Pistol (The Generic T2 Pistol look almost exactly like Edward's Italian Blunderbuss)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ab/42/dc/ab42dc3068e1a098de0b8208126f5793.jpg

Jessigirl2013
05-14-2016, 12:43 PM
Its a cool idea but I doubt UBI would give us new content for what is now a 3 year old game...

Mo.ni.ka
05-14-2016, 05:33 PM
Its a cool idea but I doubt UBI would give us new content for what is now a 3 year old game...

I think if Ubisoft really think for the fans, the could have just released it with the game and called like "Edward Kenway's Signature Cutlass" and "Edward Kenway's Blunderbuss".
Ubisoft can actually make an update or release a DLC with a name like "Thank You Pack" and inlude those weapons I mentioned above. Since they don't have to make and rush a game this year so I think they can spen just a little time to make these weapons for the game. They don't have to worry about people not buying it as I know there are a lot of people have been waiting for these weapons. Why do they think making cool looking weapons in trailer and promo screenshots and didn't actually make it is a good idea. It's like :"Hey! We just make this new cool looking guy with these cool weapons. Do you like it? Of course you do! Then screw you because we want to do whatever we want to the game!"
I mean seriously, games are not suppose to be instant noodles. The image you promo have to be true, not just an illustration. The sickening thing is if those weapons were just for promotional only, they could have just drawn Edward's weapons differently in every promo arts and trailers. If you make Edward wield those weapons in every single thing you want to advertise about him then you have to make sure that they are actually in the game. The early promos and trailers are very important. It makes the fans grow more into the character and weapons you advertise. It makes the fans feel exciting to actually use those weapons in the game.

All I want to say is Ubisoft, please listen to the fans just for once. Why do you make every other Assassins can actually use the weapons in the trailers or promo artworks. Ezio get to use his Hidden Gun and Double Hidden Blades, Connor get to use his Tomahawk with the Assassins' insignia, Arno get to use his signature French Cutlass or Rapier, Jacob and Evie actually get to use the Kukri with Wooden Handle and the Eagle Shape Sword Cane. Why can't Edward get one? For now I can only hope that they can actually see this and make this come true or even better: allow modding so we can create more things for the Assassin's Creed Series. Let the fans be the Emperor of their own game. Make the universe of the Assassin's Creed game unique to every single player. Let the excitement for modding draw the fans more into the game.

strigoi1958
05-15-2016, 11:52 AM
I love ACBF but there are less people playing it now so any DLC would have a smaller sales market. The amount sold might not cover the cost of making the DLC and it also takes staff away from new exciting projects that are more important. But customisation is good and allowing more options to make a game feel more unique is always a nice touch.

Mo.ni.ka
05-15-2016, 01:52 PM
I love ACBF but there are less people playing it now so any DLC would have a smaller sales market. The amount sold might not cover the cost of making the DLC and it also takes staff away from new exciting projects that are more important. But customisation is good and allowing more options to make a game feel more unique is always a nice touch.

Well I don't really force them to make DLCs. The thing I've been wanting to see in Assassin's Creed Series are modding.. Just imagine all the possibilities if you can mod Assassin's Creed 4 like:
-Making new weapons for Edward to use like Katanas, Templar Knight Sword, Chinese Swords or the weapons I mentioned above.
-Allow full customization for Edward: you can make Edward has his hair down like in the trailer. Make 2 pistols on his waist actually have holsters like in the trailer, not just a piece of cloth to hang it. Edward's weapons can be chosen to extreme detail: you can choose what is his main sword and what is his secondary sword (If i can I would make Edward hold a Pirate Scimitar as his main and Officers' Rapier as his secondary), same goes to the pistols.
-Bring other games weapons to it: You can make Edward have a hidden gun like Ezio, the Pivot Blade or Bow and Arrows like Connor,... Just imagine an Edward that use bow and arrows during a ship boarding, that would be epic and funny as hell.
-Fully customization for the Jackdaw: You can actually have the Jackdaw as any type of ship you want from a skinny sloop-of-war to a mighty man o' war. You can paint your ship. You choose your Jolly Roger. The Jackdaw is your creation.
-New Shanties for the crew to sing.
-Much more epic ship boarding: The amount of crew you have to kill has increase much more. Like if you board a man o' war you have to kill about at least 40 crew members. There are a lot of Captains on the ship which make it much more challenging but there is only one true Captain and is a lot more challenging to fight. When the crew use hooks to pull the ships together for boarding, some brave men will jump to the ocean and swim to the enemies even if the ships aren't close with each other. When pulling the ships together, enemy' shooters will form up firing line and shoot your crew which may cost your crew life and even Edward. (Of course your crew will also shoot them back). Your Quartermaster (Adewale or Anne) will join the boarding, not just stand there and shout...
-Change the Lgendary Ship into Pirates of the Carribean's supernatural ship like the Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman...

Just imagine all of those possibilities...

strigoi1958
05-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Yes there are lots of possibilities when we can customise our own players weapons and outfits and our threads and posts here get sent to the devs so it could be a possibility for the next AC game but I don't think anything will be done to previous games. As JessiGirl said ACBF is now 3 years old and other projects have been released and more importantly Ubi have a lot of great games out now or coming very soon.... not just AC games but games like..... The Division, Rainbow 6, Trackmania Turbo (I love that game :) ) also For Honor plus Ghost recon wildlands..... 2 of the best games coming soon.... and that is just the ones we know. I'm not sure that producing so many great games leaves them much time to work on previous games no matter how much we love them :)

But the next AC will be EPIC and will use some of the ideas and requests here.

Mo.ni.ka
05-16-2016, 04:20 AM
Yes there are lots of possibilities when we can customise our own players weapons and outfits and our threads and posts here get sent to the devs so it could be a possibility for the next AC game but I don't think anything will be done to previous games. As JessiGirl said ACBF is now 3 years old and other projects have been released and more importantly Ubi have a lot of great games out now or coming very soon.... not just AC games but games like..... The Division, Rainbow 6, Trackmania Turbo (I love that game :) ) also For Honor plus Ghost recon wildlands..... 2 of the best games coming soon.... and that is just the ones we know. I'm not sure that producing so many great games leaves them much time to work on previous games no matter how much we love them :)

But the next AC will be EPIC and will use some of the ideas and requests here.

Since all of our Assassin's Creed games are using almost the same engine and file type, once Ubisoft officially allow modding then every Assassin's Creed can be modded. Also as I've said before I don't force them to make DLCs for old game. I just need them to allow modding and release tools for modding as I am a modder myself.

As for the new games, they all look ridiculously good and fun. But I've been an avid fan of Ubisoft's game for a long time (since the original Assassin's Creed) so I am really afraid of Ubisoft using trailers just to draw us in. As you know Ubisoft is really famous for making gameplay trailers that are much much better than the game itself. Please Ubisoft, don't f*ck this up.

Jessigirl2013
05-25-2016, 06:09 PM
I think if Ubisoft really think for the fans, the could have just released it with the game and called like "Edward Kenway's Signature Cutlass" and "Edward Kenway's Blunderbuss".
Ubisoft can actually make an update or release a DLC with a name like "Thank You Pack" and inlude those weapons I mentioned above. Since they don't have to make and rush a game this year so I think they can spen just a little time to make these weapons for the game. They don't have to worry about people not buying it as I know there are a lot of people have been waiting for these weapons. Why do they think making cool looking weapons in trailer and promo screenshots and didn't actually make it is a good idea. It's like :"Hey! We just make this new cool looking guy with these cool weapons. Do you like it? Of course you do! Then screw you because we want to do whatever we want to the game!"
I mean seriously, games are not suppose to be instant noodles. The image you promo have to be true, not just an illustration. The sickening thing is if those weapons were just for promotional only, they could have just drawn Edward's weapons differently in every promo arts and trailers. If you make Edward wield those weapons in every single thing you want to advertise about him then you have to make sure that they are actually in the game. The early promos and trailers are very important. It makes the fans grow more into the character and weapons you advertise. It makes the fans feel exciting to actually use those weapons in the game.

All I want to say is Ubisoft, please listen to the fans just for once. Why do you make every other Assassins can actually use the weapons in the trailers or promo artworks. Ezio get to use his Hidden Gun and Double Hidden Blades, Connor get to use his Tomahawk with the Assassins' insignia, Arno get to use his signature French Cutlass or Rapier, Jacob and Evie actually get to use the Kukri with Wooden Handle and the Eagle Shape Sword Cane. Why can't Edward get one? For now I can only hope that they can actually see this and make this come true or even better: allow modding so we can create more things for the Assassin's Creed Series. Let the fans be the Emperor of their own game. Make the universe of the Assassin's Creed game unique to every single player. Let the excitement for modding draw the fans more into the game.

They wont "listen to the fans" unless they get money from it.

Just look at the dreadful crimes DLC that PS4 got for free... They could of easily released it for free to other platforms as an update when the exclusivity period ended...
But no they HAD to profit somehow and charge players.!!!!:mad: