PDA

View Full Version : Most important thing Devs should have revealed by now

AFuture-Certain
05-11-2016, 10:18 PM
In a multiplayer centric game dedicated servers is a must. If this game is going to rely on P2P connections ,we are looking at a dead game in a month after release and killing the franchise's future. We know how p2p connections in Dark Souls work.Its terrible.

Devs should have revealed this by now. Dedicated servers saved the life of R6 Siege. I hope they do it again this time.

VodkaSlam
05-12-2016, 04:46 PM
In a multiplayer centric game dedicated servers is a must. If this game is going to rely on P2P connections ,we are looking at a dead game in a month after release and killing the franchise's future. We know how p2p connections in Dark Souls work.Its terrible.

Devs should have revealed this by now. Dedicated servers saved the life of R6 Siege. I hope they do it again this time.

This isnt true, the game is going to surpass many games due to the Solo/Co-op Campaign and Multiplayer Features alone. The online Multiplayer will most likely have dedicated Server but i rather not. If that single dedicated server gets over loaded, everyone is screwed. If they incorporate "Player Created Servers along with Dedicated also" Then we are looking at a 10/10 potential here. There are microscopic few which have both, but having a single Dedicated Server will be bad in the long future (Due to new games and developers bringing the server down).

I am looking forward to the Art of Battle Mechanic, the Co-op, the AI which you can face alone, in co-op or people online. AI has always been the answer for online games to fill in the space of empty player slots. It keeps the game going and the battles raging.

AFuture-Certain
05-12-2016, 08:13 PM
This isnt true, the game is going to surpass many games due to the Solo/Co-op Campaign and Multiplayer Features alone. The online Multiplayer will most likely have dedicated Server but i rather not. If that single dedicated server gets over loaded, everyone is screwed. If they incorporate "Player Created Servers along with Dedicated also" Then we are looking at a 10/10 potential here. There are microscopic few which have both, but having a single Dedicated Server will be bad in the long future (Due to new games and developers bringing the server down).

I am looking forward to the Art of Battle Mechanic, the Co-op, the AI which you can face alone, in co-op or people online. AI has always been the answer for online games to fill in the space of empty player slots. It keeps the game going and the battles raging.

You clearly don't know how gaming servers work in general let me correct you as an IT guy.

If that single dedicated server gets over loaded, everyone is screwed

''Server'' isn't just one thing and it never ever gets overloaded :p You can create hundreds of servers in a physical machine, A game ''Server' is' just a software thing.

In theory if we assume all created servers and its players slots become full in a physical machine, then the excess amount of incoming connections(players) will be routed to the next physical machine's servers.So no overloading here :cool:

but having a single Dedicated Server will be bad in the long future (Due to new games and developers bringing the server down).

It does not matter if a game use dedicated servers or peer to peer connections for long term availability as a multiplayer game needs an indexing/matchmaking server to connect players to each other(also transfer them to a dedicated server) or list player created servers to other players. If you take the indexing/matchmaking server down, it won't matter what connection type the game relies on.It will be dead.

And for the last part, this is a multiplayer first,single player second game and most of us will buy the game for PvP aspect of it. Expecting AI to fill a multiplayer game's empty slots is illogical.Don't be surprised if single player content is actually like R6 Sieges tutorial operations.

Willaguy2010
05-13-2016, 01:27 AM
Well the devs did say that there would be a full fledged campaign so I doubt that it's going to be a tutorial thing. I think relying on AI to fill player slots is a terrible idea, AI is way too easy and predictable to fill the role of a player. I agree that dedicated servers is a must for multiplayer games.

Fatal-Feit
05-13-2016, 05:59 AM
Well the devs did say that there would be a full fledged campaign so I doubt that it's going to be a tutorial thing. I think relying on AI to fill player slots is a terrible idea, AI is way too easy and predictable to fill the role of a player. I agree that dedicated servers is a must for multiplayer games.

It's not related to the thread so I apologize everyone, but I want to talk about this since it's brought up. On the contrary, I think the AI has enormous potential because of the Art of Battle system. It has a lot of room for AI adapting and scalability. I remember in the tutorial, the AI became really intelligent when it needed to be and could counter all of my attacks like they're nothing. Unlike the combat system you would get from Ryse or AC, the AoB system was made for a fair PvP so I think we should look at it from a fighting game perspective. There's a lot of depth in those games and the AI can become too flawless and intelligent on harder difficulties.