PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on the Assassin's Creed Forums

Ubi-Banshee
04-20-2016, 08:41 PM
Hi Assassins!

In the near future, we're hoping to refine the kind of content we produce on the AC forums and web platforms to ensure that it resonates with what you, the community, is most interested in seeing. We'll be setting up two polls - one for forum content and one for web content (blogs, articles, etc.) and would very much appreciate if you have a moment to share your thoughts on what type of content you currently like, what content you don't, and what you would like to see that is not represented.

This poll is specifically for the forums, we will be posting one relatively soon regarding other web content.

Please feel free to share in more detail below, we value any thoughts you are willing to share and they will be taken into consideration as we create our content strategy.

Thank you! :o

- AC Community Team

ERICATHERINE
04-20-2016, 10:56 PM
Hi Assassins!

In the near future, we're hoping to refine the kind of content we produce on the AC forums and web platforms to ensure that it resonates with what you, the community, is most interested in seeing. We'll be setting up two polls - one for forum content and one for web content (blogs, articles, etc.) and would very much appreciate if you have a moment to share your thoughts on what type of content you currently like, what content you don't, and what you would like to see that is not represented.

This poll is specifically for the forums, we will be posting one relatively soon regarding other web content.

Please feel free to share in more detail below, we value any thoughts you are willing to share and they will be taken into consideration as we create our content strategy.

Thank you! :o

- AC Community Team

Find more info about the games

Find more information about the Assassin's creed universe (from what as been wrote, only book, but would also like it about the lore and modern day)

Find tips and hints about the games (the 2 thing which have been wrote, but more importantly, about modern day)

Find thechnical help

Off topic discussion (in the thread about an Assassin's creed subject, only if it's about another important ac subject (edit. Or about a corrective on a precedent comment, just so the people thinking it's true do not think it is if it isn't). If it's something else, write in the "bring up watever you would like..." thread). ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-20-2016, 11:56 PM
Find more information about the games
Find more information about the Assassin's Creed community
Find more information about the Assassin's Creed universe (collectibles, books, cosplay, etc.)
Find tips and hints about the game (specific missions, Easter eggs, etc.)
Find fan art and other community creations
Share information with other community members
Off-topic discussions

:)

ze_topazio
04-21-2016, 01:15 PM
I first started lurking here when the first rumors of Revelations started appearing, so I guess I first came here for information.

pacmanate
04-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Find more info and interact with other community members :)

I couldn't find the "Talk about leaks" option but I would have clicked that one too.

SixKeys
04-21-2016, 02:49 PM
-Interacting with other fans

-Finding information on the games/AC universe

-News

-Tips, help, Easter eggs etc.

Sushiglutton
04-21-2016, 04:54 PM
Favourite thing is to discuss news and rumors with other fans. That's why I have cut down a lot on forum time lately because there hardly are any. Next year will be crazy though, expect AC3-level of hype insanity :D!

Sorrosyss
04-21-2016, 08:32 PM
Nice to see this discussion, thanks dear Banshee. ;)

For myself, I like to discuss news in the franchise, and get into lore discussions as the story is my favorite focus. I've always felt the forum is and should be the official hub and home of the community. I fully respect the varied AC communities, such as Reddit and the Council website, but I can't help but feel alot of the attention to the forum has been left to the wayside. In example, in the run up to Syndicate's launch, there were varied exclusive articles and artwork etc that were solely posted to the Council site. In short, I'd like to see a simultaneous release of information across all community platforms. For me, the forum offers the best combination of the usage of imagery, along with text limits to allow one to go into depth. That, plus I find it so easy to navigate and use, with swift loading times - I can't always say that for certain other platforms.

I'd like to see live Q and A here, and developers posting here. It happens on other Ubi forums, just not very much on AC. It would be nice for fans to see tidbits in a central location, rather than strewn across a hundred random individual twitter responses, and to actually engage with us on design ideas. Alot of fans here have some fantastic and detailed feedback to provide - we're not afraid to critique where its needed, and sometimes such a sounding board can be quite helpful, as other developers have found.

SixKeys
04-22-2016, 11:44 PM
nice to see this discussion, thanks dear banshee. ;)

for myself, i like to discuss news in the franchise, and get into lore discussions as the story is my favorite focus. I've always felt the forum is and should be the official hub and home of the community. I fully respect the varied ac communities, such as reddit and the council website, but i can't help but feel alot of the attention to the forum has been left to the wayside. In example, in the run up to syndicate's launch, there were varied exclusive articles and artwork etc that were solely posted to the council site. In short, i'd like to see a simultaneous release of information across all community platforms. For me, the forum offers the best combination of the usage of imagery, along with text limits to allow one to go into depth. That, plus i find it so easy to navigate and use, with swift loading times - i can't always say that for certain other platforms.

I'd like to see live q and a here, and developers posting here. It happens on other ubi forums, just not very much on ac. It would be nice for fans to see tidbits in a central location, rather than strewn across a hundred random individual twitter responses, and to actually engage with us on design ideas. Alot of fans here have some fantastic and detailed feedback to provide - we're not afraid to critique where its needed, and sometimes such a sounding board can be quite helpful, as other developers have found.

^^

ALL oF THIS

Ubi-Banshee
04-25-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all your feedback so far guys! We'll be compiling this as we go, so feel free to keep adding if you think of more things :cool:

RVSage
04-29-2016, 08:47 PM
1. Interacting with community,
2. get info on leaks/easter eggs in the games,
3. Discuss lore,
4. offering feedback to ubi - I am surprised to see this was not in the poll

It is fun to interact with members and mods :D

ERICATHERINE
04-29-2016, 09:22 PM

Well, we can't put more than 10 choices in a poll. So, I guess they also can't. ^-^

SixKeys
05-01-2016, 12:13 AM
1. Interacting with community,
2. get info on leaks/easter eggs in the games,
3. Discuss lore,

It is fun to interact with members and mods :D

Yeah, feedback is a crucial part. It would be awesome if the forums occasionally had stuff like AMAs with the devs.

Black_Widow9
05-01-2016, 01:28 AM
If you don't see a choice in the poll that you really do want to see go ahead and let us know in the comments. They are being read as well. ;)

ChrisStruk05
05-13-2016, 12:01 AM
I would like to know if there is a new Assassins Creed coming out this year, since the movie is coming out at the end of the year. If anybody knows I would love to know or are we gonna have to wait until E3?

Locopells
05-13-2016, 12:11 AM
Nope, no AC game this year - officially announced a few weeks back now.

Welcome to the forums!

Going4Quests
05-14-2016, 09:24 AM
My only feedback is to protect the forums better against these spambots, the forums are almost every week full with them. :(

Jessigirl2013
05-14-2016, 01:09 PM
^^

ALL oF THIS

Hit the nail on the head... Its a great place to discuss the games and the lore, as well as predicting and giving feedback.:rolleyes:

Jessigirl2013
05-14-2016, 01:11 PM
My only feedback is to protect the forums better against these spambots, the forums are almost every week full with them. :(

^THIS

As of now the PC and console forums first page is just all spam...

Does reporting it even do anything?

Sorrosyss
05-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Been thinking about this recently. With ACinitiates and indeed Ubisoft Club, there is an encouragement to replay the games in order to achieve higher completion scores. To this end, you are outright rewarded with badges for showing off your achievements.

Given the link between Uplay and the forums, could we perhaps look into a similar system to the forums? I don't necesssarily mean everyone should display their badges here. But some suggestions;

- Display the Ubisoft Club XP level next to your name.
- Allow larger avatars for more successful players.
- Custom or customisable titles, there are far too many 'senior members'. Would be nice to change this to our own nicknames maybe.

I feel this would be a good incentive for forum posters to replay their games, improve engagement in the Ubisoft Club, and let forum users put a more personalised stamp on their forum activities.

ERICATHERINE
05-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Been thinking about this recently. With ACinitiates and indeed Ubisoft Club, there is an encouragement to replay the games in order to achieve higher completion scores. To this end, you are outright rewarded with badges for showing off your achievements.

Given the link between Uplay and the forums, could we perhaps look into a similar system to the forums? I don't necesssarily mean everyone should display their badges here. But some suggestions;

- Display the Ubisoft Club XP level next to your name.
- Allow larger avatars for more successful players.
- Custom or customisable titles, there are far too many 'senior members'. Would be nice to change this to our own nicknames maybe.

I feel this would be a good incentive for forum posters to replay their games, improve engagement in the Ubisoft Club, and let forum users put a more personalised stamp on their forum activities.

YOU! Stop what you're doing and go work for ubisoft. ^-^

Sorrosyss
06-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Noticed the new colouration for Ubisoft employees' posts. That's kinda funky. Going back to my last post in this thread, you could do an MVP system and make Star Players, Top Posters, high XP Uplayers, or Community Team nominated quality contributors as a different colouration - say green.

SixKeys
06-04-2016, 11:06 PM
I like the new colored background for Ubi employees' replies, very handy. I wouldn't like any non-employees to have their posts highlighted in different colors or what have you, though. It could lead to people skipping over newbie posts and instinctively prioritising posts from senior members, Star Players etc. I like how everyone feels equal in the current system.

Edit: Custom signature banners displaying Ubisoft Club XP, achievements, multiplayer stats and such could be fun, though. :)

bitebug2003
06-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Looks a little cluttery on the forum view with all the Ubisoft logos (perhaps make them smaller)

Noah C Kent
06-16-2016, 07:33 AM
Hello. I was playing Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 on Xbox One earlier this year. I really enjoyed replaying these on my current system. I was curious if there were plans to continue making the rest of the Assassin's Creed games backward compatible? AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC 3, AC Liberation, and AC Rogue. I just thought since there wasn't a new AC title releasing this year, that it might be possible. Thank you for your time.

http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/larger/public/field/image/2015/09/ubisoft-backwards-compatible.jpg?itok=zDJVWOTf

Ubi-JollyCharly
06-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Hello. I was playing Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 on Xbox One earlier this year. I really enjoyed replaying these on my current system. I was curious if there were plans to continue making the rest of the Assassin's Creed games backward compatible? AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC 3, AC Liberation, and AC Rogue. I just thought since there wasn't a new AC title releasing this year, that it might be possible. Thank you for your time.

Hello Noah C Kent,

We don't have any information about other backward compatibility in the future. But this is a request from the community that we forwarded to the team already :)

JollyCharly