PDA

View Full Version : Lack of news - What is going on?

Dark-Whisperer
05-13-2016, 09:20 AM
So, this entire week we didnt't get any official news regarding Trial by Fire expansion. There are only three weeks left until release and we dont know the price and there is no preorder option. We don't have creature models on official blog, no townscreen, no town music, no words on automatic port opening without need to manually open ports outside the game, no idea about warfare units or classes and time grows shorter.
We should definitely have dev stream with Q&A to show us all new features before release but there is no word from UBI or Limbic anywhere.
Marketing and official blog team should step up their game. There is no excuse for lack of news and building hype this close to relaease.

ChiefOfHonour
05-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Why should they share all information about the new expansion? What about the joy of discovering all the new features while playing it? I wonder if one of the reason why so many players found MMH7 a bit boring was that there was so little to discover.
Sharing all information now just takes the fun out of it. What is even worse is that it will cause an avalanche of whining and complaining (because there will always be someone who is not happy with whatever choice have been made), and both moderators and developers end up wasting time sorting through all that crap.
No, I think that the information shared should be kept to a minimum (at least when it comes to the details), As said, it is only 3 weeks until planned release - we can wait that long.
The less we know, there more fun it will be finding out.

Dark-Whisperer
05-13-2016, 02:56 PM
At this point wast majority of potential buyers want to know exactly what they are buying. If UbiLimb keeps any new feature as secret they are doing no favor to themselves.

RobvD84
05-13-2016, 03:28 PM
Well to be fair i will wait untill i see multiple gameplay from different ppl. Ofcourse this expac has great potential, but i wont buy something from Ubi blindly anymore. Last time nostalgia and the brand name got to me.
Besides this, ever since H7 has been out the news and info has been pretty low.
Also i rather want them to spent time on the game instead of having to worry about ppl making a fuss when some info is released. Having said that, i do want them to share the info with us that can completely change the game. Giving them advice, before they are unable to fix it in time.

Antalyan
05-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Why should they share all information about the new expansion? What about the joy of discovering all the new features while playing it? I wonder if one of the reason why so many players found MMH7 a bit boring was that there was so little to discover.
Sharing all information now just takes the fun out of it. What is even worse is that it will cause an avalanche of whining and complaining (because there will always be someone who is not happy with whatever choice have been made), and both moderators and developers end up wasting time sorting through all that crap.
No, I think that the information shared should be kept to a minimum (at least when it comes to the details), As said, it is only 3 weeks until planned release - we can wait that long.
The less we know, there more fun it will be finding out.
I have never thought about it in this way but I must admit it is partly logical. Thanks to Shadow Council project (which I really liked btw.), we had an opportunity to see most of the game's aspects. Then, many people found something they did not like at all and thanks to that, they were very negative. More and more people joined them afterwards, along new features being revealed.

If you do know about the issues, you will buy the new game more likely. However I am not sure if it could help Ubi even in this case as really many people simply do not believe them any longer and if they know that they can expect something really cool, they might change their opinion.

So I think that not-much-info-sharing strategy could have been done earlier in the vanila development but now, as regards the release of addon, they should share as many promotional materials as possible and advertise the changes they are planning to do to attract the attention of people who have lost either their hope or interest and give H7 a chance for success.

As regards fun, yes, it is less interesting to play the game if you know what to expect, but can still enjoy the fun while playing AND additionally enjoy the news which are released even a lot of time before the game is released :D

Dark-Whisperer
05-16-2016, 10:51 PM
Can we get some official response regarding lack of information about expansion release?

Dark-Whisperer
05-17-2016, 06:18 PM
Is this game even supported anymore?

Antalyan
05-17-2016, 06:31 PM
No news from Ubi & Limbic for more than week.

Alarming.

RobvD84
05-17-2016, 06:45 PM
Lol nah. I think this shows they just don't throw around anything to get ppl's hope up. But i understand it could be nice to tell us everything is going according to plan. Altho they might be going for surprising us with what they have added in the expac. But i don't think this aproach is a very good 1. Especially since ppl are beeing catious. At the worst this could mean the end of this franchise.
But with what they told us, it already looks more promising than the vanilla game.

But yes giving this a bit more media attention couldn't hurt anyone.

Antalyan
05-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Hey Hey.
So a lot of the Faction and Addon info has actually been written, stuff like. Fortress skills/classes. Fortress townscreen, Fortress Neutrals PLUS my twitch stream (TBD) to answer anything left. I helped write some of them but the ones i didn't I've seen so I know they exist. It's simply a case of Ubisoft having release dates for such articles.
I don't know the price myself.
I just last week added the subtitles to all the trailers. They are pretty cool. And on top of that I'm not involved with any of the 'advert' type marketing, again Ubisoft.

Also it was a bit quiet because I was out of office for 4 days on business and public holiday.

That is it.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Hi Guys,

Please have a read here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1451198-Trial-by-Fire-new-release-date

Thanks for your patience