PDA

View Full Version : sound

sayanwarrior
06-17-2004, 04:03 AM
i have the following system

3.2ghz (2000hmz) AMD 64 cpu (800fsb)
1gb 400hmz sycronous doubble sided ddr ram
128mb radeon 9800 pro gfx card (shareing 128mb system memory)
high end main board (latest amd chipsets ect)
16x dvd rom
4.1 pc sound card

right now i am able to run the game at the 2nd higest resolution with all other settings maxed out with not problems

i have a 6.1 digital (coaxial and optical) sound card built into the mainboard. I am going to buy a 6.1 speaker system for the game. If i use the onboard sound card will it affect my systems performance (on board sound cards take system ram and cpu clock cycles)

what i ant to know is should i buy a new pci sound card for the 6.1 speaker set or use the onboard one at the risk of reduced performace

sayanwarrior
06-17-2004, 04:03 AM
i have the following system

3.2ghz (2000hmz) AMD 64 cpu (800fsb)
1gb 400hmz sycronous doubble sided ddr ram
128mb radeon 9800 pro gfx card (shareing 128mb system memory)
high end main board (latest amd chipsets ect)
16x dvd rom
4.1 pc sound card

right now i am able to run the game at the 2nd higest resolution with all other settings maxed out with not problems

i have a 6.1 digital (coaxial and optical) sound card built into the mainboard. I am going to buy a 6.1 speaker system for the game. If i use the onboard sound card will it affect my systems performance (on board sound cards take system ram and cpu clock cycles)

what i ant to know is should i buy a new pci sound card for the 6.1 speaker set or use the onboard one at the risk of reduced performace

Carver559
06-17-2004, 01:53 PM
If I were you Iw ould get a new Sound card. I would do this because you will not only get decreased performance, you will also get decreased sound quality and game compatibility. I would recommend going with a Creative Audigy 2 LS or something in the Audigy 2 series. They can get pricey but they are the best sound cards money can buy and all the new games support them. Good Luck!!