PDA

View Full Version : Today I took a For Honor Survey

RVSage
05-11-2016, 07:41 PM
Some interesting questions

Some on general games as such(Games played, genre preference e.t.c.

Some on For Honor (Game mode preference, most expected element of the game e.t.c)

I am primarily interested in the solo campaign. I really like the art of battle system, If the solo campaign is Ryse like, with the art of battle system, it will be perfected.

Fatal-Feit
05-12-2016, 12:12 PM
I was pretty curious about the campaign too. It seems like with enough results, they MIGHT reveal it early. The MP and combat system are perfect, but I'd like to see how the campaign is shaping up for a change.

I could settle with just texts and some concept art, tbh. :p

PrivateBonsai94
05-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Thought some questions asked deserved more explanation, with answer.

Dead1y-Derri
05-12-2016, 04:28 PM
I too took the survey. Great questions and its good to know they're interested in seeing what the fan base are looking forward too the most.

PrivateBonsai94
05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
yea but hard choices when u look forward to all of it, thank you dev. team

WYRDB0Y
05-12-2016, 09:22 PM
...its good to know they're interested in seeing what the fan base are looking forward too the most.

Been subscribed to the backstage thing since they announced it and I only got 1 mail from them.
I guess they don't care about the all the fan base then...
I'm mildly pissed of because of this, but wait til they exclude me from the beta, oh boy... :rolleyes:

Willaguy2010
05-13-2016, 01:29 AM
Been subscribed to the backstage thing since they announced it and I only got 1 mail from them.
I guess they don't care about the all the fan base then...
I'm mildly pissed of because of this, but wait til they exclude me from the beta, oh boy... :rolleyes:

That was a problem with regions, a lot of people in NA didn't get those emails, but all of the information from those emails is available here on the website.

AvarusTyrannus
05-16-2016, 08:28 AM
I wonder if they will consider a multiplayer campaign. Titanfall tried it and while it wasn't perfect it was an interesting concept. With the lore they have provided thus far they could run Campaign lobbies that begin with...the arrival of The Chosen. One team plays Chosen and one Legion, heroes would have to be faction locked for this game mode, first match is at the castle gates as seen in the E3 gameplay. If the Chosen win the next match is further into the city and if they lose they retreat and fight again in the woods...it could progress that way around, forward, and back to various maps/game modes depending on who wins each match. Let that run best out of 6 and from there you get an ending, did the Chosen sack the keep and route the Legion? Did the Legion beat back the invaders and drive them into the wastes they came from? Or was it a pyrrhic victory or either side followed up with the "victor" getting swamped by the third faction.

Anyways I think it might build some sense of a team if you play across a series of matches with an end goal in sight rather than just an endless stream of random lobbies. If they wanted to get really tricky about it the epilogue phase could lead on rather than start over. Do the teams continue to play as the same faction? If so are they trying to retake what they lost, hold back new invaders or a second wave, or do both crippled teams band together to fight a new menace (could allow for faction mixing here).

Obviously it would get complicated.

Willaguy2010
05-16-2016, 03:53 PM
I wonder if they will consider a multiplayer campaign. Titanfall tried it and while it wasn't perfect it was an interesting concept. With the lore they have provided thus far they could run Campaign lobbies that begin with...the arrival of The Chosen. One team plays Chosen and one Legion, heroes would have to be faction locked for this game mode, first match is at the castle gates as seen in the E3 gameplay. If the Chosen win the next match is further into the city and if they lose they retreat and fight again in the woods...it could progress that way around, forward, and back to various maps/game modes depending on who wins each match. Let that run best out of 6 and from there you get an ending, did the Chosen sack the keep and route the Legion? Did the Legion beat back the invaders and drive them into the wastes they came from? Or was it a pyrrhic victory or either side followed up with the "victor" getting swamped by the third faction.

Anyways I think it might build some sense of a team if you play across a series of matches with an end goal in sight rather than just an endless stream of random lobbies. If they wanted to get really tricky about it the epilogue phase could lead on rather than start over. Do the teams continue to play as the same faction? If so are they trying to retake what they lost, hold back new invaders or a second wave, or do both crippled teams band together to fight a new menace (could allow for faction mixing here).

Obviously it would get complicated.

I actually actually enjoyed the MP campaign for Titanfall. It gave purpose and a sense of accomplishment instead of the random MP battles that didn't really give an explanation as to why you're fighting. I don't think a true single player campaign would've worked for Titanfall anyways. It is way more action-focused than most games I've played and that usually doesn't mean it has room for an interesting story or characters.

AvarusTyrannus
05-16-2016, 05:48 PM
Likewise, I was sorry to hear the sequel will be doing a single player campaign. I'm a big fan of single player in fact it's mainly what I play, but I think Titanfall had a great concept there. The problem was it was too short and win or lose each match the result was the same. If they had made it branch out CYOA starfox 64 style then you could have all kinds of possible endings on various battlefronts. Something like that would certainly keep my entertained, and like you said it makes you feel a little more involved than standard multiplayer matches.