PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Improving the player experience – topic: Cheating & exploits

Pages : [1] 2

Natchai_Ubisoft
04-29-2016, 10:52 AM
From the very beginning of development, our emphasis has always been on the player experience and how good we want it to be. We have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience. Unfortunately, the gameplay experience was recently impaired by in-game bugs and players violating the rules of the game. In order to bring back a better and healthier environment, we have taken new steps to address the situation.

CHEAT ENGINES

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you in the Dark Zone, and we’ve heard this feedback loud and clear. We are strengthening our efforts to address this problem, as described below.

First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

We anticipate these two changes will noticeably improve your experience. New upgrades on cheat detection are underway.

BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

An exploit is the active triggering and use of a bug or glitch to bypass established game rules in order to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.

Identifying and fixing bugs before releasing new content is one of the most important parts of game development. This is also the best way to guarantee a smooth and enjoyable experience for our players. Learning from the past and your great feedback, we are currently reviewing our development and testing process to further minimize the amount and impact of these bugs going forward.

Unfortunately, we cannot simulate the experience that millions of different players will have, and how they will play the game. As a result, some bugs may make it through testing, and may be present when an update is deployed. In the event that a bug makes it into the game, and this bug can be used by players to gain an advantage, we need to be able to react and fix it, but also dissuade players from exploiting this bug until it is fixed. This is why moving forward we will adopt a stronger stance against players abusing exploits.

Our first step is to give you clearer and more concrete visibility. Should new bugs be discovered, we will quickly confirm if these are considered exploits. All known exploits will be clearly listed in a public forum thread and across our various communication platforms. We want all players to be informed. This will ensure that those caught after an exploit was confirmed are aware of the consequences and actions that can be taken against them.

Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about.

As mentioned earlier, providing a high-quality experience is our priority. Fixing game bugs is one aspect of it, and we are improving our processes to address that. Dissuading players from impairing others’ gameplay by violating the rules of the game is another aspect. We also want to give you better visibility and transparency. We are fully committed to providing an enjoyable and fair environment for all our players, and will take all steps necessary to achieve this goal.

See you in game!

The Division Team

subpeo
04-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Wow, very nice. I hope it works out well.

P.S. Has anyone looked at the stuff I reported to you via PM?

Neumeusis
04-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Hello,

This is a nice official communication.
Like it !

Hope the best for the future of The Division !

Regards,

KenKoerperich
04-29-2016, 11:20 AM
Hope this means you will actually be using YouTube to bust people. 95% post the exploits/hacks/glitches there. Will be nice if you follow through w/ this!

But, highly unlikely..... :confused:

lnw.Last-Shot
04-29-2016, 11:24 AM
what about Spammers? are you gonna do something about them?

Fuz Fragstealer
04-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Awesome!

Although I wish that rules and regulations like these had been made crystal clear from the start - this gives us hope for a better game experience, going forward.

Eziras
04-29-2016, 11:33 AM
This is great news Natchai, for both the players, the dev team and the community as a whole, if you guys are able to follow through on this one it is surely to start turning things around for the better http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/h/hooray.gif

Glad to see that my belief in the future of this game is not being put to shame :)

OldGrumpyGamer
04-29-2016, 11:34 AM
Although I wish that rules and regulations like these had been made crystal clear from the start

It's as easy as thinking "Is it acceptable to be a ****** bag that cheats and exploits." in whatever you do, gaming or not.
The answer BTW is a big NO! :rolleyes:

Much easier that way. :D

Mezetha
04-29-2016, 11:38 AM
Very very good! I knew and always was sure Ubisoft won´t allow cheaters to destory that perl of a game! Yea i´m a fanboy! Stop glorifiying Cheaters by naming them as Hackers btw.. ;-)

subpeo
04-29-2016, 11:40 AM
Very very good! I knew and always was sure Ubisoft won´t allow cheaters to destory that perl of a game! Yea i´m a fanboy! Stop glorifiying Cheaters by naming them as Hackers btw.. ;-)
It's #C of a game. Bum tsss!

JayKay040792
04-29-2016, 11:47 AM
As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

But the game will be empty:(

Only joking, good riddance.

Keep up the good work Natchai and team:)

Kingsman203
04-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Thank you for officially declaring your stance on cheating and exploiting. Looking forward to balance and loot changes as well. :)

Sir.Tegyr
04-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Great step forward!! Can I just add, that players caught using hacks should have their accounts rolled back. They would have had an easier time getting all the loot than people using exploits, so I feel that this is a fair punishment to go with the 14 day ban. This would also be a major factor in deterring other people from using hacks.

Diedel443
04-29-2016, 11:55 AM
So everybody that exploited the incursion is safe ? And everybody that did not is screwed for the next one ?

While i appreciated that after weeks you finally try to get your act together, ignoring anything that happened is a bad move for all the "honest" players.

baja2215
04-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Question ... those who have exploited up to now and have full top-spec gear sets etc .... is anything going to be done in response to them? It's all very well now and I appreciate the change in stance but running around in the DZ with a GS of 180ish still puts us at a huge disadvantage against these uber-geared exploiters until you provide a route for the situation to equalize! Perhaps I missed something on the statement but doesn't seem to suggest any punishment for the exploiters to-date?

ITALionz
04-29-2016, 12:04 PM
Good News!!!
Hope this is going to work as intended and applied correctly!

GramTooNoob
04-29-2016, 12:11 PM
I recommend that you also improve on your in-game reporting system. Also, consider providing reward for the report after the cheater is confirmed ban, that will at least help to reduce some of the grievous and provide "feedback" to victims that something is done.

Kyosji
04-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Hope this means you will actually be using YouTube to bust people. 95% post the exploits/hacks/glitches there. Will be nice if you follow through w/ this!

But, highly unlikely..... :confused:

Maybe if people start putting in more info in these youtube videos, they can act better on them. Information such as date and time experienced so they can go back on their servers and look up the ienformation of the possible cheat. Far too many links here claiming "confirmed hacker" I've noticed to have a high possibility of lag, and some times people not seeing an explosion forming on their body from a single sniper shot with explosive bullets (which most times can cause instant downs). That's why they can't just trust what they see on youtube as solid proof.

Spenhouet
04-29-2016, 12:28 PM
I really think that someone who purposely installed a cheating/hacking tool should get a instand permaban.

Kyosji
04-29-2016, 12:32 PM
I really think that someone who purposely installed a cheating/hacking tool should get a instand permaban.

Was hearing from the Hammish stream yesterday and from the Massive employee comments on reddit, there is some sort of EU law prohibiting them to outright permaban someone, and first offense cannot be longer than 15 days. Again, not sure if it's real, but some others said it was some EU consumer protection law.

subpeo
04-29-2016, 12:37 PM
It does sound silly enough to be EU regulation, but I didn't manage to find it anywhere. Also its first time ever I hear about this regulation.

Diedel443
04-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Was hearing from the Hammish stream yesterday and from the Massive employee comments on reddit, there is some sort of EU law prohibiting them to outright permaban someone, and first offense cannot be longer than 15 days. Again, not sure if it's real, but some others said it was some EU consumer protection law.

I have never heard anything about something like that and i am pretty sure nothing like that happen in games like BF4.

MisterCrow83
04-29-2016, 12:40 PM
"First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban."

I am no expert on this sort of thing, so I can only guess but...

I hope this means that you are banning their UPlay accounts if found to be cheating, not the in-game character account. If you choose the latter, surely it would mean that players just create a new character and apply a hack to get insta-level 30, etc again? If you ban their entire UPlay account, they can no longer login and play the game at all. Sure, they could go recreate a new UPlay account, but they'd have to buy the game again (which I think most folk would unlikely do).

Severe punishment I know, but hackers / cheater really do spoil this otherwise excellent game and should be punished very harshly IMO (it will severely affect sales in the long run too). Sure Mr hacker might moan about you stopping them from playing a game they legitimately paid ~£70 for, but surely if there is hard-proof of them exploiting the game, Ubisoft have the right to permanently ban their account?

Tired of cheats / hackers - ruined DayZ mod for me, and now this :(. Hopefully the future will be bright for this game.

Kyosji
04-29-2016, 12:41 PM
I have never heard anything about something like that and i am pretty sure nothing like that happen in games like BF4.

They may not have to deal with it in that game, as I don't believe the main company is located in the EU. I may be wrong here, though.

Hamsta_Ger
04-29-2016, 12:44 PM
still can't believe that cheating won't end up in a perm ban right away. are you so in need of the bit of extra money you would make when they buy some dlc?
there is absolutely no reason not to perm ban proven cheaters right away and block their ability to purchase the game again for that uplay account

WhiteGreeD
04-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah there should be banned perm for uplay acc like in steam you have 50 games you lose all of them but ofc you need 2 have proof for it logs videos but some time game have lag and wierd things so ...

kobkob88
04-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Thank you Natchai & the team for clearing things up. keep up the good work!

PS: come back to stream! x.x

IFASTLUCK
04-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Wow, that is great news. I am starting to see the future of this game a lot more positive after this announcement. Keep it up! :)

Natchai_Ubisoft
04-29-2016, 01:00 PM
I'll attempt to answer some questions you have posed concisely.

Does this mean people who've exploited the incursion and have all the gear will not be punished?
The processes and stance laid out in the article is for everything going forward.

Do permanent bans happen on Uplay accounts?
Yes, all suspensions and bans are based on Uplay accounts, not characters.

Why don't you permaban cheaters instantly?
As has been mentioned, there are some legal constraints that prevent us from doing this.

You should communicate numbers and/or names of banned players!
We're aware that a large part of the community would like to see communication such as this, however it is not currently our intention to do this.

We need a better reporting system!
We're aware that the current /report feature is not optimal. Our dev team will work on this feature to bring it in line with our vision of how it should work and look.

tropolite
04-29-2016, 01:01 PM

..and so we find that there was a reason why Massive/Ubisoft were taking their time in making the decision on these problems... there are legal obligations that need to be taken into account and this takes a long time to companies to resolve.

It'd be nice if we could just flip a switch and not worry about the ramifications but alas global companies such as a Massive and Ubisoft cannot. This is why a little patience is needed.

Looking forward to enjoying reading the posts on the forum soon... when things start settling down. Happy Days.

TealT68
04-29-2016, 01:03 PM
After the 14 day ban- do you have a way to monitor the player behaviour while he is playing or will you just rely on the community to report him again ?

LonigusEze
04-29-2016, 01:03 PM
After the 14 day ban- do you have a way to monitor the player behaviour while he is playing or will you just rely on the community to report him again ?

They have a sort of anti cheat ready to go that will monitor all players. I think that it isnt up yet, but will be up in the next two weeks (thats why the 2 week bans). So when they come back they will be gone for good without anyones report.

There are no perma bans for the first offense for legal reasons issued by EU law.

ReDHe4DNL
04-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Nice work youbesoft, glad to see something is being done with those cheaters.

Hopefully a better experience in DZ now :)

baja2215
04-29-2016, 01:09 PM

Does this mean people who've exploited the incursion and have all the gear will not be punished?
The processes and stance laid out in the article is for everything going forward.

A more concise response would have ben a simple "No" then? I'm sorry to pick at the answer but it's not directly giving an answer - ok the stance from now on is clear but you've gone out of your way to not actually say no - it's more an implied no?

Ronbroncos
04-29-2016, 01:13 PM
All the people who exploited won't really matter next dlc. Loot tables will go up makeing it possible for everyone to catch up. As bad as it has been and all the bad publicity. I think people are forgetting some other horrible launches (i.e. BF4). This game is two months old. It took EA over a year to make bf4 into a decent game. And that game was literally unplayable at launch. This one was just very imbalanced. Nice work guys.

Fireseed
04-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Wow, I´m still speechless. Good move!

Drusus-Gladius
04-29-2016, 01:34 PM
So my question is simply why this obvious, necessary and clearly well-envisioned policy wasn't posted, with expectations, day one of your launch?

You generated a game that had a highly contentious PvE and PvP system intertwined and you acted like it was a complete surprise to have to deal with cheating and anti-competitive, destructive abuse of the game model.

This is the policy you should have had ready for enforcement from the get go and because of that, while I am indeed glad to see you finally making the situation clear cut going forward (assuming you are capable and pro-active in enforcement) your failure to handle this in a professional and responsible way for nearly 2 months cannot be left unaddressed.

About bloody time Massive.

Dragosani_UK
04-29-2016, 01:38 PM
As said above, "about bloody time", but I haven't logged in for weeks now - I rodded this game off a little while ago due to the lack of response and inaction against the cheaters.

But, overall, that's the kind of response honest gamers would like to see, and with regular updates answering the most poignant and relevant of questions.

I suppose time will tell to see if this will actually be followed through and if so, we should see a marked improvement in the game very soon.....

Not sure I'll be back to the game as me and my clan have switched over to Black Desert, but I'll mention this to them to see if we want to try out and re-experience The Division again....

RehabiIitated
04-29-2016, 01:40 PM
Whoever that hacker who killed Hamish in stream. He is a HERO, because of him they started doing something about the cheat.

cb99_
04-29-2016, 01:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/cb99/smile-thumbs-up_zps7xntep0v.gif
That was certainly some very positive reading, very happy to see it.
IMO this is the proper way to move forward, take back the game and your reputation one step at the time, and do not lose steam keep on going!

-cb99

Spenhouet
04-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Thank you for the answer. We appreciate it!

Oh that's sad becaus all the cheaters can keep there 240 Gear. As is see it, it's only possible to get one 240 Gear per week. So everyone who has more 240 gear than one must have glitched, correct? If yes, will you do something about this?
Because for me it's really hard to do Falcon Lost in challanging. We tried but failed hard. We are still working on taktics.. and that is fun! But it's sad that so many cheaters allready could play the next Incursion based on there gear score.

On report system:
It would be a good thing to have a button in the kill cam to report the player that killed you. It would be much easier than trying to type in the chat iiiiIIIIIIIiiiIIIIlllllLLLLLlllIII and to get right what are a "l" or a "I"...

Diedel443
04-29-2016, 01:51 PM

As has been mentioned, there are some legal constraints that prevent us from doing this.

We're aware that a large part of the community would like to see communication such as this, however it is not currently our intention to do this.

We're aware that the current /report feature is not optimal. Our dev team will work on this feature to bring it in line with our vision of how it should work and look.

Ok 2 things.

1) as the is no punishment for the incursion exploiters could we at least get 240 gear cheap for everybody ?
2) Will there be punishment for new exploits retroactive in the future or will it be an exploit as hard as you can as long as it is not on "the list" thing ?

MisterCrow83
04-29-2016, 01:52 PM

Good - hopefully that will be a strong deterant for hackers and potential hackers :D

Diedel443
04-29-2016, 01:53 PM
All the people who exploited won't really matter next dlc. Loot tables will go up makeing it possible for everyone to catch up. As bad as it has been and all the bad publicity. I think people are forgetting some other horrible launches (i.e. BF4). This game is two months old. It took EA over a year to make bf4 into a decent game. And that game was literally unplayable at launch. This one was just very imbalanced. Nice work guys.

It does matter, because they have a MASSIVE lead on the gear, they will actually be the ONLY players to have a GS of 220+ that is supposedly required for the next incursion.

PureNomad
04-29-2016, 01:57 PM
14 day bans are pointless in theirselves. Anyone caught hacking 14 day ban plus all characters levels + inventory to be reset to zero, some of those guys probably have enough credits to buy every blueprint the devs are set to introduce for months.

Even though the bugs, exploiters and pc hackers have crippled the game, they're actually secondary to the games true problem its excruciating limited once you reach end game. Hacking isn't an issue on PlayStation and well over 80% of guys I know with the game haven't played in weeks, I probably only lasted this long because I was forced out due to my game being broke for a few weeks and I'm waiting on a few big releases before I buy something new to play.

They can throw statements around and fix all those above issues, who honestly cares at this stage? boredom killed players interest, the other issues just speeded up the process

slopat
04-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Good response to this major issue in The Division. Kudos

BRINX89
04-29-2016, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the communication...

I hope the steps clear things up, but I think it will be a while before it balances back out. Still several players running around with full gear sets dominating the DZ, but there are some good players out there as well. I hope to run my first incursion this weekend and try to pick up some gear to try and balance things a bit for my character.

SuspiciousPixel
04-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Those who are caught cheating for their first offence should get a complete stats wipe, honestly whilst the 2 week ban is good they should not enjoy the fruits of their cheating labour.

The huge reduction in playerbase according to SteamDB (Approaching 70% when I last looked) is not from people losing interest alone, it's due to yet another Ubisoft game failing to deliver on promises that were announced after the Beta that the cheating would be addressed before release and over a month later it hasn't.

itbagmidgets13
04-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Finally, some good news! Thank you for the update!

baja2215
04-29-2016, 02:04 PM
It does matter, because they have a MASSIVE lead on the gear, they will actually be the ONLY players to have a GS of 220+ that is supposedly required for the next incursion.

Agreed and hesitantly, I would suggest anybody to say otherwise perhaps has benefited from said exploits or hasn't really looked at the situation. Just my opinion.

I really don't agree with the lack of action against the people who have benefited from the exploits (especially the Incursion ones). I've not even bothered/managed to go into the incursion yet because when I have tried it was filled with people only wanting to exploit it and then kicking me (or leaving the group) when I've said I want to do it legitimately. That in its self has ruined the experience and now those very same people get away with it free to roam the DZ in superior gear and have a head start in the next incursion - basically they are likely to always be above to gearing curve.

Kissala
04-29-2016, 02:05 PM
Thank you for the answer. We appreciate it!

Oh that's sad becaus all the cheaters can keep there 240 Gear. As is see it, it's only possible to get one 240 Gear per week. So everyone who has more 240 gear than one must have glitched, correct? If yes, will you do something about this?

I think you are mixing up 2 different things here. After the patch it was possible to accomplish Falcon Lost weekly challenging mission several times per week only if group leader had not done weekly yet. You could have done this with glitch or legaly just playing it through(without even knowing it is a bug). So factually someone having all gear 240 does not mean he has glitched at all. Also you must take in account that one person might have 4 lvl 30 characters and might just have transferred gear to one character which now has huge GS.

And yes I have done Falcon Lost challenging several times on multiple characters, legally without any glitch...and also failed in it hundred times.

SuspiciousPixel
04-29-2016, 02:05 PM
14 day bans are pointless in theirselves. Anyone caught hacking 14 day ban plus all characters levels + inventory to be reset to zero, some of those guys probably have enough credits to buy every blueprint the devs are set to introduce for months.

Even though the bugs, exploiters and pc hackers have crippled the game, they're actually secondary to the games true problem its excruciating limited once you reach end game. Hacking isn't an issue on PlayStation and well over 80% of guys I know with the game haven't played in weeks, I probably only lasted this long because I was forced out due to my game being broke for a few weeks and I'm waiting on a few big releases before I buy something new to play.

They can throw statements around and fix all those above issues, who honestly cares at this stage? boredom killed players interest, the other issues just speeded up the process

Completely agree.

N3GAT1VE_CR33P
04-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Good news... good news, indeed!

Selphario
04-29-2016, 02:07 PM

We will stop doing that at the very second after you stop gloryfying this broken piece of a game wrapped in nice paper.

Ronbroncos
04-29-2016, 02:09 PM
Agreed and hesitantly, I would suggest anybody to say otherwise perhaps has benefited from said exploits or hasn't really looked at the situation. Just my opinion.

I really don't agree with the lack of action against the people who have benefited from the exploits (especially the Incursion ones). I've not even bothered/managed to go into the incursion yet because when I have tried it was filled with people only wanting to exploit it and then kicking me (or leaving the group) when I've said I want to do it legitimately. That in its self has ruined the experience and now those very same people get away with it free to roam the DZ in superior gear and have a head start in the next incursion - basically they are likely to always be above to gearing curve.

What's stopping you from doing it now and getting your gear?

Spenhouet
04-29-2016, 02:13 PM
:confused:
And yes I have done Falcon Lost challenging several times on multiple characters, legally without any glitch...and also failed in it hundred times.

If only i could belive you! I my self play alot of time (min. 2h a day) and i'm very well geared! And yet i couldn't finish Falcon Lost on challanging. I know, some did. But multiple times? And with mulitple characters?
Are you trying to cover up before getting banned?

Riiz
04-29-2016, 02:19 PM
WHEN it's really fixed just make 240 items the top drop in the DZ and up the Incursion items level.

That will make it easy for the non exploiters to catch up and redress the current imbalance and create a level non-expolitable playing field for Incursions again.

Not that it matters much to me as the new season of Diablo is starting today so that's at least the next 2-3 weeks sorted for really enjoyable gameplay and phat lewts hits. Which is the sadly the polar opposite of The Division at the moment. Pity as it is has such great potential.

sipuss92
04-29-2016, 02:20 PM
:confused:

If only i could belive you! I my self play alot of time (min. 2h a day) and i'm very well geared! And yet i couldn't finish Falcon Lost on challanging. I know, some did. But multiple times? And with mulitple characters?
Are you trying to cover up before getting banned?

"I couldn't do it, so obviously no one else could!" lol

It probably gets easier once you did it for the first time. And the multiple characters thing? He could just transfer his gear between them and they could be a perfect copies stat-wise.

xX_Cyanide_Xx
04-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Sorry.. too little too late.. you've been saying since beta - "yeah we know about it and we'll fix it". Not holding my breath. The damage has already been done. You want your player base back, then stop stringing us along and actually handle it.

Ronbroncos
04-29-2016, 02:27 PM
WHEN it's really fixed just make 240 items the top drop in the DZ and up the Incursion items level.

That will make it easy for the non exploiters to catch up and redress the current imbalance and create a level non-expolitable playing field for Incursions again.

Not that it matters much to me as the new season of Diablo is starting today so that's at least the next 2-3 weeks sorted for really enjoyable gameplay and phat lewts hits. Which is the sadly the polar opposite of The Division at the moment. Pity as it is has such great potential.

This is what they will do. Just like the last dlc. They will make it easy to catch up enough to do the new incursion. At that point incursion rewards make everyone even. You don't need to be decked out in all 240. Just high enough to do the incursion.

GeistJaeger557
04-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Thank you for finally saying something. GG

TR.Misterscruff
04-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Thank you for the update and some good news to curd the cheaters keep it going lads/lasses :)

FrankCastle.45
04-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the update and some good news to curd the cheaters keep it going lads/lasses :)

please say this isnt a late April Fools.

Sacriss
04-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Really great to see communication like this, please keep it coming.
I am worried about the exploit line "is for everything going forward." It sounds like if you exploited then congrats you get to keep all of it, but from now on action will be taken.
Any clarification will be much appreciated as this is the main reason I am still not logging in

The_Quieter
04-29-2016, 02:44 PM
'suspension of 14 days'

This is still absolutely meaningless unless you also intend to penalize their accounts.

A two week suspension means nothing if they get to come back and enjoy the huge pile of DZ funds and experience they got. Being caught the first time should result in a loss of all items, levels, and money.

SinceBBDays
04-29-2016, 02:47 PM
Strip banned accounts of all but beginner items and we will all approve. Otherwise this is nothing.

TR.Misterscruff
04-29-2016, 02:56 PM
please say this isnt a late April Fools.

Always someone whos never happy......

Selphario
04-29-2016, 03:19 PM
This is what they will do. Just like the last dlc. They will make it easy to catch up enough to do the new incursion. At that point incursion rewards make everyone even. You don't need to be decked out in all 240. Just high enough to do the incursion.

And that my friend, kills replayability. And logic behind that is super******ed. "You dont have time/will to grind or play? No worries, game does it for you!!" Difficulty should be stable throughout the game. Not letting anyone "catch up" freely, nor making it harder than necessary.
While Ubi/Massive seems to follow that "more and more for everyone for free mentality as a way of making the playing field even after this "glitch-gate" it shows how bad and beginners they are at making viable multiplayer-games (well, any games imo, few exeptions doesen't count)

mike27nomad
04-29-2016, 03:24 PM
First of all, thank you for doing all you can to stop cheaters. Agents going Rouge is bad enough.
Maybe in the end you will have to take away the Rouge function completely?

Bugs are a little different. If you are un inexperienced player.
How do you know if it is a bug, or just a cool feature?

Also I spent 30 min now looking for that info about found bugs. Where is it?
I don't feel that you can pose on all players to spend a lot of time reading on forums about the game, to be able to play the game correctly.

At least attach some links on the Ubisoft news page to the bug info page, so its easy to find.

Thank You

Ronbroncos
04-29-2016, 03:28 PM
And that my friend, kills replayability. And logic behind that is super******ed. "You dont have time/will to grind or play? No worries, game does it for you!!" Difficulty should be stable throughout the game. Not letting anyone "catch up" freely, nor making it harder than necessary.
While Ubi/Massive seems to follow that "more and more for everyone for free mentality as a way of making the playing field even after this "glitch-gate" it shows how bad and beginners they are at making viable multiplayer-games (well, any games imo, few exeptions doesen't count)

How does that kill replay ability you still have to grind to get the gear. It just allows late comers access to end game content. Which it seems your against. So what do you do if you didn't pick up the game at release. I'm sorry but I see absolutely no problem with this approach. Seems just a little salty. How does giving people access to end game (not handing it to them) take away from your experience. Other than you can't be a god in the dz your counterparts have gear on par with you.

PerpetualWar
04-29-2016, 03:29 PM
First of all, thank you for doing all you can to stop cheaters. Agents going Rouge is bad enough.

Why should they remove the most fun thing in the game ? Don't be spoiled brat.

Jessie_JR-1PARA
04-29-2016, 03:30 PM
Nice direction towards cheating issue and exploits. Both of them are a major issue for gaming experience.

lycan6under
04-29-2016, 03:30 PM
About time.If only this had been implemented from the start...

Babou..
04-29-2016, 03:32 PM
If a cheater returns to the game after a ban he should be stripped of his credits, gear, weapons and level! He should be forced to make a new start!

JLT1963
04-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Exactly!!

Cindeson
04-29-2016, 03:34 PM
It sounds good, but I'll belive it when I see it. On my first extraction today, a cheater teleported in at one shot my whole group. So damn frustrating.

FrankCastle.45
04-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Always someone whos never happy......

Not even close. But talk is cheap and when U log on and its rammed full of hackers folks start to take the talk with a grain of salt.

Kalibhan
Natchai: about the players who already have all gear set from falcon lost glitch? Any idea about how balance the game?

JLT1963
If a cheater returns to the game after a ban he should be stripped of his credits, gear, weapons and level! He should be forced to make a new start!

Yep, it needs to hurt!

SCE_Hapsmo
04-29-2016, 03:36 PM
So it is possible and UBi states they will roll characters back that exploit to a level they deem worthy of a roll back. SO my question is, will we see roll backs for DZ hackers that ranked up, acquired DZ funds and items through hacking?

G.I.Frag
04-29-2016, 03:38 PM
From the very beginning of development, our emphasis has always been on the player experience and how good we want it to be. We have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience. Unfortunately, the gameplay experience was recently impaired by in-game bugs and players violating the rules of the game. In order to bring back a better and healthier environment, we have taken new steps to address the situation.

CHEAT ENGINES

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you in the Dark Zone, and we’ve heard this feedback loud and clear. We are strengthening our efforts to address this problem, as described below.

First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

We anticipate these two changes will noticeably improve your experience. New upgrades on cheat detection are underway.

BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

An exploit is the active triggering and use of a bug or glitch to bypass established game rules in order to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.

Identifying and fixing bugs before releasing new content is one of the most important parts of game development. This is also the best way to guarantee a smooth and enjoyable experience for our players. Learning from the past and your great feedback, we are currently reviewing our development and testing process to further minimize the amount and impact of these bugs going forward.

Unfortunately, we cannot simulate the experience that millions of different players will have, and how they will play the game. As a result, some bugs may make it through testing, and may be present when an update is deployed. In the event that a bug makes it into the game, and this bug can be used by players to gain an advantage, we need to be able to react and fix it, but also dissuade players from exploiting this bug until it is fixed. This is why moving forward we will adopt a stronger stance against players abusing exploits.

Our first step is to give you clearer and more concrete visibility. Should new bugs be discovered, we will quickly confirm if these are considered exploits. All known exploits will be clearly listed in a public forum thread and across our various communication platforms. We want all players to be informed. This will ensure that those caught after an exploit was confirmed are aware of the consequences and actions that can be taken against them.

Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about.

As mentioned earlier, providing a high-quality experience is our priority. Fixing game bugs is one aspect of it, and we are improving our processes to address that. Dissuading players from impairing others’ gameplay by violating the rules of the game is another aspect. We also want to give you better visibility and transparency. We are fully committed to providing an enjoyable and fair environment for all our players, and will take all steps necessary to achieve this goal.

See you in game!

The Division Team

Thanks @Natchai for posting the info, a step in the right direction.

aldramelech
04-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Good news and I fully support it, lets hope it works out and the game can be rescued, it's worth it.

PsyCho76_NL
04-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Ill think is a good job, without this the game would die fast and thats bad, because its a great game.

DZ will be fun again . no more scumbags who need to cheats

Greatjob UBI

DiabloSilva
04-29-2016, 03:40 PM
At last a statement of intent but I'll believe it when I see it

Kalibhan
04-29-2016, 03:42 PM
So it is possible and UBi states they will roll characters back that exploit to a level they deem worthy of a roll back. SO my question is, will we see roll backs for DZ hackers that ranked up, acquired DZ funds and items through hacking?

Thats my doubt too... to many players exploited many many times, any punishment or we will be forced to play against ultra geared kids all time till we get the same gear?(2 months)

Hihiirokane
04-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Good news, but what really counts is the actual play experience.

That will be the metric this post will be judged by.

BavEagle
04-29-2016, 03:43 PM

CHEAT ENGINES

BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

See you in game!

The Division TeamThanks a lot for this long-awaited official statement, raising our hopes :)
So hopefully The Division now will have a great future and when the mentioned statements will become true, I will join the Division again, too :D
See you in game...

UA.ANDRE
-

killer_cs
Is anything going to be done to level out the playing field as all the glitchers have the best equipment and weapons and millions of darkzone credits dozens of dz keys and tons of regular credits? Just wondering as if they stop cheating it still gives them an advantage for weeks of new blueprints and calibration attempts.

Solo-Invictor
04-29-2016, 03:47 PM
This is great news! Thanks for working towards making an enjoyable game even better. Looking forward to what you have planned in near future 👍🏻

Flare.QC
04-29-2016, 03:51 PM
Thanks to the DEV team for this engine!!!
and new politic! Hack/Exploit are ruining games!

Maybe its just luck but last night I went DZ and NO hacker have show up!!! yayyy!

Sparkes44
04-29-2016, 03:55 PM
If all the hackers are gonna be running around at 240 im still in no better of a position am I?

Supply drops are an utter waste of time at the moment, always filled with purples with just the occasional gear set item at 191. to help people with say 182-220 gear scores who cant find a decent team to do the incursion could you not roll out the 240 drops in those? even if everytime they roll in and the map shows all supply drops only one supply drop on the map has a 240 drop. it would just level the playing field ever so slightly.

then at the next incursion everyone will be 220 upwards enough to take part and you will have solved cheating in your game therefore making it what it should of been day 1

cowboys98
04-29-2016, 03:56 PM
Great news,thanks for listening at what the division community been griping about.hope this cut done at all the cheating in the dz area.congratz for hearing us out.

Crott117
04-29-2016, 03:56 PM

Good information - thanks

I look forward to seeing this "list of actionable exploits"

WD40-Tashlans
04-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Got killed today by a hacker called LILiIIILLLLLIIL His name makes it just impossible to report it
I hope the next server update will ban more hackers like him for a start

zay7sev
Good information and it's really nice that you will do something to prevent cheating in the future. Keep it on this way. I have faith in you!

o Gunners o

CHEAT ENGINES

BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

See you in game!

The Division Team

What an absolute joke. Try fixing the game first!

g0ing_r0gue
04-29-2016, 03:59 PM
I guess this is good news for those mostly on PC, but it's kind of hard to take this seriously when you toot a whistle and CHOO CHOO on your stream when you get a new sub.

I guess this explains the why the game is why the game is. I'm not trying to 'hate' here, but come on, this is the kind of stuff you expect from hyperactive oversensitive 12 year old streamers. Please focus in on what's wrong with the game, these are things that should have been caught in development and how long has that process been? Pretty sure the beta testers informed you about some of these issues as well from what I've read on these forums. You've got a wonky broken game on your hands which you happily put to market expecting us consumers to be none the wiser. We are climbing up to the 3 month mark, the replay value is non existent, issues keep popping up and you are only tackling 2 issues out of lord knows how many at this point. I understand work overload, but it wouldn't be this way if the initial development was taken seriously the whole time. Too much goofing off me thinks. You (not you specifically) created this fiasco to begin with.

If Ubi & Massive want to continue to get consumers money, they'd better get their heads in the game. Fool me once? Shame on me. Fool me twice? Well, that doesn't tend to happen very often so good luck getting money from me in the future. I guess once is all that is needed in the gaming industry these days isn't it? For shame how this industry has fallen over the decades. This is exactly what gives capitalism a bad name. Ironically, you cave to anti capitalists because you, like they, think gamers are an easy mark to harass and exploit forgetting that the age demographic is all over the map.

Trying not to drag politics into this, since all gamers know the industry is full of taint, and we know who the main cast is. I just want to ask, who's more important to your wallet, the precious snowflakes who need a safe space, or, gamers who will fight for you and give you a sense of job security IF you produce a good product? I know, tough question these days isn't it despite the answer being so easy. We see where the wind is blowing, which is why I let my money do most of the speaking for me. I wish others were able to commit when they say the same thing, it would be a huge well deserved slap in the face of the industry.

I'm with some of the PC players here despite being a console player, hackers should have their stuff reset upon that 14 day time out, make them earn back what they basically stole, and if they attempt to cheat their way again, we'll see if the perma ban thing is legit. Also like some, I see this as nothing more than lip service because the pressure of the community is clearly causing more problems for Ubi and Massive than they were anticipating, you can ignore us on the forums, blogs and video mediums, but it's kind of hard to ignore press coverage isn't it? Funny how 'communication' started shortly after that isn't it?

So with that said, all I ask of this company and others like it, is stop treating your consumer base like an dumb ATM machine, and don't try to con us either. The gaming industry has crashed once already, it can happen again if this continues on.

Anyways, I'm watching, and not really expecting anything different. Like many others, I've already shelved the game, I'll pop it in to see what's in store when the next patch comes out, but I honestly expect nothing different considering the development time in the first place which gave us what we see today.

H1-BAN
04-29-2016, 04:00 PM
There is a bug, or maybe it is done with a cheating program, but some players are able to change their ingame names. When a player has his name changed, you can't right click on their name to report them.
A clear example of this are the guys who continuously spam the Base of Operations chat. When you click on thir nickname, there are no options!
Please, fix this asap.

L3TH4L1TY
04-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Got to get on top of the speed and aimbot hacks. Because of these the DZ is not really fun anymore. Don't even look forward to going in there...

slopat
04-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Not going to quote every negative post as it would be pointless and too time consuming, but it is discouraging to see how some people are unappreciative. You didn't fix what I wanted fixed, you didn't fix it the way I wanted, etc... Smh! This is a major step in the right direction, stop whingeing and give credit where credit is due.

rogerrogerout
04-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks, I hope it works. The way it is now makes it very hard to enjoy the game. What kinda measures are you putting in place to level the playing field to those that have acquired high level gear through exploits and such. Consider special vendor sale. To bring everyone back to the same level as your moving forward with the warnings and bans in place...

slopat
04-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Got to get on top of the speed and aimbot hacks. Because of these the DZ is not really fun anymore. Don't even look forward to going in there...

Dude your sig pic is way too big!

Soda Jack
04-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Thrilled to learn these people are going to be dealt with. Even more, thank you for taking the time to speak to your fanbase.

Ronbroncos
04-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Not going to quote every negative post as it would be pointless and too time consuming, but it is discouraging to see how some people are unappreciative. You didn't fix what I wanted fixed, you didn't fix it the way I wanted, etc... Smh! This is a major step in the right direction, stop whingeing and give credit where credit is due.
Right on dude. Never thought I would see a forum top the venom and hatred from early battlelog. But this definitely wins the prize for "most toxic community". It's a good game and no doubt will be great game hell its still in its infancy.

Drusus-Gladius
04-29-2016, 04:21 PM

I absolutely agree credit where credit is due.

So long as you agree that a professional, multi-million dollar studio has no excuse for not having this kind of boilerplate, obvious, industry _standard_ (their words, not mine) approach already set up, supported, communicated and actionable on launch day.

If you want everyone else to give credit where credit is due then you, good sir, must be equally willing to apply responsibility and accountability when it is equally due.

Is the formal policy on the whole positive? Yes.

Is it sufficient? No. It makes no proper address of the damage done to date and directly remediate the impacts with those unquestionably guilty of generating the problem. The damage done by not revoking material gains means the actions were still profitable to the abusers, and that is simply unacceptable, like fining 100$ for stealing $1000; pointless and still rewards the action.

Is it timely? Again, No. It is inexcusable that a group of professionals whose job it is to manage these problems have floundered on this issue for nearly 2 months with 330 million dollars of consumers money in the bank.

I applaud your willingness to defend a good action.

But I would suggest you're the one being uneven in the consideration of the facts and situation rather than those pointing out rationally where this action is inadequate after the mishandling to date.

g0ing_r0gue
04-29-2016, 04:23 PM

They would have had less to fix if they were paying attention (or rather were dedicated) during development and had fixed the issues present during the beta prior to release. I don't think Division players would have been put off with yet another release delay. They created their own monster. Gamers have a right to be skeptical, especially when this is becoming the norm in the industry. $80 for UN-finished games and $40 seasons passes for replay value, sorry, gamers are totally within their right here, especially when teeth have to be pulled to get any sort of communication from the companies we support.

Credit is due when a job is done correctly the first time around. I and many others understand full well issues can slip by, but this, this is ridiculous.

pyro117
04-29-2016, 04:26 PM
What about re-balancing the DZ? There are plenty of practically invunerable Rogues in the DZ because of exploiting the incursion.

How are you going to solve that?

When are you going to undo the crafting nerf?

Please tell us those answers as well.

Reuz_Veneratio
04-29-2016, 04:41 PM
What about re-balancing the DZ? There are plenty of practically invunerable Rogues in the DZ because of exploiting the incursion.

How are you going to solve that?

When are you going to undo the crafting nerf?

Please tell us those answers as well.

Did you miss this part?

"Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about."

Ronbroncos
04-29-2016, 04:43 PM
There hasn't been a game released in the last ten years that wasn't broken in some way. That goes double for online games. And there won't be when at least a third of the gaming community is actively trying to break, exploit or cheat the game everyday.
Get over it and be happy their fixing it. If you don't like the state of the industry fine. But to put that on Massives shoulders isn't fair at all. I know arguing with whiney people is pointless. So this is my mic drop. Good job massive/ubi keep it coming.

Agent.Potato
04-29-2016, 04:50 PM

One thing is to start a new dlc on a fair stance...another is to start the instance and already have the best gear available at that point to help u. No....exploiters have and will always have a flear advantage over ppl that played legit. Massive and ubi made sure of that. The answer that dev dude gave i actually find extremely offensive and just goes to show u how utterly "alpha CONCEPT" this game has been...and they sold it as a finished AAA product.

This game is a bivger tragedy then DayZ...but at least the devs of that game had the decency to keep it in early access

XT1ANZ
04-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Hello,

This is a nice official communication.
Like it !

Hope the best for the future of The Division !

Regards,

Hopefully too. It is a nice game but sometimes it gets tinted by users who like to cheat.

N2h2
04-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Ok great move.

Now one question come with that:
-Getting evidence of obvious hacker is fine: rate of fire, teleport, shooting thru buildings.

The thing which is more and more rampant in DZ now is either exploits or hack still have no clue about it, people able to wreck you with a single smg burst (this part is OK, sentry + SMG + brutal + deadly is a joke)
But at same time not taking more than 150-200 damages. And it's not survivor link as it last undefinitively.
In thoses few cases thoses "players" are able to take down people more than 1 v 12 without getting theire HP consumed more than 10%

Obviously this is cheating, by exploits or/& hack.

How do you provide strong evidence about that. what is the actual fvck with this? any clue at what is used to abuse like it?

RpTheHotrod
04-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Excellent. Thank you for the feedback. Ubisoft is finally stepping up their game! 14 day bans still won't solve much (hack users do not "learn their lesson", as history has proven in the gaming industry), it's at least an improvement.

Wiam0nd
04-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Your new anti-cheat doesn't work. I was just in the DZ moments ago in three separate instances getting killed by teleporting one shot pistolers.

XT1ANZ
04-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Excellent. Thank you for the feedback. Ubisoft is finally stepping up their game! 14 day bans still won't solve much (hack users do not "learn their lesson", as history has proven in the gaming industry), it's at least an improvement.

14 days is nothing. Ban them for life.

MangFools
04-29-2016, 05:13 PM
FANTASTIC. this will definitely help.

hope they stay true to their word and ban these cheaters.
thank you.

nanias
04-29-2016, 05:24 PM
That is great news but...
Funny how ppl that rants against exploiters are exploiting. Reckless is bugged, Balanced is bugged, stacking healing talents char and skills bugged, backpacks or vest that increase ammo or med-kits bugged, and so on. C'mon ppl bugs are devs problem. They have to find out about them and fix them as soon as they can, or should we not use an AR/MR with balanced talent, not equip the vest with reckless and so on?
What about bugs that instead of giving players advantage are prejudicial, like the one is none talent that renders you with your weapon useless until you switch weapons in front of an enemy, and protection from elites that was not protecting you from elites?
Stop being moralists and get over it, cheating is one thing bugs are other completely different.
Plus most of ppl don't and won't come to forums to check on known bugs that cannot be exploited and might not know that it is not allowed to be used like many bugs that gives players advantage, breaks the game mechanics, makes the player play the game as it is not intended to, like the ones mentioned above.
That is my opinion.

Cheers

xX_Cyanide_Xx
04-29-2016, 05:24 PM

Yeah??? And I'd like to know exactly which "legal constraint" you're talking about. The only law I've been able to find is that in EU, companies who produce faulty digital products are now liable for refunds.

g0ing_r0gue
04-29-2016, 05:34 PM
There hasn't been a game released in the last ten years that wasn't broken in some way. That goes double for online games. And there won't be when at least a third of the gaming community is actively trying to break, exploit or cheat the game everyday.
Get over it and be happy their fixing it. If you don't like the state of the industry fine. But to put that on Massives shoulders isn't fair at all. I know arguing with whiney people is pointless. So this is my mic drop. Good job massive/ubi keep it coming.

You know why they keep releasing broken games that need patches, fixes and 'updates'? Because people blindly toss their money at the industry encouraging sloppiness and laziness. This problem wasn't as prevalent pre internet age, when it was, those companies flopped. Companies of those days had to prove their product was good enough to even go in to the box before putting them out on the sales floor. Be a part of the solution and not the problem, stop pre-ordering blindly and stop buying seasons passes blindly. Make them sing for their supper.

Would you buy a brand new vehicle that needed constant fixing the second you drove it off a lot? Or a new vehicle that was just a shell and was told the rest of the vehicle would be coming at a later date, and have to pay extra for the parts? Of course you wouldn't. Vehicles that have problems get recalled, as do most consumer based products when problems are present, the industry knows we consumers have little recourse if they sell us a lemon. In my country, you can't take back a game that is either broken because of a bad burn, or if it's in a bad state (like scratches, you know, the stuff you can't see until you buy it and unwrap it). That goes with movies as well. Why? Because they can just say the consumer pirated it and is trying to scam the seller into a refund. To a degree I get and can reluctantly agree with, however, that doesn't give the industry a legitimate excuse to put out trash that shouldn't be trash.

Think about it, they supposedly sold over 6 million copies of this game, impressive for sure, however, the net stats for PC (at least from what I've seen) haven't even shown over 300k plying it and the numbers continue to drop. No idea what the console number is, but I refuse to believe more people have this game on a console than a PC. There's a reason for that, a reason that shouldn't exist as this game has so much potential, and obviously the consumers saw that potential hence the sales numbers and being ok with delays. People know a lemon when they see one, a lemon that had plenty of time to be the closest thing to ambrosia based on delays and dev time. Lets put this another way, instead of nurturing the goose that lays it's golden eggs, they decided to eat the goose instead and sell us the feathers. All they are trying to do now is Frankenstein the goose back to life. Far too common these last few years.

The industry is and has been taking advantage of it's consumer base for quite a while now which is why we get what we get, sorry, this is not acceptable. Maybe it's their twisted way of creating their own job security. If I had the skills, knowledge and resources to make a triple A title, I'd make sure that bad boy was as bug free as possible before release date, and if it wasn't, delay it. That's how you build and maintain a brand name as well as consumer loyalty. A good portion of the gaming industry seems to have forgotten their roots.

I guess they never heard of the expression "Don't bite the hand that feeds you". You may not be tired of being bit, but I and others are.

pyro117
04-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Did you miss this part?

"Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about."

What I got out of the announcement is the past is the past. Only future exploits will be punished. That does not take into account the problems that already exist.

CJ Fresh
04-29-2016, 05:41 PM
What I got out of the announcement is the past is the past. Only future exploits will be punished. That does not take into account the problems that already exist.

Exactly, nobody that used exploits will be punished. So if you didn't cheat to keep up with everybody else, you're sol now as the unfair gear gap is insurmountable now, and again no cheaters will be punished. Way to go Ubi / Massive..

IIIBelomorIII
04-29-2016, 05:49 PM
OK! Just letting u know.. ppl who received letter with 14 day ban can enter the game and play. Btw they laughting at ubi and using cheats again. U cant even ban normaly without bugs !

pyro117
04-29-2016, 05:51 PM
That is great news but...
Funny how ppl that rants against exploiters are exploiting. Reckless is bugged, Balanced is bugged, stacking healing talents char and skills bugged, backpacks or vest that increase ammo or med-kits bugged, and so on. C'mon ppl bugs are devs problem. They have to find out about them and fix them as soon as they can, or should we not use an AR/MR with balanced talent, not equip the vest with reckless and so on?
What about bugs that instead of giving players advantage are prejudicial, like the one is none talent that renders you with your weapon useless until you switch weapons in front of an enemy, and protection from elites that was not protecting you from elites?
Stop being moralists and get over it, cheating is one thing bugs are other completely different.
Plus most of ppl don't and won't come to forums to check on known bugs that cannot be exploited and might not know that it is not allowed to be used like many bugs that gives players advantage, breaks the game mechanics, makes the player play the game as it is not intended to, like the ones mentioned above.
That is my opinion.

Cheers

Spoken just like somebody upset because they can't glitch/exploit any longer....

xX_Cyanide_Xx
04-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Bugs and glitches I can handle. Outright hacking and cheating is unacceptable. I for one didn't preorder the game, I instead read a bunch of reviews and then purchased the game. I played. I had fun. And then I encountered my first hacker.

I thought it was just an isolated incident. You're bound to get a few hackers in any online game. Then I encountered another and another and then another. Before I knew it, I encountered a huge flood of hackers where it was ridiculously out of control. So I reported them to Ubisoft, and was basically told that it was my responsibility to provide proof. It's not my product - why am I policing their game for them? I don't expect them to auto ban players because I claim that they're hacking, but it is at least their responsibility to investigate.

So, annoyed to say the least - I looked a lot deeper and asks questions I didn't think about when I first researched the game. The deeper I dug - the more I found out. I discovered that they knew about a lot of these glitches since beta, and that they had promised their player base they'd fix before the game went live. Guess what - they never fixed them.

The game has great potential, but for the PC - it's seriously broke and near unplayable. When I tried to get my money refunded; I've been given nothing but grief; excuse after excuse and the complete run around. I am not a happy consumer to say the least. Being given a few breadcrumbs in the form of a half-assed apology and a few phoenix tokens (that I never said I'd accept) doesn't even begin to cut it. I don't want someone's head taken. I don't want blood. I don't know what they can't accept about me just wanting my money refunded - that simple.

nanias
04-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Spoken just like somebody upset because they can't glitch/exploit any longer....
Upset? no not at all dude. Just remove your rekless vest and dismantle your 20x crafted m1a with balanced, don't stack healing talents and skills, if you have a vest that gives you more ammo dont equip it, and we are good to go! cheers

xX_Cyanide_Xx
04-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Quite simply - I feel that I was sold a defecting product that is not ready for public consumption, and feel that I am owed a refund.

RpTheHotrod
04-29-2016, 06:04 PM
OK! Just letting u know.. ppl who received letter with 14 day ban can enter the game and play. Btw they laughting at ubi and using cheats again. U cant even ban normaly without bugs !

If this is true, please submit a ticket.

DA-NT3
04-29-2016, 06:09 PM
How does that kill replay ability you still have to grind to get the gear. It just allows late comers access to end game content. Which it seems your against. So what do you do if you didn't pick up the game at release. I'm sorry but I see absolutely no problem with this approach. Seems just a little salty. How does giving people access to end game (not handing it to them) take away from your experience. Other than you can't be a god in the dz your counterparts have gear on par with you.

Because his gearscore gives him big epeen... He wants to wave his epeen around, showing everyone how uber he is. If other people have same gearscore, his epeen will shrinky shrink, the poor lamb lol

OGBobbyJonsun
04-29-2016, 06:12 PM
This is very good news. I believe this decision is much needed but fair. Exiled for 14 days from a game like The Division is a virtual death sentence and will curve a lot of the shenanigans in comparison to the 3 day ban. The stance taken towards exploiters is refreshing. Accidental glitchers are protected but abusers are handled accordingly.

Good job Massive! Looking forward to seeing this game continue to grow.

g0ing_r0gue
04-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Bugs and glitches I can handle. Outright hacking and cheating is unacceptable.
I played. I had fun.
I don't want someone's head taken. I don't want blood. I don't know what they can't accept about me just wanting my money refunded - that simple.

This, except, I'll eat the cost (not like I have much choice based on consumer laws in my country) dinner is on me boys and gals of Ubi & Massive (I guess my portion works out to Ramman noodles? Meh, enjoy either way. YW). I'll gladly put it with the other titles collecting dust to serve as a reminder to never purchase one of those companies games ever again. I hate to say it, that list grows. The silver lining is, it saves me money and aggravation in the future.

briljin01
04-29-2016, 06:26 PM
So I take it "Falcons Lost" is truly a lost cause and those that exploited it will be given a pass. At this point I pretty much assumed as much but in light of this I feel that some changes should be made so those of us that didn't exploit it for weeks on end can try and catch up in a reasonable manner. They already exploited their gear, so making it a bit easier for the rest of us to catch up really won't hurt anything and we can all start on a level playing field for 1.2.

Just to be clear, this is a good start and hopefully you guys can get these issues (along with chat spam) under control so we can get back to enjoying the game!

Pau1o88
04-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Thats all well and good... but what about the players that are already running around the DZ with a 240 score ! (Using Incursion Glitch)

BiggusRichus
04-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Thank you for this post. I hope going forward there can be more transparency.

pyro117
04-29-2016, 06:37 PM
No problem. I don't have any of that stuff. I didn't get around to crafting until the nerf patched it into oblivion, so I am mostly using dropped/farmed gear.

Cheers

PanteeDropper
04-29-2016, 06:45 PM
A more concise response would have ben a simple "No" then? I'm sorry to pick at the answer but it's not directly giving an answer - ok the stance from now on is clear but you've gone out of your way to not actually say no - it's more an implied no?

Seriously?? He answered the question and it wasn't implied! What part of "Going Forward" was confusing?

TtargetPractice
04-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Falcon lost exploiters are officially going unpunished, you've officially lost a player. **** you both, massive and ubi.

Kumacho1957
04-29-2016, 06:48 PM
While I am adopting a "wait and see" attitude on this initiative; it is very promising to see it implemented and I'm appreciative of the efforts.

Danpapua
04-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Thanks guys,
It is nice to know you have our backs when it comes to this crap.

PanteeDropper
04-29-2016, 06:50 PM

I have 300hrs+ on this game and have never seen one single player with a gear score of 220.

SpecialRuic
04-29-2016, 06:54 PM
DZ still full of cheaters tho. No change so far.

Diedel443
04-29-2016, 06:56 PM
So I take it "Falcons Lost" is truly a lost cause and those that exploited it will be given a pass. At this point I pretty much assumed as much but in light of this I feel that some changes should be made so those of us that didn't exploit it for weeks on end can try and catch up in a reasonable manner. They already exploited their gear, so making it a bit easier for the rest of us to catch up really won't hurt anything and we can all start on a level playing field for 1.2.

Just to be clear, this is a good start and hopefully you guys can get these issues (along with chat spam) under control so we can get back to enjoying the game!

Except that they have the gear to do the new incursion, while everybody that played legal doesn't, far to soft on the exploiters. I also still want to know if it will be OK to exploit in the future as long as the exploit is not on the list.

SilentSnooky
04-29-2016, 07:03 PM

CHEAT ENGINES

BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

See you in game!

The Division Team

Well Was in the DZ tonight had to call it quits due to hackers so your anti cheat thing is working well I see I did /report however with no confirmation that anything happened its kinda hard to tell if anything was done or any report was sent but am unable to give video due to the rampant CTDs I suffer from since launch and basicly running with all programs disabled and do not for a second say talk to tech support I been dealing with your so called tech support since launch I love this game dont love the rampant exploiting cheating hacking and real money selling FL incursions or the lack of being able to ignore lLllllLLLLllll names how hard can it be to have some ubisoft employee just banning or kicking / policing the general chat damn pay me to do it I'm cheap and would love to help the community by getting rid of the people that's DRIVING THE HONEST PEOPLE AWAY. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty soon your game will be dead only inhabited by cheaters and Sellers..

All the honest players who really want this to succeed including myself will sadly just walk away due to the above

jackus2010
04-29-2016, 07:16 PM
The anti cheat system is new and detecting hackers. And from the post it seems like they will ban in waves. So ofc it have not started yet, give ubisoft some time and they will do their best!

They have to test it out and be sure so they dont BAN innocent people - like so many other games have done. That is also a sure way to get a even smaller player base.

Thank you for this update. Now we just need more content and bug fixes! Thanks

IIIBelomorIII
04-29-2016, 07:20 PM
HELLO! Those who received letter with 14 days ban still able to enter the game and play!!! HELLO!!!

PanteeDropper
04-29-2016, 07:24 PM
HELLO! Those who received letter with 14 days ban still able to enter the game and play!!! HELLO!!!

I suggest opening a new thread.

Xbox Sith
04-29-2016, 07:25 PM
I'll have to see it to believe it. I've seen a bunch of cheaters.

Axelkaos
04-29-2016, 07:43 PM
this is ridiculous

EvilPr0digy
04-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the post letting us know you're on our side. I'm sure a number of people were beginning to feel left out in the cold and this should be some comfort. Hopefully additional issues will be addressed going forward, but cheating was #1 on my list of reasons I hesitate to play.

Umishu
04-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Well said Natchai and I appreciate the actions being taken by Ubi. I forward to an overall successful Year One for The Division.

ErnieScar08
04-29-2016, 07:53 PM
I hope you guys actually follow through on this. I am just about at my wits end. I love this game, it is fantastic. I havent played a game in a long time that as got me this hooked. But the cheating and hacking in the DZ has almost made me just give up. I cant even bother going to the DZ anymore because of the hackers, and especially the GROUPS of rogue hackers teleporting to the bosses and camping the exits.

Surveiller
04-29-2016, 07:59 PM

Will this also include the in-game notice we get (character selection menu) of various news items?

Sorry if this has been asked, it just seems the most visible place aside from the forums / social media that players may or may not visit.

Schlonzz
04-29-2016, 08:02 PM
if this incredibly great tool was implemented today, i know why my game crashed every time i entered the dz. never had a crash before. wow. works great.

Kyosji
04-29-2016, 08:09 PM
Having reports by a possible troll that the banned players only had to change their uPlay account name and they could get back on. It's most likely BS, but none the less I think it should be looked into.

BigUrn
04-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Is nice that this cheating stuff is being addressed but like some have already mentioned there are ways around the ban. Some dude said something about just simply changing your uplay account and bam your back in, so how true is this? If they do change their name do they stil keep all their game progress, if so thats a major loophole. Is ubi allowed to ban psn or xbox ids cause thats what needs to be banned, on pc I have no clue mac address?

KillerNeverEasy
04-29-2016, 08:15 PM
The ban waves turn out a big joke! CHANGING NAME KEEP PLAY!!!!!!
i dont know if players who got banned last two days tried change their user name with Uplay. But after one of my friends (he is in my friend list not a real friend) received a banned email, informed him that he can no long to play this game within next 14 days. He just simple changed a Uplay user name, and login play this game again. What a joke u give us Massive, what a big one! Well done!!!!!

g0ing_r0gue
04-29-2016, 08:23 PM
Having reports by a possible troll that the banned players only had to change their uPlay account name and they could get back on. It's most likely BS, but none the less I think it should be looked into.

Yup, this point is incredibly valid. Regardless of what you personally may think of me, this isn't my PSN ID/gamer tag, why? Not because I'm hacking or anything, it's because I know how internet mindsets tend to work when discussions can get heated, don't need my gamer tag revenge targeted. Anyways, digressing.

But you are absolutely right, there is nothing stopping hackers from making new accounts, anyone can make one. This is a prime example of a mandatory feature being a flaw since it's exploitable (not exclusive to uplay either). You could say this is a step in the right direction for PC users, but as you've pointed out, it doesn't look like a well thought out step.

BigUrn
04-29-2016, 08:29 PM
I have been looking around the net and most stuff says that uplay accounts only save to that particular account but idk

Kyosji
04-29-2016, 08:32 PM
Yup, this point is incredibly valid. Regardless of what you personally may think of me, this isn't my PSN ID/gamer tag, why? Not because I'm hacking or anything, it's because I know how internet mindsets tend to work when discussions can get heated, don't need my gamer tag revenge targeted. Anyways, digressing.

But you are absolutely right, there is nothing stopping hackers from making new accounts, anyone can make one. This is a prime example of a mandatory feature being a flaw since it's exploitable (not exclusive to uplay either). You could say this is a step in the right direction for PC users, but as you've pointed out, it doesn't look like a well thought out step.

Oh, hey! You're that guy from a few days ago that sparked up a long troll bait thread.

Also: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1441991-Improving-the-player-experience-%E2%80%93-topic-Cheating-amp-exploits?p=11657800&viewfull=1#post11657800

Apparently in the other thread another player came in and said his friend that was banned tried it and it didn't work, and Natchai clearly stated the whole uPlay account was banned, not the character name.

Piedplat.
04-29-2016, 08:33 PM
After I read this, five minutes ealier I got kill by a flying guy.

Wow I love the approvement of the ubi dev. ;)

g0ing_r0gue
04-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Oh, hey! You're that guy from a few days ago that sparked up a long troll bait thread.

Also: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1441991-Improving-the-player-experience-%E2%80%93-topic-Cheating-amp-exploits?p=11657800&viewfull=1#post11657800

Apparently in the other thread another player came in and said his friend that was banned tried it and it didn't work, and Natchai clearly stated the whole uPlay account was banned, not the character name.

Still don't get it do you? Even when giving you props on something regardless of our back and forth the other day, you just want to be combative and puff your chest out, because 'seniority', Pffft. I can guess your age bracket with the mentality you chuck my way easily, I would be incredibly surprised if you were even close to my age bracket. Congrats, you are sucking me in to your toxicity, something I try to avoid because internet fights are pointless.

Anyways, getting back to a real discussion where we are on the same side here...

So they can ban an account, what, as you've pointed out that I have agreed with you on, stops someone from just hacking with a new character until they are caught? Sure, 1 account gets a 14 day time out, but all a hacker needs to do if they really truly wanted to do, is create a new account withing seconds of being banned. There's plenty of places on the net to get throw away email accounts. IP bans are tricky, pretty sure you would know that, those can be exploited too.

BigUrn
04-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Well anyone who would go to such extremes to cheat again in a game really is sad

Jampie_NL
04-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Very good!

Maybe also use hardware ban in the future ?? will be very effective :)

Maelwys_SC113
04-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the update, but some more specifics would be nice as to what the punishments will be exactly (since many of us have spent quite a while now getting ganked by roving bands of rogues all with 240 gear score in the DZ). For example:

If a player has:
1 240 item: No action is taken against the player
2-3 240 items: All but 1 randomly selected item of the 240 gear score items are deleted
4-5 240 items: All but 1 randomly selected item of the 240 gear score items are deleted, and the player's account is suspended for a week
6+ 240 items: All 240 items are deleted, and the player's account is banned

g0ing_r0gue
04-29-2016, 08:54 PM
Well anyone who would go to such extremes to cheat again in a game really is sad

Agreed.

Lnk003
04-29-2016, 08:56 PM
Bref record your games guys lol

iNNo.-
04-29-2016, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the update, but some more specifics would be nice as to what the punishments will be exactly (since many of us have spent quite a while now getting ganked by roving bands of rogues all with 240 gear score in the DZ). For example:

If a player has:
2-3 240 items: All but 1 randomly selected item of the 240 gear score items are deleted
4-5 240 items: All but 1 randomly selected item of the 240 gear score items are deleted, and the player's account is suspended for a week

lol just lol... troll right?

iNNo.-
04-29-2016, 09:08 PM
I want to hear more about how you intend to detect those glitching... words are easy.

cypher_complex
04-29-2016, 09:57 PM

If a player has:

A ban is kinda over the top TBH but I get where your coming from. Someone with that many 240 bits clearly knew what they doing when they did it. 2-3 maybe not. /shrug. Its a slippery slope.

Honestly I am glad to see they are doing stuff however In the last 48 hours Deltas have been worse then they have ever been for my group. Its not us. Is there perhaps a chance that these detection scripts you are running causing issues? We are actually getting Group server errors occasionally. I think these scripts are putting a load issue to boot. So yeah. /shrug

Malacite
04-29-2016, 10:02 PM
THANK YOU! Holy crap it's about time.

Please though, if you catch someone actually hacking/cheating.... the 14 day suspension isn't enough, they need to be hit with a rollback.

Diedel443
04-29-2016, 10:21 PM
A ban is kinda over the top TBH but I get where your coming from. Someone with that many 240 bits clearly knew what they doing when they did it. 2-3 maybe not. /shrug. Its a slippery slope.

Honestly I am glad to see they are doing stuff however In the last 48 hours Deltas have been worse then they have ever been for my group. Its not us. Is there perhaps a chance that these detection scripts you are running causing issues? We are actually getting Group server errors occasionally. I think these scripts are putting a load issue to boot. So yeah. /shrug

It is not that easy, you can get a 240 for each char, each week. I am not sure how many weeks are supposed to have worked, but even with 2 weeks you could get 8 240 items.

BUZZKILLER-FTW
04-29-2016, 10:40 PM
if your using a cheat engine yeah you should be banned, if your using a in game exploit that's uibisofts problem not the players, this game has been broken from day one so whos to say whats a glitch and whats not you want ppl to explore on games but want to ban them for doing so? guess what you cant perma ban on a game that's online only, look at gta v how many times did they try to perma ban ppl and only way to do it is a psn ban. ubisofts customer service is the worst iv ever seen I will never be buying another product with there logo again.

SF_Renegade
04-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Hope this works - But beside a ban for cheaters they should also have a huge rollback so they can´t benefit for their cheating - send them back to level 10 in DZ - then they can work them self up like the rest of us have done - and all their guns and gear will be useless for them.

evilacid1
04-29-2016, 10:58 PM
Awesome!

Although I wish that rules and regulations like these had been made crystal clear from the start - this gives us hope for a better game experience, going forward.

Actually you are informed before you install the game its all that stuff you simply just click past without reading, every game has theses rules before installing them its not just warnings but rules as well and every games pretty much uses the same set of rules.

When you hit that next and accept button your in agreement those who complain about it just don't pay attention to read. Though exploiting/glitching has been always looked at as cheating for many many many years.

killer_cs
04-29-2016, 11:09 PM
if your using a cheat engine yeah you should be banned, if your using a in game exploit that's uibisofts problem not the players, this game has been broken from day one so whos to say whats a glitch and whats not you want ppl to explore on games but want to ban them for doing so? guess what you cant perma ban on a game that's online only, look at gta v how many times did they try to perma ban ppl and only way to do it is a psn ban. ubisofts customer service is the worst iv ever seen I will never be buying another product with there logo again.

So what you are saying is people cant tell the difference between right and wrong and its the games fault? People dont know that going thru a wall with a shield is wrong unless told so? Or how about spamming talents until their dps hits the million plus mark? Honestly if you feel people should not be held accountable for these types of actions it makes me think you are one of them and just want to justify you illegitimate success. Unless they are playing their first online game everyone knows that exploiting is a type of cheating its not the first game that this has been an issue and any gamer knows that exploiting is cheating. What kind of person condones doing things that ruin the fun for millions of others. And if you want to use the argument that it doesnt then the fact that my 18 days worth of game play to get a fraction of what the people with a week of glitching bosses and the incursion so they can run rogue thru the DZ and troll solo players all day makes me a bad player. I am truly sorry you are naive enough to think that exploits are a honest way to play games and maybe one day you will have the ethical awareness to realize this.

SuspiciousPixel
04-29-2016, 11:48 PM
This is why a stat wipe is needed for those who get caught cheating. They are laughing at you right now Massive/Ubisoft.

http://i.imgur.com/ZqxlWe9.png

IIIBelomorIII
04-29-2016, 11:52 PM
t spamming talents until their dps hits the million plus mark.

some kids ez can take it as part of the game coz its damn too stupid ))

P.S. btw forums are full of threads where someone received 14 day ban and playing as usual. Still lots of cheaters in DZ. IDK WTF is going on...

DragonDutz
04-30-2016, 12:37 AM
While i do agree that people who have more than 1 240 gears should be checked. And removed to until 1 240

BUT I FIND IT FUNNY TO READ THAT!
Exploiters risk will get A RESET/ROLLBACK + SUSPENSIONS and sometimes perm ban on HOW SEVERE the glitch was being abused?
My question is that HOW come you can perm ban someone who exploited based on severity in first offense when you cant even perma ban cheaters who in my opinion was FAR MORE SEVERE than exploiting on their first offense...
Mind blown.....:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheaters had truckload of DZ keys thanks to Cheats? Truckload of DZ credits? truckloads of DZ BP, Truckloads of High end from DZ. 99 DZ LEVEL thanks to cheating? AND do YOU GUYS realize that not only exploiters that farm Incursion that day, Cheaters also FARM THEM.
And even after you guys patch those incursion exploit, Cheaters are still in THERE, using their cheats, not even affected by your patch, while exploiters just stopped, stand still....
And you guys only ban them for 14 days, while exploiters got rolled back/reset.. WTF....

Exploiters has just a very tiny part on what cheaters can get in this game.
Cheaters didnt even need those glitches, they can solo Incursion alone or even with cheat groups...
Remember when You can shoot those APC with Explosive bullets, Just imagine how easy cheaters was using RPM to kill those APC..
And how much faster those cheater kill the APC compare to those who glitch.
Cheaters are the one who need more than 14 DAYS ban. they are more damaging...

While all cheaters/hackers will only get 14 day notice for their first offense..
I think cheaters/hackers didnt even need to use exploit to go ANYWHERE, didnt even need to use mobile cover glitch to go through doors, they just tele it....

And basically what this hacker said is TRUE
You are talking of ROLLBACK on Exploiters, While CHEATERS are the biggest offender who need THOSE ROLLBACKS!.
Ubi, cheaters didnt need YOUR game to be bugged to gain advantage, they just made one.
While people who uses bug are in roller coaster, up and down because people find them then next you patch them, WHILE Cheaters have always been there never been affected by YOU even after the release of this game.
And now you are saying that Exploiters need to be rollled back while cheaters only get 14 days suspension ONLY. WHAT THE ****!

This is why a stat wipe is needed for those who get caught cheating. They are laughing at you right now Massive/Ubisoft.

http://i.imgur.com/ZqxlWe9.png

2 WEEKS? i cant even got one piece of 240 GEARS even till this DAY!
HELL, i didnt even completed Incursion even ONCE.....
Never even gotten any mats more than 100 since the crafting nerf..
Never even crafted any items after the crafting nerf..
And in i can even think to farm 99 DZ in 2 WEEKS......

While i agree, ubisoft should do something on people who have tons of 240 gears...

OMG UBI, do you guys live in real world....
Just check on youtube or anything. Cheaters gain advantage and level up insanely fast in DZ.
Ton of those cheaters in DZ are 99, has completed all blueprints, crafted insane gears with those division tech.
While legit player cant even do in 24 x 14 days of PLAY.. Please think for a while...

Ironeyes-
04-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Good glad to see you are working onit.

Old_School_Ref
04-30-2016, 12:46 AM
So what your saying is you're going to continue to put out a flawed product and punish those that take advantage of it by telling everybody about how flawed the product is? What a joke! How do we get to punish you when your flawed product effects our experience? Like when I'm over half way through a mission and I get stuck in a floor or fall completely through the map and have to start over? Or when the daily missions are the same 3 or 4 days in a row? Or when a Daily Mission won't start no matter what I try depriving me of my precious phoenix credits I need to buy blue prints for a overly nerfed crafting feature? Its not like I can take the game and season pass back to the store and get my money back. Instead telling us what your going to do to punish the people that payed their hard earned money to buy your broken game you should tell us what your going to do to fix it so its playable 100% of the time.

Maybe you should put your money where your pompous mouths are and offer us the opportunity to recoup what we believe was a poor investment in Ubisoft and its over hyped and broken product and offer a refund to those of us that are tired of your excuses and threats and failure to give us an enjoyable/playable game.

I'm sure I will be ignored because I would expect nothing less from the cowards at Ubisoft.

DragonDutz
04-30-2016, 01:13 AM
What UBISOFT SHOULD DO!!!
I mark it in RED!

CHEAT ENGINES

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply character reset and suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

See you in game!

The Division Team

SilentSnooky
04-30-2016, 01:40 AM
OK hackers still an issue and due to UBISOFTS NEW software aniti cheat ******** we still need proof to report hackers....you know what they dont care I dont care I got the game when I upgraded to a 3 way sli sytem that had no problem running games until the division and I have jumped through hoops trying to fix the issues that are present in this game so I will let the hackers and trying to find a group in the selling Falcon lost **** spam in regional chat is a joke I mean ffs all the employees at massive and uplay and not a SINGLE ****ING MORON HAS THE SENSE TO JUST OUT RIGHT ban people selling runs.......I dont care shove your what I thought was an epic game up your arse I got my game free I just feel sorry for the people you BASICLY *** RAPED with DLC and pre purchase UBISOFT has there money they are obligated t make the dlc after the announcement but the fun you will see in the mean time I just give up cheaters glitchers have destroyed this game I'm off to find something more worthwhile

**** YOU UBISOFT YOU JOKE OF A COMPANY LAST TIME YOU RAPE MY ***

DragonDutz
04-30-2016, 01:41 AM
Massive banwave they say..
Only 14 days, no character wipe which is further disappoints me...
Already met 1 cheater on my first DZ entrance... Running fast gunning people down with RPM.....
This is turning sour extremely quickly....

SilentSnooky
04-30-2016, 01:46 AM
ubisoft has made there money now let the people selling runs in FL and the hacker that have not been banned have there fun I mean its almost a month until the new content is realeased with glitches that exploiters will use you know what **** this **** I'm done

for all you people that still hooked get out while you can dont let UBIDOFT GET AWAY WITH THIS ****

THEY JUST PROMISING **** THEY CANT DELIVER AND WE THE CONSUMER WILL PAY FOR IT

Caz147
04-30-2016, 02:06 AM
Suspend them? Suusspend??? i swear i just read that you'll suspend a hacker. Screw your heads on Ubisoft you useless ****s, You going to give us another good ****ing with 150 more phoenix credits?

The games already dead, Sincerely
Some annoyed **** :P

stick_jock2002
04-30-2016, 02:11 AM
Lets all not forget the lack of Daily Missions now... *sigh*...

DragonDutz
04-30-2016, 02:47 AM
Met the second cheater today.

Lol...

Rocky_Mtn
04-30-2016, 04:21 AM
Thank you for an official response on such a polarizing topic, finally. I am unfortunately not all that thrilled with how long it's taken and the lack of information. I still find the disparity in gear levels of players who played within the code of conduct and those who did not to be unsustainable in the pvp areas of the game. Instant death is just not fun or engaging game play period. Can we please see some bone thrown to your honest player base in the form of smaller incremental Dark Zone tiers or changes to the crafting system for casual, honest customers? If not I may seek the refund route and wash my hands of The Devsion.

Born_in_1976
04-30-2016, 04:52 AM
nothing changes unfortunately. this only b.....it

l.a.r.t
04-30-2016, 05:14 AM
No punishment for past exploiters at all? What a joke. At least thank you for being honest that you give a shi* about your legit player base and not playing this game was the and will be the right decision.

yclick
04-30-2016, 05:30 AM
Funny thing is, I know a "banned" guy, and he told me that he got an email with 14 days ban; but he is still able to enter the game, and he dont even need a mobile cover to enter...

ReiShadowheart
04-30-2016, 05:37 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if changing Uplay account name is all one needs to get around a suspension or a ban. The ability to change your Uplay account name, which is INDIRECTLY the name of any character you create, is why I said the /report feature wouldn't work. You don't even name your characters! anyone notice themselves naming their characters at any point? you don't! It all goes off your Uplay account name. I don't even know why they let people change account names so easily in the first place.

NainConPetant
04-30-2016, 05:56 AM

The biggest question that might been asked but i wont read 20 pages to see if it was is :

Will the exploiters, especially the FL ones that got the highest lvl of items in the game so far, will get a punishment now or you guys will go from now since you are giving the info now ?

I mean, i stopped playing 2 weeks ago because I had no fun anymore getting stomped by players that are really really stronger than me.

Before some of you throw me rocks, i am lvl 60 dz and 180k dmg + 65k health with legit gameplay.

If you dont punish thoses guys, well you won't see me back and I still not gonna buy the season pass. My experience is already ruined and i dont feel like beeing stomped again by players having stronger equipment from a "previous announcement" exploit.

I dont think am alone

The_Kovacs
04-30-2016, 06:16 AM
Its a good start, my only question why would you let proven hackers back into the game? If there wasn't a PvP element to the division then I could understand that. Personally I would perma ban any one caught using non sanctioned third party software (that is then used to enhance your stats or change world data). I would even go a step further and ban their entire uplay account - but I can see that maybe considered drastic.

MisterLightSkin
04-30-2016, 06:27 AM
First off, I understand that Ubisoft must take action against players who are "cheating". It does make the gaming environment unfair for player who choose to go the legit way to earn their stats. However, if a game has exploits that players find out about, no one is getting paid to report these exploit/glitches to the developers so people will use those exploits to their advantage. Whether or not it is against the terms does not matter because they players are not responsible for bad coding on behalf of the developers. It's like going to an ATM to withdraw money and the ATM gives you more without charging you because the ATM malfunctioned. Is it the person's fault for keeping the money, no because the person is not responsible for maintenance of the ATM. Morally, one would think the person should report the issue and give the money back but who would really do that? No one. But the people who were unable to benefit from that error will be quick to cry because they missed out on it.

People are not complaining about glitching because they care, they are complaining because they did not have a means to take advantage of it so they want to make everyone else suffer for it. Again, I do not support cheating but I do not believe that because a few missed out or chose not to do it that everyone else should be banned for it. Hence, Ubisoft has implemented a new rule going forward which will punish all new cheating/glitching. Here is my perspective on why they are not banning everyone who used in game glitches:

1. More than likely, half of the player base on consoles have benefited from it so taking their gear or banning them would destroy the player base and basically cause the game to go wasted.
2. It would be difficult to tell who actually completed the missions legitimately and who didn't unless Ubisoft records every player's progress and tracked how they earned their gear before the glitch/cheat tracker.
3. Ubisoft is taking partial blame for this because their code had errors which legally, a player can not be punished for taking advantage of because there is no way to confirm if the play really knew they were glitching or not.

Ubisoft has made it clear going forward that using any glitches/exploits/cheats will result in punishment. You can't punish people for cheating/glitching where no rules were set prior to the incidents.

Here is my opinion going forward on how they could resolve the issue to make it fair for everyone and not punish anyone.

1. Make all of the gear obtained from the PVE side usable only in PVE. Meaning, 240 gear and below would now only assist in completing PVE mission.
2. Give every player a set of gear/weapons to use in PVP based on their DZ level to use in PVP with base stats and any higher gear would be earned from BOSS drops / supply drops.
3. If a higher level DZ player kills a lower level DZ player, they can not use the gear of the lower or higher player and it can only be used to break down for crafting.

If the above steps are taken by the developers and players decide to find another way to exploit/glitch, it should result in a 30 day suspension on first offense and a second offense would result in permanent ban of their PSN account from accessing the game.

Although the developers try to separate the two, using in game exploits/glitches are not the same as cheating. Cheating is deliberately creating ways by altering the game coding to create an exploit. This doesn't happen on console but it is more of problem on PC.

Console gamers are restricted to in game glitches and exploits as where PC gamers edit code or use software to create cheats.

Dead_man_jack
04-30-2016, 06:31 AM

The Division Team

so script kiddies(haxers) get to keep what they cheated to get yet exploiters can get a roll back.... why not extended that roll back for skiddies accounts preferbal to completely new as in wiped .

ReiShadowheart
04-30-2016, 07:41 AM
The biggest question that might been asked but i wont read 20 pages to see if it was is :

Will the exploiters, especially the FL ones that got the highest lvl of items in the game so far, will get a punishment now or you guys will go from now since you are giving the info now ?

I mean, i stopped playing 2 weeks ago because I had no fun anymore getting stomped by players that are really really stronger than me.

Before some of you throw me rocks, i am lvl 60 dz and 180k dmg + 65k health with legit gameplay.

If you dont punish thoses guys, well you won't see me back and I still not gonna buy the season pass. My experience is already ruined and i dont feel like beeing stomped again by players having stronger equipment from a "previous announcement" exploit.

I dont think am alone

No, they aren't going to be punished. Anyone who haxxed or glitched their way to having full or near full 240 gear gets to keep it all.

Because you know, haxxing and glitching was apparently NOT against any TOS prior to Nachai's speech. Maybe there wasn't even a TOS prior. We should have all glitched and haxxed our way to power beforehand.

SleepySnail017
04-30-2016, 10:52 AM
"Our first step is to give you clearer and more concrete visibility. Should new bugs be discovered, we will quickly confirm if these are considered exploits. All known exploits will be clearly listed in a public forum thread and across our various communication platforms."
ok, is anybody have a link for this official "known bugs" thread? i try to find it, but i can't :(

MVP_HITnT
04-30-2016, 11:14 AM
hi, as you know i got banned yesterday for using hacks. i appreciated that UPLAY have finally do something to the hackers. But there are still HACKERS out in the dark zone using cheats. As i showed to you yesterday, people are using cheats/hacks (including me) in dark zone, yesterday was the first time that i ave used cheats and still i got killed from no where.The people are USING HACKS but they TURN DOWN THE RPM cheat value and still plays in the dark zone and making it impossible to pvp. For example, i am on a gs of 215 yesterday in dark zone without cheats and with 100k health and amour of 4600. Me and my team are going rouge and we are on manhunt, the person that we are chasing turned back and killed out whole team in 2s with ult active on us. He used an aug ( his gs were 200 and on a 2 man team ) and open cheats with auto aim and no recoil. So i just want to prove here is that the dark zone are still not playable and i showed you yesterday by i using hacks and trying to rise your attention that the people are turning down RPM VALUE and killing the other people. So normal pvp going face to face is not playable here. If you say that the skill that my team have are bad so we got killed by 2 man team. i could tell you that we were on 8 last night and we were camping the safe house, one team at each door, it is physically no possible to go 1 v 4 against an team which have killed over 100 rouges agents in total.
One another case that we met, a player named ( SHIFT_45) yesterday, he saw the manhunt sign and went towards our team, he used his ult and we did as well. THE STRANGE THING is that WE CANT GET HIS HEALTH BELOW SECOND BAR, our team have gs over 210 for every single one of us and were using different sets so we gets the buff, to take turns to active the defensive ult(T) by still no effective and SHIFT is still hitting us although we take less damage by he takes no more damage after the 1st bat is gone. So i am telling you that cheats have HEALTH LOCK and this is thing that you have to fix as well. the HEALTH LOCK seems less obvious then using the RPM CHEATS and newbie wont notice this, but we played so much and spent so much time in the dark zone so it is clear that if some one used cheats or not.
Instead of people using hacks secretly or people like me using the hacks obvious, still its hacks and it made the game unfair and unplayable. Personally i think people use hacks secretly are more of a bunch of people should be checked and deal with with. As they are feared to be banned but they still use 3rd party program to disrupt the game
So i just want to say that the cheaters are still here, why don't you add a cheats checker or an program from anti the cheats? i know the bugs in game are a lot but if you fixed the bugs not cheaters. The cheats can just teleport in to the bug area and this will result an increase of player using hacks. I am willing to pay for another copy of this game if the hackers problem can be fixed and tbh another 70 pounds is nothing to me. Please read and replies.

DzudziNS
04-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Personally I never use glitches and exploit the system because I know that I will not have a sense of accomplishment BUT...

We people need to know one thing:

Exploits and glitches are not mistakes made by players. These are the errors made by the devs.
Players "only" use those mistakes made by devs in his favor.

Let's put aside question about morality and fairness.

If someone (devs) give you a chance (by not doing his job on proper way) to accomplish something on easy way or faster, am sure that minimum 50-60 percent of players will take the chance. And they take the chance. Of course... taking this "gift" from devs now create another problems.

Let's be honest people. We talk about shield glitch in the last 3-4 weeks. It's almost a month. This game is 2 month old. They didn't fix anything.
It tells me that either devs don't know how to fix it or they don't wont to fix it. And now suddenly they start to punish players because of mistakes THEY make? Common.

OK is to take some actions. For example to delete some gear or strip down level of character just to try to retake balance in the game. With terrible loot system in DZ I can't expect to survive any
clash with another players who, for example, use GIFT for devs and grind Incursion for days. Just in last 3 days I die, who know how many times, almost instantly. With broken skill system, armor mitigation that is totally useless (i have 63,8 and can pump my health to 110k) i can't survive more than a 2 seconds.

For players who use 3rd party cheat software.... PERMANENT BAN. I will not bother even to send notification mail. Just auto generated msg when they try to log in. This low life scum is not even worth mentioning here.

Anomoly420
04-30-2016, 12:31 PM
It's easy Ubisoft. Would you grind out the same missions for WEEKS on end with a guarantee they will be worse than what you got? How about how most higher GS gear isn't as strong as most armor pre-incursion. I did glitched the incursion wall glitch. I got 2 gear set pieces. GARBAGE. So bad, I didnt even WANT to glitch the mission again. Wasn't worth it. Now, if you change up the loot system so instead of random garbage, the game actually looks at your inventory, still using RNG, but gives you a chance at ACTUALLY getting better stuff. Ex. I was looking for Stamina Gloves. Mod slot would have been nice. I had to buy my gloves cause NO stamina build dropped that was higher rated. All the other gloves drops made me weaker. I love this game. But if it's not rewarding to play, and there's a glitch to attempt to get better (yes, attempt. Cause you still get garbage despite anything) stuff, you can't be mad at people.

As well, I'd share my idea for loot-drops if anyone was interested

jeweettoch13
04-30-2016, 12:56 PM

Too late anyway.

CannyJack
04-30-2016, 01:55 PM
It no longer matters why people exploited bugs, or who is morally in the right, or whose fault it is, the message is clear: from now on, if you choose to exploit a bug in the game, you risk a ban.

keysha88
04-30-2016, 02:10 PM
A exploit is not a hack and punishing players that find an error in your system is never the fault of the player but the coder.
Punishing people from finding and using a flaw within your system is just stupid.
After all it is you as a developer that has to deliver a finished product and if it is broken it is up to you to fix them.
In case of this falcon lost exploit it does not take a einstein to place an actual wall at the back of it,
or in the case of this window glitch to put some trashbags or what ever environment filler in front of this window.
I mean this is very easy to fix and to think of before release of that content.
I like to note that doors like in russian consulate do not open far enough.Players can accidentally roll behind them and get stuck.
These are standard things you test while you design.2 options,
Either have the doors open wider or a little closer.
Stuck on trash assets is all so very common.The fix?? Make the trash asset destructible like the pylons in the game.

it is that simple.

DzudziNS
04-30-2016, 02:25 PM
A exploit is not a hack and punishing players that find an error in your system is never the fault of the player but the coder.
Punishing people from finding and using a flaw within your system is just stupid.
After all it is you as a developer that has to deliver a finished product and if it is broken it is up to you to fix them.
In case of this falcon lost exploit it does not take a einstein to place an actual wall at the back of it,
or in the case of this window glitch to put some trashbags or what ever environment filler in front of this window.
I like to note that doors like in russian consulate do not open far enough.Players can accidentally roll behind them and get stuck.
Stuck on trash assets is all so very common.The fix?? Make the trash asset destructible like the pylons in the game.

it is that simple.

Quality test team is non existing department in UBI and Massive. I'm quit sure.

MisterLightSkin
04-30-2016, 02:25 PM

CHEAT ENGINES

BUG EXPLOITS

What is a bug exploit?

See you in game!

The Division Team

The Dark Zone in my opinion is not a really good PVP. Although you can kill other players in the DZ, what is the overall objective? Beside getting DZ rank which is currently capped at 99 and stealing crap loot from other players, what does one gain from going "rouge"?

There needs to be situational PVP games implemented immediately in order for people to continue to play in the DZ. More and more people are slowly leaving the game because of a lack of options and of course the problem with "glitchers".

The glitchers are not that much of an issue as it is a lack of things to do in the game. If this game is multiplayer online only, there needs to be a plethora of things for players to do and accomplish.

For instance, the supply drops recently added could have been turned into a 10-20 Capture the Flag PVP where the team that captures the most supply drops would win DZ funds, D-Tech, and a good piece of armor or weapon.

Team Deathmatch is also another objective that could be added where teams would fight each other and which ever teams wins would get XP and DZ funds. No one would have the option to kick anyone from the team however people could join randomly on the team by matchmaking or if people are already in groups when they initiate the team deathmatch.

The reason why people play CoD so much even though the game is boring now and very repetitive is because there are tons of game modes to choose from with stats.

PVP needs a series overhaul immediately with leaderboards if The Division plans on being a great game. This game doesnt appear to be a game that will have a new release every year so make as much as possible for players to play to keep people interested in the game.

Note: one of the main reasons why so many players are glitching and cheating is because they do not feel rewarded for playing the game legitimately. I'm not supporting cheating but give people a reason not to.

Diedel443
04-30-2016, 02:26 PM
It no longer matters why people exploited bugs, or who is morally in the right, or whose fault it is, the message is clear: from now on, if you choose to exploit a bug in the game, you risk a ban.

I am not even sure about that and that is why i asked for clarification. Right now i read it that you can exploit the crap out of the game, as long as the exploit is not on "the list", wherever that might be.

First4r
04-30-2016, 02:34 PM
Natchai_Ubisoft - We need a better reporting system!

Simple: just add a "Report" button on the dead screen

Hold Space to respawn,
Hold F to report suspect player

DzudziNS
04-30-2016, 02:43 PM
Note: one of the main reasons why so many players are glitching and cheating is because they do not feel rewarded for playing the game legitimately. I'm not supporting cheating but give people a reason not to.

There will always be people who will or who will try to cheat and use 3rd party cheat software. That's somewhat linked even with the psychology of the people in real life.
If this or similar event hit humanity in real life for example, there is a good chance that those ppl who cheat in video games, cheat you in real life or use you for personal gain. Psychology is not so far from ppl behavior in video games. Actually it's more highlighted because there is no real consequences for ppl who cheat.

But I agree with you. Give us content. This will, for sure, reduce the number of cheaters and glitchers. But first.... fix the problems!

RJ_McCat
04-30-2016, 03:15 PM
I will be interested in seeing if they follow thru with this, good if they do but if past is prologue then it might not be much more than late damage control. None the less, they have said nothing about what if anything their plan is for fixing the game is along with what they are going to do if anything about the gear and massive imbalance their compounded mistakes and failures will be.

killenjoke
04-30-2016, 04:21 PM

this made me laugh a little bit. most of the bugs and exploits came as a direct result of you guys hot patching the game to nerf the economy because players were progressing "too fast". Now progression is slowed to a snails pace and people are looking to exploits to mitigate the mind numbing grind and painful experiences throughout the game, but especially in the DZ.

Cheaters should definitely be dealt with. that's a given, no one should be able to hack a AAA title with such ease and get away with it of course there's just as much blame on the developers side. but maybe instead of redirecting your efforts to punish the exploiters, you should work on improving the game mechaincs they are almost forced to exploit. On top of that, like I said in another post, why don't you guys reward people not cheating and exploiting?

as is crafting sucks, gold D tech is becoming the rarest commodity in the game, second only to fun. challenges are unfun and unrewarding. Incursion? get wiped on round 15, start all over? super fun(maximum sarcasm) how are the players left behind by the exploits ever supposed to catch up. They're the ones you guys punish with the band-aid fixes.

if people are rushing to 219 and it's causing a huge gap in the player power levels in the DZ, then add more brackets to the DZ, 2 is a joke to begin with, who though that was a drastic improvement?

Surnumanaja69
04-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Thank you!

HarryWolfe
05-01-2016, 05:21 AM
I wonder if the last patch and the wave of people unable to log in has anything to do with an upgrade to the anti cheat systems? :P Seeing as I have been unable to log in since then :P Verification of this would be nice, as i'll happily give an Australian Ubisoft representative access to my computers to prove that I have never used cheats or hacks or w/e ...

Game crashed during a Falcon Lost run, we'd been giving it a good go, and been in there for a few hours :P, Obviously not cheating then :P, when the game crashed, there were cercumstances around the crash on my end, which are touched upon in my Support ticket, but seeing as Support is well nigh non-existent you'll forgive my attempts to gain some sort of attention for this problem (for both myself and the dozens of others posting about this issue in the Tech forum).

HnyBear.bacon
05-01-2016, 07:42 AM
I know dozens of people whom got emails saying they have a 14 day ban and can still log in and play. I guess UBI can't even get bans right.

On the other side I know even more people whom are still glitching and even worse, hacking, and haven't received any kind of ban. I'm sorry but there is a difference between some one using hacks in the dark zone running around with 20k RPM on an M1A with no recoil, spread or sway and killing everything in site or even worse out of site through buildings then teleporting all over the damn place, compared to people just doing FL challenging with glitches because it's damn near impossible for most people to beat. BTW I did beat it on challenging legitimately but what's the point of wasting an 90 minutes of my life on a broken, glitched out incursion where mobs do more damage than they're suppose to and shoot through walls all while nade spamming and 1 shotting everyone from across the map with a shotgun?

UBI needs to get their priorities straightened out. It's not my fault they have such poor devs that the game is completely broken. I was playing it the way they presented it. Don't want me to glitch then do like every other game does and actually FIX the glitches. Punishing players for using glitches that they refuse to fix is like arresting some one for using the "have a penny leave a penny, need a penny take a penny" jar at the gas station. If anything instead of dropping the ban hammer on players that glitched they should be firing their programmers and actively looking for people that can handle the job. Ton of these glitches have been around since closed beta and UBI was made aware of them but chose to do nothing...... Now they come out of no where when it's gotten out of their control and start banning all willy nilly? Stupid just plain stupid.

Again I do agree people using hacks/3rd party programs to change the mechanics of the game do deserve bans but it seems to me at least from what I've seen those aren't the ones that got banned in these massive rounds of bans that were handed out.

Now, going forward after my 14 days is up every time I play the game I get to be paranoid that something I'm doing while playing may be considered an exploit in the future by UBI and get me permabanned............. That's utter horse poop.

Evapiong
05-01-2016, 08:22 AM
You said that right HnyBear69, Incursion is so broken with shotgun 1 shot u like miles away, and even if we blind shooting behind a cover, we still get killed by 1 shot cuz our hand/ arm stick out of cover taking full damage like they are hitting our torso. Besides that, incursion is such a lazy mission, no creativity and definitely no real strategic to it like they promise before the release. Real tactical mission should be more like mobile cover, shield, turret, sticky bomb might be the key efficiency to defeat the game but rather than that, we can just complete the game with healing skills and pulse only and a little bit of luck from not being 1 shot by shotgun and the rest of the skills are useless or to say not in par with those 2 skills when in come to pve or pvp as well.

Incursion should be a mission where it encourage other skills to be in gameplay but now all i see only 3 skills are useful in this game. Other than that, all high end gear talent are way to much focus on improving our gun dps and healing skills. i have not seen any that actually improve other skills like turret, shield , mobile cover and the rest and again making these skills pretty much useless and pointless to pick up when healing and pulse can easily outbid them. Ubisoft not only have to fix the glitcher, hacker issue but also the main issue also come from the game itself, broken skills like mobile cover, useless master skills from turret and some other skills making the whole game play experience so linear in term of the way u can really play and be as good as other build if u decided not to be the same like others in skill build. Other than that, talents from character are pretty bad design as well, as specially those require you to kill to active the talent is a very very bad design.

Over all the game is beautiful but only the environment, but the mechanic and such on how the game works are so broken which make me sad that i actually bought a broken game and even more sad to those who actually get the season passes already. I wish everyone for the best and hopefully Ubisoft is really going to think more about their new update in the future and continue improving and balancing out the gameplay & not lazy design of a mission like 1.1 patch incursion , especially the lack of tactical gameplay of this game should be taken into account and improve on it too. Thank you.

SuspiciousPixel
05-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Are you ****ing serious right now?

http://i.imgur.com/fdC17Om.png

I guess people are wise when they say never buy a Ubisoft game.

Revernar
05-01-2016, 02:38 PM
CHEAT ENGINES

when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a permanent ban.

There , fixed for you.

I can't see the logic behind someone pays and/ or install a 3rd party program and gets off with a warning when caught. is it a policy issue where the company needs to warn the client first ?

HnyBear.bacon
05-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Are you ****ing serious right now?

http://i.imgur.com/fdC17Om.png

I guess people are wise when they say never buy a Ubisoft game.

Whomever posted that is wrong. Changing your name will not allow you to play again. Hasn't worked for me or anyone I know that got a 14 day ban.

CaNNsA
05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
There , fixed for you.

I can't see the logic behind someone pays and/ or install a 3rd party program and gets off with a warning when caught. is it a policy issue where the company needs to warn the client first ?

Consumer law prevents 1st infraction permabans.
Natchai has explained this several times already.

VBK-ANJU888
05-01-2016, 04:16 PM
EVERY SERVER IN DARK ZONE HAS HACKERS! I HOPE UBISOFT staff SHOULD TRY PLAY THE GAME AND EXPERIENCE HOW HORRIBLE THE GAME HAD BECOME, ITS UNPLAYABLE, I'VE HEARD THAT THEY GET BANNED, BUT THEY KEEP GETTING BACK AND MORE! I CANT PLAY INCURSIONS AND DAILY MISSIONS ALL THE TIME!. I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME IF NO HACKS/CHEATERS ARE PLAYING IN DZ.

killer_cs
05-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Well i officially quit the game after my latest encounter with 8 players running a server together 4 of which were manhunt and when i killed a manhunt rogue it turned me rouge then their 4 friends killed me and yet again and after the third time i killed a manhunt rogue and was turned rogue i switched servers and after 5 minutes the same set of cheats showed up and started all over again they all had endless ammo. i was the longest hold of the 30 players on my friends list to quit this game which just makes me the dumbest of them all i guess. Probably wont be back as it is to the point that there is no catching up to all of you lame glitchers at this point. After checking these players on the tracker they all have less than half the game time i do and twice the gear what a freaking joke this game has become.

VBK-ANJU888
05-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Well i officially quit the game after my latest encounter with 8 players running a server together 4 of which were manhunt and when i killed a manhunt rogue it turned me rouge then their 4 friends killed me and yet again and after the third time i killed a manhunt rogue and was turned rogue i switched servers and after 5 minutes the same set of cheats showed up and started all over again they all had endless ammo. i was the longest hold of the 30 players on my friends list to quit this game which just makes me the dumbest of them all i guess. Probably wont be back as it is to the point that there is no catching up to all of you lame glitchers at this point. After checking these players on the tracker they all have less than half the game time i do and twice the gear what a freaking joke this game has become.

HOPE WE CAN GET REFUND!!! :mad::mad::mad:

bakkufu
05-01-2016, 05:58 PM
what would be better than a refund? Making the rogue players who are blatently trolling delete their gear item by item, then apply a permanent 89 gear score cap on their future kit.

BroHamBone
05-01-2016, 06:08 PM

it is that simple.

Although I agree with you, in the ToS/Code of Conduct (whatever it is) says exploiting is against it. So its breaking the rules, even though it is the programming code at fault.

PhiteWrivilege
05-01-2016, 06:33 PM
what would be better than a refund? Making the rogue players who are blatently trolling delete their gear item by item, then apply a permanent 89 gear score cap on their future kit.

That's no way to deal with players whom chose to play the game for the "Rouge" aspect. What I am personally baffled by is the fact that Massive/Ubisoft are bragging about their "Snowfall" engine while the game continues its downward slide down the slippery slope of what could have been. We spent 30 combined hours in the DZ trying to get gear to be able to do Falcon Lost and not one of use got a single piece of gear that was of any significance.

totalshoock
05-01-2016, 08:04 PM
That's awesome, love to hear this. This game would be fu**ing unbeatable if not for all of the bugs. I could actually still play with people who cheat up to 30 and have unlimited credits etc. I can't really keep on going if I fight against people who may be stronger then they are supposed to. You get what I mean and I do not really care about 1 or 2 cheaters but when the majority can boost themself this easy it's not fun at all...

I'm going to keep playing, probably less then normal until some bugs are patched but it's really nice to hear this. About cheaters they are used to permanent ban immediately but... 14 days is A LOT better than 3, especially with permanent ban the second time. Thank you!

BaronO1
05-02-2016, 08:20 AM

See you in game!

The Division Team

Good reading!

It is only shame that this is coming 2 months after the game was released and lots of damage to game's popularity and its community was already done. This policy should have been up and running very moment servers went online on March 8th. I hope this will be new impulse for rebuilding player's trust as well as showcase game's greatness.

PS. Weekend was not a great start with saturday daily missions missing...at least Sunday was already fine :P

DaJackel2014
05-02-2016, 10:53 AM
If they had tested the game properly , then we would not have such a trouble with it .

Its not the first multiplayer game. Some glitches or cheats should not occur because in modern multiplayer games these values ​​calculated by the server and not the client.

When indie game developers that happend, I would not cry in the Early Access period . But this indeed is to be a AAA game . Why has it not the AAA quality?

BARNS_RBF
05-02-2016, 11:06 AM
CHEAT ENGINES

First, why is there a 14 days suspension for cheating and / or hacking players?

They spoiled the game for many ppl and they know exactly what they are doing ... give em a permanent ban on first offense!

Second, why is there still no report a player funktion or button ingame?

Kagar2340
05-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Perhaps an easier way is to make the Dark Zone PVP a setting in the options so that players who want to PVP can set it to PVP and those who want to PVE can leave it off.

Cindeson
05-02-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm beginning to think that all this ban talk is ********, cause EVERY single DZ server on PC STILL have hackers on them. There are players that have been reported many, many times over the last days that are still hacking.

It sounded good, but it was probably just to calm people down.
/sadface

Warsuperior
05-02-2016, 12:17 PM
I was somewhat happy to read these things that are becoming but I still cannot forgive that you did not implement these in first place.
It shows poor programming, designing and leading in overal with massive/ubisoft. I really cannot belive that almost in all of you releases has been something very very badly wrong.

Also what about the honest players who lost countles items, xp and funds because of hackers, they are just to take it and be quiet?
I myself reported so many times hackers that it was not even fun anymore(read=daily) and also everyday I lost many hours of gaming because hackers or falcon lost glitchers with way too OP gear ganked honest ones.

Good thing you woke up now, its just bit late. You already lost lots of players and people are pissed because you practically sold broken game to them and didnt even offer refunds. That is in my book still stealing. Batmank Arkham Knight was broken too when it came out to PC but they at least refunded the game for people and they addressed them almost immediately what they are going to do etc.
In end those who still kept the game, like myself, got free stuff, dlcs etc. for it as compensation and that was ok for me. Not great but ok.

Now for your game I already have all I can have since I got the collectors/sleeper agent version but I want some compensation.

Let me remind you that I did not give up and I still played even hackers and bugs and glitches were there, I try to belive in your capabilities, thats why I did not quit.
Now im on break tho because last time I tried to be on DZ and extract, I could not. Said stash full even it was embty so i gave up.

Also you made game too much about grinding. Seriously running tens of hours for one lousy crafting item is too lot! It makes no sense, there is nothing to do ingame except get those stupid mats just so you can have 0.095% chance to get a item you want! or 0.01% chance on reroll to get stat you want.

Basically game is at the moment: IT decides how you play, IT tells you what stats IT wants.
Make the crafting make more sense and not just horrible grinding game. I bet Tom Clancy is not happy either about quality of the game.

After buying few broken games from ubi I swore I wont buy again but then you made me belive in this game and it was what I had waited for long time, shooter rpg and tactical so I was fooled and bought it.
I just did not get what I was advertised.
One thing more, you cant just ignore people. You have NOT answered me ever in my emails or ticket or anything even you promise to answer in 48hours, its way over weeks now and no reply.

like i said, I was happy to see this post but I cannot still be happy about how you took my money, then just ignored me and still are ignoring. I cannot thank you or cheer until this is fixed and either refunded or compensated to me and all of my other player friends.

When things mentioned above are happening, then I might thank you for the game but ball is in your court, always has been. I have to say that I have told every possible person to avoid your products, specially this game because you just seem not care.

Hey yeah, I can take money too and then just shut up or give ****ty product but i wont because its LOW and cheating and ILLEGAL!

Rant is over now, i hope this makes someone in ubisoft/massive think bit because on these internet days, business can end fast if you do this to people.

Try to fix it fast and show us that there someone actually is wanting to give us quality game, not just take money and run!

Warsuperior
05-02-2016, 12:18 PM
oh and what is thiis ********! THERE IS STILL HACKERS ON SERVER!

BaronO1
05-02-2016, 12:45 PM
oh and what is thiis ********! THERE IS STILL HACKERS ON SERVER!
You somehow assumed publishing this policy would magically remove any and all hackers from existence?

It will take weeks to get rid of large portion of cheaters and exploiters, same way it will take weeks to refine their process of cheat detection and decision making. This post should be a warning and memento for those who consider going to the dark side, i.e. use cheats or exploits. They have not introduced any new cheat prevention system that would remove cheaters immediately.

People are reporting increase in cheater's activity, which might be just biased observation or realization from cheaters that their easy times are soon over, therefore, they are going all out without fear of reprimand.

This is a start of a journey that will hopefully deliver better experience to those users that play according to rules.

DARKBLADEZD73
05-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Hey Natcahi,
I am very glad to hear this news as I am getting so very tired of losing my DZ Rank to hackers and cheaters. Also, I need to ask is the use of the Police backpack and Paramedic backpack in either the dark zone or campaign to get more ammo and med kits an exploit? My friends say it is and it isn't. I am confused. Which is it? Exploit or Not Exploit?

P.S. What do you plan on doing about Manhunt Mob Squads? Literally groups of Player's running in a MOB killing other player's?

DzudziNS
05-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Just watch from 15:50.
This game is a joke. Cheaters start to kill each other. Soon they will start to ask for refunds because they can not cheat anymore :-)

OMG!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKacmNkQ_hg

Bellum-Dominum
05-02-2016, 03:23 PM

That is a nice list of response but I don't see any response about the chat spammers. It is beyond silly that this is still going on. Do any of the devs even log in to their own game? Not to be a jerk but this is seriously a very easy to see issue and a logged in developer account should be able to immediately suspend these people. If nothing else you have brought in enough money to hire some temp for a week to do this for you. @$15hr USD for 1 week of 40 hours that's a cost to you of $600 USD. As it is this issue has myself and a good number of others I know not playing this game which means we are not referring new players to this game either. So let's say just 3 of us (we all know the number of total people beyond done with this issue is exponentially higher). Normally each gamer will get about another 4 gamers to join in a game they enjoy and refer them to via word of mouth alone. So there is 12 people you have lost. Ah but don't forget those 4 people will generally bring another 4 ppl with each of them. Sounds like a pyramid scheme but it is how word of mouth advertising works. So 3 + 12 + 48 = 63. 63 x $60 = $3,780. That is almost 4 grand lost because of this issue off of simply 3 people being done with this silliness.

Maybe I should just email this directly to UbiSoft accounting.

FuriousMonk313
05-02-2016, 05:53 PM
I was somewhat happy to read these things that are becoming but I still cannot forgive that you did not implement these in first place.
It shows poor programming, designing and leading in overal with massive/ubisoft. I really cannot belive that almost in all of you releases has been something very very badly wrong.

Also what about the honest players who lost countles items, xp and funds because of hackers, they are just to take it and be quiet?
I myself reported so many times hackers that it was not even fun anymore(read=daily) and also everyday I lost many hours of gaming because hackers or falcon lost glitchers with way too OP gear ganked honest ones.

Good thing you woke up now, its just bit late. You already lost lots of players and people are pissed because you practically sold broken game to them and didnt even offer refunds. That is in my book still stealing. Batmank Arkham Knight was broken too when it came out to PC but they at least refunded the game for people and they addressed them almost immediately what they are going to do etc.
In end those who still kept the game, like myself, got free stuff, dlcs etc. for it as compensation and that was ok for me. Not great but ok.

Now for your game I already have all I can have since I got the collectors/sleeper agent version but I want some compensation.

Let me remind you that I did not give up and I still played even hackers and bugs and glitches were there, I try to belive in your capabilities, thats why I did not quit.
Now im on break tho because last time I tried to be on DZ and extract, I could not. Said stash full even it was embty so i gave up.

Also you made game too much about grinding. Seriously running tens of hours for one lousy crafting item is too lot! It makes no sense, there is nothing to do ingame except get those stupid mats just so you can have 0.095% chance to get a item you want! or 0.01% chance on reroll to get stat you want.

Basically game is at the moment: IT decides how you play, IT tells you what stats IT wants.
Make the crafting make more sense and not just horrible grinding game. I bet Tom Clancy is not happy either about quality of the game.

After buying few broken games from ubi I swore I wont buy again but then you made me belive in this game and it was what I had waited for long time, shooter rpg and tactical so I was fooled and bought it.
I just did not get what I was advertised.
One thing more, you cant just ignore people. You have NOT answered me ever in my emails or ticket or anything even you promise to answer in 48hours, its way over weeks now and no reply.

like i said, I was happy to see this post but I cannot still be happy about how you took my money, then just ignored me and still are ignoring. I cannot thank you or cheer until this is fixed and either refunded or compensated to me and all of my other player friends.

When things mentioned above are happening, then I might thank you for the game but ball is in your court, always has been. I have to say that I have told every possible person to avoid your products, specially this game because you just seem not care.

Hey yeah, I can take money too and then just shut up or give ****ty product but i wont because its LOW and cheating and ILLEGAL!

Rant is over now, i hope this makes someone in ubisoft/massive think bit because on these internet days, business can end fast if you do this to people.

Try to fix it fast and show us that there someone actually is wanting to give us quality game, not just take money and run!

I can feel your pain, and I'm also at the point as to where I want to give up on this game. Continuing to play this game reminds me of someone who is in an abusive relationship who is so in love with their abuser that they are totally blind to the situation. Hackers, exploiters are just the "tip of the ice burg" when it comes to issues that need to be addressed with this game. Balancing issues, UI glitches, game mechanics not function correctly, looting, crafting, broken talents and perks, PVE becoming irrelevant after level 30... I can go on and on. I've learned a valuable lesson dealing with Ubisoft..... I will never pre-order again, I will wait until reviews are post, and even after that I will wait a month or two to see how the game matures.

mattuc95
05-02-2016, 06:50 PM
So wheres that list of bugs at?

Mushashi7
05-02-2016, 08:35 PM
I have a hard time even accepting rogues in the DZ zone. It makes the Dark Zone one big slaughterhouse. More or less a pure Deathmatch area. And I don't like deathmatch at all. I never did.

Yesterday I was shoot three times by a rogue using an aimbot. He stole my loot. I chased him as soon as I respawned and sat after him. I found him twice but he killed me with a single shot every time. I even shot at him and hit him hard, but he didn't get a scratch. Circumstances like this is untolerable.

The Dark Zone is not a fun experience anymore. The game being too strict build to extend the time playing makes this even worse. It's a nightmare. I don't think any decent player finds this funny anymore. Even with the best stats and gear you can win versus a cheater. So, where's the entertainment value in the game? The main mission only?

I've gone back to play Daily Missions. It far more fun than the Dark Zone. I only get 2 Phoenix Credits by each mission, but at least I know I earned them through my efforts without cheating..

CVSiN
05-02-2016, 08:44 PM
I have a hard time even accepting rogues in the DZ zone. It makes the Dark Zone one big slaughterhouse. More or less a pure Deathmatch area. And I don't like deathmatch at all. I never did.

Yesterday I was shoot three times by a rogue using an aimbot. He stole my loot. I chased him as soon as I respawned and sat after him. I found him twice but he killed me with a single shot every time. I even shot at him and hit him hard, but he didn't get a scratch. Circumstances like this is untolerable.

The Dark Zone is not a fun experience anymore. The game being too strict build to extend the time playing makes this even worse. It's a nightmare. I don't think any decent player finds this funny anymore. Even with the best stats and gear you can win versus a cheater. So, where's the entertainment value in the game? The main mission only?

I've gone back to play Daily Missions. It far more fun than the Dark Zone. I only get 2 Phoenix Credits by each mission, but at least I know I earned them through my efforts without cheating..

And how exactly do you know he was using any hack whatsoever? I play on console where there are very few ways to do that and have seen it and been accused of it by low gear scored people over and over.

What you define as hitting him "hard" can be mitigated to merely nothing properly with a GOOD build.. not just stacking GS items to a high number.
Using explosive bullets I can pretty much destroy a lesser geared player in 1-2 hits with ease while playing in the rules of the game. Dont forget ultimates as well which a good PVP player will use to make it seem like they are invincible. Ive seen a million times where people forget they have it and get owned.
I'm not saying there are not exploiters still out there especially on the PC version, but I see tons and tons of just BAD players complaining about legit ganks and then crying "mad hax" over it.

UWS-Preacher
05-02-2016, 10:18 PM
And how exactly do you know he was using any hack whatsoever? I play on console where there are very few ways to do that and have seen it and been accused of it by low gear scored people over and over.

What you define as hitting him "hard" can be mitigated to merely nothing properly with a GOOD build.. not just stacking GS items to a high number.
Using explosive bullets I can pretty much destroy a lesser geared player in 1-2 hits with ease while playing in the rules of the game. Dont forget ultimates as well which a good PVP player will use to make it seem like they are invincible. Ive seen a million times where people forget they have it and get owned.
I'm not saying there are not exploiters still out there especially on the PC version, but I see tons and tons of just BAD players complaining about legit ganks and then crying "mad hax" over it.

I know they are hacking when they teleport around everywhere they go and there is a lot of that going on in DZ as of late

AngryBunny1973
05-02-2016, 10:44 PM
STILL WAITING FOR THE DZ HACKS TO BE FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Littleweasel
05-03-2016, 02:14 AM
imo anyone that has cheated, hacked or used an exploit on the incursion should have all their characters/account rolled back you when the incursion was released wether you are on console or pc that way they will lose all the weapons and armor they got from cheating, hacking or using an exploit as well as a 14 day suspension with a not when they boot up the game letting them know they have been rolled back and that they have been suspended for cheating, hacking or using an exploit.

Handsome._.Jack
05-03-2016, 04:31 AM
Shotgunners from falcon lost CM are using cheat. they can 1 shot snipe you from sniper range. plz ban them

beastiiing
05-03-2016, 06:00 AM
Wow, very nice. I hope it works out well.

P.S. Has anyone looked at the stuff I reported to you via PM?

wow they ban me with no email they said they had no idea why my account was ban and couldnt lift the ban and said it was ban because i broke the terms of services even though they said they dont know how i broke it so why the hell am i ban this is dumb

flashbak420
05-03-2016, 09:02 AM
All of this hax and cheat talk is a diversion from the actual substantive problems in both design and implementation by both Ubi and Massive. In order to "punish" cheaters and hackers they bump up the costs on everything, while still doing nothing to address the problems. These problems are numerous, from glitchy network code, to really pathetic collision detection such that falling through the map without using skills, without rolling, without cover to cover nonsense is a regular occurrence.

I can tell you that in my experience with this ****e game I am stuck at a 163 gs and have not been permitted to finish any but one challenge mode and certainly not even permitted to complete the incursion even once. You lock the entire meat of the game behind a completely pathetic multiplayer game with zero idea of how to pull it off properly then punish the players who aren't cheating and hacking their way through the end game. The project manager for this game needs to be dragged out back and hit about the head repeatedly until some f***ing common sense creeps its way in.

I am haflway tempted to go and download one of the dozens of hacks for this piece of crap just so I can play the f***king game I f***ing paid for.

FACExPLANTxRYDR
05-03-2016, 09:13 AM
I don't think cheating is even the problem anymore I think it just the gameplay now. I think it's boring now. Use to be the greatest game. I was playing non stop at one point. One day played for 24 hrs straight. Now though? I don't know it's just boring. I originally just did dailies challenges and left but now I don't even do them. I''m just bored, moved on to better games, so I hope it gets better. Whatever, I can have haters talk smack on my opinion but figure I'd just say I went from being a huge fan to disgusted.

MonkInsane
05-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Just a quick question:

Would your Anti-hack pick up MSI Afterburner's OSD as a hack, as I use it to monitor GPU Temp and usage and FPS whilst playing?

Also, how about adding a parent app to the game that monitors the running game and detects any attempts to inject code into the game and reporting that automatically? Obviously this would have to check for something trying to inject values into the game itself - so as not to falsely pick up things like Nvidia Shadowplay or MSI afterburner as hacking attempts for example.

Glad to see you're taking action to get the hackes and exploiter situation under control, as Division has a lot of potential, and it'd be sad to see the game fail due to hackers and gitchers.

MonkInsane
05-03-2016, 09:41 AM

Bugs are a little different. If you are un inexperienced player.
How do you know if it is a bug, or just a cool feature?

Also I spent 30 min now looking for that info about found bugs. Where is it?
I don't feel that you can pose on all players to spend a lot of time reading on forums about the game, to be able to play the game correctly.

At least attach some links on the Ubisoft news page to the bug info page, so its easy to find.

Thank You

Going Rogue is part of the game, yeah they're annoying when you're grinding for XP - but it is also a lot of fun. The dark zone is a PvP area - deal with it. You should really try it out sometime, it's fun going rogue - or hunting Rogues.