PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PhysX card Issue

abadk9420
04-25-2016, 12:03 AM
I am currently having issues getting this game to use a dedicated PhysX Card. Every time I launch it, my GTX 650's core clock will go up to its normal speed that it does when i launch any game with physX (metro series, borderlands 2, TPS, etc.) But after it goes through opening credits and hits the main menu the 650 drops back to it's idle speed and remains there. Then it sends all physX load to my GTX 970 instead when i'm in main game. I'm hoping someone around here may have an idea on how i can get this game to use my physX card. Any help is appreciated.

Black_Widow9
04-25-2016, 01:22 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Please contact Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can troubleshoot this with you.

Anykeyer
04-25-2016, 12:30 PM
Its a normal behaviour for GameWorks and FleX in particular. Most of the effects are integrated into rendering pipeline now, so they cant be offloaded.

Black_Widow9
04-25-2016, 11:40 PM
Its a normal behaviour for GameWorks and FleX in particular. Most of the effects are integrated into rendering pipeline now, so they cant be offloaded.

abadk9420
05-02-2016, 05:06 AM

I believe this game was built with the older PhysX. Also, why is it my other PhysX games (Metro Series, Borderlands 2, Pre-Sequel. Fallout 4 and Killing Floor 2. those last 2 use Flex) will use my 650 for physX processing but this game won't. That makes no sense.