PDA

View Full Version : Doing my Yearly Playthrough

Sigma 1313
04-23-2016, 08:04 PM
So every summer I do a playthrough of all the main games in the series. Sometimes I do spinoffs. I'm going to be starting AC1 either today or tomorrow. Because I'm getting married in July, and my fiancee and I travel a lot for work, I'm starting it a bit early. That said, I've also thought about posting mini reviews of the games and how they stack up to each other. If you'd be interested in seeing stuff like that (from the perspective of a game designer), let me know below. I'll post the order I'm playing the games below.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2 (Plus Sequence 12 and 13 and the truth)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (plus doing the truth, DaVinci disappearance after main game, and doing Christina missions)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Not playing Lost Archive (I am doing the desmond missions), might watch it and Embers on youtube though)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
Assassin's Creed 3 (Plus Tyranny of King Washington)
Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation HD
Assassin's Creed 4 (Plus Freedom Cry)
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity (Plus Dead Kings)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (plus Jack the Ripper)
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia (with special ending cutscene)

ERICATHERINE
04-24-2016, 02:27 AM
Assassin's Creed 2 (Plus Sequence 12 and 13 and the truth)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (plus doing the truth, DaVinci disappearance after main game, and doing Christina missions)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Not playing Lost Archive (I am doing the desmond missions), might watch it and Embers on youtube though)
Assassin's Creed 3 (Plus Tyranny of King Washington)
Assassin's Creed 4 (Plus Freedom Cry)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (plus Jack the Ripper)

So, I assume you will not watch ac lineage or ac ascendance or do the Templars hideout of ac ii/brotherhood,
Copernico dlc,
The mission about the head and sword of Vlad the empalor,
Every other dlc missions of ac iii like, for a quick exemple, the ones about Benedict Arnold,
The Aveline dlc
Or the last maharaja dlc? ^-^

Sigma 1313
04-24-2016, 05:19 AM
So, I assume you will not watch ac lineage or ac ascendance or do the Templars hideout of ac ii/brotherhood,
Copernico dlc,
The mission about the head and sword of Vlad the empalor,
Every other dlc missions of ac iii like, for a quick exemple, the ones about Benedict Arnold,
The Aveline dlc
Or the last maharaja dlc? ^-^

I don't really feel like lineage or ascendance actually add anything important to the series. Lineage really just tells us how Ezio's hidden blade ends up broken, and ascendance tells us a little about the templars in Rome. Nothing major. Same with the templar hideouts in the II and Brotherhood. I may actually do the one lair in II where you help Lorenzo Medici out in his home. Missions like Vlad the impaler and the mayan temple from AC Rev and III respectively are just there to give an honestly crappy weapon. Both are pointless for story. I can't do the Copernico DLC because it's PS3 only (same with Benedict Arnold and Aveline). The three extra missions in Unity also add nothing of real value, (same with the couple from Syndicate).I've watched the last Maharaja on youtube and thought it also didn't add enough to justify buying. So I won't be playing any of those. I also do not usually do 100% playthroughs. It's more for story than anything. To be more specific about what I'll do in each game:

- Assassin's Creed: Complete Game, talk to lucy, will not do every interrogation mission.

- Assassin's Creed 2: Complete Game (including main missions of Sequence 12 and 13), collect Altair Armor. Will not do races, courier missions, etc.

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Complete Game, find all 5 objects in modern day, do christina missions (so I must get 75% sync), davinci disappearance DLC

- Assassin's Creed Revelations: Complete Game, get Ishak Pasha armor, do desmond missions, may watch embers

- Assassin's Creed Chronicles China: Complete game on easiest difficulty (just running through it)

- Assassin's Creed 3 - Complete Game, complete tyranny, may do homefront missions,

- Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation HD - Complete Game, get Erudito Special Ending

- Assassin's Creed 4: Complete Game, may do templar hunts, freedom cry

- Assassin's Creed Rogue: Complete Game

- Assassin's Creed Unity: Complete Game, dead kings

- Assassin's Creed Chronicles India: Complete game (quick runthrough)

- Assassin's Creed Syndicate: Complete Game, may do side missions due to quality of content, (minimum Victoria Missions), liberate all of London, Jack the Ripper

- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia: Complete game, see special ending

cawatrooper9
04-25-2016, 02:44 PM
I did the exact same thing in December, minus the Chronicles games.

Good luck, it takes a while... but what a journey! Side note: I'm not a fan of the Chronicles, but I like where you've placed them.

Ubi-Banshee
04-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Awesome idea! Hope you have fun with your play through :cool: I've been thinking about doing something similar, but I can't find my copy of AC1 - may have to re-purchase...

ERICATHERINE
04-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Awesome idea! Hope you have fun with your play through :cool: I've been thinking about doing something similar, but I can't find my copy of AC1 - may have to re-purchase...

Why not watch a "movie" about ac 1 like we can find in google video just by writing "assassin's creed 1 movie". Normaly the only thing that can be important you might miss that way is the mails. Sometimes I prefer watching one of these video instead of continuing ac 1, since I find the missions too similar. At some point, they are basically the same thing we already done, but harder. ^-^

raytrek79
04-25-2016, 06:09 PM
I start a game up now and then, love the old ones, 2 and Brotherhood, but I have a short attention span.

Locopells
04-26-2016, 11:37 AM
I've got this to look forward to - once I catch up with my backlog of new games...

Ubi-Banshee
04-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Why not watch a "movie" about ac 1 like we can find in google video just by writing "assassin's creed 1 movie". Normaly the only thing that can be important you might miss that way is the mails. Sometimes I prefer watching one of these video instead of continuing ac 1, since I find the missions too similar. At some point, they are basically the same thing we already done, but harder. ^-^

Mmm yes that is a good idea! I would love to play a super HD version of AC1, haven't played since xbox days but I loved the setting enough that I didn't notice the sameness of the missions at the time.

pacmanate
04-28-2016, 03:10 PM
I always do this in the lead up to a new release, but seeing as we aren't getting one this year I will probably hold off.

Then again, I've only played ACSyndicate once through, which for me is weird since I've played all the others through at least 12 times each, so I might repurchase this again later in the year.

Ubi-Banshee
04-28-2016, 05:44 PM
I always do this in the lead up to a new release, but seeing as we aren't getting one this year I will probably hold off.

Then again, I've only played ACSyndicate once through, which for me is weird since I've played all the others through at least 12 times each, so I might repurchase this again later in the year.

Haha you could always do it in prep for the movie! ;)

SixKeys
04-28-2016, 05:47 PM
This thread has inspired me to start my own AC marathon. Wish me luck!

Assassin_M
04-28-2016, 05:57 PM
13 times, 5 times, look at all these noob numbers.

ze_topazio
04-28-2016, 06:45 PM
This thread has inspired me to start my own AC marathon. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

13 times, 5 times, look at all these noob numbers.

How are your records these days?

Assassin_M
04-28-2016, 07:16 PM

Bad. I haven't played an AC game more than once since AC III.

ze_topazio
04-28-2016, 09:15 PM
^ Filthy casual pleb.

crusader_prophet
04-28-2016, 10:34 PM
I loved the setting enough that I didn't notice the sameness of the missions at the time.

This. AC1 was my first ever video game I played. Words cannot describe at how many levels it resonated with me. I remember just strolling around in The Kingdom on my horse taking it as slowly as possible soaking in the beauty around.

Locopells
04-28-2016, 11:53 PM
AC1 wasn't my first game, but it was the one that got me properly into gaming.

pacmanate
04-29-2016, 01:37 AM
Haha you could always do it in prep for the movie! ;)

Oh Yeah! Good point, totally forgot about the movie for a second.

Bad. I haven't played an AC game more than once since AC III.

^ Filthy casual pleb.

God Dammit, that's me with AC Syndicate.

I DON'T WANT TO BECOME M.

I'm seriousreallylol jk. But for reals though, I feel burnt out.

Sigma 1313
04-29-2016, 02:33 AM
Good luck!

I'm not much better myself with recent releases.
AC1 - 25
AC2 - 34
ACBro - 28
ACRev - 21
AC3 - 17
AC4 - 9
ACrogue - 4
ACUni - 3
ACSynd - 2
ACCChina - 3
ACCIndia - 2
ACCRussia - 2

ERICATHERINE
04-29-2016, 03:03 AM
I'm not much better myself with recent releases.
AC1 - 25
AC2 - 34
ACBro - 28
ACRev - 21
AC3 - 17
AC4 - 9
ACrogue - 4
ACUni - 3
ACSynd - 2
ACCChina - 3
ACCIndia - 2
ACCRussia - 2

What about ac liberation hd? ^-^

Sigma 1313
04-29-2016, 04:34 PM
What about ac liberation hd? ^-^

4.5 times. I went to go through it one time and stopped just before I got to Mexico. Don't remember why.

Jessigirl2013
05-01-2016, 11:47 AM
I keep planning to do the same myself... I keep putting it off though as there's no AC this year and I'll probably instead play them this time next year.:rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
05-01-2016, 06:42 PM
I keep planning to do the same myself... I keep putting it off though as there's no AC this year and I'll probably instead play them this time next year.:rolleyes:

You forgot the movie. Personnaly, I want to finnish a ac serie before watching it. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Right now I'm at Assassin's creed 1 at sequence 3. I'll not get every collectible, but I'll do every missions and viewpoints and save everyone, in that game. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-03-2016, 03:19 AM
So, today, I killed Garnier de Naplouse, completing it's part of the sequence and I also, finnished synchronizing every viewpoints of the kingdom. Right now I'm at Jerusalem where I saved the first person and did the first viewpoint. ^-^

pacmanate
05-03-2016, 05:03 PM
I really wish AC1 got remade... Not too much different from the original, would like the old parkour to stay for nostalgia sake.

But those travels from Masyaf to whatever city every single time you kill someone is sooooooo tiring. Thats what puts me off AC1 playthroughs. I love that game, but man, does it drag.

ERICATHERINE
05-03-2016, 05:22 PM
I really wish AC1 got remade... Not too much different from the original, would like the old parkour to stay for nostalgia sake.

But those travels from Masyaf to whatever city every single time you kill someone is sooooooo tiring. Thats what puts me off AC1 playthroughs. I love that game, but man, does it drag.

Well, if I remember correctly, after sequence 3, you can go to any city (at least from Masyaf) just by exiting a place. So, you can skip the kingdom. The only place I think we can't go directly to is Arsuf, when we go kill Robert de Sable. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-03-2016, 07:38 PM
I just finnished sequence 3 and started sequence 4. I'm at the part of Damas. Haven't done Acre and Jerusalem yet. In Damas, I just went to the Assassin office to go see the raffiq and done the first viewpoint of the new part of the city. ^-^

RVSage
05-03-2016, 09:52 PM
I will start my play through in fall, before the movie release :D

SixKeys
05-03-2016, 10:49 PM

In the PC version at least you only have to journey from Masyaf to each city once. After that if you have to go back to a city, you can fast travel there after talking to Al Mualim. I think that approach is perfectly fine as I love the Kingdom and how bits of it gradually open up as you progress.

I just finnished sequence 3 and started sequence 4. I'm at the part of Damas. Haven't done Acre and Jerusalem yet. In Damas, I just went to the Assassin office to go see the raffiq and done the first viewpoint of the new part of the city. ^-^

Just a correction: it's Damascus, not Damas. :)

Locopells
05-03-2016, 11:35 PM
In the PC version at least you only have to journey from Masyaf to each city once. After that if you have to go back to a city, you can fast travel there after talking to Al Mualim. I think that approach is perfectly fine as I love the Kingdom and how bits of it gradually open up as you progress.

Might be a Director's Cut thing as well. Was never sure whether you had to sync all Kingdom viewpoints to activate it either.

ze_topazio
05-03-2016, 11:45 PM
It's the same in PS3 version, you only need to travel to the cities on the first time, after that you can fast travel.

Assassin_M
05-04-2016, 12:02 AM
Damn, Pac, you did that journey every single time? Wow.

ERICATHERINE
05-04-2016, 02:55 AM
Just a correction: it's Damascus, not Damas. :)

In the french version of the game, it's called Damas. But, thanks for the info. I'll try to remember it. ^-^

SixKeys
05-04-2016, 02:59 AM
Might be a Director's Cut thing as well. Was never sure whether you had to sync all Kingdom viewpoints to activate it either.

You don't. When you fast-travel from Masyaf to any city, it asks you if you want to be dropped inside the bureau or outside the city gates. So all you need is to have unlocked the bureau in each city, which obviously you can't miss.

In the french version of the game, it's called Damas. But, thanks for the info. I'll try to remember it. ^-^

I think it's just a pronunciation thing. Even in the English version it's pronounced "Damas" but spelled Damascus.

ERICATHERINE
05-04-2016, 03:09 AM
I think it's just a pronunciation thing. Even in the English version it's pronounced "Damas" but spelled Damascus.

No, it's not pronunciation. I looked at the signs in the kingdom that leads to Damascus and it's wrote Damas. Also, when I do a viewpoint in Damascus, the game write "... point d'observation effectué dans le quartier ... de Damas". For english I don't know if Damascus is really ponouced Damas, but in french it is ponouced and wrote Damas. ^-^

SixKeys
05-04-2016, 03:17 AM
No, it's not pronunciation. I looked at the signs in the kingdom that leads to Damascus and it's wrote Damas. Also, when I do a viewpoint in Damascus, the game write "... point d'observation effectué dans le quartier ... de Damas". For english I don't know if Damascus is really ponouced Damas, but in french it is ponouced and wrote Damas. ^-^

I see. Then it must be a localization thing.

ERICATHERINE
05-04-2016, 03:34 AM
I see. Then it must be a localization thing.

Maybe. I don't know for the France, but here, in Quebec, it's like that, it seems. Also, it's not the only name that is wrote different from english, in french.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

I didn't check all the entries, but in the 12th century, at the first point of august 1176, we can read the name of the Assassins mentor as Rashid ad-Din Sinan, which in the french games of ac 1 like ac revelations, is pronounced AND wrote Al Mualim. ^-^

pacmanate
05-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Damn, Pac, you did that journey every single time? Wow.

No, Jesus Christ. I meant the concept of having to go back and forth for a lecture after every target kill.

ERICATHERINE
05-04-2016, 09:11 PM
No, Jesus Christ. I meant the concept of having to go back and forth for a lecture after every target kill.

Don't you have the option to skip the kingdom after you returned to the Assassin's office, after the target had been killed? I have it, on ps3. ^-^

pacmanate
05-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Don't you have the option to skip the kingdom after you returned to the Assassin's office, after the target had been killed? I have it, on ps3. ^-^

Yeah the Fast Travel, but I mean I didn't like how you had to go back to Masyaf just to run out of it again and get on the horse to get to the part where you choose which city to go to etc etc after every target death. It was just tedious.

ERICATHERINE
05-04-2016, 11:30 PM
Yeah the Fast Travel, but I mean I didn't like how you had to go back to Masyaf just to run out of it again and get on the horse to get to the part where you choose which city to go to etc etc after every target death. It was just tedious.

Well, at least by going back, you get new/better weapon and/or skill, and/or life, and/or more trowing knife. ^-^

pacmanate
05-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Well, at least by going back, you get new/better weapon and/or skill, and/or life, and/or more trowing knife. ^-^

That is true. I love AC's progression, it felt the most natural out of all the AC games as I actually felt like I got more powerful as the game progressed.

ERICATHERINE
05-05-2016, 06:52 PM
That is true. I love AC's progression, it felt the most natural out of all the AC games as I actually felt like I got more powerful as the game progressed.

This. I like to see the change with Altair. There is a psychological change that we can see as the sequences advance. Also, I love to try to see the change in his outfit. For exemple, the last time he returned to Masyaf, he change his (sorry if that's not the real name) chess armor. I believe it was made of leather while now it's made of metal. ^-^

Locopells
05-05-2016, 07:15 PM

I think this might be a Director's Cut thing, but I always got the fast travel option at the gate to the keep (before going down into the village), so it's not too bad for me.

Jessigirl2013
05-07-2016, 07:05 PM
You forgot the movie. Personnaly, I want to finnish a ac serie before watching it. ^-^

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about the movie.

I think its because I still cant really believe its actually happening after SO long..:rolleyes:
Once the trailer is revealed I think I will officially lose it...:cool:

I will start my play through in fall, before the movie release :D

Yeah, I'll probably play up to ACIII though... Up to when MD was destroyed (possibly forever):rolleyes:

pacmanate
05-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I'll probably play up to ACIII though... Up to when MD was destroyed (possibly forever):rolleyes:

BUT AC4 lS ACTUALLY A GREAT GAME :(

Sigma 1313
05-10-2016, 10:10 PM
So I'm currently half way through Assassin's Creed 2 when Desmond tests out his skills outside the animus. Lucy says to him (in regards to 16) "Towards the end he became focused on the middle east, ancient africa, and Italy..." I know that 16 was deleted in revelations, but is it possible we will see some type of return from him or desmond in the gray in Empire?

Ureh
05-10-2016, 11:52 PM
It's possible. The return of Nolan North could happen unless they decide to transfer Desmond's "spirit" into a different body (Maybe into a different gender as well?). But having Nolan again is probably too good of an opportunity to pass if they do decide to follow that road.

Sigma 1313
05-13-2016, 10:33 PM
So I just finished AC2 and I played it through with the DLC installed for the first time (rather than playing them after the main game, or watching it on youtube). If you don't have sequence 12 or 13 they will talk about what desmond is missing (I find it odd Ezio's trip to spain in 1491-1492 isn't mentioned), including the Bonfires of the Vanities, at which Rebecca exclaims "Oh, I love that movie!", Shaun retorts with his usual ****ishness saying "Oh, oh do you? Please, what else do you like? Rebecca, the grown ups are talking!". So, with the DLC installed, they never say that... Does that mean that converstation isn't part of the lore? Did the grown ups never get a chance to talk!? I'm joking, but I am curious if that is part of the cannon or not

pacmanate
05-13-2016, 11:02 PM
I would say yes, because when the DLC came out they talked about it being repaired. So that conversation is cannon.

Ureh
05-15-2016, 08:05 PM
I also decided to replay the older games before I open Syndicate! AC1's combat's pace feels good if the player doesn't hold the block button the whole time. You're constantly performing combos, dodges, counters, and all that other good stuff. Out of all the combat systems so far, this one requires the most timing and reflexes if you want to finish a large fight without taking damage.

One difference that I'd like to point out between ACU and AC1. Both have a similar "finisher" system where they sometimes give you a choice to deliver a fatal blow or knockout. The only discrepancies are: 1) Unity gives you more time to choose, the guards are standing there as if in a daze (Mortal Kombat style). 2) Altair really loves breaking bones while Arno goes for the this-is-sparta kicks or puts his shoulder into them. 3) And in order for Arno to knock them out you have to hold the button, which is a pretty nice balance between lethal/non-lethal (assuming you aren't using one of the non-lethal weapons).

I should mention that I'm only in Memory 3 (Abu, Maj, Wil) so not everything is unlocked and I didn't install the patch.

Farlander1991
05-15-2016, 08:26 PM
I also decided to replay the older games before I open Syndicate! AC1's combat's pace feels good if the player doesn't hold the block button the whole time. You're constantly performing combos, dodges, counters, and all that other good stuff.

Yeah. I always said that to fix AC1's combat system, the only thing you need to do is either remove the counter or make it less OP (more similar to Unity's parry, for example). But of all the changes done to the combat system AC2 and forward (until Unity), not only did they not fix the counter, they added kill streaks (which benefit from the counter as well).

One difference that I'd like to point out between ACU and AC1. Both have a similar "finisher" system where they sometimes give you a choice to deliver a fatal blow or knockout.

Wait, there's a choice in AC1? All the time I've played what I've noticed is if the opponent has health left at the end of your combo Altair will temporary knock him on the floor, and if there's none then it will be a fatal finisher.

EDIT: Though, now that I think about it, I do remember at the end of combo additional button presses at correct moments would lead to different finishers, but I always thought that it was that 'extra damage' to do a lethal finisher and not a knockout animation.

Ureh
05-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Wait, there's a choice in AC1? All the time I've played what I've noticed is if the opponent has health left at the end of your combo Altair will temporary knock him on the floor, and if there's none then it will be a fatal finisher.

EDIT: Though, now that I think about it, I do remember at the end of combo additional button presses at correct moments would lead to different finishers, but I always thought that it was that 'extra damage' to do a lethal finisher and not a knockout animation.

Yeah I think it's a choice. It looks like it only happens if Altair successfully counters a "strong" attack. The enemy will become stunned and you can press the attack button for fatal finisher or the "foot" button to bust their knee cap or shin. If the latter, then the guard will writhe on the ground in pain for the rest of the fight (eventually they pass out, I guess). Arno only/always gets the choice after he knocks the health bar to zero without using a critical kill.

edit: I do know what you're referring to though. The counter animation where he'll automatically knock them down, which I think only happens if they have a lot of health left and Altair counters a regular attack.

Also I finally bought Rogue!

pacmanate
05-18-2016, 02:12 AM
Also I finally bought Rogue!

*Rouge

;)

ERICATHERINE
05-25-2016, 06:48 PM

I didn't continu after this comment. I wanted to take a break of all this repetitiveness. Today, I'll continu. I hope I'll be able to finnish the sequence 4 and go to md. ^-^

Jessigirl2013
05-25-2016, 07:00 PM
I didn't continu after this comment. I wanted to take a break of all this repetitiveness. Today, I'll continu. I hope I'll be able to finnish the sequence 4 and go to md. ^-^
What part is particularly repetitive?

Sigma 1313
05-25-2016, 07:48 PM
What part is particularly repetitive?

Well Ac1 is extremely repetitive. Go to city x, sync y viewpoints, save z citizens, complete 3 missions which are all one of 4 different types (assassinate, collect flags, pickpocket, evesdrop), then kill target. This happens 9 times. Great writing in between, but the gameplay is extremely repetitive.

Anyway, I just finished Revelations, and I was surprised. There were a number of references to ancient Greece and Egypt in both Brotherhood and Revelations.

ERICATHERINE
05-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Well Ac1 is extremely repetitive. Go to city x, sync y viewpoints, save z citizens, complete 3 missions which are all one of 4 different types (assassinate, collect flags, pickpocket, evesdrop), then kill target. This happens 9 times. Great writing in between, but the gameplay is extremely repetitive.

This, but I want to do every missions, may they be side missions or primary one, so I have to do more than just 3 missions. The only thing I won't do, in ac 1 is the collectibles. If some of them are on my path, ok, I'll get/kill it, but I won't searche for them. If a type of collectible give something at some point, in other game, like the 100 feathers of ac ii, giving 2 video, I'll collect them, but if not, not. ^-^

Farlander1991
05-25-2016, 10:20 PM
If you want to replay AC1 and not feel the repetitiveness, replay it with the HUD fully off and not looking at the map. Outside of some missions that were added to the PC versions (a couple of which are impossible to do without the map, so for those I suppose it's fair to use it), AC1 was designed to be played fully HUD-less, hence the very cyclic structure - it's there so you could learn patterns and then find discrepancies in them to continue your investigations. The feeling is much more different than with the HUD when you have a GPS with icons to follow because that removes half of the design intention, AC1 wasn't designed for playthrough with map.

A little self-plug, but I have a detailed post here (https://stanislavcostiuc.com/2016/03/02/hud-less-design-of-assassins-creed-1/) explaining of why AC1 is incredibly awesome when playing without the HUD, so if you do a replay of AC1 I suggest doing so with HUD absolutely off as it provides an absolutely different experience and it's the only game in the series that can be completed fully HUD-less and without looking at the map (with the exception of the said couple missions added to the PC version).

ERICATHERINE
05-26-2016, 12:25 AM
If you want to replay AC1 and not feel the repetitiveness, replay it with the HUD fully off and not looking at the map. Outside of some missions that were added to the PC versions (a couple of which are impossible to do without the map, so for those I suppose it's fair to use it), AC1 was designed to be played fully HUD-less, hence the very cyclic structure - it's there so you could learn patterns and then find discrepancies in them to continue your investigations. The feeling is much more different than with the HUD when you have a GPS with icons to follow because that removes half of the design intention, AC1 wasn't designed for playthrough with map.

A little self-plug, but I have a detailed post here (https://stanislavcostiuc.com/2016/03/02/hud-less-design-of-assassins-creed-1/) explaining of why AC1 is incredibly awesome when playing without the HUD, so if you do a replay of AC1 I suggest doing so with HUD absolutely off as it provides an absolutely different experience and it's the only game in the series that can be completed fully HUD-less and without looking at the map (with the exception of the said couple missions added to the PC version).

I actually like having a hud in my games, so I don't think I'll do that. Also, this would not change the fact that the game is too much repetitive, from my point of view. After all, we still have to do the same missions in the 3 citys again and again and again with just the difficulty changing and it's the same thing with the people I rescue, whome are in a way bigger number than the different category of missions. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-26-2016, 12:30 AM
On a different note, I just killed the Damascus target of sequence 4, his assassination finishing the Damascus part of the sequence. I also got the time to go to Acre, do the first viewpoint there and to go to the Assassin office. I still haven't started the Jerusalem part of the sequence. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
05-26-2016, 04:52 AM
I just finnished the acre part of the sequence 4. I also did 2 viewpoints and went to the Assassin office of Jerusalem. ^-^

MikeFNY
05-26-2016, 08:21 AM
I don't think AC1 is meant to be played from start to finish without taking a break.

I'm talking about completing 100% of the game.

I actually played the main story first, then went back to complete some more stuff after Revelations and back again as I was waiting for the new PS4 to be released to play Unity.

If you play it for weeks and weeks, yes, it will become repetitive but if you take a one-month break it will feel fresh and unique as the first time :)

Shahkulu101
05-26-2016, 09:39 AM
So during the easter hols I got really bored with like 5 days left and thought why don't I speedrun the series, did AC1 in one sitting of about 10 hours. Not recommended LOL...

AC2 the next day didn't go well, got bored very quickly.

ERICATHERINE
05-26-2016, 08:34 PM
I just finnished sequence 4. I also started the Damascus part of sequence 5, by doing the first viewpoint and going to the Assassin office. I didn't start the Acre part of sequence 5 yet. I also readed every email I could for now, in md. Finally, I went on the assassin's creed wikia site about surveillance of acinitiates.com to read what happened in md while Desmond was in the animus. I do that between each md part. ^-^

I just finnished sequence 5. I also did the first viewpoint of Jerusalem, in sequence 6 and the I went to the Assassin office. ^-^

Locopells, I don't consider that a double post if it's not put the same day. :-\

ERICATHERINE
05-28-2016, 04:25 AM
A couple of hours ago, I finnished ac 1's story. I even readed the 2 emails that arrives only after the credits. Next step : reading everything between the end of the 12th century until the end of ac ii's century, on this site

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

^-^

Edit. Done. Next step is to watch Assassin's creed lineage. ^-^

Shahkulu101
05-28-2016, 05:43 AM
Maybe you should start a new thread and have your updates as edits in the OP so you don't keep double posting. Not that I mind but teh rulez are rulez.

ERICATHERINE
05-28-2016, 06:30 AM
I just watched ac lineage. ^-^

Maybe you should start a new thread and have your updates as edits in the OP so you don't keep double posting. Not that I mind but teh rulez are rulez.

Yea, I actually wanted to create a thread like this before this one came. Thing is I just don't want my thread to get fusioned with this one. ^-^

Edit, I'll try, but I doubt it will work. ^-^

Sigma 1313
05-30-2016, 07:39 PM
I'm finally on AC3. Should I do the homestead missions?

ERICATHERINE
05-30-2016, 08:34 PM

Definitely, yes. From my point of view, the homestead missions are the best side missions of all the ac serie followed by the ones where we use the Aquila. ^-^

cawatrooper9
05-31-2016, 02:44 PM

Depends. Have you done them before?

In my experience, every player should do them once. They're an experience, to say the least. If you haven't done them before, or if you have and enjoyed them, then go for it!

If you're like me and were invested in seeing what happened, but viewed the thing as a large chore, they can probably get a pass.

Sigma 1313
05-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Depends. Have you done them before?

In my experience, every player should do them once. They're an experience, to say the least. If you haven't done them before, or if you have and enjoyed them, then go for it!

If you're like me and were invested in seeing what happened, but viewed the thing as a large chore, they can probably get a pass.

Yeah, I 100%ed my main profile. I made a separate profile for this playthrough. I generally do. I always found all of Assassin's Creed 3 a chore. I love the DLC and modern day, but it takes way too long to really open up, and while interesting, the homestead felt a bit boring. I hated the Aquila missions because I was never upgraded enough, because I never had money, because I had to boost, to kill like 8000 beavers and 10000 bears to get enough money to upgrade the ship once.

cawatrooper9
05-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I 100%ed my main profile. I made a separate profile for this playthrough. I generally do. I always found all of Assassin's Creed 3 a chore. I love the DLC and modern day, but it takes way too long to really open up, and while interesting, the homestead felt a bit boring. I hated the Aquila missions because I was never upgraded enough, because I never had money, because I had to boost, to kill like 8000 beavers and 10000 bears to get enough money to upgrade the ship once.

Yeah, so I guess that's up to you then. If the whole game is a chore to you, I'd imagine that you'd want to just get through it as quickly as possible. If you're going for 100% on everything (a crazy ambitious goal) then I guess it would be worth it to suffer through the chores.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-01-2016, 02:09 PM

Definitely, yes. From my point of view, the homestead missions are the best side missions of all the ac serie followed by the ones where we use the Aquila. ^-^

A big yes!

It really gives more back story to Connor and the homestead colonists.

In fact, Alex Hutchison did say that many people changed their minds about Connor after playing these missions. It made them appreciate/understand the character more :o

SixKeys
06-01-2016, 10:15 PM
A big yes!

It really gives more back story to Connor and the homestead colonists.

In fact, Alex Hutchison did say that many people changed their minds about Connor after playing these missions. It made them appreciate/understand the character more :o

They made me hate him more, lol. :p The voice-acting in those missions is the worst in the entire game and some of them are just embrassingly bad.

"Oh, I forgot my hammer in New York. Go retrieve it for me, Connor!"
*retrieves hammer*
"Oh, something's wrong with this hammer. Go to Boston to find out what it is, Connor!"

Just buy a new godd@mn hammer already.

cawatrooper9
06-01-2016, 10:22 PM
They made me hate him more, lol. :p The voice-acting in those missions is the worst in the entire game and some of them are just embrassingly bad.

"Oh, I forgot my hammer in New York. Go retrieve it for me, Connor!"
*retrieves hammer*
"Oh, something's wrong with this hammer. Go to Boston to find out what it is, Connor!"

Just buy a new godd@mn hammer already.

Yeah, the fetch quests were kind of jarring to me.

Connor is one of the only Assassins left in a young nation that is literally tearing itself apart. He doesn't have time to take a roadtrip to pick up standard tools.

ERICATHERINE
06-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Yeah, the fetch quests were kind of jarring to me.

Connor is one of the only Assassins left in a young nation that is literally tearing itself apart. He doesn't have time to take a roadtrip to pick up standard tools.

From my point of view, the only bad side to these missions is that to replay them, you need to make a new game. ^-^

Sigma 1313
06-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Have to say, playing the side missions in between the main ones is really helping the slog.