PDA

View Full Version : 3 urgent questions - I need to know.......please

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 01:17 AM
Great game !!! I play IL2-Sturmovik (not FB), and I have 3 questions very important for me (sorry about my english :-)

1. In IL2-Sturmovik there are points for good LANDING ?

2. About one MISSION - Russian fighter/Stalingrad/
date 23 August 1942, type - Intercept, plane - Yak-1B : so, I do everything,no one enemy bomber is reached Stalingrad, but mission is still FAILED, why ?? It is simple mission. (I always play with difficulty HARD)

3. TRACKS !!! Is something wrong with my tracks, hard to explain with my poor english, but i will try. When I see my plane in track, I dont see enemy, its look like i shoot in air :-) When I change view to enemy plane, I don't see my own plane. Worse, my pilot is always killed in mission (IN TRACK from), but I was alive !!! And landing !!! Very strange and sad for me :-(
What's wrong ?
I have Pentium 4 2,4Ghz, 512 RAM DDR 333, SB Audigy Platinum, ATI Radeon 9700 with 128 MB RAM.

Thank You for answer...

Stary Wuj - POLAND, Warsaw

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 01:17 AM
Great game !!! I play IL2-Sturmovik (not FB), and I have 3 questions very important for me (sorry about my english :-)

1. In IL2-Sturmovik there are points for good LANDING ?

2. About one MISSION - Russian fighter/Stalingrad/
date 23 August 1942, type - Intercept, plane - Yak-1B : so, I do everything,no one enemy bomber is reached Stalingrad, but mission is still FAILED, why ?? It is simple mission. (I always play with difficulty HARD)

3. TRACKS !!! Is something wrong with my tracks, hard to explain with my poor english, but i will try. When I see my plane in track, I dont see enemy, its look like i shoot in air :-) When I change view to enemy plane, I don't see my own plane. Worse, my pilot is always killed in mission (IN TRACK from), but I was alive !!! And landing !!! Very strange and sad for me :-(
What's wrong ?
I have Pentium 4 2,4Ghz, 512 RAM DDR 333, SB Audigy Platinum, ATI Radeon 9700 with 128 MB RAM.

Thank You for answer...

Stary Wuj - POLAND, Warsaw

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 01:35 AM
i'll try to help if i can.

1) as fas as i know there are no points awarded for landing, however a successfull landing will get you full point value. for instance most fighters are worth 100 points. after crashing or being killed, you recieve 10% of the points, bailing or crash landing in enemy territory will get you 50%, bailing/crash landing in friendly territory gets you 70%, and landing successfully gets you 100%. so the points you recieve would be 10, 50, 70 and 100 respectively. it may seem like you get a bonus for landing, but you actually just get penalties for not landing.

2) Check for other objectives. if you were supposed to protect vehicles from the bombers, they could still be getting killed by other land forces.

3) This track problem has been around for a while, but it seems that if you click the 'start recording' button while in the game instead of clicking save track at the end, you'll get better results.

hope that helps.

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 01:42 AM
Thank You RS !!!

I will try with tracks (really strange)

In this mission I must (with my wing) shot down enemy bombers (Heinkels and Junkers), hmmm, I will try again, I love this game.

Stary Wuj

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 01:54 AM
BY THE WAY :-)

I check it, where is button START RECORDING ???
I dont see it, when I'am in the mission.
when I press ESC i dont see it too......

Stary Wuj

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 01:59 AM
No Text

Message Edited on 10/14/0301:04AM by LEDER

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 02:35 AM
that's because that option is only available in the sequel: Forgotten Battles.

I know what mission you are talking about, is from the original IL-2.. russian campaign. You have to shoot down all of the bombers before reaching Stalingrad. That mission took me more than a few tries because there's not enough ammo for all the planes

"The Sturmoviks are as needed as water and bread" -J. Stalin

The 201st Mexican Fighter Squadron was sent to the Pacific after the sinking of 2 mexican cargo ships in the Gulf of Mexico by a U-boat in 1942

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/criminal/charlesmanson.jpg
Which Evil Criminal are You? (http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/criminal/)
<center>http://www.pcfun.com.mx/foros/attachment.php?s=&postid=5334

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 02:36 AM
hmm, maybe the start recording button isn't there in the original, i'll have to load it up again and check. i know this was the problem with the latest FB versions but i'm not sure about the original.

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 02:43 AM
ok, theres no button there in original il-2, i think you might want to just try recording it again. sometimes it just gets a bit screwy i suppose. it might just be some problem you'll have to work around.

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 02:47 AM
For replaying the track.

- leave the options at the default before starting the track (loop on, messages on, views and time compression off).

- let the track play for a minute.

- hit esc, and from there adjust the options (like switch time compression and manual views on).

Note that no track will ever play properly if the track was made using a different patch version than it is being played under.

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 02:48 AM
If your track recording looks funny; your plane crashes or it flies sideways or the target aircraft is not exactly where you remember it or whatever, the reason USUALLY is that you changed the time too oten. When I was new to the game I used to slow down EVERY close contact and my tracks were usually corrupted, (in IL-2). When I reduced the use of "time slow/slower" my tracks usually stayed in good shape.

Falcon

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_09.gif