PDA

View Full Version : New to online, need help, I'm getting kicked from server

MesaBoog
03-06-2004, 08:12 AM
I am just starting to fly online in HyperLobby. I take off, get to altitude, engage the enemy, begin to attack, and I then get kicked off the server and have no idea why. Is this a connection issue, or am I doing something wrong. I read the briefings and I don't believe I am breaking any rules. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

MesaBoog
03-06-2004, 08:12 AM
I am just starting to fly online in HyperLobby. I take off, get to altitude, engage the enemy, begin to attack, and I then get kicked off the server and have no idea why. Is this a connection issue, or am I doing something wrong. I read the briefings and I don't believe I am breaking any rules. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Z1stDan
03-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Your ping rate may be too high and many servers have an auto kick for that so that high pings don't drag the game down. If that is your case the best thing to do is do what I eventually did and get cable. Once you go to cable you'll never go back.

More and more servers have this auto kick on so it is getting harder to find a server which does not do that.

MesaBoog
03-06-2004, 08:40 AM
I've got cable

BfHeFwMe
03-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Ask the host if he's getting cheat warnings when you drop. Had a guy kept getting kicked with the time outs and no warnings displayed at all, since I have mine set to give three warnings at rather moderate timings, couldn't have been that. He ended up doing a clean reinstall, that seemed to do the trick.

MesaBoog
03-06-2004, 09:27 AM
When Iwas flying, I did see a message that said cheating detected, but I assumed it wasn't me. What kind of cheating is it referring to. I had just taken off and am not aware of any cheating that I was doing.