PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate, What I liked

chris.hayes151
05-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Hey guys/girls, long term assassins creed fan, played the main games, etc etc.

While I'm glad Ubisoft is taking a year off, there was one bit about about AC Syndicate that stood out and should be considered for future AC games (don't roll your eyes this isnt a I want I want I want thread).

The outfits... Sounds simple right, but this is the first assassins creed game where I felt I could actually (within reason) blend in.

I'll start with Evie. Kudos was including a female protagonist, happy to see if it's well written and viable, and I think they really managed to nail the outfits. I think she stands out a little more than Jacob, but when a dress is the standard female outfit of the time, they have the make a few changes, which were done pretty well.

And now Jacob, with whom I was especially impressed with, from the Simply Jacob flatcap, all the way to Baron Jordanes Finery. They got the right balance of standing out and looking like a bad*ss, and still being passably believable as a (somewhat exotic) outfit of the time.

Obviously this is my opinion only so there may be disagreements, but what does everyone else think? Any particular outfit sets people liked?

SixKeys
05-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Hear, hear! The outfits in Syndicate are some of the best we've had due to their simplicity. I only wish we could remove Evie's cape at will. The one that's unlocked for her after WW1 is my second-favorite outfit in the entire series (after Alta´r).

Ubi-Banshee
05-09-2016, 08:28 PM
OH yes - I loved Evie's outfit as well especially, I felt that it was functional without losing femininity in a way that many, many games with female characters don't strike that cord between practicality and beauty.