PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think there will be cross-platformed?

CraftyMastema
04-28-2016, 08:13 PM
It would be awesome to see pc ps4 and xbox players uniting to one game and maybe have giant 50 vs 50 clans between systems as events.

MisterWillow
04-29-2016, 01:35 AM
It would be nice, and considering that (both?) PS4 (and Xbox?) has a few games already that are cross-platform with PC, I'm certain it would happen if it was console exclusive to playstation, just because the control system favours controllers, so it's difficult to make an argument that PC players would dominate. With Microsoft, though, I don't know.

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2016, 12:46 PM
I think For Honor has potential to be cross platform but I don't know if it will happen. It hasn't happened with too many AAA titles as of late and I have doubts if Microsoft and Sony would both be up for allowing console cross platform considering they're in direct competition with each other.

theinkBot
05-08-2016, 10:09 PM
The biggest hurdle for crossplatform play is twofold: first control and spec differences between PC and console. I don't think the control side is going to be much of an issue for For Honor, but if it runs at 30 fps for console players and PC gamers can crank it to 60 and beyond, the console players will be at a severe disadvantage (if that difference even makes it able to do crossplay at all). Second, it's gradually becoming more common with crossplay, but companies are still iffy about allowing it. (Rocket League I think is the only game to date that will allow crossplay between all major platforms)

Willaguy2010
05-09-2016, 12:01 AM
The biggest hurdle for crossplatform play is twofold: first control and spec differences between PC and console. I don't think the control side is going to be much of an issue for For Honor, but if it runs at 30 fps for console players and PC gamers can crank it to 60 and beyond, the console players will be at a severe disadvantage (if that difference even makes it able to do crossplay at all). Second, it's gradually becoming more common with crossplay, but companies are still iffy about allowing it. (Rocket League I think is the only game to date that will allow crossplay between all major platforms)

Unlike FPSs I don't think frames would matter that much in a game like For Honor, maybe it would aid in a bit better blocking time or something like that but it's definitely not a big deal when compared to having frame difference in a first person shooter. Rocket League will be cross-platform with Xbox and PC, and PS4 and PC, but so far it isn't going to be PS4 and Xbox. Microsft extended the invitation to Sony for Cross-platform between multi-platform games and Sony answered with a vague response unfortunately.

Fatal-Feit
05-09-2016, 04:51 AM
Unlike FPSs I don't think frames would matter that much in a game like For Honor, maybe it would aid in a bit better blocking time or something like that but it's definitely not a big deal when compared to having frame difference in a first person shooter. Rocket League will be cross-platform with Xbox and PC, and PS4 and PC, but so far it isn't going to be PS4 and Xbox. Microsft extended the invitation to Sony for Cross-platform between multi-platform games and Sony answered with a vague response unfortunately.

While I agree that For Honor would be completely fine at 30fps, unlike shooters, the frame rate is still important in a game like this. Reflex, precision, timing, it's all key aspects to the combat, and the smoother the responsiveness, the better.