PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in Ubisoft

LieutenantRex
05-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've made a thread, and that's because I've been considering whether my proposed contributions are even being acknowledged by Ubisoft and Darby, who I've heard is a very active member in the community.

As you all know, the Assassin's Creed games love espousing their penchant for historical accuracy, bar the overarching plot of the games. Yet again, Ubisoft has consistently displayed utter apathy for said historical accuracy by making each and every main character so far under average height. Altair was 5'7, Ezio 5'8, hunchback Connor 5'9, Edward 5'8, Arno 5'6, Shay 5'7, and Jacob and Evie both 5'8. It is truly immersion breaking to play short characters when the average height for men throughout history was 6'0. I cannot even bring myself to play the best game in the series, ACB, because Ezio is shorter than every male character model.

And now with the newest movie, Ubisoft has allowed a shorter than average man (Michael Fassbender is 5'11), to play a Spanish assassin, and Spaniards were noted in the past for their immense heights. Fassbender's part should have gone to a 6'2 actor at the very least, yet again we have another glaring inaccurate character who is supposed to have some semblance to the people of the time.

Ubisoft, I am very disappointed by your repeated failings to accurately represent men throughout history, and if the next game, apparently set in Egypt, has a character below average height depicting the common man, I will seriously question my faith in you as a company.

Shrykull_the1st
05-06-2016, 12:30 AM
I work with metres, and I have always seen 1,75m (5'9'') as normal masculine height. Fassbender is 1,83m, he is above average height (and, unless I err in conversion, 5'11'' is almost 6'). And what documents indicate that "immense" Spanish height? I am from Iberia and 1,75m is the average height here, many men are not even that high.

LoyalACFan
05-06-2016, 01:56 AM
I work with metres, and I have always seen 1,75m (5'9'') as normal masculine height. Fassbender is 1,83m, he is above average height (and, unless I err in conversion, 5'11'' is almost 6'). And what documents indicate that "immense" Spanish height? I am from Iberia and 1,75m is the average height here, many men are not even that high.

Rex makes a troll thread about character height every now and then, it's his gimmick. All the historical stats are BS.

RinoTheBouncer
05-06-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm sorry, but I think the height of the protagonist which is barely noticeable, is the least of our concerns. The franchise has a lot more important aspects that it needs to fix than focusing on whether the height of a protagonist is historically within the average or not.

Ubi-Banshee
05-06-2016, 04:12 PM
I, for one, feel that the protagonists of the series are if anything too tall. I've lobbied very hard to not have a main AC playable character over 5'2", you know, for realism.

Locopells
05-06-2016, 06:39 PM
Aw geeze, that time of year already?!

Black_Widow9
05-07-2016, 12:30 AM
I, for one, feel that the protagonists of the series are if anything too tall. I've lobbied very hard to not have a main AC playable character over 5'2", you know, for realism.
We tried, it just didn't really work out right. :p

http://gamer-network.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/assassin-s-creed-glitch-14-11-2014-002.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4e/de/ff/4edeffe46e17bcab10767cc4dfa082c7.jpg

Ureh
05-07-2016, 02:30 AM
On a serious note they should include a "giant" mode once you complete the game.

Npc: I see London, I see France, I see Arno's underpants.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7389/26766308092_7ed5e9472d_c.jpg

pacmanate
05-08-2016, 01:16 PM

JUST CAUSE YOU'RE 5'2 DOESN'T MEAN PROTAGONlSTS HAVE 2 B

Also, yeah I agree with the OP to an extent, but only for Ezio, dude was short as hell in comparison to everyone else. It's not game breaking though, there are plenty of things we could list that need to be improved in AC rather than heights.

Ubi-Banshee
05-09-2016, 08:31 PM
we tried, it just didn't really work out right. :p

http://gamer-network.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/assassin-s-creed-glitch-14-11-2014-002.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4e/de/ff/4edeffe46e17bcab10767cc4dfa082c7.jpg

that first picture is horrifying and hilarious?

Ubi-Banshee
05-09-2016, 08:33 PM
JUST CAUSE YOU'RE 5'2 DOESN'T MEAN PROTAGONlSTS HAVE 2 B

Also, yeah I agree with the OP to an extent, but only for Ezio, dude was short as hell in comparison to everyone else. It's not game breaking though, there are plenty of things we could list that need to be improved in AC rather than heights.

Please, I am a GIGANTIC 5'9" - I like to play short people because it makes me feel even taller ;)

Mr.Black24
05-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Please, I am a GIGANTIC 5'9" - I like to play short people because it makes me feel even taller ;)
You an inch taller than me....I'd still pwn you though lol

Welp its been already said that Altair is 6ft and Connor is 6ft 4in so....