PDA

View Full Version : A Proposal For A Future Assassin's Creed

RinoTheBouncer
05-04-2016, 09:30 PM
I hope the moderators excuse me for posting this separately, I have the utmost respect to the rules, but my intention here is to bring more attention to the whole idea, as it would be lost within the posts of the "Future AC Predictions" thread, since this isn't a mere mention of a location or a time period. Thanks in advance.

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/s960x960/13161749_1709691422615631_9054650762685465382_o.jp g

Dear Ubisoft,

The Assassin’s Creed meta-story, specifically the First Civilization mythology is based on the Ancient Astronauts theories that claim that an extraterrestrial civilization came to Earth, long ago and either created the human race, or interfered in the evolutionary process of pre-existing species to create a docile workforce, and early humans, due to the vast gap in the evolutionary level and knowledge of both races, viewed that extraterrestrial race as gods. Except that in Assassin’s Creed, this race is not extraterrestrial, but rather natives who evolved on Earth, and reached a highly advanced evolutionary and technological level, that they managed to create the human race, also as a docile workforce.

The Sumerian Civilization is one of the oldest civilizations known to mankind, alongside Ancient Egypt and those along with the Mayans have had their share of connections to the Ancient Astronauts theories.

An artifact known as “Baghdad Battery” was mentioned in present day files, in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag which is an ancient battery that was found in Iraq. It’s a clay jar that can actually use some sort of acid and rods to generate electricity, basically some form of galvanic cell, and that’s about 3000-6000 BC. So not only how did they know how to do it but what for? This artifact exists in real life, and ACIV:BF shed a light on, along with other artifacts known as “out of place artifacts” that fueled theories like these about a highly advanced civilization that may or may not have come from space, but either way, they created or helped early humans evolve from other species.

Some stories that came from tablets, written in cuneiform, told stories of ancient Sumerian kings that reigned for 43,000 years. This reminds me of how First Civilization members can live a lot longer than humans. Juno is about a 100 years old and she’s considered young. Minerva said “For centuries, Tinia and I walked the Earth”, after Toba Catastrophe, meaning that they can very well live over a thousand years, if not more.

Stories of massive animals, bulls with wings, horses that can fly, dangerous monsters, mighty rulers and kings, a flower growing at the bottom of a sea that can great it’s consumer eternal life, in addition to various miraculous events that defy logic. All this can be exaggerated yes, but one thing we’ve learned from Assassin’s Creed and history, is how a real event, can grow to become a story, and in time as a myth, until eventually being forgotten.

In addition to that, a lot of miraculous events in history, were explained by Assassin’s Creed as either the result of using a Piece of Eden, or a false image, an illusion projected inside the mind of the witnesses, enthralled by the effects of a Piece of Eden.

Mesopotamia could be a really rich era to explore since it’s historical and not fictional and it can easily link to the Pieces of Eden and the First Civilization.

If you go back to the Assassin Intel in Assassin’s Creed: Unity, an image taken from an extremely short video that Abstergo recorded from the memories of The Sage, John Standish, shows First Civilization members, dressed in warriors attires, in front of human rebels, and in the background, the architecture highly resembles Babylonian/Sumerian ones, as well as Ancient Egyptian. And that is also written in the description of the screenshot.

So Babylonian and Sumerian civilization are indeed connected to the First Civilization, one way or another. We do know that Toba Catastrophe occurred circa. 75,000 BC, way before any recorded historical evidence of the Mesopotamia or Ancient Egypt, but some theories claim for example that the Pyramids have existed long before we think they were, about 12,000 years ago.

Since we know the franchise does use certain pseudo-scientific theories and/or historical theories that aren’t confirmed to be true, but are interesting, nevertheless, in addition to that, a large portion of the history of Mesopotamia is shrouded in mystery, which gives room to the developers to innovate and create fiction within the facts. Instead of being limited to solid historical facts, and have more freedom creating a world that is historically accurate and free wherever there’s room for freedom.

The cities of ancient Sumer and Babylon are mesmerizingly beautiful, as shown in many concept arts, drawn by various artists according to what’s know about these cities. They had a range of massive structures, towers, beautiful castles, a big walled city, rivers, agricultural areas, deserts, small and humble houses..etc.

This wide range of scenery could present an outstanding and distinguished one-of-a-kind exploratory experience.

The city of Eridu, for example, shown in the figure, is considered the oldest city in southern Mesopotamia and argued to be the oldest city in the world. In Sumerian Mythology, Eridu was the home of the god, Enki, later known by Akkadians as Ea, who is considered to be the founder of the city. His Temple was called E-Abzu, as Enki was believed to live in Abzu, an aquifer from which all life was believed to stem.

Since we know that First Civilization members like Juno, Minerva, Jupiter, Consus..etc. were eventually regarded as gods and their names changed from one civilization to another, but they all referred to First Civilization members who were neither mythical gods, nor magicians, but rather a highly advanced race. Therefore, Enki and his “Temple” could very well be a First Civilization scientist who had something to do with the evolution/creation of the human race, that’s why he’s considered that all life was believed to come from him, according to the early humans.

In the Sumerian king list, Eridu, also known as Eridug, is named as the city of the first kings. The king list mentions Alulim, a king who ruled for 28,800 years, and Alalngar ruled for 36,000 years. They both ruled for 64,800 years and then Eridu fell and the kingship was taken to Bad-tibira.

Babylonian texts talk about the creation of Eridu by the god Marduk, as the first city “the holy city, the dwelling of their [the other gods] delight”.

So if we take a step back and examine the details above, we have beautiful cities that were never explored in a movie or game, and presenting such setting would be a massive change from the usual Assassin’s Creed in European or American regions circa. 1500-1900.

The wide variety of structures and scenery will encourage exploration, the vibrant colors and the power of today’s graphics would help present something everyone will be eager to explore.

With massive structures like the Ziggurats, castles, and temples, as well as structures that we know as myths, but could very well be real, like The Tower of Babylon would be great landmarks and enjoyable structures to climb and one of them could be home to a First Civilization artifact, stored in a high tech facility built by the Isu underneath those structures.

The cities could be crowded in people doing their daily chores, working, praying, shopping and their chatter could be heard, all mixed with beautiful ambient sounds and/or music. Merchants would be standing on their caravans, and warriors riding their horses and training outside the city walls.

Temples would be crowded during certain times of the day and empty in others, allowing players to plan their timing to enter and explore, as exploring wouldn’t be so free with the guards and people being fully alert in high activity times…etc.

The ports and river banks would be crowded in daytimes and more empty during the night. People performing various activities there, such as seeing off loved ones whom are traveling, while fishermen are fishing.

Farms lie on both sides of the rivers, as farmers harvest or water the plants and animals roam around.

The detailed historical myths, stories and facts will create a great stage for a very engaging story and a rich lore to explore, and the new cities, sacred figures (referencing First Civilization members) will create a whole new original world to explore that could very well span 2-3 more games to finish the arc and properly explore Mesopotamia in Sumerian and Babylonian ages.

Assassin’s Creed also known mentioned Iltani, an Assassin from Babylon (depicted in the figure in a beautiful art render, created by BB22Andy on DeviantArt) who used poison to Assassinate her targets. This puts the magnifying glass on a different method of Assassination that is used in multiple Assassin’s Creed games, but was never a main weapon.

Setting a game around that time period could show us how the Hidden Blade was created and what weapons were used before it. And we’ve also known historically that weapons were different in that time, meaning we won’t be using rifles and guns nor any complex weaponry, but rather have a light, skilled Assassins with simple, yet efficient weapons, further promoting stealth, something the franchise often wants to enforce through compulsory and optional objectives, in various shapes and forms.

In addition to that, the people, their beliefs, the architecture, their lifestyle, language, music, fashion, politics, social values, rules..etc. were entirely different from those that came later, which were often inspired by religion and more modern cultures.

Mesopotamia is also an area rich in water, with two rivers, The Tigris and The Euphrates, being two essential arteries that facilitated transportation as well as agriculture. Concept arts show boats used in that time period, which, if implemented in game, could be a great way to travel the vast regions of ancient Iraq, on water, and bring back sailing in smaller scale than Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, but in an equally entertaining manner.

All this would create an brand new and original experience that could very well be the most impressive Assassin’s Creed to date, given that the fictional story, set around that time, around the Assassins, the Templars as well as the modern day and First Civilization story which knits all this together, is engaging and memorable enough, with interesting characters, and an experience that is long and detailed enough to evoke the emotions of the players and cling in their minds like Altair and Ezio did to most fan of the franchise.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,
Reno/RinoTheBouncer

ze_topazio
05-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Fantastic post Rino, you always put so much detail and passion in your suggestions, it's hard not to admire. :)

ERICATHERINE
05-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Great post.

Also, this could make a md protagonist search for a way to kill Juno with great success, with all these first civ. members around. I feel like I would love a game like that way more than at least many other Assassin's creed games. ^-^

RVSage
05-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Well written, great post . The details are simply great, And I agree with all your suggestions

Dieinthedark
05-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Very nice idea, and well written piece. Definitely want AC to go way back in history that's for sure.

Assassin_M
05-05-2016, 09:56 PM
While I do admire the dedication, research and time put into this post, I'm gonna have to say that I'm not really keen on this. As of this point, I have no interest in the mythos or lore of the first civilization. Time and time again, AC has failed this aspect of its story many times for two reasons:

1) It didn't find a suitable and consistent way to explore the first civilization. Some games, they're given a lot of importance, other games they're afterthoughts.

2) Years of convolution and plot holes. Perhaps at one point, there was a concise vision for what the first civilization was and how they the three important members tied to the main story but that's long gone now.

There's really no point in exploring them anymore. At this point, any more exploration will herald nothing but more "things" of Eden. That's it. That's what every story about AC has been so far. A new MacGuffen. Magic lamp. That's boring. It makes for bland story telling. This is my greatest fear about the next AC game, supposedly set in ancient Egypt. I don't want First Civ mythos to overshadow good story telling. Because let's face it, the next game will have a new "thing" of Eden. It'll be able to heal heart pain or make earth rotate in the other direction or some other such nonsense. The ONLY AC that has managed to successfully weave a MacGuffen into the main story was AC IV and that was solely because of its premise. Take the Observatory from AC IV and place it in any other AC game and it loses its splendor. Tie it in with pirates and treasure and you have AC IV.

I'm just not feeling it, man.

ERICATHERINE
05-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Because let's face it, the next game will have a new "thing" of Eden.

Well, maybe not. Only by considering the rumor about ac empire, there is many pieces of eden that could be featured.

There is the staff of eden of Moses, the shroud and/or apple of Jesus. Also, if the game would be set in Egypt without it being ancient, there is the apple Arno found in dead kings. Not to mention the possibility of an old piece of eden returning without us having seen it in the lore. ^-^

dxsxhxcx
05-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Well, maybe not. Only by considering the rumor about ac empire, there is many pieces of eden that could be featured.

There is the staff of eden of Moses, the shroud and/or apple of Jesus. Also, if the game would be set in Egypt without it being ancient, there is the apple Arno found in dead kings. Not to mention the possibility of an old piece of eden returning without us having seen it in the lore. ^-^

I believe what he meant is that the game will have a PoE, no matter which one (new or old)

RinoTheBouncer
05-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Fantastic post Rino, you always put so much detail and passion in your suggestions, it's hard not to admire. :)

Thank you so much! Your support is greatly appreciated.

Great post.

Also, this could make a md protagonist search for a way to kill Juno with great success, with all these first civ. members around. I feel like I would love a game like that way more than at least many other Assassin's creed games. ^-^

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I believe the possibilities are endless and the deeper we dive in history, the more chances there will be to get closer to mysteries that could help us defeat Juno. And modern day has to somehow be expanded and grow towards finding a way to defeat her. But first, I wish she gains a physical form, and make change in the world. I don't want this to be another war behind the scenes, that only Assassins and Templars know of. I'd love to see a full scale war going on in modern day.

Well written, great post . The details are simply great, And I agree with all your suggestions

Thank you so much!

While I do admire the dedication, research and time put into this post, I'm gonna have to say that I'm not really keen on this. As of this point, I have no interest in the mythos or lore of the first civilization. Time and time again, AC has failed this aspect of its story many times for two reasons:

1) It didn't find a suitable and consistent way to explore the first civilization. Some games, they're given a lot of importance, other games they're afterthoughts.

2) Years of convolution and plot holes. Perhaps at one point, there was a concise vision for what the first civilization was and how they the three important members tied to the main story but that's long gone now.

There's really no point in exploring them anymore. At this point, any more exploration will herald nothing but more "things" of Eden. That's it. That's what every story about AC has been so far. A new MacGuffen. Magic lamp. That's boring. It makes for bland story telling. This is my greatest fear about the next AC game, supposedly set in ancient Egypt. I don't want First Civ mythos to overshadow good story telling. Because let's face it, the next game will have a new "thing" of Eden. It'll be able to heal heart pain or make earth rotate in the other direction or some other such nonsense. The ONLY AC that has managed to successfully weave a MacGuffen into the main story was AC IV and that was solely because of its premise. Take the Observatory from AC IV and place it in any other AC game and it loses its splendor. Tie it in with pirates and treasure and you have AC IV.

I'm just not feeling it, man.

I respect your opinion. But to be quite honest, I don't think the setting is gonna change anything. I mean would it be any different if this was Spain in 1400 or 1500? or Russia in 1800s or any other part of the world? Either way, it's gonna be another hunt for a "thing" of Eden. Except that in this setting, or in Ancient Egypt, we'd see something that movies and games rarely offered.

I mean Syndicate had a hunt for both The Shroud and the other Piece of Eden. And either way, we didn't get to see much of a story built for that artifact, rather than a treasure hunt. And there was no real First Civilization site in the game, nor was Juno's role that big, except for the very last 5 seconds. I did like it, but it felt like a teaser, rather than actual story progression.

The modern day and First Civ. story did go through various convulsions, yes but I don't see how they can end it. I don't wanna just start on a blank new slate in the next game like nothing ever happened before. I'd rather have them finish it in some way, without throwing more breadcrumbs to delay the time for a final solution for it, and then perhaps they can start with something totally new.

But my main point with suggesting Mesopotamia is because it's a totally new setting, and we haven't really seen it anywhere in any game or movie. And to be quite honest, if the next game is in Spain or Germany or Russia, I'll be honest and say that I won't really be excited for it. I was happy that they were done with Paris and London, because I knew that these two had to happen because many demanded them, but I truly wanna go back to ancient times to see something new, something original and special.

While what I wrote did mention how that setting would help get closer to the First Civ., I also intended for it to be a suggestion of the setting as a whole, because I know that wherever they take us, it'll have its own POE, and it's own very minimalistic First Civ. and modern day story, with very little progress, so at least the area we'll be exploring would be something new, and not something a thousand other movies and games took us to.

Sorrosyss
05-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Awesome work as always dear Rino. :) i always remain in awe of your attention to detail.

I could personally go for this setting. The ancient world fascinates me, and I do tend to agree that alot of what was once known has been forgotten. The opportunity to bring in the Isu to areas of little recorded history is of course compelling. I've always found the architecture of the First Civilization sites amazing, with the sharp line edges. When I look at a real world site like Tiwanaku, or Pumapunku, I can't help but imagine the fantastic stories that could be told there.

http://i.imgur.com/R0MBXvc.jpg

The further back in history we go, you could argue the more viable it is to do a proper expansion on the Isu story. Darby certainly suggested they had written thousands of years of history for them, so I'd love to see it played out. The series may be known for historical tourism, but at a certain point if you go back far enough you have little evidence to compare against, and it will ultimately become fantasy. In my view, thats the point that the storytelling could end up being the most exciting, something unknown, something different.

My personal taste is that I'd still like to see the Far East (China, Japan, Korea) in a full fledged game, if only for a proper change in architecture and religion. But I certainly see the appeal to Mesopotamia. Anything but Europe is good honestly. :p

ERICATHERINE
05-07-2016, 02:33 AM
Thanks a lot!

Yes, I believe the possibilities are endless and the deeper we dive in history, the more chances there will be to get closer to mysteries that could help us defeat Juno. And modern day has to somehow be expanded and grow towards finding a way to defeat her. But first, I wish she gains a physical form, and make change in the world. I don't want this to be another war behind the scenes, that only Assassins and Templars know of. I'd love to see a full scale war going on in modern day.

And that's without counting the anks. It's without a doubt a piece of eden we have never seen that we could see in a game like empire. ^-^

Assassin_M
05-07-2016, 03:24 AM
I respect your opinion. But to be quite honest, I don't think the setting is gonna change anything. I mean would it be any different if this was Spain in 1400 or 1500? or Russia in 1800s or any other part of the world? Either way, it's gonna be another hunt for a "thing" of Eden. Except that in this setting, or in Ancient Egypt, we'd see something that movies and games rarely offered.

I mean Syndicate had a hunt for both The Shroud and the other Piece of Eden. And either way, we didn't get to see much of a story built for that artifact, rather than a treasure hunt. And there was no real First Civilization site in the game, nor was Juno's role that big, except for the very last 5 seconds. I did like it, but it felt like a teaser, rather than actual story progression.

The modern day and First Civ. story did go through various convulsions, yes but I don't see how they can end it. I don't wanna just start on a blank new slate in the next game like nothing ever happened before. I'd rather have them finish it in some way, without throwing more breadcrumbs to delay the time for a final solution for it, and then perhaps they can start with something totally new.

But my main point with suggesting Mesopotamia is because it's a totally new setting, and we haven't really seen it anywhere in any game or movie. And to be quite honest, if the next game is in Spain or Germany or Russia, I'll be honest and say that I won't really be excited for it. I was happy that they were done with Paris and London, because I knew that these two had to happen because many demanded them, but I truly wanna go back to ancient times to see something new, something original and special.

While what I wrote did mention how that setting would help get closer to the First Civ., I also intended for it to be a suggestion of the setting as a whole, because I know that wherever they take us, it'll have its own POE, and it's own very minimalistic First Civ. and modern day story, with very little progress, so at least the area we'll be exploring would be something new, and not something a thousand other movies and games took us to.
You misunderstand. You're right, no matter when AC takes place we'll inevitably have the Macguffen. What I'm saying is that in the past, PoEs served the theme of the story. They weren't static thingamajigs. The Apple had a narrative purpose. It symbolized power. That theme weaved itself brilliantly into AC I's premise and only sightly worse in AC II's. Since then, we got introduced to Shrouds of Eden, Ankhs of Eden, Swords of Eden, Staves of Eden. Why? Yeah, they're cool little tidbits about how history's greatest miracles were the result of those devices but it made the Apple lose its splendor. The Apple went from inducing illusions to ACTUALLY physically interacting with people. It became a usable weapon in gameplay. That's crazy. Who does that? Who takes a prime symbol of narrative brilliance and dumbs it down to be a playable weapon?

I know that this is cool for some people and I'm sure people liked playing with the apple and sword...etc. In my opinion, going so far back in time and having the setting of the story so ingrained in the lore of those who came before wouldn't be appealing to me because I've seen how they handle PoEs. I would love a game set in Iraq, don't get me wrong but I would prefer ANY setting after BC.

KittyRino
05-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Ubisoft already did hanging gardens they can be found in the Prince of Persia the two thrones and little in ww.
But very good suggestion tho :)

PS: You should watch chariots of god documentary on youtube,its little older but great to rewiew.