PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer size

TG_Snyder187
05-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I have just 1 question. Is this game going to have a respectable player vs player count? I saw a demo of 4 vs 4 which is extremely low, i'd expect an amount like that to coincide with 4 players vs AI army or something like that.

I would like to see some ambition from the big developers in making a 50 vs 50 game mode(s) and this would be the ideal game type for it.

Willaguy2010
05-04-2016, 09:24 AM
The devs said that they were comfortable with 4v4 because like Gears of War you know who is a good duelist and who isn't. With 4 players on the enemy team you know their styles, and it's a more intimate sort of combat. With the combat system I really don't think 50v50 is a good idea, there were times in the demo that I played where 2v1 or 3v1 was nearly impossible to defend against and wasn't very fun because the whole up left or right attack system isn't meant for more than one player. Plus in games with 100 player matches the time to kill is usually short to make it quick paced and action packed, but with this game it takes a while to kill someone especially if they're good at defending which would lead to very slow, chaotic massive battles.

In other words, more players does not always equal more fun.

TheWhatReport
05-04-2016, 08:43 PM
I agree with Willaguy2010, but it also depends on the gamemode and gamestyle. I personally haven't played the game yet, but looking at all the gameplay videos and info forums tells me that it would be chaotic. The time to kill isn't fast-pace and (2v1 or more) could be frustrating.

Although if they design a large scale map with separate corridors it might work to have a 6v6 or 8v8. Which would be interesting!
(Example of a map Broken down Large Scale) Build a map that breaks into three separate bridges that loop around in a circle
giving opportunity to split in smaller teams (per bridge) and open battle (at each teams spawns open circle)

Zercon.
05-04-2016, 11:36 PM
12 vs 12 will be the biggest match Ubi will put out or has so far

Sparley
05-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I don't think a gamemode with a lot of players would work that well. For Honor is a game that focuses on individual skill and if you have a gamemode with a large amount of players i think that you won't fell like you are making a difference.

Dispatcher.
05-15-2016, 03:32 PM
There definitely needs to be opportunity to gang up on more talented players. It would be awesome to take on multiple opponents and survive. And it would also be kind of historically accurate to see a skilled fighter lose to multiple opponents. Meet someone who is obviously too skilled for you? Keep him busy until your friends arrive. :)