PDA

View Full Version : Dear Uplay

edkmania
05-04-2016, 01:36 AM
So the first chance I've had to use Uplay was recently as I found a good deal on a game I was interested. Previous to this, while never opposed to using Uplay, it was something that I avoided if I could due to what you could call "game client satiation". However, now that I've had some experience using the client, I'd like to offer some thoughts.

First all, Uplay starts up quicker than any other client I use, including Steam (~11 years of use), Origin, and GOG Galaxy. This was very much to my suprise, even though I'm not sure if it's because I have a very limited number of games, this is still quite nice.

I just don't understand why Uplay is something that does not have an in-client way, like a checkbox, to have the client start with Windows. I realize there is a work around via creating a shortcut in the startup folder, but that just kind of smacks with laziness.

I'd like to say also, there's no performance loss or weird CPU use, the client itself seems perfectly functional and stays out of the way, which is what it's supposed to do. So, thanks for that.

Please add a small list mode (yes like Steam). This is a matter of usability and screen space. I don't feel too much need to explain that as only those playing devil's advocate won't get it. Origin and Galaxy are really slacking in this department as well. But let's be real, there's a reason Steam has a small mode list.

Okay, a bit no-no now. I don't need Uplay to present itself to me each and every time I close the game. I get it you want to advertise, but not giving more advanced users to hit a check box in settings, say for example to "keep Uplay minimized after closing game", then what you do is not advertise, but antagonize. If users don't want to check that check box, then by all means, those are users that your advertising may appeal to. But if you want to ingratiate yourself into a larger community, then you gotta step your game up and realize we need just a bit more.

That's it really. Not a bad client really, just needs some more effort put into giving us some more usability options.

Thanks.

Black_Widow9
05-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

We really appreciate your detailed feedback.

Thank you